The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is the game failing? :(

Blackweb

/facepalm

You do realize that they opened up the servers in response to all the "OMG my server is full and I gotta wait 20 min" crying right? Sure some people are cancelling, others are back in school, back to work, or whatever.

I rarely experience the "stability" issues you mention. I occasionally get the speeder thing and the other one is the clipped sound in the mid cannon in the Alderaaan Warzone. Compared to other MMO launches (and even expansions) SWTOR has been pretty smooth for me. Is the game perfect? No, but that is what content patches and hotfixes are for.

Did they screw some things up at release? Sure.

1) No customizable UI. In today's MMO this is a feature that should be in at launch.

2) Boosted PVP. Horrible, just doesn't work. The better approach would have been brackets with boosting to the top level of the bracket.

That's really it IMO. The rest of the stuff is mainly personal preference or bugs/tweaking that needs to and can be adjusted in a patch.

Edited by Evangelist

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is, the guild I'm in had an average 25 Random members on at anyone time, in the last 10 days we would be lucky to get 2 or 3 people on, some have logged in just to say the game started boring them to death around level 30+ and just couldn't be arsed to log in...

Wow Open worlds tight and plenty of layers, worlds that had life

Tor Spongy attack abilities, Loads of pointless running and empty lifeless zones/planets and To many Loading Screen...

Tor is A failure- what a shame -- I really hoped this game would do well

Several things...

In the US, it's between 6am and 9am - People are going to school/work.

In the EU, it's between 2pm and 4pm - People are at school/work.

The servers have been down all morning for a patch and only recently came back up.

No, this game isn't failing, but I think you might be...

Server population was way higher accros all server couple weeks ago, On its peak there where only 4 standard populated servers. Now there is allot more of them. Soon it will drop even more when peoples subcriptions will run out.

I'm overwhelmed by the massive amount of sarcastic responses.

You people didn't even read my post did you?

I said IS THE GAME FAILING? (this is a question, you see there's a question mark at the end there)

I didn't say "THIS GAME IS FAILING" I asked the community a question and listed a bunch of stuff that has already been discussed over and over as major nuisances for MANY people playing this game, I shouldn't have to list a bunch of bugs and nuisances in detail just because I want to have a discussion. Why don't you grow up abit and stop going into "auto defense or I-think-im-so-intelligent-that-I'm-gonna-post-this-subtle-but-extremely-sarcastic response" mode and make a constructive comment to my thread our just keep your opinion away from it?

I LOVE the whole idea of this game, but you cannot deny that it's obvious it has some major issues and what if they don't intend to fix many of them?

I'm curious and want to discuss I'm not into the whole flaming wars thing alot of you people seem to love.

Do you also treat strangers you meet in the real world like you this? Cuz then I just feel sad for everyone around you.

Server population was way higher accros all server couple weeks ago, On its peak there where only 4 standard populated servers. Now there is allot more of them. Soon it will drop even more when peoples subcriptions will run out.

How do you know that they didn't increase the server thresholds so that what was heavy two weeks ago is now standard?

What? You don't? It's more fun to assume the very worst though I guess?

Holidays...

We are back at work now, people are back at school, people have studies.

Not everyone is jobless and has free time during the day mon-fri, most people are occupied.

Last weekend I checked the servers, most, if not all, were heavy, with a fair few being very heavy and full during the day. It increased as it got to night time as well.

Basic principal is, do not judge a game on it's population during the day mon-fri, all games appear dead then, even wow.

I said IS THE GAME FAILING? (this is a question, you see there's a question mark at the end there)

I didn't say "THIS GAME IS FAILING" I asked the community a question and listed a bunch of stuff that has already been discussed over and over as major nuisances for MANY people playing this game, I shouldn't have to list a bunch of bugs and nuisances in detail just because I want to have a discussion. Why don't you grow up abit and stop going into "auto defense or I-think-im-so-intelligent-that-I'm-gonna-post-this-subtle-but-extremely-sarcastic response" mode and make a constructive comment to my thread our just keep your opinion away from it?

I LOVE the whole idea of this game, but you cannot deny that it's obvious it has some major issues and what if they don't intend to fix many of them?

I'm curious and want to discuss I'm not into the whole flaming wars thing alot of you people seem to love.

Do you also treat strangers you meet in the real world like you this? Cuz then I just feel sad for everyone around you.

So.. how is your post any help to avoid the eventual demise of TOR?

I know on the weekends almost all the servers are high or full. Last night all the servers were standard. I don't see a problem with that.

The mad rush is over, people are settling in.

I'm not a big gamer but I tried a few MMO's and so far I'm very pleased with this game. There can be improvements and I'm sure there will be. I look forward to seeing what direction the game goes in and how it all develops.

I just logged in and took an overall look on the servers... I see maybe 1 server with a high population and 30-40 servers with light/standard)

Are people leaving this game? Is it failing?

I'm kind of a fanboy when it comes to star wars and I TRULY want to love this game. So far I'm loving the awesome voiceovers and the combat system (even though many complain about it cuz of sucky pvp).

But the graphics engine is just... horrendous, the feel of the game is so bad... the world doesn't feel stable and working but glitchy and static, the audio bugs OMG I can't run my speeder for 2 mins without the hovering sound dissapearing all the time replaced by other environment sounds etc. cuz they are poorly programmed they overlap each other I think?

Is serious fixing coming to this game? Do you think it will get the overhaul that it needs?

I'm really worried that the EA budget money making machine, has saved resources on this game in places where they really shouldn't have.

I'm never going back to wow or anything like that, but seriously I'm praying for a golden overhaul for this game cuz I just don't see myself sticking around for anything other than the storylines so far.

I'm sorry if some of you people who can easily ignore all these issue are offended, call me a troll all you want. But I really hope we can get enough attention on these matters, so that one day they will take it serioulsy and throw the resources needed into the game.

No amount of talking about how good it is, can obscure the truth, that this game needs a major overhaul to compete properly.

Please at least try to hold back the trolling monster inside you if you wanna comment on this thread.

Thank you but this is my honest 10 cents and it has nothing to do with trying to bring the game down or promote other mmo's, I want this game to be all it can be and imo it has long way to go.

The maintenance was earlier today and your just taking a moment in time and claiming that this game is dying?? Did you hear the news that over 2 mil people bought this game?? Just because you get on early in the morning it doesnt mean others will log at the same time as you? Bugs eventually get fixed its a fact.

The problem is you're expecting some kind of super sophisticated discussion on whether the game is failnig or not, but you lead off with...

I just logged in and took an overall look on the servers... I see maybe 1 server with a high population and 30-40 servers with light/standard)

Are people leaving this game? Is it failing?

If you would have posted this question on the state of the game due to a lower server population during peak hours you'd probably at least get some semblance of a rational response here and there.

But asking this question in the morning after downtime?

C'mon man.

You aren't getting serious replies because your posts don't warrant them.

1. you're using off-peak server hours (right after they came back up after a patch, even) to justify your implication that the game is failing

2. why would you think they don't intend to fix the issues the game has? :rolleyes:

3. alot is actually 2 words

4. do you ask loaded questions in real life and then act the victim when someone calls you out on it?

The maintenance was earlier today and your just taking a moment in time and claiming that this game is dying?? Did you hear the news that over 2 mil people bought this game?? Just because you get on early in the morning it doesnt mean others will log at the same time as you? Bugs eventually get fixed its a fact.
'

More mindless posting, people aren't reading.

Nevermind someone close the thread I was naive to think it would turn into some sort of constructive discussion.

Next time I will write "SWTOR is like a golden field with the sun setting behind it, the air is sweet with sommeflowers as I log in and I can't see all the bugs cuz I'm so blinded by the immense beauty and perfection that is SWTOR" as my title, then we can all play fantasy land and pretend this game doesn't have major issues.

GL HF I'll give it another month and just as a sidenote, I don't love any sort of fiction more than I love star wars, I like playing MMO's rather casually thus this should be my dream MMO and I am seriously considering leaving.

Just so you know how at least one very hopeful and loyal fan feels Bioware.

Why do fan boys always have to bash people? Sad....says a lot about this ****** community. Worse than WoW's tbh.

Someone hasn't spent much time on WoW General, I see. This is hardly even bashing, when you log onto a game on a weekday morning, light population is to be expected. You want bashing, try going onto WoW General and complaining about Tuesday morning maintenance :)

'

More mindless posting, people aren't reading.

Nevermind someone close the thread I was naive to think it would turn into some sort of constructive discussion.

Next time I will write "SWTOR is like a golden field with the sun setting behind it, the air is sweet with sommeflowers as I log in and I can't see all the bugs cuz I'm so blinded by the immense beauty and perfection that is SWTOR" as my title, then we can all play fantasy land and pretend this game doesn't have major issues.

GL HF I'll give it another month and just as a sidenote, I don't love any sort of fiction more than I love star wars, I like playing MMO's rather casually thus this should be my dream MMO and I am seriously considering leaving.

Just so you know how at least one very hopeful and loyal fan feels Bioware.

Really, you don't get it do you? To have an intelligent conversation, you must ask an intelligent question. or at least one that isn't completely idiotic. And I asked you, how is your pointless and baseless post doing anything to help TOR??

You do realize, school was out due to the holidays. People had vacations, some places of employment were shut down for a couple weeks, and last but not least it was launch, but that would have NOTHING to do with it right? lol.

Stop, think for 2 seconds, then post.

Either way, again people. If your scared the game is going to fail for some weird reason like your life is going to end, then quit the game. If you think the game is boring, and sucks...yet again...quit playing the game. It's simple, EXTREMELY simple, yet apparently so damn hard to comprehend for some people.

WoW has lost millions in the last couple years, care to explain that? I'm sure you have an answer.

Edited by Nidien

You aren't comparing launch #'s to the average population #'s, right? Because thats just stupid. Obviously during launch and when the game is brand new, people are going to want to play all the time.

E: This is normal with all games. I'm not saying you're stupid, because I'm assuming you're new to gaming. Everyone has questions.

Edited by -___-

You aren't getting serious replies because your posts don't warrant them.

1. you're using off-peak server hours (right after they came back up after a patch, even) to justify your implication that the game is failing

2. why would you think they don't intend to fix the issues the game has? :rolleyes:

3. alot is actually 2 words

4. do you ask loaded questions in real life and then act the victim when someone calls you out on it?

That's funny cuz I though that was only the first 2 lines of my post that mentioned servers? Did you bother reading the rest before you wrote your arrogant reply and corrected my typo?

Nah guess you didn't...