Is RE broke?

Priam

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off yes i have been crafting with 4 different toons 2 light and 2 dark. I have ran all of them over 300 and sending my companions out to gather resources for me. so I do know what is like. I also have played much harder crafting systems. where you crafted experimented spent time and resources for what to try again?? Yep that is the way it suppose to work.

I personally don't think I expect too much from people. I think people would love to everything adapted to them. But my opinion is mine and to most peps it stinks :)

I agree the time has to be longer forsale of items maybe 2 weeks??!! but this has two ways of looking at it first you give others chance to get the credits to buy your items.

the down side of this is people will begin to flood the market with items and it will take you an hour to go rhrough them. Increasing the limit above 50. No... peps again flood the market and again it would take forever to find a good or useable item.

the other thought I had was this... Yes after reading the post by others maybe the odds should go down a lil. like your crafting an item your level 35 and the level of the item is say 20 you SHOULD have a better chance of dropping a better item. Once you have gotten the better item your odds should go down on the next level. however if an item is above your level and try to RE it it should be hard to get anything out of it at least you get some resources out of it..

Just face it the more they tweak it the more complaints of how they broke and one group is going to say how the other group has an advantage and so on etc....

Why do people who are crafting 'over 300 skill' think that this is an acceptable measure of time for 400 skill crafting? It is a different world at 400 its not even comparable, missions take significantly longer and the RE rate is either naturally lower (one would assume this is the case as it should be easier to re gear at 100 than 400) or when i leveled my char up somewhere in the middle is when RE broke.

If you are not at 400skill and have not spent alot of time actively trying to re lvl 49 greens/blues then your opinion is not relevant in this discussion. No one is complaining about the time it takes to re an item at lvl 20 because the crew mission takes 6minutes to run and you can RE 200things an hour, people complain about 400 skill because if you run missions depending on luck you will RE 2 things an hour and having to do that 150times for 1 item is silly.

So for last week I've been definitely noticing the RE chances being non-existent compared to previous chances. I do a lot of crew skills so I feel pretty confident I could notice a difference versus what people just call bad luck or whatever else in this thread. After finding this thread I was relieved to hear that others were noticing the same problems.

After last nights patch I think it feels back to previous levels of chance. I've gotten several blue patterns now and a couple purples over several characters. As far as I can tell it's back to the way it was before.

I was curious about this too. I RE a few green items with on average 5-6 tries. All items were at 380. My attempts to do the same on blues failed after many tries. Of course I am at 400.

Lucky you. Yesterday I RE'ed about 10 green armstech level 360 sniper rifles. I did not get 1 new recipe.

But I hear that only barrels will give you new recipes when RE'ed. The rest will give you nothing but materials.

Why do people who are crafting 'over 300 skill' think that this is an acceptable measure of time for 400 skill crafting? It is a different world at 400 its not even comparable, missions take significantly longer and the RE rate is either naturally lower (one would assume this is the case as it should be easier to re gear at 100 than 400) or when i leveled my char up somewhere in the middle is when RE broke.

If you are not at 400skill and have not spent alot of time actively trying to re lvl 49 greens/blues then your opinion is not relevant in this discussion. No one is complaining about the time it takes to re an item at lvl 20 because the crew mission takes 6minutes to run and you can RE 200things an hour, people complain about 400 skill because if you run missions depending on luck you will RE 2 things an hour and having to do that 150times for 1 item is silly.

Exactly! i was just reading those two replys to me and think its rediculas that they are commenting about how they have perfect success with there less than 300 level crafting... lol

READ the DEV comment highest END level crafting is what has the problem! it said it in the dev comment for petes sake.

Youll find out when you try to get a purple at lvl 49... and if you think 200 blues is acceptable re amount at the highest time and cost of crafting then your nut jobs.

Really? Lucky you, I've been seeing it for weeks.

And, uh, you do realize that the more schems you get the more chance there would be of getting "you already know that schematic"? I mean, if you have no schematics and you RE you aren't likely to get it, now are you? Hate to state the obvious but clearly the obvious can't be seen by a lot of people.

Look,I had max armstech before I switched to biotech and maxed that in about 3 days so it's not like I'm just comparing low level RE'ing to high level.I know how frequently I saw the duplicate schematic recipe while raising both crewskills and I know what sort of percentage was needed to RE to purple and it's definitely far,far worse over the past 2 weeks or so than it ever was before.

I'm not new to crafting and want everything handed to me on a plate,I'd just like the system they say isn't working as designed to be fixed so I don't have to throw mats and credits at a broken system.

I held off REing a bit til this patch, I've managed to discover the purple version of a 22 mod in about 7 greens and 3 Blues. However, the missus has been REing about 20 blues from synthweaving and has yet to learn the purple.

The problem with a "buff" to RNG, is it's still RNG, when the RNG gods don't favour you the "buff" is meaningless.

Sorry I cant read 30 pages of epeenness --- Are people getting RE success since patch cause I have had 0-for-77 across 5 different crafts.

Thank in advance if someone is able to answer and comprehend what post-patch today means

I can confirm that yes you still can learn schematics from RE since the patch. I know they haven't fixed the rates but something told me to try this morning and like BAM first item and I got the schematic. Just random still.

So it's fixed now?

I'd say no. Over 100 Overkill Force Master Sashs RE and this is what I get:

You learned Commander's Force Master Sash Schematic (Presence...HOLY CRAP BW, NO ONE WANTS YOUR STUPID PRESENCE STAT)

You already know that schematic

You already know that schematic

Seriously BW ef, u.

You're expecting too much of people. They want everything given easily to THEM and no one else. I'm sure increasing the RE rate will make them happy though, not like there will be any complaining about how bad the market is. Or how so-and-so got the schem in two RE's and they've already tried two times but no schem so surely RE must be broken.

I really wish you would cease with this nonsense. Hard or easy is irrelevant. It does not exist here because it is little more then the pull of a slot machine handle. I will say it again, THERE IS NO SKILL INVOLVED, so there is no challenge, just a system based on failure rather then success. That, in an of itself, has been demonstrated to negatively affect the gaming experience and subscriptions.

Beyond that, your argument of "harder is better" in regard to the economy is also nonsense. Where tradeskills are concerned, "harder" always leads to three things because harder always leads to a greater damand for mats then the actual produced retail product. First, mat farming over crafting. Two, support for gold sellers. Three, broken economy.

Whenever the acquirement of recipes exceeds the retail profit margin, the system bottom will drop out and mat selling will supersede crafting. That is where we are now. You can see it clearly with level 1 items selling for up to 1k each. You can go to the end of any GTN list and see the gold farmers that have bought up the entire GTN of a particular product and maxed the price well out of reason.

The RE rate is just a symptom of a much larger problem with crafting. It is only the beginning of the paradigm shift from the ridiculous, "harder is better" approach that has been demonstrated time and again, to fail. It works only for gold farmers and mat farmers-not for the game, not for crafting in general.

I can't figure out what everyone's problem is. I've made millions off of crafting. I've only bought mats once and that's when I was low on Mando Iron. Yes, I burned probably around 400 Prototype quality items looking for a particular combination of stats, but it is what it is.

Maybe the term "harder" isn't the best adjective to use, but in a sense, it can apply. Successful crafting is "harder" in the sense that the system rewards people who have the fortitude to stick it out.

If everyone has all the schematics, none of them are worth anything.

I can't figure out what everyone's problem is. I've made millions off of crafting. I've only bought mats once and that's when I was low on Mando Iron. Yes, I burned probably around 400 Prototype quality items looking for a particular combination of stats, but it is what it is.

Maybe the term "harder" isn't the best adjective to use, but in a sense, it can apply. Successful crafting is "harder" in the sense that the system rewards people who have the fortitude to stick it out.

If everyone has all the schematics, none of them are worth anything.

To be fair it's not "everyone's" problem, just the vocal minority that are here complaining about it being broken. Most crafters spend their time in-game crafting.

But otherwise, brilliantly put.

I'm glad the RE is getting adjusted. I noticed that I haven't been recieving any purple grade metals/silks/etc on fetch missions and my number of REs to ding have dramatically low lately.

To put in my 2 cents in the people saying higher percentage of RE is bad, I will say that on my server -Master Zhar Lestin- the amount of blue and purple items are minimal and overpriced on Repub fleet and next to zero on Nar Shaddaa.People either buy mats, gifts, or hawk BoE gear off drops.

Also the GTN needs a greater than 50 limit! and a longer time limit than 2 days would be nice for us regular sellers. All your doing is wasting our time and forcing us to send all our items to alts to sell... why not just increase the limit.

I agree. The time limit of 2 days is a bit abritrary. If it is mid week I decide to post something on GTN, it probably won't sell. If it the weekend, my chances are higher.

please!! get a clue the higher the level the harder it is suppose to be not easier. come on give me a break.

How would you propose to change the system by making higher level items drop quicker just because you throw some money and send your companion for an hour?? It is a random roll of the dice you have a certain pertcentage the higher you go the smaller your chance. the more rare the item the harder it should be. yes i send my other companions. I don't have alot of money. but I do what I can when I can. I don't use actively of on missions yeah it dissapoint me when they come back with small amounts or fail but that is the way it is. every system is not perfect but hey neither is life.:D

Bottom line here folks? When a crafter (using biochemist), starts gathering and making his level 33 pots at level 31, and has still not managed to accomplish that by level 35 and 150k later, the system is not working as intended.

LOL. This is my favorite quote by you. Your entire belief that RE system is broken is because you didn't manage to get one schem by the time you reached that level that you needed to use it on one toon. And that you spent a whopping 150k on it.

You, dear sir, are highly amusing, thank you.

I've now RE'd over 300 level 50 belts trying for epic results. Here are the results:

Leadership.....f me useless, long line of nothing, schematic already known, nothing nothing nothing schematic already known.

I'm just glad BW knows this is a problem but wish the fix would come sooner than later. The money and time involved in making all this stuff is beyond frustrating. I'd be ok with the schematic discovered rates if schematic already known would be removed from the game.

I happen to enjoy crafting for simply the crafting. The issue is that my Synthweaver and Armormech have absolutely no use now that I'm lvl 50. The only reason I'd even craft now is for the gambling-like additction of getting a new schematic. LvL 50 seems to negate crafting for all professions except for BioChem, Cybertech and possibly Armstech- I currently have an Armstech in training solely to get to lvl 400 so I can craft Techblades for my companions who need them because for some stupid reason several companions in the game are stuck using the only weapon that doesn't come in a modable version.

Modable weapons and armours already make these professions end-game obsolete. I have two lvl 50 characters and the whole thing now is getting Hard Mode drops for better gear etc.

If the dev's say RE "isn't working as intended" I'm not going to argue. I don't NEED better RE rates. I was already upping my stock of Drasteel, Zal Alloy and Ciridium to 1k each because it was too damn frustrating watching hundreds of mats vanish into thin air with zero return before the announcement of the potential changes to the RE system. Sure, that makes things a bit easier for me but it still isn't the changes I'd like to see.

What I'd like to see is a return to Beta days when you could RE green loot and get a schematic. Or even mats. All loot now is just turned into credits. It seems like the "Junk Loot" from Dragon Age 2 all over again. It makes our characters glorified middle-men. If we could at least RE the stuff for the paltry amount of mats things tend to give for REing then at least we'd have the CHOICE to sell or RE. Personally, when I loot a crappy green armour piece that I like the look of, I'd like the opportunity to RE it for a schematic. I don't need 100% success on it, but I'm a bit of a collector of schematics and I would like to do it.

Another thing I'd like to see is the chance to RE something into an Orange schematic. More options to dress how you want with the stats that you want are always good.

Finally, I'd like to see Crit on Orange gear not only give an augment slot but a chance at adding another stat as well. Might actually create some market competition. As it is right now, high-lvl players just get their orange gear and then armoursmiths and Synthweavers are never heard from again.

Of course high-lvl players who raid or PvP can bypass the crafting professions completely.

This.

The killer element in grinding RE (that's pretty much what it is, grinding) is the access of materials. They are spent quickly, only a fraction are returned, and the only influx comes from hour-long waits (with paltry returns). Giving everyone more access to schematics will only compound the issue already seen with the inflation of rarer materials on the market.

Giving greater access is only going to ruin people hoping to be barons by maintaining a corner on the market. Nothing of value lost.

The real issue is the fact that end-game crafting is vastly overshadowed by immediately available access to Centurion+ and Tionese+ gear, with unique stats that crafting can't replicate and mods that can't be created. Biochem is about the most valuable profession because it has useful end-level material that only 400 Biochem can access. Implementing unique traits to each profession could help distribute that load.

please!! get a clue the higher the level the harder it is suppose to be not easier. come on give me a break.

How would you propose to change the system by making higher level items drop quicker just because you throw some money and send your companion for an hour?? It is a random roll of the dice you have a certain pertcentage the higher you go the smaller your chance. the more rare the item the harder it should be. yes i send my other companions. I don't have alot of money. but I do what I can when I can. I don't use actively of on missions yeah it dissapoint me when they come back with small amounts or fail but that is the way it is. every system is not perfect but hey neither is life.:D

I dont think you even read the post I made good sir. I did not say anywhere it should be easier to collect stuff at a high level than at a low, I simply stated that if you are not at the highest level then you should not post opinions in this thread.

The main crew skill people complain about is synthweaving because you cannot kill mobs to farm any of the materials for this skill, you instead are stuck running around in circles looking for arch nodes or relying on missions to return the desired materials. All that i stated was that if its going to take me 150 tries to upgrade a chestpiece from green to blue, that maybe the resource system needs to be better implemented.

it takes 6 upari crystals to make 1 chestpiece, now forgive me if im wrong because i dropped synth a while ago but the mission takes 45-60min to run i believe, and will not return 6 upari crystals unless you get a great success. Along with that you must get artifact fragments which also take 45-60min to collect. With this information, one can clearly see that in order to re a blue chestpiece, it could realistically take 40+hours of farming mats. This bring me to my next point, if upon after spending all that time doing this, i proc a redoubt chestpiece for medium armor, I have effectively wasted all of that time and added a useless schematic to my crafting list.

Now you could remove the useless procs from the game, or you could make crafting missions more easily accessable besides having to zone in and out or relog multiple times to get the ones you actually need to run, or you could make archaelogy equal to the other gathering skills, and you would have far less of a problem. I do not expect to train purple schematics from a trainer, but I think the time sink is far to large for some items in the game to make it worthwhile for anyone, when considering that you could spend 2 hours on belsavis and get the 3 mods to make an orange item that is nearly on par with the 100% best result crafting creation.

If you truly believe that if you run bad and end up getting your desired proc on the 6th try around, and that it should take 500RE's to turn that green into the blue that you actually want, and feel that your time is worth that little, I have nothing really to say to you, clearly you do not have a full time job, nor do you value your own time.