Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

Originally Posted by doctorfirepants

How is this a giant last straw. Seriously people, the game is barely a month old. I mean, do you really have that lil patience. I've played a lot of MMO's in my time. In no way did I ever expect this game to be perfect or even close to it at launch. players exploited a fault in the system today. Republican players who repeatedly fed those taking advantage of it, your as much to blame as bioware is. You see a problem, remove yourself from it until it is fixed. Simple as that. You cry more than my five year old nephew. All of you crying about canceling, the community here will be much better off without you. For those of you who understand MMO's are under constant development, I look forward to sharing this game with you for some time.

That's exactly the case we do NOT have the patience for gross incompetence like this. With as many MMO's that have been out in the last 10 years they should have seen many of these issues coming. You have 1 month to convince people you are capable of designing a game that is fun and fair. They failed.

Exactly. It is 2012, not 2001.

People expect a lot more quality for their money. A person does not need to 'justify' why they no longer wish to spend money on this product.

It could be the first straw, last straw, or simply because they dislike how BW responded to the situation.

The bottom line, customers are dissatisfied enough to stop paying $15/mo for the service.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have no idea that you are brain-washed. You are telling me that after we've paided $80+ and subscribed to pay a monthly fee of $15/Month you are still alright with having a game that is barely finished b/c we should expect them to be 'working on it'?

I don't think so. I don't care who developed this game, a bad game is a bad game.

Excuse everyone for being upset for expecting the bare minimum and then not getting it.

It's satisfaying to see some people are not dead brainwashed... Dunno how they can be so stubborn with their fallacies "Derp herp the game is a month old, I love paying a live beta bug test ! " maybe 6 months down(hill) the road they realise the engine is still badly optimise and the cake is a lie, they will understand... Too late. :eek:

Cancelled. You won't rollback our game, we'll rollback your bank account.

sadly i must agree.... if no rollback for ALL VALOR in both areas

Tantooine and Ilum

then you lose your rights to our money and must refund the copies of the game as well for false advertisement and broken product. You have not admited not as intended.

Pls roillback as we want star wars but not at this price.

BioWare should have shut the servers down the MOMENT the complaints started.

The fact they didn't shut them down when they knew they might have to reset them means they intentionally screwed people in all senses. They didn't just screw the PvP community... It was EVERYONE!

You're just assuming that they simply won't grab the exploiters and roll them back. As they should, and as they said they will do.

They screwed up no one. You don't just "shut down" servers with hundreds of thousands of people in them before investigating on what's happening because "the complaints started".

As I said, you're delusional, as all the ones demanding a completely unrealistic rollback. That will never happen :rolleyes:

Edited by Abriael

How are you going to put a population cap here - you have daily and weekly quests for pvp, and other dailies regular quests/flashpoints to get done on Ilum.

Plus fps is dropping in warzones, Ilum is just more of a joke - fix that problem so you won't need caps.

I agree

As a temporary measure we will be disabling taxi services which would normally take players into the Open World PvP area. However, players will still be able to taxi out of the area.

What exactly willl "disabling the Taxi's" do? Unless you wall off the tunnels it wont stop players from entering the area.

I'm a patient person, and an MMO vet. I know how things get screwed up, and that it takes time to fix them.

But it isn't the GAME that's the most screwed up thing about this, it's the fact that there will be no rollback to negate the damage the exploiters (who let's face it, were just doing what the broken parts of this game allowed them to).

I cancelled my sub. This isn't a QQ. This is a response to YOUR attitude to reward exploiters, allow such a cheap imbalance to remain and do NOTHING about it.

If there isn't a rollback, I won't be returning. Why invest time in a game that is going to kill itself off with gross mismanagement?

I've supported this game from the moment I heard about it, through beta and until today, I was prepared to continue to do so.

Now I'm not so sure. Prove to us that you give a rats backside about your players, and rollback the valor points.

How am I brain washed. If it was a bad game I would not spend my time with it. But I enjoy it and accept that MMO's are large projects and will always encounter setbacks. Doesn't mater which one it is. If this is your first MMO than I can understand how would not realize that. Fact of the matter is, I've had a lot of fun with this MMO in its FIRST month. Enough that I will stick around to see what the future brings, the good and the bad. If you expoect perfection in the first month, then this game is not for you, and I doubt any future MMO's would make you happy either.

You still have no idea. These companies are slow to 'fix' or 'improve' these kinds of games all the while siphoning off your monthly subscription. You seem to have no concept of how this works. If you are ok with playing a mediocre (could have been great) game, then that is your preference. This would have been a great single player game but the fact remains that it is not.

Obviously not.

And they obviously where not monitering the situation, because if the problem is this 'Broken insta kill zone', they would have known it immediately.

Instead, they have taken no action, and waited hours to come up with a response that seem clearly to be a fabricated excuse.

Not trying to make this sound like the movie Independence Day but they knew. On the test Imps where camping the spawn points in Ilum. It's SWG all over again.

I jsut renewed my account 20 misn ago for another month, an I ONLY pvp world pvp, not BG farming an Illum farming. SO if I still fight for absolutely nothing, while you lot exploit an farm your shinys every day for free I dont think you have it so bad. Try being a real pvper, we get ziltch for any fight.

Your subscription has been cancelled.

Feels better than sex.

You've been doing it wrong then fool.

Oh man Prize-less :D i almost fell to the ground! and could not see for minutes after cus of the tears in my eye lolz.

Edited by Noxsabe

im not in a position to make demands, but i DEMAND A ROLLBACK!

i just got off work, and not that i would actually exploit the broken valor on ilum, the people who did, or anyone who pvped on ilum today should have thier valor reset back to before server came up today..

i know for a fact that people gained valor that was way beyond what you thought they were going to be able to gain.

I'm not mad about anything as of yet. mistakes happen. i will lose a little faith in this game if a rollback isnt issued though.

41 to 77 in 2 hours? We have been pvping ALL day in Illum since the servers are up and have gained only about 5 lvls (same rate as owning in a good premade pvp group).... what planet did YOU get these levels on? Oh yea! Planet IMAGINATION.....

What to say?

I find your lack of rollback .. disturbing.

Sir, the odds of surviving a respawn in the republic base are approximately 3720 to 1!

You jumped the shark with the Star Wars liscence? You're braver than I thought.

She's got .. well, more valor than you can imagine!

Just because you code for an MMO does not make you intelligent.

Grand Moff NGE, I recognized your foul stench when I logged in today!

Into the garbage chute, PvP!

Barra Ware patcha yah pvp bantha poodoo! HO HO HO!

Or .. something like that. I only read about 30 pages, so my apologies if I'm reiterating

any thoughts previously expressed.

my favorite quotes of the day thanks

Fantastic.

Congratulations on officially the worst MMO launch period ever. I never thought Vanguard would get knocked off the bottom rung, but amazingly you managed it.

It's not that this debacle is incredibly earth shattering and the game is definitely still playable, but the simple facts of the matter are:

a) It took way to long to form any sort of coherent response (why wasn't Ilum just shut down till a fix was implemented?)

b) A second year programmer (let alone any developer with any pvp experience at all) could have seen this happening from a mile away.

c) People on the Public Test Server forums told you that this is exactly what would happen

d) Your response is completely inadequate

e) You are more interested in deleting posts or tickets than actually fixing problems

f) I've run out of tissues and now my salty tears are streaming down my face.

I am embarssed that I spoke out for this dev team previously - yes people make mistakes but this goes far beyond that. No consideration for the quality of your product or the experience of your subscriber base at all. Just keep raking in the cash.

You're just assuming that they simply won't grab the exploiter and roll back them. As they should, and as they said they will do.

They screwed up no one. You don't just "shut down" servers with hundreds of thousands of people in them before investigating on what's happening because "the complaints started".

As I said, you're delusional, as all the ones demanding a completely unrealistic rollback. That will never happen :rolleyes:

Heh they have not rolled back anyone for exploiting yet, At most they get hit with a seven day suspenion. Yes this includes all the people who duped credits or exploited the commendation bug (they all got to keep there millions of creds and 500k+ commendations)