Star Wars vs WH40K

Archereon

the problem with any thing like this is there is no real answer to these questions, and there never will be unless there is a crossover and both these universe have very protective owners

If there was a crossover someone would still have to decide who would win. The way you put it makes me think of a director giving actors loads of props from both universes and putting them on an island battle royale style. Or in the case of a computer game, codes programming loads of NPC based around the given facts of both IP's and then putting said NPC on a graphical island and letting them go at it battle royale style. This is a discussion and will always be a discussion. Everyone knows there is no answer.

except 40k would pwn SW :p. Unless we are talking point capped matches :p say 2000 point armies? whats a jedi worth?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

except 40k would pwn SW :p. Unless we are talking point capped matches :p say 2000 point armies? whats a jedi worth?

Well i've never played TT, I've collected a few minitures (Blood Angels) but never looked in a codex.

First you need to conclude whether or not a Librarian is weaker or stronger than a Jedi/Sith.

Also Jedi/Sith aren't immune to blasters, they are just really good at blocking them, would they beable to block projectiles as easy? and seeing as though some of the Imperial Guard and most of the Space Marines use projectile weapons, Not Lasers, thats another thing to work out.

Basically you need to figure out what equals what (at least in training/experience) for arguments sake lets say:

1 Imperial Guard = 1 Republic Soldier/Imperial Soldier

1 Kasrkin/Stormtrooper = 1 Republic Trooper/Imperial Special Forces Soldier

1 Ogryn = 1 Wookie???????

1 Space Marine = Nothing! (I mean really even some of the really great Battle Droids wouldn't stand a chance...)

1 Librarian = 1 Jedi/Sith (In Force/Warp power NOT equipment)

The deadliness of 40k's Weaponary is scary (Fully Automatic guided Grenade Launcher? ***...) Star Wars's weaponary is just too clean, Would a blaster go through Space Marine armour? Doubtful. Then you've got to come up with how strong Imperial/Republic Soldier Armour is (Ignoring the Ewok debacle, with spears and arrows etc) compared to Imperial Guard Armour, which is supposed to be really strong... Just out of its depth in the 40k Universe.

• 3 weeks later...
Star Wars has the greatest plot armor in sci-fi history (or rather a 100% miss debuff) whereas 40k has pretty much none.

Lord Kaldor Draigo. Ciaphas Cain (HERO OF THE IMPERIUM). Marneus Calgar. Dante. Mephiston. The Silent King. Yriel of Iyanden. Eldrad Ulthuan. Commander Shadowsun. Aun'va. Wazdakka Gutzmek. Comissar Yarrick.

Who doesn't have what now?

Your just saying that to prolong discussion lol

How would Star Wars win?

Everyone would form a fragile truce out of necessity to destroy a common foe.

In 40k everyone would kill each other in an instant and can never overcome a common foe because they hate each others guts to the point where they'd rather die than work together.

Discuss...

No really, this is one of my favorite "who would win?" questions in terms of setting vs setting; The cinema grandady of the modern space opera vs the ultimate grimdark galaxy where there is only grimdark.

uhh pretty sure you cant deflect a bolter round as it would kill you LOL its perfect anti-jedi weapon... that said PRETTY sure they have magic of there own don't they? in addition to super technology that far surpasses starwars world... gonna lean toward 40k here but i have very limited knowledge of 40k.

Edit: btw from what i recall bolters rounds are explosive on impact... and have enough umph to cause bodies to EXPLODE so in my humble opinion a jedi can not deflect bolter rounds... going to have to dodge! the big thing here is 40k guys are pretty slow compared to a speedy jedi...so comes down to...can a jedi get close enough to kill a ultra marine for example before they get shredded... because i do think a jedi's much faster and more nimble and better in hand to hand(not stronger though) and lets assume jedi's blade will slice through 40k armor fairly easy(though i'm not sure of that either) SO can a jedi move fast enough to avoid full auto bolter? i... i don't know...and frankly one hit is all it takes.

Edited by Lokai

Discuss...

No really, this is one of my favorite "who would win?" questions in terms of setting vs setting; The cinema grandady of the modern space opera vs the ultimate grimdark galaxy where there is only grimdark.

There is no discusion here.

Star Wars have no chance.

1. Imperial Guard - something like clone army with all the big tanks, altilery and normal army structure. This is the weakest link in WH40k that can go against SW universe on the ground, i would say draw. In space SW have no chance. In general WH40k ships are larger and more powerfull then SW ships.

2. Orcs - stronger then man (troopers), more resilient, faster, huge numbers and they don't care who they beat up, sith, jedi or troopers. Ow and they would use all those looted lightsabres to :)

3. Eldars - they are like Rakata in SW when it comes to technology, enough sayd.

4. Tyranids - mindless beasts that will devouer any SW army and cruch it just with overwhelming numbers

5. Space Marines - they are just like Orcs only smarter, well organised and well quiped. No jedi or sith will withstand salvo from a bolter, there is no way the could avoid it as the bolts are self propeling missiles/granades so no deflecting those with lghtsabre.

6. Chaos Space Marines - take Space Marines and add chaos powers. SW have no chance.

7. Tau - something like Imperial Guard only with higher technology, winner in My opinion.

8. Necrons - imagin evil droid army that You can not kill becouse they repair almost as quicly as You kill them.

SW Universe have no chance in this confrontation.

A Tau expedition finds the Galaxy of Star Wars. They broker a truce and trade with the Republic. Elsewhere, the Tyranid hive ship emerges on the fringe of the Star Wars galaxy uncharted regions. It consumes an entire system overnight. The Jedi council feels a disturbance in the force as trillions of voices are suddenly silenced.

Meanwhile, the Eldar seeing the coming war and the devastation it would cause to their Forge Worlds if the Imperium and Empire should ever team up release a spore colony on key planets of strategic importance sparking a system wide "WAAAAAAAAAAH". The Imperium unbeknownst to the Tau have been in hot pursuit since their last encounter and arrive to find a system of humans in league with aliens. Considering the Republic as Heretics they begin a purging of all outer systems on their way to the core worlds.

The Mandalorians rally to Mandalore as a worthy hunt and enemy has presented itself. The Sith Emporer seeing the events unfolding attempts to contact the ambassadors of the Imperium, seeing them as a valuable ally as both are xenophobic. The Imperium initially rejects the offer of alliance but instead offers assimilation into the Imperium of man. The emporer decides the best course of action is to trick the Imperium using them as a weapon instead against their enemies under the guise of false intent. "Beat our enemies and we'll join you".

Following the Imperium ships come the Chaos Marines which totally muck it up for the Imperium. The Imperium is further thwarted by sabotage from the Dark Eldar who have found a new galaxy to revel in the torment of. Meanwhile the hive grows unabated.

The Republic learns too late that the Tau have been feeding their various followers the bodies of the Jedi & best warriors that fell in combat, they are now more powerful. Their alliance breaks up at the worst time as a Necron ship enters the Galaxy following the taint of the Chaos Marines.

The Mandalorians and Orks fight it out across multiple systems. Superior tactics win key victories for those following Mandalore. The Hive fleet has encounters the first Republic controlled world. The transmissions that get out leave the entire Republic and Empire shaken as they've never encountered anything like this. The trade federation learns that the Republic and the Tau are no longer friends and decides to move in on the deal brokering. The Republic decides to launch an all out attack against the Hive before it can reach the core worlds.

The Eldar still up to mischief purposely leave a trail of espionage across the sector the Imperium has secured leaving the defenses down just as Chaos Marines arrive. The Sisters of Battle come to reinforce their Imperial Guard Comrades but not before the Empire betrays the Imperium at a crucial moment leaving causing massive losses.

The Hive consumes another system.

Learning of the Battle and betrayal the Space Marines finally arrive in the galaxy. The Necrons arrive at the star forge to reclaim their stolen property from the Rakata all those millinea ago.

The Mandalorians having put down the WAAAAAAAAAAH turn their sights on the newly arrived Space Marines after hearing rumors of their power. The Jedi join with their ancient enemies the Mandalorians in a hope of saving the galaxy. The hive fleet advances toward the core worlds.

The Sith Emporer realizing this galaxy is lost takes what remains of the Empire and leaves the galaxy.

Everybody dies.

-the end-

Edited by Aethyrprime

I've said it before and i'll say it again.

The Adeptus Astartes would NOT fight against the Star Wars universe, they would see it as beneath them.

Why?

For all the mighty force power they have they are still human and would not be seen as a threat.

The Guard would be sent in, and the guard VASTLY outnumbers any army that Star Wars could field.

The second they came across a Sith or Jedi using force power the Inquisition would get involved. If the Inquisition made no head way against them then they would call in their own little army.

It would end up the Sith and Jedi V's ...... The Grey Knights.

Grey Knights are bred to fight demons. Not your little Supernatural style of demon i'm talking anything between the lesser demons to gods of Chaos.

Someone mentioned earlier that a Jedi/Sith was equal in power to a Librarian ...... Mephiston begs to differ.

Plus bear in mind that the weaponry in Star Wars is more like a childs toy compared to the weaponry in 40k.

You know Jedi and Sith could decide the outcome of battles with a little trick called Battle Meditation.And if we talking about silly things like Primarchs then we could talk about silly things like EU Luke....

A Sith is more than a match to any Space Marine.Sith armor can withstand blaster fire (remember Scourge?) so I would say it withstands bolter fire also.The force can make them just as fast and strong as any space marine...plus the telekinetic powers..

The space marines imho are angry and hateful...this would make the sith even more powerful

If we are talking about librarians and other psykers then it depends

If the fight happened in the SW galaxy well there is only the force so we know who wins

And if it happened in the 40K galaxy there is the warp so we know who wins

But in a full scale war the Imperium would win because it is based around this silly idea of eternal and total war,so it suits it better.

You know Jedi and Sith could decide the outcome of battles with a little trick called Battle Meditation.And if we talking about silly things like Primarchs then we could talk about silly things like EU Luke....

A Sith is more than a match to any Space Marine.Sith armor can withstand blaster fire (remember Scourge?) so I would say it withstands bolter fire also.The force can make them just as fast and strong as any space marine...plus the telekinetic powers..

The space marines imho are angry and hateful...this would make the sith even more powerful

If we are talking about librarians and other psykers then it depends

If the fight happened in the SW galaxy well there is only the force so we know who wins

And if it happened in the 40K galaxy there is the warp so we know who wins

But in a full scale war the Imperium would win because it is based around this silly idea of eternal and total war,so it suits it better.

Battle Meditation? even against the Imperial Guard would not work, they have commissars in their army that literally state, go and die or I kill you now, take a pick, they are literally the Soviets, against any other 40K force it would be useless.

And a Primarch would stomp Grand Master Luke, you realise just their swords are like Thor's hammer, the system Luke is in can literally just be obliterated.

Bolter fire is nothing like blaster fire, it's a mini hand grenade in the shape of a bullet, that fires rapidly, Space Marines are 8 foot tall machines with massive weaponry and the best armor you can imagine, Carapace Armor, anything like a laser or plasma is half the time not going to dent the surface, their weaponry would also make it extremely hard to engage them up close, let's take the Space Marines that arrived in Comorragh, the city of the Dark Eldar, supernaturaly fast, agile, graceful and a mind made for spotting weak points, they got butchered by the Space Marines, even though it was an entire city, of ancient deadly beings against around 500 Marines, the regular basic firepower the Space Marines deploy is what Star Wars would consider heavy artillery, for example the Heavy Bolters, Heavy Flamers and Plasma Guns, more than enough to kill your average Sith warrior.

It's already been stated both the force and warp powers are used simultaneously.

And call it silly all you want, that's the setting, it's all out war for 40,000 years, Star Wars is centered around the force, something nowhere near as common as the warp powers are.

I prefer Star Wars personally, but they are absolutely out-matched here.

I wish I saw this thread before it got 10 pages long. TL;DR version at end.

My thoughts personally are that Star Wars and Warhammer 40k are on opposite sides of the same timeline. This has nothing to do with Space Marines fighting Jedi.

Star Wars has always said "A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away"

In the long time ago history of Warhammer 40K, the earliest known account is the last of the shamans sacrificing themselves to create the Emperor of Mankind. The latest account is Tyranid hive fleets are appearing from outside the known galaxy to devour ours.

Star Wars is simply the history before our modern age. At some point in time between the last recorded years of the EU and the creation of the Emperor of mankind, Tyranids invaded the known Star Wars galaxy and began consuming it. At this point in time, the chaos gods did not yet exist, and the Warp was farely free of malevolent beings, allowing free use of the Warp (known as the Force).

With the Tyranids being unstoppable, and the increasing use of the "Dark Side" eventually creating the first of the Chaos Gods, perhaps the Old Ones flee to our current Galaxy to prepare weapons to fight. (Perhaps eventually creating the Eldar, Orks, Tau, etc)

At the same time, the last Jedi conclave also depart the Galaxy to save the knowledge of the Force and Humanity. Perhaps lacking the same technology as whoever the Old Ones are, they use more conventional travel methods and finally arrive on Earth, dwindling over time, much after the Old Ones have set their plans for new races in motion.

Finding the warp increasingly filled with dark entities from all the Sith influence, and no longer being able to become one with the force, they decide to sacrifice themselves and reincarnate into the "Last Jedi".... the Emperor of Mankind.

Fast forward, and the Old Ones plan with the Eldar has failed, creating Slaanesh, and isolating all human settlements. Fast forward again and the Emperor is now on the Golden Throan, the Tyranid threat once again threatening the entire Galaxy.

Perhaps Lemun Russ will return from the Star Wars galaxy, having found some key to destroying the Tyranids and Chaos, etc. and initiate the Wolf Time. Maybe Cypher will slay the Emperor, allowing his Resurrection, and bring balance to the Force...

TL;DR: Tyranids destroy Star Wars galaxy, last surviving Jedi flee to Earth and create the Emperor.

I'll just leave this here, 'cause I think it's epic. +1 :D

I'm going to have to agree with the purple text guy.

A Star Wars blaster is more akin to a WH40k plasma weapon. If Sith armor can stop plasma, that's impressive, but that which stops plasma does not necessarily stop bolter fire.

A bolter round is a rocket. A tiny, self-propelled explosive warhead and explodes slightly after penetration.

It acts like a hollow-point on crack.

This was a weapon made to fight xenos. Alien races capable of taking extreme damage, such as Orks and Tyranids. These weapons are made to shred bodies into pulp.

There has actually been a weapon invented that can show, somewhat, what a bolter is capable of.

This is an automatic shotgun that can fire small ballistically propelled rockets, as you'll see from the video.

Now, a bolter's rounds have their own rockets on them AND explode with a force several orders of magnitude higher than the ones in that video.

A bolter pistol is a smaller weapon, used in one hand, that fires similarly powerful rounds.

A storm bolter is basically two bolters taped together.

And a heavy bolter is one held like a chaingun that fires larger bolter rounds at a higher rate of fire.

Even if the armor could prevent initial penetration of the round, the resulting explosive force would shatter ribs, bruise lungs and rupture organs.

Edited by Yfelsung

Odd. Back in the day, even the most advanced ships in 40k couldn't make the transition to warp space near a planetary body. IIRC, it took several weeks of sublight travel to go from orbitting an earth-sized planet to a safe jump point.

Odd. Back in the day, even the most advanced ships in 40k couldn't make the transition to warp space near a planetary body. IIRC, it took several weeks of sublight travel to go from orbitting an earth-sized planet to a safe jump point.

Must have changed at some point, as there are several cases in books and games of ships going into the warp from orbit/within a system.