SW:TOR - AMD/ATI & *Nvidia Increased Graphics Quality Tweak - This looks MUCH better

quickshotxx

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW what a difference !!

Looks so much better and shiny , this is also going to sound real silly but with the added detail it seems to have actually increased my FPS and smooth running of the game aswell so much more in the imperial Fleet, and im playing with eyefinity triple screen also.

Only downside is the increased jagged edges , but overall Very happy ! :D

WOW what a difference !!

Looks so much better and shiny , this is also going to sound real silly but with the added detail it seems to have actually increased my FPS and smooth running of the game aswell so much more in the imperial Fleet, and im playing with eyefinity triple screen also.

Only downside is the increased jagged edges , but overall Very happy ! :D

Actually at times I have noticed that having MSAA enabled has INCREASED my performance, crazy? Well my thought is since this game does not use my crossfire well and it scales it to crap. perhaps forcing MSAA is 'allowing' more of my gpu to be used instead of being idle. it sounds crazy but I do remember saying "why is my framerate higher then before" after tweaking a few times.

Are you running sli or crossfire or a single card? If its a single card forget everything I just said :p

Edited by quickshotxx

Bioware,

You ashamed yet on how your paying customers have to resort to 3rd party programs in order to enhance our playing experience? When obviously you couldve done it from your side which makes life better for everyone.

Sincerely,

A customer

Bioware,

You ashamed yet on how your paying customers have to resort to 3rd party programs in order to enhance our playing experience? When obviously you couldve done it from your side which makes life better for everyone.

Sincerely,

A customer

ooooo harsh :i_tongue:

Edited by quickshotxx

i have tried everything to get this game running without crazy erratic fps gain and lose over a matter of seconds and it never stable.

i run a a gts 450 oc and no issues with other games i have played . i even poped in a gtx550 ti, and nothing changed.

running

Asus M5A97 PRO AMD 970

G.Skill RipJaw 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C9

Amd Phenom ll x4 965 BE 125w

500 psu

i like the game but find it so good damn anoying having to play like this .

i have 2 accounts for swtor, was hoping this game would pull me away from 6 years of playing wow.

really hope that they sort out the many preformance issue that i have come across on these forums and there seems to be a incredable amount of it.

i would had expected a new realise such as this to put dx11 into better use ,as mentioned in other post the high res textures none existant /or not propably implented.

did Bioware even get into talks with the 2 major graphic card manufactures ,to maybe get driver updates in place for this game.

would i end my sub for my 2 accounts over this ? . i would have to give bioware a chance and address these issues players are experiencing.

How long ? until Titan is realised :D.

Edited by McDizzyGoldfish

i have tried everything to get this game running without crazy erratic fps gain and lose over a matter of seconds and it never stable.

i run a a gts 450 oc and no issues with other games i have played . i even poped in a gtx550 ti, and nothing changed.

running

Asus M5A97 PRO AMD 970

G.Skill RipJaw 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C9

Amd Phenom ll x4 965 BE 125w

500 psu

i like the game but find it so good damn anoying having to play like this .

i have 2 accounts for swtor, was hoping this game would pull me away from 6 years of playing wow.

really hope that they sort out the many preformance issue that i have come across on these forums and there seems to be a incredable amount of it.

i would had expected a new realise such as this to put dx11 into better use ,as mentioned in other post the high res textures none existant /or not propably implented.

did Bioware even get into talks with the 2 major graphic card manufactures ,to maybe get driver updates in place for this game.

would i end my sub for my 2 accounts over this ? . i would have to give bioware a chance and address these issues players are experiencing.

How long ? until Titan is realised :D.

titan is a long ways off. look forward to planetside 2, firefall, guild wars 2, and diablo 3

I followed exactly what was in that screen shot and its confirmed on my computer;

I7 2600

560ti

16gb ram

Asus mobo

I had improved distanced trees and grass. Roommate even said it looked better.

Of course watch heat and usage, and when the patch comes be wary of the forced settings

I followed exactly what was in that screen shot and its confirmed on my computer;

I7 2600

560ti

16gb ram

Asus mobo

I had improved distanced trees and grass. Roommate even said it looked better.

Of course watch heat and usage, and when the patch comes be wary of the forced settings

Patches shouldnt be a issue. Editing lods can be done in any game and should never cause a conflict

Edited by quickshotxx

I just downloaded the nvidia inspector, and there is no SWTOR profile for me. My video card is a geforce gtx 260. not sure if it's my card or the software or something else. can i create a swtor profile?

i mean, i search it and see pretty much every other star wars game under the sun, but definitely no swtor. :/

do any of you guys have the following line in your client_settings.ini file:

MeshLODQuality = 0

if not, i believe this is essentially doing the same thing without 3rd party software.

i've noticed that if i change that value to 1 or 2, the quality of the ground gets worse. 0 is the high quality setting, FYI.

edit:

also, if you don't have it; add this in:

TextureQuality = 0

Edited by TitanJJ

playing on an LED flat monitor also helps.

If you have a CRT monitor of any kind, from any period in history then your game will forever look bad.

CRT Still has the some of the best color depth and blackest blacks if you can even find an hd one still in production. The problem with the tech was heat and size of the Cathode Ray Tube.

Edited by Psytic

playing on an LED flat monitor also helps.

If you have a CRT monitor of any kind, from any period in history then your game will forever look bad.

A crt monitor image wise will beat out ANY 300$ plus lcd monitor. CRT color depth and quality wise (and basic response time) DESTROYS lcds. Only the top of the top lines lcds can keep up with them. goto a hock shop and pickup a used crt for $5. Its quality will blow u away. I watch most my movies on my 19" crt still due to this. Unless your going to fork over $500 for one of the new flat screens with all the new tech (like the stuff we saw at ces) then crt will ALWAYS win. The reason crts have faded out is there size.

Edited by quickshotxx

Am I the only person who this didn't work for? I followed (and copied) all your settings exactly and the game has taken a 15 fps hit but looks exactly the same. What am I missing here? Is it just that i'm on taris because trees more than 50 - 100 feet away look like green blobs

yes I made sure to change it to -2.5, I also added the launcher.exe to custom too. Still nothing.