Too many Elite mobs ingame..

Kunra

I personally find that none of the elite and strong mobs in this game part of your class quest line are too hard. Some encounters may need some tuning but overall it's fine. The bonus objectives and heroic missions are optional, if you don't have the time or find them too hard: skip them! You have the choice to do so. You won't necessarily lose out anyway, most loot rewards contains of recommendation and some rare pieces otherwise available through other means as well.

I envy your gaming abilities. I truely do. But it's not the optional elites that have beaten down my enthusiasm, rather the class quest elites. Make a game challenging by all means, but I'm sorry some of the class quest elites are just too ridiculously overpowered. Combine that with the fact that only one of each class can progress their story in a particular class instance (well thought out on that one Bioware :confused: ) and I'm having real problems getting a group together to assist me.

At the end of the day I have to ask myself why I am paying US$15 a month to Bioware for a game that is so agrivatingly hard to play when I could be paying US$15 a month to Blizzard and having fun.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that I'm the only casual gamer mulling over that.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many Silver Elites in general grinding/questing areas, imo.

And do we really need almost every single quest to end with a Gold Elite(usually with multiple mobs around him)?

Do not listen to this person.

The variety in mob strengths is good.

Elites are good.

This game is fine for anyone with a clue so encourage people to get a clue, learn how to play their characters, and don't cave in and make the game easy and boring.

If you can't drop an elite by solo (with companion) you simply aren't taking care of your gear and/or aren't playing your class to its full potential. Push yourself. You can do it.

Not all quests or chains end in elites. Not all of them have friends... And speaking of friends, since this is a massively multiplayer online and social game, you could alway smake some friends and suddenly *poof* this issue vanishes.

People have no desire to group and who want to force soloing thru a multiplayer/social game deserve to suffer, IMO, not that you really suffer much in any recent MMORPG.

What a load of rubbish!

The game for an MMO is just right imo, maybe even too easy.

I go out of my way to hunt down the named champs!

Most named champions hit like kittens though. Some are a bit more difficult like those with adds or spamming DoTs + AC debuffs.

The real tough ones in heroic areas and missions do pack a punch though. Like I could solo most of Cleanse the Corrupted on Voss but last boss was fairly un-soloable for me at 48ish :p

At least on my OP with overgeared Scorpio out, might try again with my Juggernaut since I can interrupt and move alot better than a tanking puppet.

Most named champions hit like kittens though. Some are a bit more difficult like those with adds or spamming DoTs + AC debuffs.

The real tough ones in heroic areas and missions do pack a punch though. Like I could solo most of Cleanse the Corrupted on Voss but last boss was fairly un-soloable for me at 48ish :p

At least on my OP with overgeared Scorpio out, might try again with my Juggernaut since I can interrupt and move alot better than a tanking puppet.

Yeah the random ones here and there are not hard but the ones at the end of a heroic 2+ are harder and those are the ones I go for. I never ask for help with HC2+

But thinking about it this is on a healing sorc with Khem val as my tank, I don't know if I could do it on a 2 x dps team for example, never tried.

Point being the game difficulty is fine.

edit: I went and did Cademimu at lvl 30 with me, my companion tank and 2 x dps (we couldnt find a tank for ages in LFG) and it was easy. In fact the 2 dps died on the last boss (the one with the flames) and I was left to solo it and it was easy as ****.

Edited by Tillycat

I envy your gaming abilities. I truely do. But it's not the optional elites that have beaten down my enthusiasm, rather the class quest elites. Make a game challenging by all means, but I'm sorry some of the class quest elites are just too ridiculously overpowered. Combine that with the fact that only one of each class can progress their story in a particular class instance (well thought out on that one Bioware :confused: ) and I'm having real problems getting a group together to assist me.

At the end of the day I have to ask myself why I am paying US$15 a month to Bioware for a game that is so agrivatingly hard to play when I could be paying US$15 a month to Blizzard and having fun.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that I'm the only casual gamer mulling over that.

Skill-wise I am far from pro really. I am pretty much average maybe even below that. It all comes down to three things: knowledge, preparation and execution. In most class missions you don't get to prepare or do some recon, so you suffer from conversation deaths which are embarrassing but in a second go avoidable. The tuning right there is about getting the ratio between preparation and ad hoc execution right and reduce some irritating debuff stacking which hit some classes harder than others.

Like as Op I died a stupid death because I let myself getting zerged, but then I noticed two destructible Kolto tanks (adding a HoT) and wished I saw them earlier. Sometimes I wished the mob would just block your exit but stand outside aggro range. Nobody even the most skilled player likes getting swarmed by six rage-buffed vibroblade-wielding berserkers with almost no health but 100% two-shot chance thanks to 3 m proximity to everyone of those and their nicely fast-stacking AC debuffs. :p

Overall I also noticed from helping others that they were not using all their abilities they had, a timed interrupt can save a day, so can movement and checking distance to mob.

Also: Keep yourself buffed. It's embarrassing how many people I have met who have until late 40s not found out that they have a class buff :(

Edited by ArmchairMagpie

Yeah the random ones here and there are not hard but the ones at the end of a heroic 2+ are harder and those are the ones I go for. I never ask for help with HC2+

But thinking about it this is on a healing sorc with Khem val as my tank, I don't know if I could do it on a 2 x dps team for example, never tried.

Point being the game difficulty is fine.

edit: I went and did Cademimu at lvl 30 with me, my companion tank and 2 x dps (we couldnt find a tank for ages in LFG) and it was easy. In fact the 2 dps died on the last boss (the one with the flames) and I was left to solo it and it was easy as ****.

Yeah I never ask for HC2s either. Not even the harder ones. I solo'd alot of HC4s as well on my Op and my Juggernaut. Just finished Assault on Fort Alde solo second time yesterday. Last boss alot easier as melee than as ranged (where he would pop a huge *** BFG and spam grav rounds). I had to solo some because it was very hard finding people for them (looking at you Vrblthers!).

Edited by ArmchairMagpie

• 4 months later...
Currently stuck in Alderaan: I have two quests left, one which requires that I kill four elite gold mobs (yes, for boss fights in a regular quest, not even tagged as heroic) and my trooper class quest, which in the end it requires that I kill one elite gold and as soon as it dies a second one pops out, gold elite as well (you can down the first one, but on every attemp my companion either died with the first elite or had very little health left, so not a chance I could down the second elite on my own. I mean, I don't mind a challenge, but in my opinion this is bad quest design.

Currently stuck in Alderaan: I have two quests left, one which requires that I kill four elite gold mobs (yes, for boss fights in a regular quest, not even tagged as heroic)

What is the name of this quest?

and my trooper class quest, which in the end it requires that I kill one elite gold and as soon as it dies a second one pops out, gold elite as well (you can down the first one, but on every attemp my companion either died with the first elite or had very little health left, so not a chance I could down the second elite on my own. I mean, I don't mind a challenge, but in my opinion this is bad quest design.

What companion are you using?

Also, if you are commando, remember to help your companion by using some heals, if you are vanguard, remember to help your companion by taking the attention of the mobs with taunts if your companion gets low on health and dies too soon.

And do we really need almost every single quest to end with a Gold Elite(usually with multiple mobs around him)?

The problem I found was they were too easy to kill.

I hear ya. I believe almost dying every battle is supposed to make you feel "heroic" or something, that's why every single class in this game got a self heal.

I believe you fight more elites on the starter planet then you do in all of WoW lol Elites and strongs and there are always 4-5 linked mobs too so you can't pull just 1 mob lol What cracks me up is if you happen to see 1 non elite, non strong mob standing by itself and you attack, 3 more show up out of nowhere, like drop from the sky or crawl out of the ground lol

Don't get me wrong I don't want to be an unstoppable killing machine I just believe my Jedi should be able to handle a maintenance droid, who for some reason is equipped with a weapon, NOT just a single weapon, OH NO! But conveniently equipped with both a ranged and melee weapon!

I find it rather challanging. Yeah it does get annoying if they seem to be in your everyday path to your dailies but I like the challange when taking on dungeons.

Especially when doing dailies. I can solo Heroics +2 on almost all Dailies except Poisonous Stratagies on Ilum. And of course the Heroic +4 Daily on Corellia. It actually has me trying out different companions to see the best approach. It pushes me to DPS as fast as possible before my Companion is dead and all eyes on me.

Nothing like taking on 2 strong and 1 elite Jedis at once with just you and your Companion. im having a ball.

They are not hard to solo even. Rather easy. You use CC on the extra mobs or take them out first before killing the Elite. Not that hard at all.

What is the name of this quest?

Sith among the ruins.

But I found more of these quests in Alderaan.

Oh and the class quest is currently bugged for me. The droid is somewhere over the ceiling and cannot be attacked even if you go up the ramp to the first floor. So it is getting worse and worse :mad:

I think the point of this thread is that mob fights dont feel special, and elite fights are really not elite or special in most cases.

The A.I. does not feel intuitive enough to use the environment or counter our abilities to feel engaging like a real pvp fight and thus elites are really more of the same but bringing us closer to our death than regular fights.

Edited by VegaPhone

I have more of an issue of the "Here fight a boss and multiple adds right after leaving a voice-over" with zero time to prep. This of course is only really an issue on my inq, as she is squishy.

^This ..... for only my Sniper. All my other characters don't have this issue. Sniper is the most unforgiving for these cut-scene ambushes. :rolleyes:

Also sniper is the only character that I die on from force users. Not enough ranged interrupts/stuns.

Sniper even with geared Kaliyo or Scorpio is a tougher time with Gold "Boss" Elites than any of my other characters.

But, all of this has "trained" me to be a better sniper. Seems to be a higher learning curve on snipers (and I imagine gunslingers since its the mirror class). Every other class is pretty much face roll ( yes even sorcerers/sages in healer spec) than snipers. :D

Edited by Urael

Sith among the ruins.

But I found more of these quests in Alderaan.

Oh and the class quest is currently bugged for me. The droid is somewhere over the ceiling and cannot be attacked even if you go up the ramp to the first floor. So it is getting worse and worse :mad:

I've done Sith In the Ruins recently on my Trooper (Vanguard) and it wasn't hard, I just kept my healer companion out and it was pretty straightforward. Just make sure that you are geared up for the level of the quest and the commanders should be pretty easy to take out as you do them one at a time. The ritualists are harder for a trooper I found but you don't need to kill them to finish the quest.

My healer Sage is almost Level 40 and I've had very little difficulty doing any of the quests so far, despite hearing a lot of Sages cry about how slow and tough it is. I can also solo most of the 2+ heroics. I use Qyzen to tank.

Here is how i do it:

1) I do every quest and bonus on every planet, including the bonus series before I leave. This means I am typically 2-4 levels ahead of the mobs on the next planet.

2) I have good gear for my level. Everything is blue or purple. I also upgrade Qyzen now and then so he has decent stuff too.

3) Don't take on more than you can handle. Always CC the toughest mob and kill the weakest first. If you need x kills for a bonus, attack the easier groups (1 elite instead of 2).

4) Disable Qyzen's AOE attacks so he doesn't break your CC. Enable both his taunts.

5) Play the class properly. I use almost every single ability on a regular basis. Force armour is your friend.

6) On tough groups, I put force armour on Qyzen and myself, then I CC the toughest mob (elite), then I immediately tell Qyzen to attack the strongest remaining mob (a strong usually). Then I dash in and kill the weakest mobs (project to stun, then tumult and a saber attack to finish the first weak one!). Then I help Qyzen kill the mob he is on, heal him up, force armour and tell him to attack the elite. Keep force armour on and your heal over time if either of you has damage.

7) On weak groups I force armour myself, then I run into the pack of mobs and drop Forcequake on myself 1-3 times until everything is dead. :D Before I had forcequake I'd do the same thing except I'd attack with project, force pebbles, tumult, saber attack etc.

8) On a champion, I will get Qyzen to tank while I keep force armour and the HoT on him. Occasional healing trance if needed. I help out with my DoTs and other attacks if I have force to burn. I have no trouble.

The game is not too hard if you do it right. Get a friend to help you if needed. It is an MMO afterall.

I've done Sith In the Ruins recently on my Trooper (Vanguard) and it wasn't hard, I just kept my healer companion out and it was pretty straightforward. Just make sure that you are geared up for the level of the quest and the commanders should be pretty easy to take out as you do them one at a time. The ritualists are harder for a trooper I found but you don't need to kill them to finish the quest.

My gear is fine but not great, but i should not need to be overgeared in order to do a regular quest. And I'm not using Elara Done, my healer companion, because I haven't used her for some time and her gear is not up-to-date. My trooper is Comando dps btw.