Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

So far what i've noticed is:

Black Vulkars (PvP Server)

*We now ROLL the imps in War zone pvp (first time I've seen a 600-0 Rep-Imp score on Alderaan, vs full geared players all level 50, just today)

*They are all on Ilum abusing the (new) broken system that actually worked better yesterday where most imperials allowed republics to actually do their dailies.

Not sure how you managed to make it worse, Bioware. I've defended your classes, your pvp, your pve and all your decisions with my money. I've been labeled a fan boy for you and you just pissed in my cheerios this morning.

Edited by asilos

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're killing turrets on Sith Wyrm and there is literally no valor to be gained from them.

I'm confused as to what everyone is frothing over.

I was just able to get into Ilum (after being chased 1 hr ago by 5 Imps at the Republic's spawn point) and I agree with this post: I am not getting any valor for killing Imp turrets on the Fa'athra server. Someone needs to take a deep breath and cogently explain to us what exactly is happening.

To me there seems to be two issues: 1) Imp guilds hoarding the Republic spawn points (which is what all these pictures and videos represent and which clearly is a problem), and, 2) Turret valor points. The only valor I am seeing is for killing other players.

Have to agree with the masses. Many customers spent many hours in warzones grinding valor and that time and dedication to this game should not be made lite of. Spawn camping discourages PvP and will ultimatly lead to a dead zone. Roll back and removal of the feature is a solid recommendation that should be considered sooner rather than later.

You also may want to consider a new player core testing group if you have one or getting one if you dont.

Edited by Cythis

So what other issues does BioWare like to ignore until it reaches live and people go ballistic over before the team decides to address it as "potential issues", hmm?

Like Blizzard puts out patches in WoW any better.

Anyone heard of LFR?

There are so many problems with LFR, but the biggest one was an exploit achieved by the top raiding guild in the world. Blizzards only option was to ban the offenders.

Jeez, even if these expliots are made public or not in PTR, and they do make it to live...do you really think that after millions of people exlpoit it, that it will continue?

Wake up.

I have just one thing to say to the guy who thought up this illum...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

YOU SIR, are teh SUCK

ps. srsly that guy is very clueless plx replace him with a rubber duck right NOW

omg - ROFL ...I just pissed myself

What is there to say? Not to be rude but the changes to Illum are idiotic. People can't even RESPAWN and LEAVE THE ZONE on some servers (Republic) and are forced to log out.. Seriously, how can you call these issues "potential"... Does Bioware have eyes and ears?

This is a joke. A huge joke..

I like how you call it a "potential issue".

Old Illum weekly was 3 times the daily (like it is for warzones), now it is 5 times the daily. so that leaves a choice 150 of the collectables OR 150 enemy faction kills. The collectables are on a riduclus respawn timer for the amount of people farming them, and the under populated faction sits in their base with the turrets protecting them. It took me 2hrs to get enough canister/ kills for the daily. I do not plan on spending 10 hrs trying to get my weekly done. Also lv50 Warzone ques suck. 30+mins when I am used to ~5

The Ilum turrets do not give valor.

We've been doing it for about 45 minutes on the Sith Wyrm server. There are no rewards to be had, and this has been an incredible troll by whoever started this rumor.

May have been hotfixed in the last hour ?

Edited by Flaashheart

Before I get my hopes up, is a rollback possible or indeed with precedent? Have other mmo's in recent time done this when a gamebreaker came with a patch?

Yes, WoW and WAR did that regularly...which speaks volumes of how they went around their game design...and they usually did it within a couple of hours.

I cant belive Ive defended you guys in game for weeks telling ppl that it will get better and the buggs will gradually get polished away. I guess the jokes on me. How you could let this slip baffles me.

as for the "potential" issues, Im sure atleast one of you have your own character... log in, fly to Ilum and see for your self. If you cant find the problem go look for a new line of work.

This shouldnt be a hard fix for you guys. Roll back the valor gained since the patch, resett the game back to the way it was before the patch and start working on fixing the issues you allready have before you add new ones.

Seriously BW, if u don't fix this NOW! I will not play anymore, having a 5 FPS at Illum. is unacceptable, where ever i am i atleast have around 50+ FPS...but now...illum is a no go area for me. Wich also means, no daily and weekly for me. So fix this now, or lose another player!

your call!

PLEASE GIVE ALTERNATE SPAWN LOCATIONS TO ALLOW THOSE OF US WHO ENJOY ZERG BUSTING TO GET ON WITH IT.

Only 2 are really necessary, one can be a "hot spawn" with a small safe zone. The other should be unassailable by enemy forces.

Both spawns should have multiple exit points.

Let us spread out the zerg a little bit, I can already feel epic battles in the making.

Just cancelled my sub. This game already has so many imbalances for sith compared to republic(turrest in alderan, population 4:1 on my server, instant abilities on sith compared to travel time/delayed abilities). This was the last straw, I'm tired of getting farmed in Ilum by 80+ sith when we have 20 in the zone max.

Agreed. Bioware prefers the Empire and Ilum going live just proves that they don't give a rats behind what the Republic experience is like in any freaking way, shape, or form.

I am not really sure Bioware fully grasps the magnitude of the issue here.

So who will I see on the Empire side this evening when I start my reroll process? By the time these guys fix the "exploit" (and by "exploit" I really mean "glaring oversight") I should be 50 and battlemaster all over again.