Fresh Level 50 PvE Gear up Guide

good guide for new to 50, have not read all responses however...

the Rakata Ear/Implants are not the only option, nor the best necessarily.

A Mastercrafted Artifact grade level 49 ear/implant of the right type for the class, with a +28 to a stat augment slotted into it will generally be better than the rakata ear/implants from the dailies in all ways except raw Endurance (which does not really benefit anyone over their prime stat)

Also the word 'epic' is used a lot, and it is not a word ive really seen used in SWTOR. Just looks very strange to see it and didnt 'click' what that meant initially, other people may also not get what it means

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Ilum daily commedations you can use towards Rakata ear/implant? Can you use them towards Columi gear?

You can use them to buy Rakata implants and earpiece, they cost about 120 commendations each. Seeing as you can get 27 daily commendations a day (25 from the belsavis and ilum dailies and 2 from the space daily), it will take you about 5 days for each piece. You can also buy mods with them as well. Well worth doing for the implants and earpiece, and once you get a routine going it won't take you to long.

Handy guide: http://swtordailyquests.com/

Edited by Flain

You can use them to buy Rakata implants and earpiece, they cost about 120 commendations each. Seeing as you can get 27 daily commendations a day (25 from the belsavis and ilum dailies and 2 from the space daily), it will take you about 5 days for each piece. You can also buy mods with them as well. Well worth doing for the implants and earpiece, and once you get a routine going it won't take you to long.

Handy guide: http://swtordailyquests.com/

Thank you for the clarification

Thanks for the post! A little confused though, I've mainly been doing PvP and am now in full champion gear. I'm thinking of grabbing some PvE gear so I can hit hard modes when I want to as well but i have no idea where to start? Unless I misread your guide, I should start at Hard Mode Black Talon?

If so, guess I'm doing something wrong, I tried running HM BT with a few guildies few days ago, 1 was tank spec, 1 healer, 2 DPS. We chose light side at the first option and have to fight the big robot in engineering, we wiped about 5x because of the sabatoge droids and just left. My guild doesn't normally run PvE so we were all a bit newbie to it, was it due to the fact that we just didn't coordinate enough to kill the sabatoge droids faster? It seemed like we wiped too easily, granted two of them had recently hit 50 but they still had purple mods in their gear. Any advice? Is there something else we should be running before HM BT?

Edited by Xtrema

Wow I should have been trolling the forums a long time ago. I've been level 50 for about a month and have been stuck just doing warzones ever since cause I couldn't find anything else to do. The guild I am in has pretty much fallen apart ever since I've hit 50 so we've only run HM Black talon like twice. So by reading this post I'm guessing I should be able to at least do Belsavis daily's on my own? I have a few champion pieces and the rest of my gear is all centurion, and the companion I would take with me I have him all geared in centurion gear as well. I just figured I would need a group for those daily's so I never bothered to even try them. After reading this post maybe I should try it and see what happens.

So by reading this post I'm guessing I should be able to at least do Belsavis daily's on my own?

The Belsavis and Illum dailies are easily soloed by any 50 with decent gear and hp (I started most of them with about 12.5k). Depending on the time of day, it's usually not hard to find someone to group with, which makes doing them go much faster, but you can solo them with little problem.

Could you please indicate that

Defend the Shipment - Major Dermian - x1 Commendation

is broken after day 1 following a patch due to a bug with not being able to work the crates. Maybe adding visibility to the issue will help get it fixed sooner. Great guide - thanks!

The Belsavis and Illum dailies are easily soloed by any 50 with decent gear and hp (I started most of them with about 12.5k). Depending on the time of day, it's usually not hard to find someone to group with, which makes doing them go much faster, but you can solo them with little problem.

You solo poisonous strategy and old enemies? Really? How do you do that?

Using stealth the other heroics can be cleared but both of these do not seem possible without a group.

You solo poisonous strategy and old enemies? Really? How do you do that?

Using stealth the other heroics can be cleared but both of these do not seem possible without a group.

Sorry, I was referring to the non-heroic dailies. Yea, if you don't have stealth you'll need a group to do the daily heroics.

Sorry, I was referring to the non-heroic dailies. Yea, if you don't have stealth you'll need a group to do the daily heroics.

No need for stealth- you can solo all of the heroic dailies as a sorc healers - other healers should be able to - same applies for decently geared tanks and dps.

I posted this guide on soloing them awhile back - hope it helps.

http://dulfy.net/2012/01/27/how-to-soloing-heroic-dailies-empire/

I've been doing PVP al lot lately! Is it wise to participate to an HM with full centurion (with 3 or 4 champ) gear?

Definitely :) Nothing wrong with pvp gear for HM flashpoints and very doable. In the early days (i.e. shortly after release) alot of us took advantage of the pvp gear for pve content until we got our full set of Columi

Hey is there any dailies on either Voss or Corellia? I know Voss has a bonus series of quests, i have not done any of them as yet, but it would seem to follow in the vein of Belsavis's dailies come from the bonus series. Was just wondering! Thank you all.

Hey is there any dailies on either Voss or Corellia? I know Voss has a bonus series of quests, i have not done any of them as yet, but it would seem to follow in the vein of Belsavis's dailies come from the bonus series. Was just wondering! Thank you all.

Not at this time, though BW has said there will be more daily quests in 1.2. For now, it's Belsavis and Illium.

Good guide overall, but it is worth noting the following...

Getting full daily commendation gear and mods along with the quest reward mods IS NOT required to start doing HMs, nor is it required to do normal mode operations.

On the flip side, I would not want to see someone show up to try a more difficult HM wearing greens and blues gathered from leveling quests on Hoth and Belsavis.

A good balance would be to start the Belsavis and Ilum dailies as soon as possible (Belsavis opens at 47, Ilum when you finish class story) and upgrade the lowest level gear you have first.

Fill in with gear and mods from Corella Heroics and commendations, level 50 normal Flashpoints, PVP gear, and 48-49 crafted gear.

Spend a bit of time reviewing your gear and your spec and look around on the forums and other sites for information that may help you with optimizing spec, gear stats, and rotations.

Also take a bit of time to read up on the various flashpoints so you'll have an idea of what to expect.

If you are new to flashpoints (dungeons), you may want to spend a bit more time to learn about terms people will use such as using CC, using LOS, focus targeting, and using interrupts, along with the general 'don't stand in the fire' rule.

Most importantly, find a group of like minded people who want to run HMs for fun, and go enjoy the game and hopefully get some nice new loot.

Edited by DawnAskham

Question: I am a bit confused about the Belsavis Bonus series. Is there 2 different bonus series? One normal one that happens on most planets ( as mentioned above unlocked at 47), and one that unlocks at 50 and once done with class quest?

Reason for the confusion is the way you aquire it, some threads I have read mention the need to complete the class quests, get the quest at fleet, and say a npc required for the quest is at various locations.

Can someone clear this up for me? Apologies if this has been answered in the 18 pages, and apologies for the confusion. Tried looking this up and after about 30 min I am more confused than before I started.

Good guide overall, but it is worth noting the following...

Getting full daily commendation gear and mods along with the quest reward mods IS NOT required to start doing HMs, nor is it required to do normal mode operations.

Fully commendation gear and mods ?

Aside from that vendor on Ilum, is there someone else ? I mean, I only found the purples for Hilts, Barrels, Armoring, which are nice since they upgrade the base stats of that specific gear, but no mods or enhancements. Am I missing something ?

Question: I am a bit confused about the Belsavis Bonus series. Is there 2 different bonus series? One normal one that happens on most planets ( as mentioned above unlocked at 47), and one that unlocks at 50 and once done with class quest?

Correct; there is a normal bonus series, and a level 50 bonus series.

Fully commendation gear and mods ?

Aside from that vendor on Ilum, is there someone else ? I mean, I only found the purples for Hilts, Barrels, Armoring, which are nice since they upgrade the base stats of that specific gear, but no mods or enhancements. Am I missing something ?

Yes, the daily level 50 heroics on both Illum and Belsavis -- the rewards for them are mods and enhancements, in addition to commendations (except for one Illum one, which gives orange weapons for your companions). There's a vendor on Belsavis for the daily comms supplies also.

Edited by jsalemi