Fresh Level 50 PvE Gear up Guide

Yes, the daily level 50 heroics on both Illum and Belsavis -- the rewards for them are mods and enhancements, in addition to commendations (except for one Illum one, which gives orange weapons for your companions). There's a vendor on Belsavis for the daily comms supplies also.

Thanks for the clarification.

And crap, it'll be hard to get those. The server I have my toon in has taken heavy losses in regards of population. On Ilum, at most, I've seen 5 or 6 people. And 50s on Belsavis just as much. I haven't been able to get a group to do the H4 heroics since I reached 50. :mad:

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to gear up running just flash points?

Yes and no -- you can get good orange gear from normal mode fps, but you won't get the highest level mods that come from the dailies. You do get tokens/crystals towards the high-end pve gear from hard mode fps (or at least from the dailies/weeklies for them) and normal and hard mode ops.

Is it possible to gear up running just flash points?

Yes.

You can get every Columi peice except main hand weapon and belt from doing Hard Mode Flashpoints...

Or --

You can easily clear Normal EV/KP wearing orange gear as long as you are not wearing level 30 mods (Get the best mods/enchants you can). You will be fine.

If you are a stealther, you can do belsavis dailies (all except the old enemies) in about 35 minutes. which is 14 daily comms

The daily space mission is 5 mins ?, so that's an extra 2 comms

And if you got some spare time left over, hop over to illum and you can do 5 more dailies of 1 comm each

Edited by skarr_tor

IMP Side, Belsavis

@Signal Monitoring Center, SD-9 quits giving me daily quest (Droid Malfunction )..

Is it a bug or else ??

I've been doing the dailys for a few week now....

Thanks in advance

make sure you turn in all the quests before that one (meaning the sith, the droid, and the military guy in the cave where you step out of the teleporter)

make sure you turn in all the quests before that one (meaning the sith, the droid, and the military guy in the cave where you step out of the teleporter)

really ?

been having that problem since a few days now... i can't honestly say in what order i turn in all the quests, but it worths a try...

New to MMORPG but what's the difference between a weekly and daily HM FP? Do I need to drop or reset the daily missions to get the weekly commendations after completing a HM FP? Or is it that you can only get credits from completing a WEEKLY hm fp once a week? Just a little confused on the difference between them and how to get the credits.

Didn't see an answer to this, and am curious how the weekly vs daily HM quests work? Also, I'm assuming, if you had all day, you could run all the HM flashpoints every day, if you really wanted to get the columi gear as fast as possible?

Didn't see an answer to this, and am curious how the weekly vs daily HM quests work? Also, I'm assuming, if you had all day, you could run all the HM flashpoints every day, if you really wanted to get the columi gear as fast as possible?

Technically speaking, operations (even normal mode) drop the most Columi gear. But since one doesn't run them too often, drops from HM endbosses are the fastest way to get the columi gear, so run them as much as time allows you. However, they are based on RNG so you may be unclucky with some pieces.

The daily and weekly quests just give some extra Columi commendations which you can use to fill in the gaps. Basically if you run HMs daily, you can get comms from 7 daily and 1 weekly rewards each week.

Edited by Lightning_

Not sure where I read it, but isn't there a space mission that gives a daily comm too? Can anyone verify this?

Yes, on repub side the mission is Impossible sector. Its the very last mission you get. After Completeing it the first time everytime after that it gives you 2 daily comms

Not sure if it has been mentioned but if you finish the 2 stage 1-3/final bonuses on ilum, you get 2 commendations per. One is for a normal quest, the other is for the heroic 2+.

Not sure what you mean. The first time I did the Ilum missions (the bonus ones too), yes, I got more comms. But now, I have 5 easy short missions available (if defend the shipment doesn't bug on you), 1 each, and 3 for the H2+. 8 total at best once you start repeating them.

I'm of the opinion that PvE'ers are exaggerating the need for gear when it comes to HM'es. It has created a form of elitism that on many servers makes it hard for fresh PvE 50's to LFG.

Hence, I'm glad that they're going to lower some of the prices on PvE gear because unless you're totally dedicated to the cause it will take quite some time just to be able to buy one columi piece.

I'm of the opinion that PvE'ers are exaggerating the need for gear when it comes to HM'es. It has created a form of elitism that on many servers makes it hard for fresh PvE 50's to LFG.

Well, I did a BT HM run the next day I got to 50... except our healer , we were all fresh I believe (judging from the gear we had).

It wasn't a very fun run tbh, we got several wipes. Mostly because we werent doing enough damage, so bosses enraged on our green blue asses. We finally did it, but it was a last man standing thing, the other marauder, in his/her 5 seconds of undying rage most likely...

How much of bad gear and overall player suckiness made it hard, don't know. But I've been purple'ing up through commendations since that day. Next time I go to BT, I'll be more confident on the outcome. And next time I hope I do win the roll on the alloy :D

And speaking of commendations.... did the Defend the shipment quest on Ilum got fixed in the last maintenance shutdown ? Four days in a row that I had no trouble whatsoever doing that quest. No "already in use" thing.

The original post seems to be missing the space-mission daily quest that asks you to complete the "Impossible Sector" mission. Doing this will reward you with 2 daily commendations for about 6(?) minutes of work.

@Hoblero, it is one way, you can buy mods on GTN. I just made some WZs and got few centurion items, was just enough, even for a tank.

i think space mission is 8 minutes, was just about to write it also.

Great guide.. although alot of it is a copy/paste with some minor rewording from my guide here.. :p

http://dulfyforce.wordpress.com/2012/01/11/endgame-gear-guide-empire/

Not that I mind, information should be shared, but for anyone looking for a bit more information that what is provided here, including pictures and a daily checklist, check out my link!

^

Great guide there, really well done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...