I feel bad for those who've reached level 50 already.

Sinister-Sith

It's taking me a long time just to break 30, and some are at level 50 already? The amount of XP required for that is HUGE. I really haven't any idea how some players have managed to get to level 50, even before the game was officially released, unless they just sat at their computers like drones.

Do players not have priorities or responsibilities? Just curious, because I have seen the argument, "WAIT TIL YOU GET TO 50! IT'LL BE BORING!". Um, yeah... no doubt! Especially when the majority of us are still at level 20 or so.

I'm having the time of my life both on the PVE and on the PVP. Graphics are fantastic, storyline is fantastic, the quests are FANTASTIC!!! Everything about this game, I love. :-)

Not a fanboy because I drifted away from the SW series prior to getting TOR, but it has dragged me back in. I have been wanting to buy things (figures, comics, books, the movies, various other collectibles, etc) involved wit the series ever since I started playing.

10/10 for this game, no joke.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hit 50 a little bit ago and it was easy. I don't space bar convos but I do happen to have a lot of free time so I play a LOT. I had fun getting 50 and I'm going to have fun doing stuff at 50.

Hey its easy to spend all your time killing mobs and spamming spacebar when you got no job and mommy makes you sandwiches all day long.

For the rest of us that don't play more than 30 hours a week, the game content is just fine.

Edited by dargor-

Unfortunately for most of them they just missed out on the great stories this game has to offer by doing the following:

spacebar spacebar spacebar

This. Only the story missions I listened to, the rest is filler. There were a few planets that had interesting stories I actually paid attention to, otherwise meet-and-greet and fetch x,y,z called for spacebar mashing.

Edited by LexiCazam
Spam - quote

It's taking me a long time just to break 30, and some are at level 50 already? The amount of XP required for that is HUGE. I really haven't any idea how some players have managed to get to level 50, even before the game was officially released, unless they just sat at their computers like drones.

Do players not have priorities or responsibilities? Just curious, because I have seen the argument, "WAIT TIL YOU GET TO 50! IT'LL BE BORING!". Um, yeah... no doubt! Especially when the majority of us are still at level 20 or so.

I'm having the time of my life both on the PVE and on the PVP. Graphics are fantastic, storyline is fantastic, the quests are FANTASTIC!!! Everything about this game, I love. :-)

Not a fanboy because I drifted away from the SW series prior to getting TOR, but it has dragged me back in. I have been wanting to buy things (figures, comics, books, the movies, various other collectibles, etc) involved wit the series ever since I started playing.

My priorities are out of alignment because I made level 50 in a video game, yet you're having THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE playing the game? Pot meet kettle.

I reached 50, wasn't hard. I also listened to all the conversations that I got and didn't rush it. However rather then sit around going jesus christ this sucks I made an alt and now play 3 different other characters, progressing their CQ as I see fit. Edited by truedark

My priorities are out of alignment because I made level 50 in a video game, yet you're having THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE playing the game? Pot meet kettle.

It's called a figure of speech. I'm not really having the time of my life, but it is definitely fun.

And yes, your priorities do need aligning.

Hey its easy to spend all your time killing mobs and spamming spacebar when you got no job and mommy makes you sandwiches all day long.

For the rest of us that don't play more than 30 hours a week, the game content is just fine.

Stuff like this is rediculous. I got layed off from my job, my fiance still works and I stay home with my kid all day. Obviously I get time to play TOR. I reach 50 two days ago, never skipping a single scene and doing all the bonus series.

It does not take that long to do it, I have about 6 days /played in total most of wich is spent afking when my son needs something.

Edited by Bryoal

It's called a figure of speech. I'm not really having the time of my life, but it is definitely fun.

And yes, your priorities do need aligning.

Not really buddy. It does not take long at all to hit max level in this game. It took like 7 days of casual play. Just because you're incapable of doing it doesn't mean it's hard. :D

Only reason im not 50th yet (48 atm) is my fiancee and the reason that we play together so i usualy had to wait for her (Im at home 2-3 hours earlier then her) so the rest of time I send on craft/AH and pvp with my alt ( 27 lvl jsut from pvp not signle Q after lvl 10)

btw :

sorry english isnt my native language (my grammar sucks im aware of it)....

I have been playing for a total of 1 day and like 10 hours and i am level 26... so obviously i really isnt hard to hit max level in this game because it only took me one day of gameplay to get half the max level... so yea its not hard to reach the max level even if im only half the max level i can get like 3 levels a day if i really tried... i have been doing that that past few days and yea it is pretty damn easy and i cant wait to get to a 50 because this story line is awesome and i do like every single side quest :p i even listen to the sidequests story lines because it is pretty interesting to me... i have seen posts where people think this game is gonna fail but i can tell when a game will fail or not... when there are over 1 million subscribers the first week the game wont fail... when there is over 24 million hours of gameplay the first week the game wont fail... when i can sit there at the comp all day because im on break... this game isnt going to fail because it is really hard for me to sit down and play a game all day that i dont like and im sure 90% of the people who play this game have been doing the same exact thing so this game overall is probably one of the best games i have ever played along with Skyrim,Fallout,and the COD games :p

Yep, they got to 50. They did what you'll be doing over 30 days, in under 7.

They're probably more efficient, seeing as they have holidays and dont have to care about sleeping in.

I never spacebar'd through conversations when I hit my first 50 until I rolled an alt. No use hearing the same NPC asking me to do the same thing again with little variety in the task.

Meaniwhile... Legacy Rank 13 and nothing to show for that either!

The main problem is with most people "being slow levelers" is that they have this strange need/desire to do every heroic quest on their journey. Perhaps the need and desire to run every flashpoint too... when in fact those are hurdles thrown in the path of leveling to give you something else to do (not to mention EVERY heroic in the game is a daily lol).

I've seen people spam in /1 for a group to get a heroic 4 done from the time I landed on a planet with my alt until the time I left only doing my class quest/primary planet arc/solo planet side quests. To each their own, but those heroics don't add any depth to the story experience as most of the conversation happens at the quest giver and the turn in doesn't usually give you any social points either :p

Edited by Sardoni

Some people are at home for different reasons...... One example is a good friend I play with, hard worker but now works from home doing internet business, earns plenty of moeny but has given himself a few weeks off to play swotr, how is that a lazy, bad, mummy boy thing to do?

You sir have no foresight of what you speak and are ignorant to a common genre.

Oh gosh, someone played the game a bit longer than you so they're most likely a dropout in society! Grow up.

I'll spend longer than I should on a level session, but there are always people who somehow get "there" faster than me. I've never once tried to defend my ego with worrying if they have friends or get laid or passed high school or leave the house. Which brings me to a significant point: SWTOR seems to have a lot of young players, perhaps they can afford 14 hour play sessions since school is so trivial to do well in? :p

When they're 50 theyll immediently quit or roll alts, anyway.

Read every story, played ever instance, 50 after a week, and having a blast, not boring at all. HAve priorities as well as responsibilities, I just better at leveling then you are apparently.

you are also a tool.

If you take your time and listen to all the voiceovers, you'll need about 120 hours to get to 50. (Unless you waste loads of time looking for groups etc). I did this in my first week of vacation (playing 16-17 hours a day is nothing extraordinary for me).

If you skip all that and just level efficiently, you need maybe 70-80 hours. That's just playing without durdling around.

If you really want to power level, I'm sure it can be done in 40-50 hours.

So in short: leveling doesn't take much time, except if you are really horrible at it.