Fresh Level 50 PvE Gear up Guide

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

commendations are another form of currency, if you dont get the token to swap for the columi/tionese item you want, you can spend your commendations that drop off HM bosses etc. Obviously the former takes less time than the latter but relies on RNG (random number generator)

I have now finally got my Rakata Earpiece and two Rakata Implants from getting the Daily Commendations. I managed to get all 25 Commendations in approximately 50 minutes every day as a Shadow Tank, as with stealth you can solo the Belsavis Heroics really quickly and just blast through the rest as well with Nadia. So it works out for stealth classes at about 4 hours of game time per (guaranteed) Rakata. Very good going.

I would suggest everyone does these missions as they're well worh it. Having 3 top tier pieces of gear guaranteed to you and without the need for a group makes it so easy, and gives you something to do when nobody's online.

On top of the commendations, you will earn about 200k every day that you complete them all; and the Purple 50 mods from the Heroics will soon kit out yourself (and a companion or two) with more to spare. These are BoE and will sell for 35k on my server really quickly. I sold 12 of them in one night!

So now i have millions of credits from doing these missions + selling Biochem mats as well. :D

One thing you can do with this cash to gear up is head to the GTN and search for item mods that people have crafted. Got myself a few 58 Enhancements for 120k each. You should be flying through HMs just from doing these and the PvP Dailies. :)

Is there a gear requirement for Heroic Modes?

I'm a fresh 50 and just started doing dailies. Most of my gear item level is in the 106 - 112 range. Should I just wait until I do a bunch of dailies, get the Rakata earpices / implants and so on before doing HM's?

This is a great post, thank you. I've used the information to put together an *almost* complete set of columi gear.

Just to clarify though, does this mean that the Columi Mainhand and Columi Belt are only currently dropping in operations? I've only seen the Tionese of these in hard modes.

I play Sage Seer. I have full columi set except lightsaber. Am I equiped good enough to try HM/NM Ops? And what is the difference between normal and hard/nightmare? Only Boss/trash HP and damage? Edited by Foenix

This is a very good guide, I especially find the info on dailies useful. We had originally thought about incorporating dailies/planet token vendor items into our loot site but ultimately decided against it for now. I am glad that someone has posted a guide, though. Thanks for compiling it!

I play Sage Seer. I have full columi set except lightsaber. Am I equiped good enough to try HM/NM Ops? And what is the difference between normal and hard/nightmare? Only Boss/trash HP and damage?

My main is a Seer healer, i have a 50/50 split between Columi set and Champion PVP set and i have cleared up to and including SOA on hard mode, id say you are entry level for HM, will be challenging to say the least but a full group geared to our level can manage it.

As for NMM, i wouldnt even dream of that until you get at least 50% rakata gear, its a whole different ball game.

main difference is more HP and damage, but a few of the encounters require greater teamwork (such as the pilon encounter in HM) in order to overcome. All mechanics seem the same but maybe increased severity (3 lightning balls on SOA HM compared to 1 on normal, and tick for 5k if you get too close)

--Note--

The above is my personal opinion given my skill level and experiences in the game, others may disagree with my opinions and are free to do so.

Edited by TheRealFury

This might be a very stupid question , but still .. Where is the vendor (who is selling) the so-called "2 implants/ear (which are Rakata teir in stats)" that u have to run all those dailies ???

Thanks !

Illum

And Belsavis by the first sub post where you get the first set of dailies.

I hit 50 before all my friends. So I've been waiting on them to run any HM's, so I've been PVP'in to pass time by. If I'm almost all Champ PVP gear would this be enough to do heroics? Aside from the Expertise stat, it has all the same stats as PVE. I prefer this route as dailies can burn me out.

I'm a Guardian Tank on Corellian Run server,

About 17k unbuffed.

I'm def/vig tree build.

Edited by WarheartZero

pretty much every time i've asked myself "hmm i wonder if i'm geared enough for this" its turned out that as long as the groups competent, you probably are.

LOL One of the better answers! I guess your only as good as your group.

Edited by WarheartZero

I hit 50 before all my friends. So I've been waiting on them to run any HM's, so I've been PVP'in to pass time by. If I'm almost all Champ PVP gear would this be enough to do heroics? Aside from the Expertise stat, it has all the same stats as PVE. I prefer this route as dailies can burn me out.

I'm a Guardian Tank on Corellian Run server,

About 17k unbuffed.

I'm def/vig tree build.

Full Champion Gear will be more than good enough to get you through all the HMs. It's actually not as good as Columi Gear for PvE, the stats are lower all round, except for Expertise. PvE Gear is better for PvE and visa-versa.

Are the Ilum/Belsavis dailies soloable? (Jedi Guardian tank spec w/ healer companion)

The 2+ and the Heroic4 can be done alone for none healers too, just accept you will die a few times doing it, and a repair bill.

I was not able to kill Lord Raddax solo, so i always skip that one.

The rest on the list on Belsavis is soloable.