SW:TOR - AMD/ATI & *Nvidia Increased Graphics Quality Tweak - This looks MUCH better

quickshotxx

Hello, this sounds great! Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it works for me. I did everything as you described in the video, I also tweaked AA to 8x and AF to 16x (had put AA to 8x via the config before anyway).

I didn't notice more shiny stuff until now, the Republic Fleet floor has only a barely visible reflection. Also, the grass seems to have a line in the not so far distance where it becomes less detailed, I guess that is what you can tweak with the LOD value? Or is it supposed to look like this when the setting is applied correctly?

http://imageshack.us/f/689/swtorlod25.png/

Also, does the shadow quality setting play a role in this? I can't really set it to high, because blaster bolts, quest icons above NPC heads and instance doors won't be displayed then...

You have to link it to the swtor\retailclient\swtor.exe, right?

Edited by SeIek

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/N19h7m4r3/569197b8.png

for NVidia, just download the program you see at the top of the screen, its like 300 k/b

hmm, i downloaded 1.9.5.9 and I don't get a screen like yours?

where do you make a configuration like that?

edit: nm found it a few pages in up the thread :)

Edited by notebene

I have found that if I try to have windows explorer running in the background (for music, I cannot stand sitting in this game in silence) the game takes a decent FPS hit. This is very dissapointing, as TOR is pretty lacking in the music department.

That's logical (sort of). It's just: Nowadays they seem to need more 3D power to view a simple web page (or similar things), than to render a game like swtor. And just because they want to make every text extra blurry (so called "clear type") and render a few milliseconds faster. Well - at least for me, at this time - the positive results of hardware rendering in browsers, simply don't overweight the negative effects like higher power consumption and more fan noise.

Edited by BoMbY

Did this today on my GTX 570. Works great! Thanks OP.

I have a GTX 570 too, but the Nividia Inspector 1.9.5.9 version I downloaded does npt have Texture Filtering LOD Bias as a field. In fact all, the values in the "Seeting Value" field for all the other fields look very different in this version of Inspector compared to the screenshot of v 1.9.5.5 posted earlier in this thread.

Anyone out there using v. 1.9.5.9 on their GTX 570?

I have a GTX 570 too, but the Nividia Inspector 1.9.5.9 version I downloaded does npt have Texture Filtering LOD Bias as a field. In fact all, the values in the "Seeting Value" field for all the other fields look very different in this version of Inspector compared to the screenshot of v 1.9.5.5 posted earlier in this thread.

Anyone out there using v. 1.9.5.9 on their GTX 570?

Someone posted later. Click on the little wrench icon and you'll get the screen. Then you can pick the SWTOR application up top, and then 'make like picture'.

I just want to know how I can turn it off, now that I've 'tried' it just to see if it makes that big of a difference. In my case, it actually didn't. Looks about the same, I was already doing a small AA tweak in the client settings ini for the game, and that seemed to be sufficient for me.

But now I want to undo this change, and don't know how :(

Very good. Was running everything high, but this made ALL of my textures (even armor, metal, walls, weapons) go through the roof. Simply turned Anti Aliasing to 4x and tripled buffering, then followed the instructions on the video and BOOM - The game feels like its actually been made in 2010/2011 now.

Not diggin' on the shiny walls, makes them look worse. I think I'd like to try my old settings, which were fine, but how do I get these inspector gadget things turned completely off?

How does it apply these application profiles it's using (since I never installed it) and how do I get them out?

edit: nm got it. gotta click on the little nvidia restore button at the top on the profile and that reverts it back to before the changes, cool beans.

yeah, not so much for me, i didn't care for that. but, i see it's working for some people and appreciate the hard work, thank you.

AntiAliasingLevel = 16 in my "client_settings.ini" is all I need for now. After that, I'd be happy if they just fixed the 'flashy tree' issue in dialogs (that the introduced in 1.0.2) and I'm back in business. :)

Edited by notebene

I had installed RadeonPro before reading this thread but you really helped me tweak things.

The game looks amazing. Other than the FPS dropping to 39 on the Fleet (no big deal to me) I see no drawbacks.

I do look forward to testing this in space.

Ok so I installed the app and did the tweaks for my gtx 580 - and WOW very noticable! Even on the character load screen - I popped into the fleet and it was oso crisp, the floors reflecting light from the ceiling etc...awesome stuff! Now let's hope Bioware ADDS to this and does not see this as a fix :)

Bioware sent me a warning for this topic lol, apparently im hurting there community with this??? OW nm it was because I was rude to one of the guys who couldnt get it working..... had me thinking bioware didnt want you doing this lolz, I was about to be like "THIS IS THE LINE!" Edited by quickshotxx

This is GREAT! Shadows actually look like Shadows now!

I'd like to know why Bioware left it up to the players to find a solution to this issue?

There never going to recommend a third party tool. It would just cause so many issues with the people who cant get it working right. within 1min of posting it they would have 10 replys saying it broke there game. The average person will try anything even if they have no clue what it is, people are, well st*p*d lol. Plus people would assume bioware would give them support for the tool and it would just cause confusion.

its scary but do you have any idea how many people dont even know about graphics options, roughly what they do, or how they effect performance. I always get a :eek: when im trying to help some random in trade chat who says there game lags. I ask something simple like what resolution are you running or what are so and so settings set at, and they reply 'where can I see that'. This is why we cant have nice things.

Edited by quickshotxx

Doesn't work for me, every time I open the game, either from the icon or though Radeon Pro it doesn't work. Pro does give me the "No" Sign in my task bar.

I was running x4 AA from CCC and it worked fine, not sure what I am doing wrong here. I have got Radeon Pro set to find swtor.exe and set Launcher to - Custom - Launcher.exe

Doesn't work for me, every time I open the game, either from the icon or though Radeon Pro it doesn't work. Pro does give me the "No" Sign in my task bar.

I was running x4 AA from CCC and it worked fine, not sure what I am doing wrong here. I have got Radeon Pro set to find swtor.exe and set Launcher to - Custom - Launcher.exe

Where in my instructions did I ever state to open the game through radeon pro lol. Just have it in the background and a profile set.

Edited by quickshotxx