Jedi Knights PvP gear is unacceptably pathetic. Be united against it!

Alexious

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/signed

it's ugly, horrible and scary that someone could do a mess like that.

I have even started playing sent just to stay calm.

Hope someday there will be a cloth heavy for guardians as they are the force of the jedis. Main characters from all of the movies..

Playing back on guard and hoping when I ding 50 there will be no more mess.. ;/

http://imgur.com/yzVbx

I think we can easily ALL agree on this. Not only Sentinel and Guardian seem to have the same armor (which makes no sense at all), but it's also outrageously horrific.

THAT is supposed to be a Jedi? Really? There are some awesome armors in this game, including PvE ones which I dig a lot. But this is unacceptable.

It's not even the Samurai look, which could be passed as different. The helmet is the least worrysome part of the set. But the chest, the boots, the leggings, and come on, that thing on the back? We ain't Troopers!

Sign this for developer attention. I personally won't be using this armor set even if it means losing the Expertise.

I have to admit, that is pretty bad. Fire that artist now before he makes any more.

Edit: also, that is a BS post Georg.

Edited by Skizzik

I have to say I completely agree with most people here that the PvP armor options are terrible where the Jedi are concerned. I've seen some of the Sith gear and its pretty awesome. A Jedi, especially a high "ranking" one, should look the part. Not to mention that by the cannon, they are simplistic and modest. Why can't we get some stuff that looks like what they were wearing in the Hope/Deceived/Return Cinematics? Robes on top, armor underneath. Maybe an option to wear the hood up or down.They should be nimble and classy but modest. Not covered in gold metal with crappy helmets. And what is with all these "goggle" options for head gear? Has anyone ever, seen a Jedi wear such things? The bands are kinda cool, but goggles?

Just my thoughts, but I find myself going to great lengths to get high enough level mods for orange gear that I like so I can avoid that kind of high level ugly gear.

I too was rather disappointed when I saw this. After playing primarily on Empire and seeing the set Inquisitors had access to, I was expecting something equally as unique. Not only did this armour set really strike me as odd, but the Trooper one garnered the same reaction. The black steel plate on the chest actually made me think for a second that my model in the appearance window was glitching out and that I could see through myself. Also just looks really blocky. Doesn't give an imposing, agressive vibe at all.

Custom gear (orange) has no level. Its level is derived from the modifications you slot into it.

So yes, you can make any gear in the game that fits your class level 50+ after the changes Emmanuel described happen.

A few notes:

When we reply to one post, we can't address all other questions that the community might come up with. Stuff like, hoods, adding more armor variation, etc. are all things we've taken note of and when we have something to announce, you will hear from us. We've always said we wanted to have customer demand driven development after launch and some of the things you've read about are just the first in a long list of things we want to do or are discussing right now.

Please also be mindful that we're not often going to give ETAs. An ETA, even though it's estimated, is essentially a promise - and that limits our ability to prioritize our development based on actual severity and impact and that is not a smart thing to do. They also create a lot of bad blood regarding broken promises if they aren't met. (In my experience, few people take notice of the E in ETA.)

Georg, I'm praying to GOD you're actually putting the "large butt feature" in the "ETC.", cause if it's not fixed, you realized 90% of the Jedi gear is HORRIBLE.

When a man looks like a woman, that's not style or preferences, that's a terrible failure.

Look at that.

http://i42.tinypic.com/14w9ls4.png

Find ONE man who actually LIKES that. Not 'doesn't mind', actually like. You won't find any.

Edited by Strayth

How could anyone hate rocket booster samurai jedi?! Its a marvelous design, it hits everything jedi are about, rockets and samurai armor! The only things its missing are wings and horns and a racing stripe, then it will true have everything you'd expect from a Jedi in SWtoR. Bravo art team, bravo!

Meh, I am okay with the look of the PvP gear, it's certainly not the best designed set in the game, but it's not nearly as horrible as you would think from the posts in this thread.

As soon as the modding update is released the whole issue will become mood anyway.

Also I reject the idea that anybody could dislike space samurai, space samurai > all, exept maybe for space cowboys.

Meh, I am okay with the look of the PvP gear, it's certainly not the best designed set in the game, but it's not nearly as horrible as you would think from the posts in this thread.

As soon as the modding update is released the whole issue will become mood anyway.

Also I reject the idea that anybody could dislike space samurai, space samurai > all, exept maybe for space cowboys.

You're gonna tell us it's ok to have Kim Kardashian's butt as a Jedi Knight too ?

need to add my voice to this one, it just doesn't look "jedi-ish" the level 40 knight pvp armour looks much better.

but... there are people who like this, so I think taking it out would be unfair, at this point it needs 2 options, the techno-samurai look and a more traditional jedi knight look.

not sure how this would be implemented though and if it could retroactively change already purchased pieces.

Edited by Roak

You're gonna tell us it's ok to have Kim Kardashian's butt as a Jedi Knight too ?

Why should anyone not be in favour of a bug that drastically improves the bootyliciousness of the Republic's proud guardians?

But in all seriousness, no I am not happy about this bug, although it doesn't rank high on the list of bugs that, well, bug me, since you can ignore it 80 percent of the time; all in all I apologise for voicing an opinion that differs from the majority, and promise that I'll try to behave from now on.

Why should anyone not be in favour of a bug that drastically improves the bootyliciousness of the Republic's proud guardians?

But in all seriousness, no I am not happy about this bug, although it doesn't rank high on the list of bugs that, well, bug me, since you can ignore it 80 percent of the time; all in all I apologise for voicing an opinion that differs from the majority, and promise that I'll try to behave from now on.

It's not about voicing a minority opinion, it's more about "look at all those magnificent Jedi gear we got in the game !!!" we got in dozen of trailers, screenshots, etc...

To finally realize that all there is for us, is ugly gear (look at those textures...) with a huge booty, no hood down, and when we finally got one that has none of these problems...

It's a space samurai suit.

I honestly feel I've been trolled by Bioware. Really.

Though to be fair, I could care less about the "end game gear", as what bugs me the most, is having a ridiculous Jedi Knight in all my story cut scenes :/ . Way to completely destroy my immersion.

Seriously, I think robes should be a separate armor slot instead of part of the chest slot. Channel the sith and Jedi in the deceived video. Allow us to wear robes over our armor or go without and look like a trooper samurai guy. I'd like to see it wear we can choose hood up or down and choose belt over or under the robes. Please simplify the armor. We don't want to look like megazords and all the force users will be happy for it I think. I feel so strongly about this that I would rather play an underpowered class with great looking gear than look like something from a Japanese anime series. Thank you ladies and gentlemen and goodnight.

It's not about voicing a minority opinion, it's more about "look at all those magnificent Jedi gear we got in the game !!!" we got in dozen of trailers, screenshots, etc...

To finally realize that all there is for us, is ugly gear (look at those textures...) with a huge booty, no hood down, and when we finally got one that has none of these problems...

It's a space samurai suit.

Believe me, the hood problem bugs me too, enought to still wear a level 35 medium chestpiece on my level 46 Guardian, and I also know that if the butt bug hits your eye, it hits hard, I simply think that the PvP gear is not nearly as eye searing as reading this thread would make you think; at least it has no hood...