Let BioWare know you support custom gear

Ruan

How about I review each peice, so bioware understands what the hell is wrong.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...WarriorPvP.jpg

Doesn't look a horrible as some, but does it fit into star wars? The points could go

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...WarriorPvE.jpg

The helm is buttugly, along with the sholderpads, rest is not murdering my eyes the colors could be improved. Flat black and red areas (like vader or emporers guard), and other areas purely metal would look better then a odd mix. A coherent piece of power armor like space marines would do wonders.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...uisitorPvP.jpg

Oh my god, this is so bad I want to switch to sith warrior so I don't have to see this. Clearly people are playing sorcerers because they are powerfull, and not because of this abomination. Like... simple black robes.... they are good enough for the emporer, and myserious.... why... can't we have them. Anything but this.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...uisitorPvE.jpg

This pointy headed tinman has a double dose of stupid to it, but I still would wear it over abomination 1 for inquisotrs. This could be a half decent armor if they got rid of the pointy head and sholderpads, you know like dearth basus. If you can design major characters to be not retarded in design, allow players to do the same.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...yHunterPvP.jpg

The hell is this, from familar armored plates of boba fett and 'normal' combat and power armor we get stuff that looks like its from aliens with no sense of fashion.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...yHunterPvE.jpg

Half decent in not murdering my eyes, still why can't we have tarro bloods armor, the black talon or boba's. This is a heavly downgraded version of mandolorian. The color scheme doesn't help it

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...R/AgentPvP.jpg

Hey its not murder like the rest of them. Its like even better then the warriors, its actually good. Kind of high tech, kind of uniform, no horribly large shoulder pads. It looks like something that would fit in star wars and not fantagia mobile suits korean/japanese MMO.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...R/AgentPvE.jpg

Kind of different, but also looks like a ninja. Some junk on one sholderpad is out of place, and orange is not really epic as black or blue or gray. The blinking eyes could be replaced with a visor or black holes to look less like a comical robot.

People must play BH and inquisitor for game play mechanics and not end game armor. Because that stuff is murder to the eyes. I think I might have to switch to warrior or agent if I might be stuck with that.

Why can't my avatar be end game sith? Clearly the art department was not designing armor.

Edited by patoman

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I would love to have the possibility to fully customise my gear even on level 50. My sniper could keep the perfect look of Black Talon Operative’s Jacket...

OP's ideas and suggestions how to solve the corresponding problems sound reasonable to me.

I do worry about this when my characters start reaching higher levels. I've got my Jedi Consular looking pretty much how I want him to look, and after taking a gander at some of the PvP and higher end gear, I'm not really digging how some of the items look.

It'd be nice if they gave Armorsmiths and Synthweavers some sort of high-end ability to remove stats from one item and "plug them in" to an item that you find visually appealing. That way I get the stats that I'm looking for, but I'm also getting the look and feel I'm wanting as well.

The current situation with end game gear and item modifications isn’t final and, in fact, many community members like yourself have correctly guessed at what our plans to correct the current design are.

Since this is a fairly important issue to many players, let me disclose more details about what is currently in the work regarding purple items and mods:

- All partially moddable purple items will be made fully moddable again, allowing the removal of the armoring, hilt and barrel.

- The set bonus of end gear purples (PVP and PVE) will be transferable to custom items.

- Some item modifications will be restricted to a certain item type. For example, some item modifications will only fit on helmets, while other will only fit on chests, etc.

As usual, the caveats about unfinished work apply, but this should give you and the community a very good idea of our intentions. We are serious about making custom gear an entirely valid alternative to end game gear and we support the players’ ability to customize their appearance all the way to (and including) end game.

Is there an ETA on this? I am bumping this to ensure you guy follow through!

I think some type of ETA is in order! :)

Can't they just put in a costume / wardrobe / appearance option like in Rifts and LoTRO? You can choose any gear you pick up to be your character's cosmetic appearance. This way you do not have to mess with stats, modding, or imbalance. You can use any of the thousands of armor pieces in the game to create the look you want.

Why is this not an option? Seems like a much easier fix than all the orange item balancing.

What about appereance transfer option? Why can't i (as a smuggler) buy (with imperial char) from imperial GTN some imperial agent cool gear (head slot mainly), sell it on HTN, buy it on HTN and have proffit?

Also why can't i o this to sith appereance stuff? I bet on high prices for sith robes and headgears on republic GTN. Isn't this a real smuggling?

As I look ahead to end-game gear progression options, one thing

becomes perfectly clear: BioWare is going to decide how I look and I

will look just like every other Sith Warrior in the galaxy. I'm going

to try to be as clear as possible for BioWare's sake:

I do not want to wear the ugly end game armor sets you have created.

Add an Appearance tab - get rid of orange gear. Orange gear makes the crafting professions a joke, and needs to either be seriously changed, or done away with.

Very well said. I like getting to choose how I look.

Personally, my bf and I already talked about this and we actually try to keep a certain amount of space for our characters "wardrobes". We figure, for now at least, that when they go into high level stuff that the gear in question is essentially their uniform and that outside of this, when RPing or exploring, etc. we can wear other stuff and be fine.

It's not perfect but at least we've attempted to create a solution until we know all the details of what BioWare is going to do with regard to this.

For me, trying to collect as much different unique stuff for my character (I tend to focus on pants, shirts and boots) keeps me busy. But I can certainly understand this wouldn't be for everyone. :)

Just my thoughts.

Sorry if I am a total noob, but here is my question: will we be able to take the mods out of one purple item, and put them in another? For instance, will I be able to put my PvP champion gear stats into my PvE tionese gear? Or are we just restricted to putting mods into orange items?

it would be awesome to run around in PvP wearing PvE tionese gear, but have the bonuses of my champ gear :)

Worst case, if we can't at least be able to use moddable gear in HM Flashpoints and Operations, I'd like to see vanity gear options.

In LotRO, you have a separate wardrobe in which you can place a given number of items (account-wide, accessible by all of your characters). All parts of your armor appearance were covered: chestpiece, leggings, hat, gloves, cloak, etc. This way, you could have the distinct appearance you're looking to have, yet still have the best Isengard-expansion gear equipped. This function turned off for the Ettenmoors PvP (so as to avoid having tanks appear to be healers, due to wearing robes), which made sense. WoW implemented a similar concept through transmogrification, and Guild Wars has costume gear you can wear as well for visual purposes.

It always bothered me running around in WoW wearing the same exact latest raid gear available. It took away from a sense of individuality - something I found in LotRO. For that reason, I'd like to see something such as a vanity wardrobe, costume gear, transmogrification, etc. in SW:TOR.

Uhm also it would be much simpler if they'd do something like, since for example the Centurion headpiece is 39 commendations. Make each of the respective mods 13 commendations something like: "Centurion Headpiece X mod".