Fresh Level 50 PvE Gear up Guide

After you run some HM's you can solo the dailies pretty easy. Im a IA with full columi and my BH tank companion is almost full columi as well. When you get big heals and your companion has 20k hp youll be good :)

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But no space missions are called "Operation Ascendant Pride" :rolleyes:

There is a "Ascendant Barrier" though, maybe thats the one ....

The daily quest is called Operation Ascendant Pride and is DAILY. Ascendant Barrier is the mission that can be completed how many times you'd like. Gawd, some people...

Edited by Dightkuz

As stated above - on the space station, there's a mission kiosk near the guy who gives the starter quest for the Ilum dailies.

I checked every NPC on the Republic Fleet and they had nothing for Belsavis, pehaps I need to finisih something on Belsavis first?

I checked every NPC on the Republic Fleet and they had nothing for Belsavis, pehaps I need to finisih something on Belsavis first?

I didn't look for it until after I was 50 AND had finished my class quest (and had spent and hour or so checking every camp on Belsavis). Not sure if either/both of those are preconditions or not. I seem to think the Ilum guy and Belsavis Mission Terminal were located on the inner ring at about the 1-2 o'clock postion, but will check later.

One minor spoiler at the end of the bonus series...

The last bonus mission on Belsavis tells you to report to somebody in the Prison Admin area...(1st camp on arrival) whereas he (when I did it) he was actually located in the orbital space station.

I am able to receive Containing the Beast - Holoterminal (-670, 90) - 1x Daily Commendation and I have not completed Open Communications.

That may have been changed since they actually made Open Comms a true H4, and not just a robot pickup w/ 3 weak adds

I'm L50 for almost 30 days now any it totally s***s. Don't have enough good items to go PvP, on Ilum one daily is bugged, and the H2+ no one wants to do because it's OP. Probably no 2 fresh L50 players can do that. They were always 3 or 4 to beat that.. And nothing on Belsavis actually seems to be activated.

Not to mention that a death costs around 8k...so there goes the earnings from an Ilum daily.

I found players with 190% of my HP, with items I'd gave no chance to get. So what would you recommend me to do to actually get some good gear ?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Edited by Overmind

I'm L50 for almost 30 days now any it totally s***s. Don't have enough good items to go PvP, on Ilum one daily is bugged, and the H2+ no one wants to do because it's OP. Probably no 2 fresh L50 players can do that. They were always 3 or 4 to beat that.. And nothing on Belsavis actually seems to be activated.

Not to mention that a death costs around 8k...so there goes the earnings from an Ilum daily.

I found players with 190% of my HP, with items I'd gave no chance to get. So what would you recommend me to do to actually get some good gear ?

If you are more interested in PvP, then PvP gear is what you should be trying to obtain since it is slightly better than the equivalent PvE gear versus other players. The only way to get this is to complete PvP Dailies, Weeklies and earn Warzone Commendations. You really shouldn't be struggling so much without any expertise that you cannot enjoy or perform well in Warzones. Just keep playing them and you will quickly have tonnes of Champion gear.

If you play Republic, none of the Daily Commendation missions are bugged at all, at least certainly not such that they can't be completed easily. The H2+ on Ilum is very doable with two fresh 50s. Just make sure you do not pull any surrounding groups of mobs with the knockbacks from the Elite, and focus one Sith Adept at a time since they heal each other. CC'ing the Elite as soon as the door bursts is recommended.

There are guidelines for where and how to activate all the Daily missions within this thread.

If you have stealth, all the Heroics on Belsavis can be cleared solo and extremely quickly as a fresh 50. Otherwise, many players opt to die and use their respawn stealth to complete the missions. You will not lose out on credits this way since the completion of the missions will pay for your repairs and give you mods which sell for 30-35k on the GTN, should you not need them.

Other than that, try and find some friends or guild members who'd be willing to help you through HM Flashpoints.

GL.

In terms of gearing. By now you should be wearing orange moddable gear in your weapon, head, chest, gloves, legs and boot slots - if you aren't, buy some lower level moddable gear or solo the low level flashpoints until you have the moddable gear and stick high level mods in from corellia commendations. Find a friendly cybertech and/or artificer who has crafted purples or at least blue top level mods/enhancement/armouring. Also the same for the companion you will be using. check the trade network - you may be able to pick up some nice purple crafted items in your belt, earpiece and bracer slots at least - maybe implant slots too

If nothing is activated on Belsavis it means you haven't picked up the quest chain, which like the one on Ilum opens up all the dailies for you. You need to finish your class quest and then its available on the republic fleet, at the mission terminal next to the guy who gives you your crystal ball series on Ilum. (i.e. in the central hub area). I think the follow up is on the Belsavis Orbital Station if memory serves and then down to business on the planet.

With 2 players and companions the H2s are very easily doable - as fresh 50s a friend and 1 did the heroic 4s too, obviously with our companions too - we do however have an advantage in that I am a tank and she is a healer and the pets just have to dps. Always CC an elite and focus dps on the adept and then the other strong. Clear some space to give you room to pull the spawned mobs into without danger of pulling extra groups. In the end its about patience and planning if its tough. Interrupt the dark heals of the adepts and/or stun them when they are getting close to death and above all make sure you, your player friend and your companions are all targetting the same mob. (ALT+T gives you the target of your target) [i.e. pick one of you to choose targets and then other player selects the lead player and presses ALT+T to find the current target and then sends his/her pet at that target too). Its about getting things dead fast to reduce the overall incoming damage.

The heroic 4s are tougher and my first time through with one other player we died a few times, but again its about using CC and focussed dps to quickly eliminate the strong mobs one by one. The last champion boss behind the shield is a pain in the *** - and the 2 of us have yet to kill him (his project storm needs to be interrupted immediately once he starts casting it below 50% health, but we lack the dps to finish him off fast) best advice - start the fight, stick your saber (or blast) the box you need to destroy behind him immediately and run like hell to the exit (might want to sacrifice a companion here) - exit the area ON THE LEFT SIDE of the green area shield to avoid pulling the group of mobs outside.

In general, Work out which type of mobs give you the most difficulties and cc one of them, kill the other first. As a melee tank, ranged guys are a nightmare for me - the melee guys no problem - so we cc a couple of the ranged guys and I pull a ranged (strong) guy to me into space so that when they melee guys run to me the pets can AOE without fear of breaking cc - find a tactic that works for your group composition and use it.

Above all, pause and watch for wandering scouts/mobs; wait for them to be in space and kill them while they are solo - nothing messes up your day more than starting to win a tough fight and an extra dude casually walking in and tipping the fight balance away from you.

And as another poster has said, nothing is seriously bugged in there. If you can explain what you are encountering more exactly maybe we can help.

Hope that helps a bit - if there is specific stuff you need help/advice on maybe I can suggest something - I am sorry if the info is a bit general or seems a bit basic for the problems you are having but I tried to cover everything I could think of that could be a real sticking point.

-Jo

In terms of gearing. By now you should be wearing orange moddable gear in your weapon, head, chest, gloves, legs and boot slots - if you aren't, buy some lower level moddable gear or solo the low level flashpoints until you have the moddable gear and stick high level mods in from corellia commendations. Find a friendly cybertech and/or artificer who has crafted purples or at least blue top level mods/enhancement/armouring. Also the same for the companion you will be using. check the trade network - you may be able to pick up some nice purple crafted items in your belt, earpiece and bracer slots at least - maybe implant slots too

If nothing is activated on Belsavis it means you haven't picked up the quest chain, which like the one on Ilum opens up all the dailies for you. You need to finish your class quest and then its available on the republic fleet, at the mission terminal next to the guy who gives you your crystal ball series on Ilum. (i.e. in the central hub area). I think the follow up is on the Belsavis Orbital Station if memory serves and then down to business on the planet.

With 2 players and companions the H2s are very easily doable - as fresh 50s a friend and 1 did the heroic 4s too, obviously with our companions too - we do however have an advantage in that I am a tank and she is a healer and the pets just have to dps. Always CC an elite and focus dps on the adept and then the other strong. Clear some space to give you room to pull the spawned mobs into without danger of pulling extra groups. In the end its about patience and planning if its tough. Interrupt the dark heals of the adepts and/or stun them when they are getting close to death and above all make sure you, your player friend and your companions are all targetting the same mob. (ALT+T gives you the target of your target) [i.e. pick one of you to choose targets and then other player selects the lead player and presses ALT+T to find the current target and then sends his/her pet at that target too). Its about getting things dead fast to reduce the overall incoming damage.

The heroic 4s are tougher and my first time through with one other player we died a few times, but again its about using CC and focussed dps to quickly eliminate the strong mobs one by one. The last champion boss behind the shield is a pain in the *** - and the 2 of us have yet to kill him (his project storm needs to be interrupted immediately once he starts casting it below 50% health, but we lack the dps to finish him off fast) best advice - start the fight, stick your saber (or blast) the box you need to destroy behind him immediately and run like hell to the exit (might want to sacrifice a companion here) - exit the area ON THE LEFT SIDE of the green area shield to avoid pulling the group of mobs outside.

In general, Work out which type of mobs give you the most difficulties and cc one of them, kill the other first. As a melee tank, ranged guys are a nightmare for me - the melee guys no problem - so we cc a couple of the ranged guys and I pull a ranged (strong) guy to me into space so that when they melee guys run to me the pets can AOE without fear of breaking cc - find a tactic that works for your group composition and use it.

Above all, pause and watch for wandering scouts/mobs; wait for them to be in space and kill them while they are solo - nothing messes up your day more than starting to win a tough fight and an extra dude casually walking in and tipping the fight balance away from you.

And as another poster has said, nothing is seriously bugged in there. If you can explain what you are encountering more exactly maybe we can help.

Hope that helps a bit - if there is specific stuff you need help/advice on maybe I can suggest something - I am sorry if the info is a bit general or seems a bit basic for the problems you are having but I tried to cover everything I could think of that could be a real sticking point.

-Jo

That helped me a lot! Cheers buddy! :-D