The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

Master-Pappy

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Married professional, here. Turning 38 next month and constantly treading the line between feeling like a fossil and feeling like a kid. I can't begin to express how literal I'm being when I say it seems as though the last 20 years have flown by :eek: Edited by DNA_Cowboy

an over 40 guild? That would rock.. tell me the server and it's name and I'll be there in a heartbeat!

Make it over 30 please :) I am sick of the "pwn" generation. It is sad how goal in mmos, well gaming in general, became being uber leet op pwner, while actually enjoying the game fell behind.

31 years old, maybe to young for this thread, but i am old at heart :) Working as On-line Marketing and SEO professional for various US companies.

Im thinking a 30+ guild... we all grew up during the Star Wars A new hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi years so we are all sort of on the same boat.

How about this as a simple requirement for the new guild: You must have seen at least episode 4,5 or 6 in the theaters. I saw episode 4 at the theaters on a field trip in my kindergarten class! I doubt anything like that would happen today.

I'm 47, digital collections metadata coordinator in a university library.

I remember not expecting to like the dumb space movie my brothers wanted to see in 1977, but then really liking it and seeing it two more times in the theater. :)

I played WoW with my son back in 2007, then left for LotRO (which he thinks is a geriatric mmo).

Oh well, it seems i´m the oldest of the lot when i say that i´m 51 years old, and been playing computer games since comodore vic something.

On a daily basis i´m a project manager at a telephone company (yes you bet i got fast internet), and I got 3 children and 1 grandchild.

At the moment swtor rules, despite some bugs here and there the game is a breath of fresh air, and it got me hooked.

Good luck out there everyone....

Sorry, but several of us gotcha beat @ 53. :cool:

Lets just say i make the group and leave it at that. lol. Company manager who also holds up her hand to playing MMO at work.

Came over with a group of friends from LOTRO. All of us starting to fossilize but loving the gaming experience. If you're looking for all adult kin give a shout to Gwaneth or Naomi-exara on Girrada the Hutt Server. Guild name is Renegade Order/light or Renegade Disorder/dark. We have a blast and have been all playing together for over 5 years. We have teamspeak so we can chat whether we're going dark or light.

Otherwise..if you are on that server and just want to group with some funloving adults give a shout out.

Great post!!!

49, been gaming since the original side-scrolling Duke Nuk'em. Loved Command and Conquer, Tomb Raider, The Dig, Full Throttle. :D Played Galaxies for a couple of years before the "upgrade". I found out about Galaxies through a happy accident~I was staying at the same hotel where they were having a convention/LAN party. My brother who was also with me, won a life-size standup of Han Solo encased in carbonite for reciting the scroll from Empire Strikes Back from memory.

I love MMO gaming. Wish more people would use the LFG system provided before they complain about what this game is missing.

I would definitely join a guild based on membership in this thread. I have four toons, all on Drooga's Pleasure Barge. See you around the galaxy!

You have to be lying, no one actually knows HOW to play Mousetrap, nor can anyone keep all the parts of the game after putting it in a closet once. It's one of the great truths of the Universe. Though, if you are a Doctor, you may have taken a course in the game during one of your advanced Biology classes; I believe Mousetrap classes comes after learning all the names of the veins in the body.

*snork-gurgle-guffaw*

And it's always the steel balls and the boot that disappear first, damn it!

Contrary to popular opinion, one of the required courses is NOT how 'poor prescription penmanship 101'.

Bad handwriting is an entrance requirement instead.

Lol at being caught in a red handed lie...Star Wars was not released until 1977...nice try though!

Just got the year wrong. I went to wikipedia to find the date - guess what - not today. So, I tried to remember and got it wrong. I really did see it as I said.

Cheers.

It's been great to see just how many people are out there! Some people have suggested we start a guild. I have a couple of suggestions for potential guild names:

1) Galactic Geezers

2) The Older Republic

3) Corellian Codgers

4) The Bunion Brigade

5) Oldspice Smugglers

6) AARP'ers

Anyway, just some thoughts :)

+1 for The Older Republic... and I kind of like the Oldspice Smugglers. If sombody does set up a guild of older generation players, I'm in. Hell I just might try to myself. Ive never ran a guild before but hell its worth a shot. If I suck at it I can just pass the torch onto somebody that knows what they are doing. Any suggestions as to a good server to use?

Not quite 45 just yet but will be in a few months. Honestly anyone over 35 is probably experiencing this :) I first started feeling 'old' in online games when I was 35 or 36. I've been doing gaming since Pong :) Been online gaming since Tradewars originally hit and been writing and/or playing "MMO's" since I helped code some of the first DikuMUD's as well as several BattleTech MU*'s on the internet (one or two of those are still around too... scary).

That said I've met 13 year olds in games who are more mature than many of the 25+ that I know. So it all balances out. When I play I seek out characters who are acting semi-mature and can hold a decent conversation (and know what the hell they're doing in a group) I could really care less how old they are in real life as long as they're not blithering idiots who act like raving lunatics or hormone-happy freaks.

I'm also fairly used to working with younger folks since I've been working in the IT industry since the early 90's.

Edited by TaramCaldar