Jedi Knights PvP gear is unacceptably pathetic. Be united against it!

Alexious

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This gear is plain and simply hideous.. No where at all have I ever seen a metallic samurai in Star Wars. If you want this game to be "iconic and starwarsy" you will actually make Jedi Knights look like Jedi Knights.

If this concept art for this armor was brought to my desk I would seriously consider firing the artist... How it made it to a live version of the game blows me away..

True but Lucas messed up when he made the newer three. A clever person once pointed out that if obiwan was hiding in the desert he would not be wearing the obvious traditional garb of a jedi, but instead something nonchalant like play dirt colored robes. Luke goes on to wear a black jumpsuit thing. darth vader is in a badA costum, albiet life-support suit

Its like when they went to make episodes 4, 5 , 1,2 & 3, they were like, what did obi wan wear? I guess thats what jedi are supposed to wear....

yes yoda wears a similar robe but again only because the hermit in the desert did.

TL DR

Jedi wear robes because an old man hiding in the desert wore robes. More likely they wore more cool stuff just costumes department screwed up.

Hi Alexious,

Style is something that is very subjective and what some people love, others find unacceptable. The solution to that lies in allowing players to control their own style, a function that the core game currently provides via customizable (orange) gear.

Please see Emmanuel's post on extending orange gear viability into endgame to get an idea of our intentions. Obviously, new appearances will also be added to the game over time as well.

Regards

Georg

do you guys plan on giving us the gear from the trailers? such as the jedi and sith outfits from the "Deceived" trailer

True but Lucas messed up when he made the newer three. A clever person once pointed out that if obiwan was hiding in the desert he would not be wearing the obvious traditional garb of a jedi, but instead something nonchalant like play dirt colored robes. Luke goes on to wear a black jumpsuit thing. darth vader is in a badA costum, albiet life-support suit

Its like when they went to make episodes 4, 5 , 1,2 & 3, they were like, what did obi wan wear? I guess thats what jedi are supposed to wear....

yes yoda wears a similar robe but again only because the hermit in the desert did.

TL DR

Jedi wear robes because an old man hiding in the desert wore robes. More likely they wore more cool stuff just costumes department screwed up.

All the books 1-6 were written pre-films. So, yes he already knew what all of them wore. The movies had little to do on the traditional looks of the characters.

I think a massive mistake was made by Bioware..

They came up with a great system of orange items from level 11 - 50. It gave all players options to look the way they want.. And I think everyone would agree it was an excellent implementation.. And then we got to 50 and started to farm PVP gear. SWTOR has now joined the rank of very other game that everyone are not clones of each other and running around looking exactly the same..

With the system already in place.. I just can't believe PVP gear wasn't just modules for items like it has been through out the game..

TL DR

Remember they didn't touch Anakin's body in RoTJ. Christensen or not, he WAS wearing Jedi robes.

So you're entirely wrong.

Also, Obi wan was a total hermit, considered a "crazy old man", besides Larz, he didn't meet a lot of persons, and also, it's clothes, nothing like "a uniform" ...

I would also think it doesn't have only ONE thing to wear.

And, if you're bothered by this kind of issue, I guess you can't sleep at night while thinking about how the best idea they ever had to "hide to Vader he had a son" was to name him the same way. Like, nobody thought "oh maybe we shouldn't name him Skywalker, you know, just in case ?" .

Edited by Strayth

All the books 1-6 were written pre-films. So, yes he already knew what all of them wore. The movies had little to do on the traditional looks of the characters.

written in his head? or somewhere i can buy them pre movie production. also, in those inhead written books he clearly and completely described what they wore or just said "jedi went here then there"....

Custom gear (orange) has no level. Its level is derived from the modifications you slot into it.

So yes, you can make any gear in the game that fits your class level 50+ after the changes Emmanuel described happen.

A few notes:

When we reply to one post, we can't address all other questions that the community might come up with. Stuff like, hoods, adding more armor variation, etc. are all things we've taken note of and when we have something to announce, you will hear from us. We've always said we wanted to have customer demand driven development after launch and some of the things you've read about are just the first in a long list of things we want to do or are discussing right now.

Please also be mindful that we're not often going to give ETAs. An ETA, even though it's estimated, is essentially a promise - and that limits our ability to prioritize our development based on actual severity and impact and that is not a smart thing to do. They also create a lot of bad blood regarding broken promises if they aren't met. (In my experience, few people take notice of the E in ETA.)

Far as I know, there's no way to have an orange set of pvp gear at 50 with mods equal to the pvp armor.

i was gonna work up to getting a decent set of pvp gear. however it looks horrific and im pretty into aesthetics so i wont be bothering with that. the helmet looks like something out of world war 1.

whats worse is champion, centurion and battlemaster is all the same for sentinel just different colours, so i have no ambition to nail pvp at the moment.

I think a massive mistake was made by Bioware..

They came up with a great system of orange items from level 11 - 50. It gave all players options to look the way they want.. And I think everyone would agree it was an excellent implementation.. And then we got to 50 and started to farm PVP gear. SWTOR has now joined the rank of very other game that everyone are not clones of each other and running around looking exactly the same..

With the system already in place.. I just can't believe PVP gear wasn't just modules for items like it has been through out the game..

I totally agree that everyone will look the same which is really, really lame. Bioware should allow us to take the armor mods from PvP armor so we can create our own look.

Far as I know, there's no way to have an orange set of pvp gear at 50 with mods equal to the pvp armor.

To be fair to him dude, if you actually read what he says then you'll see the answer to your question. He tells you about this post - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1398252#edit1398252

End game gear is going to be moddable, as well as extra bonuses from PVP and PVE moving across with the mods.

Why post a low rez image like that for people to judge the JK armor? I love the look (with helm off) Yes I think we need to be able to change it like Orange gear and that's the way it was in beta and it looks like it will come back! to see how sweet this armor on looks check out the images here http://www.swtorface.com/2012/01/swtor-its-all-about-look.html

Why post a low rez image like that for people to judge the JK armor? I love the look (with helm off) Yes I think we need to be able to change it like Orange gear and that's the way it was in beta and it looks like it will come back! to see how sweet this armor on looks check out the images here http://www.swtorface.com/2012/01/swtor-its-all-about-look.html

If that is a more accurate in game pic then I'm missing the issue here...looks fine to me *shrugs*

Hi Alexious,

Style is something that is very subjective and what some people love, others find unacceptable. The solution to that lies in allowing players to control their own style, a function that the core game currently provides via customizable (orange) gear.

Please see Emmanuel's post on extending orange gear viability into endgame to get an idea of our intentions. Obviously, new appearances will also be added to the game over time as well.

Regards

Georg

You say that orange gear adds customizability, but I'm not sure if you noticed this but you put the expertise stat (the most important PvP stat) on the item so we cannot even customize it at all, we HAVE to wear this PvP gear...You didn't even add a color crystal slot to the PvP weapon so I can't even customize that...Not to mention the addition of set bonuses which locks you in even further.

Why did you even bother adding the mod system if you were going to screw PvPers over with it? I was excited to be able to choose the lightsaber color of my choice, especially since I want nothing to do with the Black Bladed lightsaber colors but I don't have that option.

I think I heard you guys say at one point that it would allow people to gear up too quickly? well then restrict the mods to specific pieces? if you get a chest piece then only allow the player to swap them into another chest piece.

I don't see how difficult that would be, once I found out that I wasn't going to be able to customize my PvP gear I was extremely disappointed and then I found out that the PvP lightsaber doesn't even have a color crystal slot...I just don't understand why I went through the entire leveling process having a wonderful time with the modding system only to be restricted to one set of gear and a lightsaber color that doesn't even fit my character.

Also, I play an Assassin and you couldn't even bother to make two different armor sets for the two different advance classes? I don't want to look like a sorcerer as an Assassin...it doesn't fit the class at all. Do you guys even realize that advance classes are the classes of this game? not just an excuse to make 4 sets of gear and change the color on them? I understood why you made them in the first place for story and dialogue purposes and it would have been a huge undertaking to create dialogue and story for all 8 classes but you couldn't have at least made separate looking gear?

So please don't tell us that we can use orange gear when you clearly locked us into the PvP gear with no chance of customizability and all, Please add customizability to PvP gear please or at least design gear that fits our classes. Remember Bioware this isn't World of Warcraft, this is Star Wars, we don't need giant shoulderpads or eccentric robes with feathers on their heads. We want simple robes, hoods, masks and armor.

You did a great job with the Trooper armor but I'm not sure what direction you were going with other classes.