Mako-companion help!

Macnord

Hi you;)

Question anyone tjat can help me understand Mako!?

I struggel with making chooses between good and imperial, sometimes when choosing good she add affection and sometimes she dosent?

Is she imperial or not arena like she some times like when i go imperial bit not if its too evil or something like that?

Thx for any help;)

She likes confidence and she likes credits.

this, she likes it when you display confidence, but not when you act like an ***.

She does not like it when you are needlessly cruel.

Any chance you get to make credits she likes.

She is a good Light Side companion. Dark side she will drive you freaking nuts.

She's a bounty hunter/slicer, but kind at heart. She wants you to act like a bounty hunter, so always after more credits, the job, the mission. She also likes confidence, but not ******e cockyness. But the kind part of her heart wants you to care about peoples emotions, and be considerate to people when you have the choice.

So,

Go for money.

Care about her emotions.

Be confident but not ******e.

Let people live (only one + rep with her on a murder darkside choice so far at 31)

Always be trying to avenge Brayden and win the hunt.

Ask slicing/techy questions

If she has some "interesting things" she starts talking about, always pick the one that's wants her to elaborate.

In other words, she's a typical woman. Money, confidence, emotions.

Oh and one last thing...she detests the empire/republic war. You will be asked a LOT of questions about your stance. She wants you to be a mandalorian bounty hunter, not an empire bounty hunter. As often as you get a chance, renounce yourself as independant and that it isn't your war (typical answers are "im just doing a job" or "this isn't my battle"). TONS of affection points to be gained there.

I hate her with a vengeance but...she is a good comp for combat, I am DS and will stay, can't end up with negative affection right!?

I also hate it when the green healing effect gets stucks on me graphicaly but that's not the fault of this Goody Two Shoes.

I found this on torhead

What Mako LIKES (Gains Affection)

-Professionalism- If the client wants something done discretely, that's what they get.

-Bounty Hunters- Kinda given considering she hooked up with you. Exception being your "Nemesis" (no spoilers) feel free to threaten to kill him/her/it lots for +affection

-Making Money- She's all about the credits. Do the job the way the client asks (with few exceptions).

-Freedom- She doesn't like being under anybody's yoke. I've gotten a LOT of affection for "I don't work for the Empire" or "I work for myself"

-Kindness- (Very Tricky) Help the helpless for +affection. There are plenty of +LightSide options for this and if the job requires you to kill someone i've seen options for "I'll make it quick so you don't suffer for some +affection. Especially if the character is FEMALE. She doesn't seem to much care if you're mean to aliens.

-Information Gathering- Not in the Codex, but there are lots of options when you ask for more information that gives +affection

-Confidence- Again, not in Codex, but plenty of them too. it's hard to tell where Confidence ends and Arrogance (see Snob) begins...

What Mako HATES (Loses Affection)

-Bullying- Threatening or Offering to kill people generally loses affection with her

-Cruelty- Excess Violence and Bloodshed is not for her. if she's being paid to kill somebody that's fine, just don't raze a whole village and expect her to like you.

-Snob- Being an all around arrogant slimeball is something that she does not like. kinda tricky.

I too struggled with Mako as did the OP, until I realized something. Ask yourself what's more important; your enjoyment of the game, or Mako's?

Companion gifts are the key to your freedom. Be the evil merciless bastard that you truly want to be in your heart. If she has a problem with it, put her in her place and tell her to shut up. You'll be able to buy her love and make her forget all about that mass grave of marks that you've left in your wake anyway.

I hate her with a vengeance but...she is a good comp for combat, I am DS and will stay, can't end up with negative affection right!?

I also hate it when the green healing effect gets stucks on me graphicaly but that's not the fault of this Goody Two Shoes.

I have heard that if you tick them off too much they can split on you, but I have never actually seen anything to confirm this.

Edited by Baizak

The previous posters have it spot on and have some greate advice for you there so I won't repeat all of what was said. I just wanted to add that there are many times when you get two dark side choices and several points in the game where you get two options for killing someone. In those cases Mako cares about motivation for doing the killing. If you are doing it for enjoyment or cruelty she will hate you for it. However, if you do kill with compansion or express that you feel bad about doing this and it is just your job, or that you kill them quickly so they don't suffer she really likes that. She understands killing comes with the job and has a sense of honor behind it all.

the best thing to do with Mako is put her to work on the ship.

You'll miss the healing initially, but when Gault shows up, a magical thing starts to happen- You Death From Above a pack of enemies, and then they don't get back up.

Why don't they get back up? Well that's easy- Gault shot them. He shot them, and they stayed down, because Gault shot them. Because Gault is Satan in a hunting jacket.

You aren't going to need a pocket healer if your enemies are too dead to hurt you. That's Gault's job, and he's good at it.

Gault also has a little ability I like to call "Bounty Hunter's best friend." He's throws a grenade full of green paint at people, and enemy who get painted green magically light up your RAIL SHOT button.

But the best part of Gault is that when Gault is around, its always PRIME TIME FOR CRIME TIME. He loves it when you talk about doing dirt, even more than Mako.

I took all DS choices so I could buy DS gear, I am working on affection with Mako (currently about half way). It helps that I was a Slicer and now I do Diplomacy, as I can get gifts. If you take Diplomacy you can work on your LS/DS at the same time as companion rep, as the crew missions give LS or DS depending on what you choose.

The advice in this thread is solid. Note that you can always hit [ESC] and try the conversation again if your character does not say what you expected based on the summary. I have often encountered this issue.

Probably the easiest way to gain affection rapidly with Mako is to run Black Talon repeatedly after determining the best responses for each conversation. You can gain over 400 affection per run and it goes quickly once you have out leveled it.

She's a bounty hunter/slicer, but kind at heart. She wants you to act like a bounty hunter, so always after more credits, the job, the mission. She also likes confidence, but not ******e cockyness. But the kind part of her heart wants you to care about peoples emotions, and be considerate to people when you have the choice.

So,

Go for money.

Care about her emotions.

Be confident but not ******e.

Let people live (only one + rep with her on a murder darkside choice so far at 31)

Always be trying to avenge Brayden and win the hunt.

Ask slicing/techy questions

If she has some "interesting things" she starts talking about, always pick the one that's wants her to elaborate.

In other words, she's a typical woman. Money, confidence, emotions.

ROFL, except when I sent my woman out on a mission I never gain any money back, just lose it.

• 3 months later...
the best thing to do with Mako is put her to work on the ship.

You'll miss the healing initially, but when Gault shows up, a magical thing starts to happen- You Death From Above a pack of enemies, and then they don't get back up.

Why don't they get back up? Well that's easy- Gault shot them. He shot them, and they stayed down, because Gault shot them. Because Gault is Satan in a hunting jacket.

You aren't going to need a pocket healer if your enemies are too dead to hurt you. That's Gault's job, and he's good at it.

Gault also has a little ability I like to call "Bounty Hunter's best friend." He's throws a grenade full of green paint at people, and enemy who get painted green magically light up your RAIL SHOT button.

But the best part of Gault is that when Gault is around, its always PRIME TIME FOR CRIME TIME. He loves it when you talk about doing dirt, even more than Mako.

lol I see now the error of my ways. This post made me laugh and laugh and laugh, why ? Because I hate mako, I wish I had a shock collar I could throw on her or space her. Miss her healing you say ? Well she only heals me mostly out of combat and fires her pistol until I'm 30% or lower health then she throws a hot or two on me and goes back to fighting. And that's when she heals me most times she doesn't. One out twelve fights she heals properly but never on the important fights.

Mako as a love interest is uninteresting shes a kid and I'd rather a BH have options kind of like that mentor you have in the great hunt. Now she's a woman and a thousand times more interesting, built like a woman too. I think the bounty hunter romance would be much more interesting if you had a better choice.

I don't worry about her affection anymore, I caught myself making choices because "mako likes it" early on then I said screw that and got gifts. She pretty much lost all credibility on alderaan when she goes against the bounty hunter code.

All this time I didn't use gault because I thought I need heals. If I could get rid of Mako I would. And I mean in a permanent unreversable way.

Mako is annoying. I play the game as a merciless bounty hunter, and every decision I make she doesn't like. You'd think by now she'd learn to deal with it. Yes, I'm gonna shoot this guy. No, I don't care about the villagers. Why do these things still surprise her? When she first offered to join, I said get lost! She joined anyway, so she needs to learn to deal with it. Screw her anyway. Like the guy before me said, Gault is the way to go. I can heal myself just fine.

As far as romance goes, I'd sooner punt her out of an airlock than marry her. Looks like I'll be a bachelor.

Edited by Dahnnauven

Oh and one last thing...she detests the empire/republic war. You will be asked a LOT of questions about your stance. She wants you to be a mandalorian bounty hunter, not an empire bounty hunter. As often as you get a chance, renounce yourself as independant and that it isn't your war (typical answers are "im just doing a job" or "this isn't my battle"). TONS of affection points to be gained there.

Feel the need to correct this. Mako doesn't want you to be a Mandalorian bounty hunter. She just wants you to be a bounty hunter. Torian wants you to be Mandalorian. There are many many choices a Mandalorian would make that earn you -40 or more with Mako.

I love Mako, but the posts bashing her were awesome, especially Doozzer's and Dahnnauven's.

Maybe it's because I'm a girl and I like to play on the light side, but I never had problems with Mako...She always likes my answers and I never had to try to please her...Even in Alderaan when I hit a noble guy who was being really obnoxious she was cool about it...She even liked me more.

I think it's funny how much she heals you out of combat...I get out of my mount, she heals me. I speak to a vendor, she heals me. I close my bag, there she is, healing me again! It's like she has OCD or something! Maybe she is just protective of me because we are such good friends...

Back to Macnord's question. AdakiasX and Baracca gave you great advice...If you still have any doubts or something new come up, just try to imagine if it was real life...what would a "typical" girl like? I mean, we are so used to blow up stuff and kill random characters, but in real life you would care about the poor villagers and stuff. There's no need to be too nice either, only jedi can be good all the time..A normal person would get pissed off by arrogant people and would do what was necessary to save their own skin. Mako is not so at all hard to read if you have that in mind.