Fresh Level 50 PvE Gear up Guide

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New to MMORPG but what's the difference between a weekly and daily HM FP? Do I need to drop or reset the daily missions to get the weekly commendations after completing a HM FP? Or is it that you can only get credits from completing a WEEKLY hm fp once a week? Just a little confused on the difference between them and how to get the credits. Edited by revcrisis

In terms of gearing. By now you should be wearing orange moddable gear in your weapon, head, chest, gloves, legs and boot slots - if you aren't, buy some lower level moddable gear or solo the low level flashpoints until you have the moddable gear and stick high level mods in from corellia commendations. Find a friendly cybertech and/or artificer who has crafted purples or at least blue top level mods/enhancement/armouring. Also the same for the companion you will be using. check the trade network - you may be able to pick up some nice purple crafted items in your belt, earpiece and bracer slots at least - maybe implant slots too

If nothing is activated on Belsavis it means you haven't picked up the quest chain, which like the one on Ilum opens up all the dailies for you. You need to finish your class quest and then its available on the republic fleet, at the mission terminal next to the guy who gives you your crystal ball series on Ilum. (i.e. in the central hub area). I think the follow up is on the Belsavis Orbital Station if memory serves and then down to business on the planet.

With 2 players and companions the H2s are very easily doable - as fresh 50s a friend and 1 did the heroic 4s too, obviously with our companions too - we do however have an advantage in that I am a tank and she is a healer and the pets just have to dps. Always CC an elite and focus dps on the adept and then the other strong. Clear some space to give you room to pull the spawned mobs into without danger of pulling extra groups. In the end its about patience and planning if its tough. Interrupt the dark heals of the adepts and/or stun them when they are getting close to death and above all make sure you, your player friend and your companions are all targetting the same mob. (ALT+T gives you the target of your target) [i.e. pick one of you to choose targets and then other player selects the lead player and presses ALT+T to find the current target and then sends his/her pet at that target too). Its about getting things dead fast to reduce the overall incoming damage.

The heroic 4s are tougher and my first time through with one other player we died a few times, but again its about using CC and focussed dps to quickly eliminate the strong mobs one by one. The last champion boss behind the shield is a pain in the *** - and the 2 of us have yet to kill him (his project storm needs to be interrupted immediately once he starts casting it below 50% health, but we lack the dps to finish him off fast) best advice - start the fight, stick your saber (or blast) the box you need to destroy behind him immediately and run like hell to the exit (might want to sacrifice a companion here) - exit the area ON THE LEFT SIDE of the green area shield to avoid pulling the group of mobs outside.

In general, Work out which type of mobs give you the most difficulties and cc one of them, kill the other first. As a melee tank, ranged guys are a nightmare for me - the melee guys no problem - so we cc a couple of the ranged guys and I pull a ranged (strong) guy to me into space so that when they melee guys run to me the pets can AOE without fear of breaking cc - find a tactic that works for your group composition and use it.

Above all, pause and watch for wandering scouts/mobs; wait for them to be in space and kill them while they are solo - nothing messes up your day more than starting to win a tough fight and an extra dude casually walking in and tipping the fight balance away from you.

And as another poster has said, nothing is seriously bugged in there. If you can explain what you are encountering more exactly maybe we can help.

Hope that helps a bit - if there is specific stuff you need help/advice on maybe I can suggest something - I am sorry if the info is a bit general or seems a bit basic for the problems you are having but I tried to cover everything I could think of that could be a real sticking point.

-Jo

Damn helpful post... thanks!

Unless this guy is the same one as on this website, than I'm sorry Iwipe, it was not a copy and paste of your guide with some rewording. It was an almost 100% copy/paste of the site here. Seriously even down to the horrid grammar "Downtime you should be run dailies"

http://buytheoldrepublicguide.com/how-to-gear-up-at-fresh-lvl-50/

That or someone else stole it.

In which case, as a truly fresh 50 then I'll do regular FPs until when? When do i step up to HM? After I get my daily gear? Are the dailies tuned to fresh ungeared 50s?

Yes the dailies are tuned for fresh 50s. As for FPs what I did was I waited for HMs until after my moddable gear all had epic level 50 mods. This did overgear the instances for myself a little (Im heals) however it didnt hurt. It should be worth noting that due to the difficulty of Normal Eternity Vault, once you starting doing HMs you should be fine in EV as well.

Edited by Gindorf

Couple corrections: They recently upped the number of tionese and columni commendations you get from the daily and weekly hard mode quests, and you can pick up Emergent Medicine along with the other two at the Wilderness outpost as long as you pick it up first before you grab the other two.