SW:TOR - AMD/ATI & *Nvidia Increased Graphics Quality Tweak - This looks MUCH better

quickshotxx

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no visible difference for me and I did nothing wrong :rolleyes:

:o

Since you felt the need to post that it did work for you multiple times..

Either you alreaddy had the improvement or you did something wrong. I can personally attest that this works and the difference should silence a lot of the quality complaints.

However, you will still dip to 20-30 in Fleet or on some planets. There is no way to stop that (I have been trying).

Since you felt the need to post that it did work for you multiple times..

Either you alreaddy had the improvement or you did something wrong. I can personally attest that this works and the difference should silence a lot of the quality complaints.

However, you will still dip to 20-30 in Fleet or on some planets. There is no way to stop that (I have been trying).

I found the fps dip from just LOD change is very small. its adding AA to help clean the image up that hurts the frame rate. least in my tests

I found the fps dip from just LOD change is very small. its adding AA to help clean the image up that hurts the frame rate. least in my tests

I think I have mine configured for a pretty high number. might try reducing that by a lot.

This could could look so amazing with high res textures. I don't understand why they don't put them in? If some people can't handle higher res graphics, so what? That's what the OPTIONS MENU is for. So, why don't the dev's take pride in their hard work and let US see what they put so many hours into?

I have found that if I try to have windows explorer running in the background (for music, I cannot stand sitting in this game in silence) the game takes a decent FPS hit. This is very dissapointing, as TOR is pretty lacking in the music department.

Lol no hate on u bro but u didnt do it right :p Im going to assume u got the settings right, perhaps radeonpro is not detecting the game. make sure u direct it to the game exe (THE GAME EXE NOT THE LUNCHER) and also set the launcher option and direct it to the launcher. game should show up in your recently played section of radeonpro if it detected it. If thats all good then u did not set it correctly. Double check slowly. If your on nvidia ask someone to upload a directional video like I did. Remember u want negative values for LOD not positive

Edited by quickshotxx

I only really notice the floors in the Imperial Fleet, and grass/tree detail. The floors are very shiny and show light reflections. Character textures are still the same muddy/ crummy quality.

This could could look so amazing with high res textures. I don't understand why they don't put them in? If some people can't handle higher res graphics, so what? That's what the OPTIONS MENU is for. So, why don't the dev's take pride in their hard work and let US see what they put so many hours into?

Because that would take courage. If they had high res textures in, half the playerbase would be sending in tickets, calling customer service or complaining on the forums because "*** I CAN'T PLAY ON MEDIUM OR HIGH!".

Lower textures mean the game can be played by more people, including the World of Warcraft folks (hint hint HINT HINT HINT).

The downside is people with better computers do not get to play the game the way they should be able to. It is all about subscription numbers and reducing QQ for Customer Support, the Moderators on the Forums and the Developers.

Because that would take courage. If they had high res textures in, half the playerbase would be sending in tickets, calling customer service or complaining on the forums because "*** I CAN'T PLAY ON MEDIUM OR HIGH!".

Lower textures mean the game can be played by more people, including the World of Warcraft folks (hint hint HINT HINT HINT).

The downside is people with better computers do not get to play the game the way they should be able to. It is all about subscription numbers and reducing QQ for Customer Support, the Moderators on the Forums and the Developers.

Im not a wow fanboy. But at least I have MANY setting options in Wow and even totally maxed out x8 AA it looks better and runs better. But I really cant compare a game as old as wow with this. Wow has had A LOT more time to optimize stuff

For the ATI guys/gals I recommend using catalyst 11.9 with the latest 11.9 cap. 11.10/11.11/11.12/and 12.1 beta gave me reduced performance. BF3 still runs awesome on 11.9 the only game u will lose out on is rage. atm for swtor I deff recommend 11.9 with 11.9 cap4 and radeon pro (for tweaking and crossfire stuff)

monitors crap or your blind. The difference is night and day. go look at any metal texture or trees at a distance.

Also make sure your running the game in your full native res. im not trying to be insulting but I have seen/done this for many people a lot of times now, it made a difference (a large difference) every time. this isnt a trick or some troll, it just works. If u cant see a difference you either did something wrong or have the worst hardware I can imagine

Edited by quickshotxx

i did and for the most part it works fine, but one thing that did not happen is the grass draw distance or whatever its called didnt increase. there is still a large circle around me as i move where the grass grows, instead of it being there far away like in the video (NVIDIA card)

i did and for the most part it works fine, but one thing that did not happen is the grass draw distance or whatever its called didnt increase. there is still a large circle around me as i move where the grass grows, instead of it being there far away like in the video (NVIDIA card)

U are sure both your distance sliders are at 100% for grass and tree? I find it hard to think that nvidia would for "whatever" reason render grass shorter. I have a nvidia rig as well (I actually have 5 computers lol :rolleyes: ) and it doesnt have a issue like your describing.

Edited by quickshotxx

Great find OP!

That really improved the textures for me, floors and walls are very shiny and nice looking, nice reflections.

I am still getting jagged lines even with AA forced in my Nvidia Control panel and in Nvidia Inspector, so I do think that the AA issue has room for improvement.

If they can clean that up along with this improvement you just gave us, this will be a very nice looking MMO! Like another poster said, the best one I have seen so far!

EDIT: I am noticing that Shadows suffer quite a bit with this tweak, but this is definitely a step in the right direction

SPECS: Windows 7x64 , i7 950 3.2ghz, Nvidia GTX 560 Ti, 6gb DDR3, 800 Watt PSU, Asus Mobo. WD 7200 RPM HD

Edited by Tortoises

I play a lot of mmos and with this tweak the game looks better then 90% of them. And since when do graphics make a game. I can go back to super mario (any of them) and still have a great time. YES WE WERE LIED TO but since that isnt going to change stop crying about it, If you dont like the game then dont play it, dont spread hate through the forums plz

I like the game big time (THE GAME) , but i have a PC less than 2 years old, i dont want my games to look like they were made 5 years back.

I want some graphics improvements in the next 3 months or so, or thats it AS MUCH as i like the game.

Thousands i believe will be thinking on the same lines.

A released game we shouldnt HAVE to be doing this sort of stuff to improve it.

Edited by Urko

be careful here. safest thing to do with an ever changing game like an mmo is set the graphics settings to "let the program decide." You may not fully blow out your card but you could drastically reduce its lifespan. The next patch could add something that will tax the card even more and since you took control of the settings it wont be automatically switched back.