Bad form in Alderaan cantina

SweetOldBob

So in the future, anyone on Wound in the Force be aware: After Tatooine, none of your main bases, starports, or cantinas are safe. If they can be occupied, they will be at some point.

Tatooine bases can certainly be occupied...I'm logged out in an Imperial rest zone myself (There are gonna be some maaaad lowbies after I get off work :))

The base security varies pretty heavily world to world.

Edited by Pulpp

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be a troll as well. I'm a level 50 rep. and strictly out of revenge I'll take time to slow the over populated imperial questers down. I get into the Imps main cantina on Tatooine often. I prefer to do my companion quests, get those out of the way before I...

PvP.

If you changed your attitude and found like 3 other people to attack him you could: take him down, feel good, and save yourself the time it took to post it all here...

The Imperials seem to like it, because they get to fight a level 50 and group together to succeed (which rarely happens but it does) and it shows Imps on Black Vulkars that we don't just roll over and take it.

Edited by asilos

Tatooine bases can certainly be occupied...I'm logged out in an Imperial rest zone myself (There are gonna be some maaaad lowbies after I get off work :))

The base security varies pretty heavily world to world.

Main bases, like Mos Ila and Anchorhead are both protected by the Exhaustion Zone. The other bases I don't consider "main." Starport camping is fairly interesting, in that the 50s that zone in to get rid of you have to die at least once if you have an overwhelming force before they can mount a decent group. And by then you already know their numbers and strength, so you will always have a surprise advantage against them.

I miss DAoC style RvR ... <Player was just killed by Player> spam was the BIGGEST reason to RvR.

In reality, we must always ask ourseleves if we SHOULD do something. Because you CAN isn't a good reason.

It's a pvp server. Of course we CAN and we SHOULD. That is the whole point of having contested areas. It is not just for higher levels ganking lower levels, but for same levels fighting each other too. You have to watch your back and stay on your toes. If you get owned, you call in your guild mates or others in the area and fight back. Spontaneous pvp is so much more fun than warzones/Ilum.

Putting some kind of moral judgement on whether it is okay or not to kill a lowbie is ludicrious, specially when there are servers that cater to people who don't want that experience to begin with. If you don't want to die while leveling to another player, role on a PvE server - it is that simple.

it would be neat if a bounty was added to a player who ganks. something like 1000 credits per level difference over 5 levels. 50 kills a 30...instant 15k bounty on that player. Edited by Ogulas

This afternoon I was winding down in the cantina in House Organa's area on Anderaan -- sending my crew off on tasks before I logged off -- when I was slaughtered by a level 50 troll.

That is so asinine! It's bad enough -- really, really bad -- for a level 50 player to gobble up level 30 opponents in single combat, but to hang out in a cantina?

I'm new to MMO. So far, I've really enjoyed the PvP stuff, but if this sort of thing happens much more, I'm switching to a PvE server.

"I got killed on a pvp server! WAH!"

it would be neat if a bounty was added to a player who ganks. something like 1000 credits per level difference over 5 levels. 50 kills a 30...instant 15k bounty on that player.

Excellent suggestion, sounds like fun to me. But then, I'm all about the credits.

Edited by Bamajawn

Excellent suggestion, sounds like fun to me. But then, I'm all about the credits.

Yeah that sounds like some good content actually, I mean think about it.. The folks who are out ganking lowbies are itching for pvp obviously, and wouldn't mind being hunted. Just add missions you can pick up with the persons name as the target and how much they are worth, on a bounty mission terminal on the fleet and in towns.

There is no honor or skill in killing an opponent much lower in level than you. Those that do it should see a lot of negative things happening to them. A lost of status, increase to prices at the various vendors, if they continue loss of galatic market priviliges. Don't give me that crap about "hey this is a pvp server", of course it is and there is nothing wrong with PVP but slaughter of lower levels? There is no skill in that and only lazy cowards do it.

Sanction those that kill lower levels.

This is comming from a 100% pure Carebear

<--- Care Bear and proud of it

If you're looking for "structrued PVP" you're on the wrong server.

It's a big misconception that you can't PVP on PVE servers, you can just fine. There are plenty of batleground PVP matches and open world PVP in designated zones (IE: PVP in a structured manor).

Seriously... if you're looking for Freedom and Democracy don't emigrate to Communist China.

If you're looking for "honor and dignity" in your battles against other players, don't emigrate to a PvP server.

Edited by Jerid

This afternoon I was winding down in the cantina in House Organa's area on Anderaan -- sending my crew off on tasks before I logged off -- when I was slaughtered by a level 50 troll.

That is so asinine! It's bad enough -- really, really bad -- for a level 50 player to gobble up level 30 opponents in single combat, but to hang out in a cantina?

I'm new to MMO. So far, I've really enjoyed the PvP stuff, but if this sort of thing happens much more, I'm switching to a PvE server.

PvP'd on a PvP server. Shocking!

It's a pvp server. Of course we CAN and we SHOULD. That is the whole point of having contested areas. It is not just for higher levels ganking lower levels, but for same levels fighting each other too. You have to watch your back and stay on your toes. If you get owned, you call in your guild mates or others in the area and fight back. Spontaneous pvp is so much more fun than warzones/Ilum.

Putting some kind of moral judgement on whether it is okay or not to kill a lowbie is ludicrious, specially when there are servers that cater to people who don't want that experience to begin with. If you don't want to die while leveling to another player, role on a PvE server - it is that simple.

Except that it's a GAME. Others are not here for your enjoyment, they're here for THEIR enjoyment. That means being able to COMPETE. If there's no chance for them to do so, then all you're doing is discouraging people from even trying, and that kills PvP dead.

Look at STO, as I said before. Low level PvP was so unbalanced that there's no one left around to do the high level stuff, meaning there's no PvP.

The best way to play the game is with a bit of common courtesy (which is depressingly uncommon) and a fair share of SPORTSMANSHIP.

I'd have NO issue with attacking someone in a PvP zone if he's MY LEVEL (or thereabouts), and I wouldn't complain if it happened to me. I also wouldn't complain if a team of lowbies got together to try to take me on, 4 against 1. All that matters is that there's the possibility for victory AND the possibility of defeat. THAT is what makes it fun. When you can't lose, there's no challenge and therefore no fun.

Now, I know some will say there is, but I'd suggest you examine that more closely. If you're getting your jollies by ruining someone else's fun, you might want to reconsider what you're doing.

Edited by Vego_Mohenjo

The attacker takes that risk of loss by attempting to get into the town and cantina.

There are two other options for logging out in a rest zone - your ship and your fleet. You'll note that when you log out in those places, you do NOT have a 'you are in an unsafe area' timer. In cantinas, you do have that timer. It's there for pvp reasons - it's warning you that getting ganked is possible.

Edited by Kaliren

it would be neat if a bounty was added to a player who ganks. something like 1000 credits per level difference over 5 levels. 50 kills a 30...instant 15k bounty on that player.

How would that even work? Makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever.

If BW implemented that, they would instantly devalue credits to worthlessness. Your faith in the spirit of man, is very out of whack.

This is how that situation would unfold.....

1. BW implements bounty

2. Every one makes a level 1 alt

3. have your buddies kill you

4. Profit

To everyone else out there supporting this idea, think about stuff, at least momentarily, before going "hell yeah!!!! do that!!!".

Edited by Reryn

Except that it's a GAME. Others are not here for your enjoyment, they're here for THEIR enjoyment.

Actually it's a multiplayer game and we are all there for each other's enjoyment. Try applying your false logic to other multiplayer games to see how ridiculous your statement is. How about something simple, like monopoly, now imagine trying to play that game where you only charged rent when the tables where even. Silly huh. It's PvP on a PvP server. If you can't handle a gank on a PVP server, seriously, grow the hell up. Enough with all this "me me me mentality".

I'd have NO issue with attacking someone in a PvP zone if he's MY LEVEL (or thereabouts), and I wouldn't complain if it happened to me. I also wouldn't complain if a team of lowbies got together to try to take me on, 4 against 1. All that matters is that there's the possibility for victory AND the possibility of defeat. THAT is what makes it fun. When you can't lose, there's no challenge and therefore no fun.

Now, I know some will say there is, but I'd suggest you examine that more closely. If you're getting your jollies by ruining someone else's fun, you might want to reconsider what you're doing.

A team of lowbies trying to take down a 50? Would take a whole lot more then 4, a 50 can literally wipe out handfuls of lowbies at a time in this game.

Also IT'S A PVP SERVER<<<<<<< read..... now grow up and move on. You lose absolutely nothing by getting killed, except maybe some pride. If you seem to think everyone should play fair and keep it even. PvE is the place you oughta be.

There is no honor or skill in killing an opponent much lower in level than you. Those that do it should see a lot of negative things happening to them. A lost of status, increase to prices at the various vendors, if they continue loss of galatic market priviliges. Don't give me that crap about "hey this is a pvp server", of course it is and there is nothing wrong with PVP but slaughter of lower levels? There is no skill in that and only lazy cowards do it.

Sanction those that kill lower levels.

So ..... what if a few lower levels decide attack (or annoy with ie mobtagging or w/e) the lvl 50 ? He can't do anything since he will be the one punished than ?

Why try to fix something that is not broken to begin with , don't like getting ganked ? roll on a pve server , the solution is allready in the game.

Edited by Bubalous

As was said in earlier in the thread,,,Red is dead.

However i dont know why a higher lvl would go to lower lvl areas and PvP aside from being just a jerk that couldnt hack it in his or her own brackets.

I was lvling to 50 very fast and in many zones there would be at best 12 to 25 ppl as Republic i had my first PvP on Tattoine a lvl 32 Jugg and his sidekick were causing havoc near the cave entrance near the southern base,yah he killed a few of us but we mobilized and beat him to the point he just sat on top of the sand dune looking down and later left.

Alderann was fun,Republic players would report movements of the Imperial scum myself and a gunslinger were in the same area and grouped up because some Imps we knew were close,the fights happened we won and the gunslinger stated that was his first ever kill in a PvP game he was very excited.

Quesh is where it got nasty for me,i really had to be on my toes and stealthed often too when moving in certain areas but that did not stop Imps from catching me off guard every now and then.

Your engaged with NPC's and whammo all of a sudden a PC starts hitting you too,happened to me and i did it to them,all is fair in love and war and not once did i think the guy was a jerk or anything because it is a unwritten rule you kill the guy then leave and go on to what you were doing.

Spawn camping and intentional hanging around killing is a no no in my book and i will take names of those people and others will too im sure.

To the OP you got killed by a higher lvl that most likely has been spanked many times in his own bracket and was frustrated and mad so in his feeble attempt at closure showed up where you were and killed you,feel sorry for him that he has to go to such lengths and let this be a lesson to you to that no you are not safe on PvP servers,you signed up for it and there is no rules.

FYI this game has the most care bear PvP servers of ANY MMO in history -not a MMO historian nor have I played on every PvP server ever made.

I actually believe that the best thing for PvP is to have no safe zones outside of the starter planet and main faction hub.

Some quests hubs should have guards, these guards can see through stealth, immune to CC and whatever else but much less than now!

With all the WaR developers why did they not do what WaR had?

OR

Your toon scales down in stats -like bolster in WZ but the other way round.

If you are 50 and go to Voss, you drop to 48 or 47 in stats!

I guess you sucked at PvP then...

So... if someone is able to fight someone of their level who knows that a fight is about to happen, they're not as good as someone who has to gank lowbies then run when a real fight starts? That makes perfect sense...

How would that even work? Makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever.

If BW implemented that, they would instantly devalue credits to worthlessness. Your faith in the spirit of man, is very out of whack.

This is how that situation would unfold.....

1. BW implements bounty

2. Every one makes a level 1 alt

3. have your buddies kill you

4. Profit

To everyone else out there supporting this idea, think about stuff, at least momentarily, before going "hell yeah!!!! do that!!!".

Credits come out of the player's coffers. They incur "debt" if they overrun the amount they possess, and must earn credits in excess of that to be able to spend any again. Game takes a "tax" off the bounty and adds interest to the debt over time, both with relatively small percentages, as a way of bleeding more credits out of the economy. Have perhaps a 4 level or so range before the mechanic kicks in, thus, if players are reasonably close in level they're still assumed to be able to have a fair fight. Once it's passed that, the bounty/warrant system kicks in.

Solved.

Edited by Inarai

Killing someone several levels lower than you unprovoked isn't PvP, it's griefing.

I've never personally felt any reason to do it, always left opposite faction players alone, even if they're my own level.

And I'm on a PvP server, strangely enough I've never felt that I had to PvP for just that reason alone <.<

actually I find it to be fun and wonderful...

This has got to be a joke. I've played about 150 levels in this game and I still haven't run out of fingers (my own that is) when counting my world pvp encounters.

There is close to zero world pvp.

I wish things like this would happend all the time. To me, to you and to the little care bears who picked the wrong server.

Excuse me!

I am a Darth. I wander the Galaxy causing mayhem and destruction, sowing the seeds of deceit, and most importantly, murdering PC Republics.

I scooter along on my merry darth way and see some weak as bees Pub character scootering towards me. He doesn't give me no respect. He has the nerve. THE NERVE to scooter THROUGH ME. I am going to murder him.

I am going to murder him until he learns that when you see an incredibly powerful being with absolute mastery of the darkside and power over life and death, that you take your scooter for some off roading, you get out of my way, you leave your little area and hide and shake and pee your pants.

Low levels should run in fear of my wanton destruction until they have the power to challenge me.

^^^^ this for sure.

And if your are a republic I am sure it would go something like this:

"I am a Jedi knight, a force for good in the universe, when I see an evil sith cross my path I end his foul existence." etc.

Don't play on a pvp server if you don't want to pvp. Pretty simple.