The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

Master-Pappy

39. Film director, cheered when Vadar hit the screen in 78 (*hit the screen for me) - somehow the parents got my brothers and I the toys before we saw the movie and I guess I thought he was the hero.

In my opinion this game comes pretty close to making amends for the last 3 movies.

Edited by Khremlin

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 here.

I remember seeing the origanl Star Wars in a small Cinema in London back in 1975. It had good surround sound though, and was one of the few that did. That opening sequence of the massive spaceships overhead and the sound that was associated with it just blew me away. I've been a Star Wars fan ever since.

Cheers.

Wow, how did you accomplish that? Was it released 2 years earlier in the UK? :D

Edited by Dyraele

I'm a 24 year old recent Computer Science graduate helping work on a NASA funded prototype cubesat project at my university. It's basically a miniature satellite 10cm by 10cm and weighs about 1kg set to be launched around 100,000 to 120,000 feet around May...it's gonna be pretty damn awesome!

I just made the cut: 45 year old professional, married with a kid. Most of my small cohort that have played MMOs together for over 10 years are people who went to college together (and now their spouses, kids, and friends) and are in their early 40s, now scattered all over the country.

Jealous of the guy who can log in from work, would be nice to be able to send my companions on missions during the day...

Scorus

31 here (32 in April), am I too young for this thread??

I've been playing games since spectrum days, (I detest those rubber keys...)

Still got my zx81 in the loft, boxed & yes it does still work, I even got the 16k expansion!

As I work in IT as Field Engineer & I have to be nice to staff all day (even if they're idiots) I've gone Sith. Its good to be bad :cool:

51 here.

I remember seeing the origanl Star Wars in a small Cinema in London back in 1975. It had good surround sound though, and was one of the few that did. That opening sequence of the massive spaceships overhead and the sound that was associated with it just blew me away. I've been a Star Wars fan ever since.

Cheers.

Lol at being caught in a red handed lie...Star Wars was not released until 1977...nice try though!

53-year-old psychiatrist. Vividly remember the first movie, opening week, and how I felt dizzy at the first jump into hyperspace. Never seen before (can you imagine that?) and utterly unexpected. No DVD's then, not even VCR, so when I saw it 6 more times, it was at the theater, all before it left town.

Heh - I know some child psychologists who play, but this is beneath all the other psychiatrists I know.

41 yo management consultant...yeah...just came off of 6 years in CoX and playing MMOs since UO. Closet gamer for sure with the clients I work with...but from time to time I'll have a client you can just tell after a few minutes of conversation that they're a gamer lol. Like finding another member of a secret club lol.

51 here.

Cheers.

Wow, how did you accomplish that? Was it released 2 years earlier in the UK? :D

Hehe,.I thought the same thing,. forgive him though,...the mind does funny things!:rolleyes:

for my part,..

I remember having to make a hard choice, money was tight,

back when they still played movies in theaters for more than 2 weekends before they disappeared and back when they played A movie,..maybe two if lucky in the same theater.

SW has been out for quite some time by then,..

My choice was Star Wars or Grease.

I chose Grease!!!

:D

So I was stuck with the oversized SW comic until eventually I saw it on tv.

Edited by WelbyWars

Mary Kay used to say, "A woman who will tell her age will tell anything." So, let me just say, I now celebrate anniversaries of my 29th birthday, and I saw Star Wars when it was originally released in theaters. I'm a doctor, a writer, and a mom. My teen patients think it is totally cool that their doctor plays video games, AND I game WITH my kids.

When I was growing up, some of my best memories were playing Pac-Man with my dad and sisters, along with Life, Mousetrap, Monopoly....

Now I play Beatles Rock Band with my dad, sister, hubby, and kids, and the entire family plays TOR together. We still play Life, Mousetrap, and Monopoly, too.

I am proud to be A Geeky Mom and Professional.

You have to be lying, no one actually knows HOW to play Mousetrap, nor can anyone keep all the parts of the game after putting it in a closet once. It's one of the great truths of the Universe. Though, if you are a Doctor, you may have taken a course in the game during one of your advanced Biology classes; I believe Mousetrap classes comes after learning all the names of the veins in the body.

I’m a 39 yo database programmer that works for a PC company that everyone has heard of. I’m a married man with two kids (5 yo boy and 1.5 yo girl).

It’s great to have threads like this because I always imagine other players as being college aged guys playing from their dorm rooms. So it’s great to see that there are other working professionals who play as well.

My 5 yo son learned about Star Wars for the first time because of this game. He’s now hooked on Clone Wars and will be watching Episode I at the theaters when it is re-released next month in 3D. He’s only seen episodes I and II (the others are too intense for him) so to him Anakin is a completely different person than Darth Vadar. It will be interesting to see what happens when he’s old enough to see episode 5.

Not quite there, as im not quite in my 40's yet but getting there... I'm a former mmo dev, and know that we had players on some of the games i worked on in their 70's :)

These days I'm in IT, and hold my hands up to playing from the office when I can get away with it....

my son plays some of the mmo's i worked on that are still running, and my first quest of any day is the daily struggle of getting some gaming done past the missus who doesn't understand and refers to herself as the gaming widow.

Oh well, it seems i´m the oldest of the lot when i say that i´m 51 years old, and been playing computer games since comodore vic something.

On a daily basis i´m a project manager at a telephone company (yes you bet i got fast internet), and I got 3 children and 1 grandchild.

At the moment swtor rules, despite some bugs here and there the game is a breath of fresh air, and it got me hooked.

Good luck out there everyone....

45, tech support/IT for HP. Veteran of EverQuest (two weeks camping a mob for a drop, XP loss and de-leveling, 250-man raid wipes. WoW Kiddies don't know how good they got it), DAoC, Anarchy Online (these kids want to see a REALLY bad launch, look at that!), WoW, City of Heroes, and now here!

Saw Star Wars in the back seat of my folks car at a drive-in back in 1977. Ahhh, good times.

As for the durn kids on mah lawn... I got a high-pressure power washer that's juuuust perfect. Damn kids... chasin' the squirrels an' messin' up mah flowers! *shakes his cane*

This is what is so great about STAR WARS!!! We of the "older" generation grew up with the first movies and many of us have kids growing up with the current content (i.e. Clone Wars, etc).

I saw the first movie in '77 (*that's Episode 4 to all the younger folks) when it first came out and was hooked immediately. I re-stoked the Star Wars fandom when SWG and KOTOR were out and played those, along with some other SW games here and there. Then when I heard Bioware was working on an MMO I knew it was Star Wars related and got immersed in all the expanded universe stuff and introduced the Epic to my son.

I just turned 42, married +3. I work in the video game biz (so I know what Bioware is going through with the launch...) and I let my 8 year old son play here and there on a Republic Jedi -- he is not allowed to make the Dark Side choices :) Once Lego Universe ends, I may create a second account for us so we can play simultaneously, but he's got a bit a game addiction issue -- much like his old man...