The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

Master-Pappy

35, architect

most of my guild mates are real life friends, working professionals, with car payments, mortgages, and children.

i'd like to think that we're just like these young whipper snappers who appear in this thread, except we can afford better toys, and higher quality alcohol.

hah right. just hit 40 myself. broadband technician, build gaming rigs as a hobby and yep married with a nine year old boy.(he just hit lvl 17 on his sith marauder) goodtimes

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tour shirts older than the vast majority of the player base. This is not a joke or exaggeration, I STILL have a tour Jersey for Megadeth from a little club from their 1983/84 tour. It's ragged, it's thread bare, dang near see through it's so thin now, and, no it doesn't fit anymore, but I still have it in a frame on my wall in my gaming room.

I predate home computers. I predate console systems. I predate CDROM games and CD's. I predate Cartridge games. I predate VHS. I dang near predate Cassettes and 8 Tracks. Most the people here won't know what an 8 track is since Wiki is down for the day, and definitely won't know why they sucked as a medium for music.

Hey, I got an 8 Track for my 16th B'day...and it was state of the art then.

38 yr old professional, business analyst for a global company. Good to know I'm not the only one that lives a split life. None of my co-workers would ever guess that I log in and play an MMO for hours on end with buddies online. ;)

49 year old Range Safety Officer for a state wildlife agency. I still catch hell at meetings for taking vacation to wait in line at Gamestop for the Burning Crusades and WOTLK. Took some for launch of SWTOR also. Old school D&D player also, I've got characters older than some of my guildies. :eek:

I love this thread - I feel some real community here, breath of fresh air from the vitriolic complaint threads.

I'm 32, a massage therapist by trade, been gaming for a looong time. Started MMOs with Dark Age of Camelot back in 2001, other major one has been City of Heroes.

I will be 45 in March and have been gaming since there were games. I am an artist and writer with a background in the game industry, but currently working in advertising. Mother of 3; I raised them all to be gamer geeks and my oldest daughter is nearly as huge a fans of comics, Star Wars and gaming as I am.

The average age of gamers continues to climb every year. Last I checked it was 33 years old. Of all the other first gen gamers I know, none of them has any plans to stop playing.

This thread IS refreshing to see, since their are so many posts by people who seem to be complaining about almost everything in the game. Glad I stopped by the "Community Thread".:)

So my GF and I are wondering if any of the the 40 somethings and above here are on Darth Zedrix and have a casual guild already. We've thought of starting our own, but joining one that is adult and relaxed would be great as well.

It's always nice to have like-minded people in a guild. We are fortunate to have a "Family Owned" guild on WOW with about two dozens other members and it works great over there.

53 year old elementary school teacher here.

Luuuuv the idea of guilds across all the servers called 'The Older Republic' ...if I don't start one, I'd ask to join at the drop of a headgear if I saw one!

Saw Star Wars in the theatre with my best friend, and we were blown away in those opening scenes with that looming Imperial ship! We went to see it 3 or 4 times again, a first for me to see anything more than once. Luke was cute, and I had a crush on that bad boy Han Solo. :D

I game instead of watching TV or playing solitare. Besides gaming, I create jewelry, put about 2K miles a year on my road bike (tried racing but realized 1) I'm slow and 2) stopping at coffee houses and eating pastries beats a racing heart and burning lungs) and do other assorted torturous things to stay in shape.

My kids (22 and 24) roll their eyes at my gaming 'addiction' first with World of Warcrack and now this. Silly kids. :rolleyes:

edit: ....and gf of CyTrek in previous post!

Edited by carbongal

Really nice thread, a healthy contrast to all the rage lately.

Just turned 32. Communications designer by trade which expanded into visual effects, motion graphics, 3D animation, web site design and programming. After working for national and international design agencies I went self-employed and haven't looked back.

I predate home computers. I predate console systems. I predate CDROM games and CD's. I predate Cartridge games. I predate VHS. I dang near predate Cassettes and 8 Tracks. Most the people here won't know what an 8 track is since Wiki is down for the day, and definitely won't know why they sucked as a medium for music.

I remember 8-tracks! Although age-wise I don't hit the 45-year mark quite yet (close but not quite). Can I still qualify? I have been through the mine-field of raising children to adult-hood (18 and 19 last year they were) and I certainly feel older some days lol. Professionally I'm a freelance graphic artist.

Rummaged around and found some old Imperial and Republic photos (not my work btw):

http://www.retronaut.co/2010/11/star-wars-time-crashes/

How about this as a simple requirement for the new guild: You must have seen at least episode 4,5 or 6 in the theaters. I saw episode 4 at the theaters on a field trip in my kindergarten class! I doubt anything like that would happen today.

NOOOO! My parents never took me to movies I wanted to see as a kid. I wanted to go and I remember all the other kids talking about it. I thought I was lucky when I got to see ET! lol

and I hope the guild will be called The Older Republic. It works lol.

Hi everyone.I am 30 and soon to be married.I have a masters degree in mechanical engineering and work for a construction company(installing energy plants etc)

I read each and every message in this thread and it is great to know there are people out there like me.I would love to join your guild if you establish one.Older republic sounds awesome by the way.Sorry for my English as I am Turkish.Take care.

Greetings. 48 here...Forced retirement (Doctors Orders) but I have 13 years in the photo field, 8 years in IT, 1 year in Call Center Tier II operations, under my belt. Plus a multitude of other jobs tucked in here and there.

I was there when Star Wars was just called Star Wars and not "Star Wars: A new hope" yes Han shot first.

I remember when...

Computers were programmed with punch cards and punched paper tape.

There was no internet but a bunch of BBS's where you had to call in to connect to someone elses PC to play a Text base Roleplay game.

Service stations actually gave you service, oil and tire pressure check, clean the windshild and all.

There were no helmets, knee pads or Soccor moms telling you to stop riding your big wheel down the hill, up a ramp and into the lake.

and many other crazy things...

Sorry I do tend to ramble on at my OLD age....anyway I enjoy playing with the younger crowds some of them actually act like real adults at times....

Too those of you I meet have fun...Life is a Journey!!!

May the Schwarz be with YOUUUUUUuuuuUUUUUu........."what a world, what a world, what a world"

Early forties here and am as high as one can get in Educational Administration. I often bring my laptop to work and log on to play after hours when I am waiting for committee and board meetings to start.

No one around here has a clue that this is my hobby.

I feel so young ^^ most of you guys have been on this planet twice as long as me ;O

Got any tips? :D

Early forties here and am as high as one can get...

:o!

in Educational Administration..

Oh... QQ Thought you were going to go on saying something else there for a moment ;P

Edited by Goshee