SW:TOR - AMD/ATI & *Nvidia Increased Graphics Quality Tweak - This looks MUCH better

quickshotxx

Let me say this once.....THE GAME HAS NO HIGH RES TEXTURES......THE GAME WILL NEVER LOOK GOOD.....

I play a lot of mmos and with this tweak the game looks better then 90% of them. And since when do graphics make a game. I can go back to super mario (any of them) and still have a great time. YES WE WERE LIED TO but since that isnt going to change stop crying about it, If you dont like the game then dont play it, dont spread hate through the forums plz

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I really appreciate some of the player base of this game posts and efforts into helping other around I strongly think this is not our problem into try to solve the lack of performance this game has it.

I hope they gonna put this on the queue task in order to improve overall performance of the game.

Much appreciate the post though

Yes its not our job to fix this, but since we all know bioware aint doing nuttin for a bit, might as well try right. Im in the progress of added a fxaa (post effect modifier) as well as im trying to see if switching out the game files with the ones from when we had high res texture could trick the game in newayz. I feel with all this tweaking I might get banned soon but meh, Tweaking this game atm is more fun then the game itself :rolleyes:

Yes its not our job to fix this, but since we all know bioware aint doing nuttin for a bit, might as well try right. Im in the progress of added a fxaa (post effect modifier) as well as im trying to see if switching out the game files with the ones from when we had high res texture could trick the game in newayz. I feel with all this tweaking I might get banned soon but meh, Tweaking this game atm is more fun then the game itself :rolleyes:

Btw you can also get some nice results with AMD Catalyst 12.1a which its forcing the high res texture for ATI video card but lower the fps

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Catalyst121apreviewdriver.aspx

Make the changes into the video driver then force them upon the game(sorry not so good with these things and how to explain).

I give it a try myself and set everything to high quality and ohh well its like playing different game.

Btw you can also get some nice results with AMD Catalyst 12.1a which its forcing the high res texture for ATI video card but lower the fps

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Catalyst121apreviewdriver.aspx

Make the changes into the video driver then force them upon the game(sorry not so good with these things and how to explain).

I give it a try myself and set everything to high quality and ohh well its like playing different game.

I have an HD6950 and the 12.1a preview driver, how do I force the high res textures? I can force AA fine.

I have an HD6950 and the 12.1a preview driver, how do I force the high res textures? I can force AA fine.

How i did first I made the changes into the driver and I took all max quality. At Save option choose the launcer executable, open it and after you get like a notice that changes were made upon the aplication, and it worked.

Best to see is go into a hangar or so, I was at ilum the floor, your armor your companion armor have same high res as in the cut-scenes and everything is smooth. even the planet in the background looks different with all the galaxy at the back(my english not native so sorry for bad spelling or poor choice of wrods)

But this is how I've done it. Frist pick up the setting then save them upon the game and the driver will notice the changes you made took place.

Works nicely here and Wow, what happened to the reflection, everything is really shine now :)

If you look they never made reflections.

There is environment reflections, but your char is essentially a vampire.

I downloaded the NVIDIA Inspector 1.9.5.9 download from Guru3D.com. However I dont have SWTOR in the game profiles, any idea why not?

PS. Using Nvidia Forceware beta version 290.53.

go to the bottom of page 1 and look at the image i linked.

just set it to all that and apply changes (loo kfor the wrench or something icon on the main program screen)

Edited by mcfabulous

WOW!! All I can say is WOW!! The game just took on a whole new dimension after downloading and using the nvidia inspecter. The framerate drop is almost nothing and my rig isn't the best either. AMD Phenom IIX4, 6 gigs of ram and a Geforce GT440 vid card. I recomend this to anyone.