Unbelievable

c_hitchens

As an MMO veteran who has played since the time of Everquest (and most of the blockbuster titles up to this point), never have I seen a more dismal and horrible launch of an MMO than this game.

There are so many things wrong with it that I don't even know where to begin. (UI, Op/Scoundrel, Trooper/BH, Biochemistry, pvp balance, ability lag, lag in general, bugs and bugs and bugs, no viable pve endgame, horrible trade skills excluding biochemistry...the list goes on). This isn't 1999, this is 2012. You can't deliver an unplayable and unfinished product and expect people to pay for it.

Today, I opened up Xfire, and on the first page alone there were SIX mmo's, all free to play, advertised. Count them, thats six. There are hundreds available to the market. You can't deliver a product not up to par and expect people to pay for it.

I don't envy the turmoil probably occuring at Bioware right now, but I am thinking this is the next Warhammer. I am hoping it is not.....

I am unsubbing and I hope you guys get things fixed so I can return in several months.

Peace,

Disillusioned KOTOR/Star Wars/MMO lover.....

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Or WoW at launch.

Or STO at launch.

Or Warhammer at launch.

You see where I'm going with this.

This game is far worse than WoW at launch you obviously weren't there.

For one thing WoW had a working UI on launch. It's now 7 years later and Bioware can't even get that right!?

The mobs in WoW wandered around and talked to eachother, the mobs in this game stand their lifelessly waiting for you to kill them. WoW had live mounts at launch, Bioware has cited "technical difficulties" in bringing live mounts into this game. WoW had swimming, day/night cycles, sitting and lying down, critters that went around and actually attacked eachother, a combat log, secondary professions, and a TON more little details ON LAUNCH.

There's a real good reason you can login to this game and not WoW at launch...

Edited by Taurusaud

Or WoW at launch.

Or STO at launch.

Or Warhammer at launch.

STO and Warhammer I will give you.

Although I have not even looked at WoW since 2009 (so, no, I am not a WoW fan), I was there at launch. Yeah, it had issues, but it was also a solid game for 2004.

SWTOR is a solid game too . . . for 2004. Unfortunately, someone forgot to tell EA to switch the calendar to 2011-2012.

Do I enjoy SWTOR? Yeah, but I am easy to please. I've played DC Universe Online since its launch, for crying out loud. But that doesn't diminish the obvious 2004 design this game has.

Edited by Jumajin

^ Stated by someone who never played WoW at launch.

Servers were pulled OFFLINE for days to fix instability and server breaking bugs. Good try though.

Edited by Sykologist

I was there, and this launch was 100 times better. I actually got to play! WoW had me standing in one place for over an hour before the servers went down in flames for 3 days.

What were you saying again about WoW launch?

I did see those games at launch....

The MMO market is a consumer's market now. It is no longer a developers market. If you don't deliver a product that has everything in it like your competition, AT LAUNCH, as Warhammer showed and I believe, sadly, this game will show....you will fail and become another niche mmo.

I am disillusioned with this game. I was soooo looking forward to it. However, I can't and won't pay for an unfinished product. The fact it was delivered in the state it is in (in it's defense the story telling, voice overs and plotlines are nothing short of brilliant) shows a complete and arrogant disregard for the consumer. They did some revolutionary things but they missed the basics....somehow.

I won't fund another open beta....did that with Warhammer.

STO and Warhammer I will give you.

Although I have not even looked at WoW since 2009 (so, no, I am not a WoW fan), I was there at launch. Yeah, it had issues, but it was also a solid game for 2004.

SWTOR is a solid game too . . . for 2004. Unfortunately, someone forgot to tell EA to switch the calendar to 2011-2012.

Do I enjoy SWTOR? Yeah, but I am easy to please. I've played DC Universe Online since its launch, for crying out loud. But that doesn't diminish the obvious 2004 design this game has.

WoW's launch had a lot of unintended downtime - are you sure you were there?

I couldn't log on to WoW at launch. In couldn't get into TBC at launch either come to think actually. When I could their was horrible loot lag. I can sure as **** get on swtor though..

Or WoW at launch.

Or STO at launch.

Or Warhammer at launch.

^

All games have issues, however non of them have had the hype or $$$ as SWTOR.

Comparing WoW's launch in 2004 to SWTOR in late late late (get it out for xmas late) 2011 is laughable.

I was there, and this launch was 100 times better. I actually got to play! WoW had me standing in one place for over an hour before the servers went down in flames for 3 days.

What were you saying again about WoW launch?

Are you kidding me? This game is hardly on par with WoW 2004.

For one thing WoW had a working UI on launch. It's now 7 years later and Bioware can't even get that right!?

The mobs in WoW wandered around and talked to eachother, the mobs in this game stand their lifelessly waiting for you to kill them. WoW had live mounts at launch, Bioware has cited "technical difficulties" in bringing live mounts into this game. WoW had swimming, day/night cycles, sitting and lying down, critters that went around and actually attacked eachother, a combat log, secondary professions, and a TON more little details ON LAUNCH.

There's a real good reason you can login to this game and not WoW at launch...

^ Stated by someone who never played WoW at launch.

Servers were pulled OFFLINE for days to fix instability and server breaking bugs. Good try though.

swtor is far worse than wow. The whole game is ridden with bugs and broken stuff that even going a week offline cannot fix.