Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

People posted numerous videos and screen caps. It wasn't a "few hundred" people spawn camping... It was thousands.

Almost every server reported this type of behavior and that means it had a global (impacted all servers) impact and should be fixed.

I'm sure you are aware of the fact that even if it was 10 thousands people (and I'm shooting VERY high), they still represent the vast minority of the playerbase, that today did all sort of different stuff, playing the legit way.

If you think they prefer pissing off that vast majority to give the few ************ here a pat on the shoulder, you're delusional.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are.

This is the only justfiable and warranted action they can take. Any kind of general rollback would be massively unfair to all the vast majority of the player base that got it's progression legitimately today.

BioWare should have shut the servers down the MOMENT the complaints started.

The fact they didn't shut them down when they knew they might have to reset them means they intentionally screwed people in all senses. They didn't just screw the PvP community... It was EVERYONE!

What to say?

I find your lack of rollback .. disturbing.

Sir, the odds of surviving a respawn in the republic base are approximately 3720 to 1!

You jumped the shark with the Star Wars liscence? You're braver than I thought.

She's got .. well, more valor than you can imagine!

Just because you code for an MMO does not make you intelligent.

Grand Moff NGE, I recognized your foul stench when I logged in today!

Into the garbage chute, PvP!

Barra Ware patcha yah pvp bantha poodoo! HO HO HO!

Or .. something like that. I only read about 30 pages, so my apologies if I'm reiterating any thoughts previously expressed.

to those closing their accounts, you must be new to MMO's Or just overly emotional children.

Or just people that recognize that the only power they have in this situation lies in their wallet. You invest time and money into playing an MMO. The fact that this patch was released to the live servers shows that this development team doesn't understand their own game. It's an entirely reasonable response to cancel your account if you don't have confidence in the development team's ability to provide an MMO you want to invest your time and money into.

Hello everyone; I wanted to update you on the issues we’ve been seeing today on the live servers, specifically within the Open World PvP area on Ilum. We’re aware that on some servers, either Republic or Empire groups have been capturing the Ilum control points, entering the enemy’s base and ‘camping’ the medcenters, preventing the opposite faction from leaving their base to recapture control points. This is not a fair or balanced gameplay experience and can also severely affect client performance, so we’re taking steps to address this.

Our intended design for Ilum Open World PvP is that players are instantly killed when entering the enemy’s base safe area, just like in Warzones, and that the defending faction can take taxis to other points within the zone. In Game Update 1.1, this is not working as intended. We have found the issue preventing this from happening under server load and will be publishing an Emergency Patch to address the issue. We’re aiming to have this patch published early tomorrow morning (January 19th, 5 AM US CST).

In addition to these changes, we’ll be reducing the population cap on Ilum. This should help increase performance by requiring your client to render fewer characters on-screen at once.

Regarding Valor gains, with the 1.1 update, players now receive a base reward of 20 Valor per unique enemy player defeated in a short time, and this base reward is modified by the number of objectives that the player’s faction owns. The gains are rate limited per player killed, encouraging players to attack unique players, not to pursue vendettas. The Valor gains players can see over time will vary greatly depending on the activity level in the zone. This is expected.

To dispel a couple of rumors that have been seen today – there is no Valor gain from destroying turrets within enemy bases, and none from killing NPCs.

We encourage players to avoid Ilum until our patch is deployed. As a temporary measure we will be disabling taxi services which would normally take players into the Open World PvP area. However, players will still be able to taxi out of the area.

We will continue to monitor Ilum across all servers and will make further changes to gameplay if required. We welcome your feedback here on the Forums, but please ensure your feedback is constructive and specific. Feedback based on rumor does not help us isolate potential issues.

Update: Please see Associate Community Manager Joveth Gonzalez's update below:

This is fine hey glad you finaly took notice but what about the other issues like the fact half the bugs and quest glitches you claimed were fixed are not fixed. What about the skill delay and stutter not only is it not fixed its worse.. Half the time you have to multi hit keeys just to get a abilty to fire off are you also gonna fix that crap as well.

What happened in pvp was horrible yes but the crap bugs in pve are just as aggrovating ....

You have no idea that you are brain-washed. You are telling me that after we've paided $80+ and subscribed to pay a monthly fee of $15/Month you are still alright with having a game that is barely finished b/c we should expect them to be 'working on it'?

I don't think so. I don't care who developed this game, a bad game is a bad game.

Excuse everyone for being upset for expecting the bare minimum and then not getting it.

How am I brain washed. If it was a bad game I would not spend my time with it. But I enjoy it and accept that MMO's are large projects and will always encounter setbacks. Doesn't mater which one it is. If this is your first MMO than I can understand how would not realize that. Fact of the matter is, I've had a lot of fun with this MMO in its FIRST month. Enough that I will stick around to see what the future brings, the good and the bad. If you expoect perfection in the first month, then this game is not for you, and I doubt any future MMO's would make you happy either.

I agree that all valor gained today from this "update" needs to be removed from people's valor tallies. It is a huge insult to all those who have been grinding for valor.

By the way, I seriously doubt that any server, except maybe Veela, had a situation where the Empire was being camped and farmed, I bet 95%+ of the farming was done by Imperial players. Now, talk about imbalance... the vast majority of Empire players now are battlemasters all because of ya'lls mistake, how are Republic supposed to compete now? Today's valor gains must go or you will lose a LOT of Republic subscriptions and then you will really have some serious faction imbalance.

Base turrets, on ALL safe zones, not just Ilum, but ALL safe zones need to be 1 shotters that instakill anyone within 50m of the base. They should also be indestructible.

The amount of crying in here is hilarious. To everyone rage quitting and un-subbing don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Oh and enjoy your pandas and wow-kemon. ;)

go to Account > cancel subscription

I just did.

it isnt rage quitting it is is a considered decision based SOLELY on what has happened in Ilum today and the NO ROLLBACK decision made by Bioware.

People are seriously going way overboard with this and not even remotely stopping to think a second about the consequences of the unfairness if it was the other way around.

Hell if the Republic outnumbered the Imps then you could be sure it would be the Imps screaming for rollbacks or unsubbing.

How are you going to put a population cap here - you have daily and weekly quests for pvp, and other dailies regular quests/flashpoints to get done on Ilum.

Plus fps is dropping in warzones, Ilum is just more of a joke - fix that problem so you won't need caps.

as the game stands now I can't complete any of my dailies in the time I have to play. I managed to win one warzone yesterday, none today. I understand that the people I get pugged with, even at level 50, have barely any sense as to how to pvp and this is not bioware's fault.

Ilum, I've managed one kill in two hours of play.

Unless bioware starts offering free character transfers....now....I'm not going to resub and it's a shame because I really liked this game, but if I can't advance my character at 50 then what is the point? If I do continue I'm just going to level to 49, delete and create anew.

I guarantee the kiddies complaining never played WoW, EQ, or Ultima Online at launch. If so they would realize this is pretty typical.

Then again most kids are over entitled brats these days who need a good slapping.

Class balance issues are typical. Lack of content is typical. Completely obliterating PvP mechanics is not typical. Refusing to fix a mistake that is gamebreaking for 20-30% of the population is not typical.

Oh my god all of you grow up would you? So what if PvP isn't working properly? There's hundreds if not thousands of hours of content to be had in the rest of the game. This is not even close to as big of a deal as people are making it out to be.

I play MMO's for PvP and no other reason.

This is game breaking for myself and my entire guild.

We have all unsubscribed today.

It is a big deal.

I'm sure you are aware of the fact that even if it was 10 thousands people (and I'm shooting VERY high), they still represent the vast minority of the playerbase, that today did all sort of different stuff, playing the legit way.

If you think they prefer pissing off that vast majority to give the few ************ here a pat on the shoulder, you're delusional.

No, BioWare sat around doing nothing for 8+ hours while several thousand people complained about throughout the entire day.

BioWare knew people wanted a rollback the moment it started and they screwed everyone by continuing to let people play the game.

Instead of getting mad at people that want a reset you should be mad at BioWare for sitting around while the situation continued to go on.

The players aren't the ones that screwed everyone... BioWare screwed everyone by ignoring player feedback after the server were brought online.

People are seriously going way overboard with this and not even remotely stopping to think a second about the consequences of the unfairness if it was the other way around.

Its called standards. You hold them to the high standards that they have vaunted and delivered before SWTOR. Every small mistake will also be held to those exact same standards.