Star Wars vs WH40K

Archereon

I would pay good money to see wookies fighting orks. That would be a battle to see!

Although I wonder how effective force choke would be on a space marine. I mean sure a Sith could force choke a space marine, but would that stop him from shooting his bolter?

I'd take star wars over star trek any day of the week though.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can compare with each faction, give a detailed overview, since I've got quite a lot of knowledge on WH40k, but I won't. Simply because I can state this: SW doesn't have a chance, not at all.

If it was close or if there was a fighting chance I'd go into details, but on numbers, mutations, sheer power, it's a total mismatch.

40K wins, hands down.

A Space Marine dwarfs even the mightiest Jedi/Sith, not to mention all the augmentations that have been made to Space Marines. The force is strong, but not *that* strong. Can the force make your ribs form a plate of armor? Will it let you breathe normally even in abnormal atmospheres? Will it allow you to rest one part of your brain so you can stay awake for unhuman periods of time? I think not.

Jedi/Sith are still 'people'. Space Marines are superhuman.

Thus sayeth the 40K playing chick :D

40K, Easily.

With Warp travel it is possible to arrive before you left.

if were referring to the whole of both universes histories, then bare in mind that all the space marines, which are considered to be the best warriors humanity has ever produced, come from their primarchs which were multitudes better then their clans, who in turn are based upon the emperor who is a living god. at the time of the majority of the 40k stories, the imperium is a fraction of what it once was, the technology of the golden age has been lost. Humanity is actually on the recovery of a dark age. even so, they are technologically so far in advance of the SW universe it is a joke.

and if all this doesn't convince you. like to see the first time a jedi uses his light saber to deflect a kraken round and it blows up taking his arm with it.

It's not really much of a contest, since the 40K setting is designed to be ridiculously over the top, and the SW setting isn't.

40K is a setting where an alpha grade psyker can rip a planet in pieces by blinking. Star Wars is more "relatable" in terms of power level.

Honestly, 40k vs anybody topics just aren't interesting when you pit entire universes against one another. 40k is deliberately over the top in every aspect for the sake of fluffy enjoyment. If you're judging universes by whats written in the books, that's one way to look at it. Star wars stands a much better chance if we're talking tabletop rules and not fluff. For anyone who plays the TT, you know the disparity between what's written for the fans and the rules of the game.

Now individual fights between certain characters is a much more interesting discussion to have in my opinion.

Also, guy who said there's no one in 40k who can match the tactical genius of a Jedi. I have one word for you.

CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

a 40k ship vs star wars ship battle would be interesting

Star Destroyer VS Battle barge for example

but then many ship vs ship battles are quite fun to think about

Star Destroyer Vs Battlestar is a good one as well

defiant class ship from star trek vs white star from babylon 5

i think breaking it down like that is the only way you could pit one universe against another

going universe v universe is just far too much to consider

but a light saber can cut through anything including ceramite armour. something to consider in jedi vs space marine

Given that the title is Star Wars vs WH40K I'd assumed it meant setting vs setting, which surely makes arguments about a combined Republic + Empire vs the Imperium somewhat redundant.

Even if that was the case they couldn't actually defeat the Imperium, they'd simply be another enemy amongst the thousands the Imperium faces on a daily basis.

However setting vs setting leaves only one victor: 40k. Given what we know or can reasonably assume about the Republics and Empires current situations can you imagine their response to a full Ork Waaaagh? A Tyranid Hive Fleet invasion? And last but certainly not least - can you imagine how much fun the Ruinous Powers would have in a virgin galaxy? :D

Slaaneshi Jedi.

Hell. Yeah.

I've tried to stay away from saying the full 40k Galaxy Vs the Star Wars Galaxy as it is pretty clear Star Wars would get its *** handed to it with side salad. But like has also been said thats because 40k is completely over the top.

To even the scales so to speak hear me out.

A portal - that isn't related to the warp, yea i've just broke 40k lore. Sue me - opens up on/in orbit of a*Insert major fully loyal Imperial controlled world here that isn't Holy Terra* The Imperium send through a expedition - because they do that sort of thing - and find a virgin world filled with resources etc some of the Mechcanius/Astartes etc also go through and do their thing. Lets also say that this happened during the Manderlorian Wars. Right now in the age of SWTOR, The Republic/Empire discover this planet (Which has built up quite a bit in the last few hundred years and this portal is still open) and find a group of Humans, that aren't technologically backward (Socially yes but we all know that) and yet aren't part of the Empire or Republic. They send an expedition and aren't immediately killed as Heretics (Because they were lucky to have a fully Human expedition).

What would happen? Would there immediately be war? Would the Imperium wait til it could 1. Get more fleet assets through the portal or 2. Be diplomatic (Ha!)?

What would the Republic/Empire do - Lets just say this discovery was leaked to the opposite faction you chose through either SIS or Imperial Intelligence - with this news? The Republic would obviously try to get them on their side but what would the Empire do? Invade? or show the snidy part of the force and try to bring them into the Empire (I know either choice would fail but still)

Discuss.

Edited by CptBrit

In the grim darkness of grim darkness there is only star war.

Generally, it's like throwing a kids-playing-knights into a real wolf den, you'll get only guts and well-fed wolves covering the ground.

These are really different stories, how can one compare a fantasy pic, where is no image of real blood spilled (ok, lightsaber cuts so smooth and has so high temperature, that a wound doesn't bleed, because it's literally fried, but what about a detonator, huh?) to the universe, where Nurgle's Plague Bearer is not even a candidate for the Ugliest Top 10 Contest?

Anyway, let's try to find out, how these universes may clash. WH40K is definitely bigger, so I would assume, that Star Wars saga happens somewhere in the area, lost due to the Warp storms, and is a fine remnant of a humanity's Golden Age (the basic ability to create new techs, not only salvage what's left). Being far away from the main routes, and shielded by storms from any invasion, this area becomes less agressive and doesn't need any ultra-powered military tech any longer, that's why they are more soft and have less powers. Yes, they posess something they call "the Force", but it's a sheer psyker abilities. Of cource, Chaos doesn't pass by, and we have a twisted users - the Sith, how they call themselves. Based on their agenda, they are definitely Khorne followers (just look at the Chaos Empire logo :)). The Sith are just purely evil brutes, only the singles plan some kind of tricks and shady plots, yet in the end they still turn berserk. What stops Chaos gods from a full-scale invasion? Have no idea, maybe it's Khorne playing his toys when he's still a kid, lol.

What shall happen, if this little Chaos playground is discovered by major powers?

The only way to survive is to join the Chaos officially for the Empire, and adopt the Greater Good for the Republic, that's gonna be a big warzone between Tau and Chaos.

However, Jedi may join the Eldar (just as mysterios as themselves), as Tau are completely immune to psykers, and should easily wipe the jedi's in case of something.

The rest is up to you :)

Hypothesis:

The two universes makes contact - all out battle.

- 40K wins due to "unlimited" numbers both in hardware and deployable troops.

- 40k hardware reverse engineerd with SW tech and you have the birth of the "ultimate" power factor both universes have even witnessed.

The Imperuim subdues the Empire.

- Their combined and unified strength decimates, obliterates and annihilates the Republic.

God Empreror remains Emperor of the Imperuim.

- The SW Emperor becomes the supreme Herald of the new Imperuim

- All Siths will be inducted in the Inquisition and will gain power and control based as how powerful a sith they are.

Rogue Siths will create their own factions but will newer gain enough power and control to conquer anything the Imperuim cant easily survive or fight back.

The God Emperors Inquisition and the Ordo Hereticus will be granted more power to take care of rogue Siths within and without of the Imperuim

All SW species not of mankind must unify (including of/c remnants of the Republic) and be ruled by a warmongering despot to even survive. Joining forces with rogue siths and surviving jedi is a must and they must create a new order within the force to stand against the Imperuim.

The Imperuim is well versed in waging war on all fronts against all types of foes, be it Eldars, Orks, Tyranids and the chaotic Warp - they will remain.

For the new warmongering union against the Imperuim this is not the case. They must battle these new foes as well with limited resources and knowledge.

The Imperuim will not see many losses to the other side, as in defections but there will be a wast number of the general mankind population across the galaxy who will defect to the Imperuim and be indoctrinated into the Imperium - Blind faith and belief in their God Emperor and he's new Supreme Herald.

The Omnisiah will reverse engineer SW tech and when powerfull enough they will break loose of the Imperuim. Their Cyborgs and droid/tech armies will see a new pinnacle.

In conclusion, the God Emperor and he's Imperuim will grow and prosper

The Jedi Order as we know it will cease to exist.

- "the faith in the God Emperor by the common man is equally strong as the blind hope in the force for the common jedi."

- a new hope is called for... but what can withstand the God Emperor and he's Supreme Herald and their Imperuim?

Edited by eclipce

Hypothesis:

The two universes makes contact - all out battle.

- 40K wins due to "unlimited" numbers both in hardware and deployable troops.

- 40k hardware reverse engineerd with SW tech and you have the birth of the "ultimate" power factor both universes have even witnessed.

The Imperuim subdues the Empire.

- Their combined and unified strength decimates, obliterates and annihilates the Republic.

God Empreror remains Emperor of the Imperuim.

- The SW Emperor becomes the supreme Herald of the new Imperuim

- All Siths will be inducted in the Inquisition and will gain power and control based as how powerful a sith they are.

Rogue Siths will create their own factions but will newer gain enough power and control to conquer anything the Imperuim cant easily survive or fight back.

The God Emperors Inquisition and the Ordo Hereticus will be granted more power to take care of rogue Siths within and without of the Imperuim

All SW species not of mankind must unify (including of/c remnants of the Republic) and be ruled by a warmongering despot to even survive. Joining forces with rogue siths and surviving jedi is a must and they must create a new order within the force to stand against the Imperuim.

The Imperuim is well versed in waging war on all fronts against all types of foes, be it Eldars, Orks, Tyranids and the chaotic Warp - they will remain.

For the new warmongering union against the Imperuim this is not the case. They must battle these new foes as well with limited resources and knowledge.

The Imperuim will not see many losses to the other side, as in defections but there will be a wast number of the general mankind population across the galaxy who will defect to the Imperuim and be indoctrinated into the Imperium - Blind faith and belief in their God Emperor and he's new Supreme Herald.

The Omnisiah will reverse engineer SW tech and when powerfull enough they will break loose of the Imperuim. Their Cyborgs and droid/tech armies will see a new pinnacle.

In conclusion, the God Emperor and he's Imperuim will grow and prosper

The Jedi Order as we know it will cease to exist.

- "the faith in the God Emperor by the common man is equally strong as the blind hope in the force for the common jedi."

- a new hope is called for... but what can withstand the God Emperor and he's Supreme Herald and their Imperuim?

Nothing could stand against an Imperium that had Hyperdrive tech (Short of the Chaos Gods and Dark Eldar) The Imperium would be able to land so many men in fights and then return them to whatever duties they were at without having to worry about "Jumping too far" Also the area outside the the Emperors Light (That is right isn't it? the area in which safeish warp jumps can happen) would be open... Imagine what human civilisations has thrived after been seperated from the tyranny of the Horus Heresy Imperium.

Dark Millennium Online is around the corner.

In THQ we trust, at least I do.

SWtOR... well I had my SW fix already and unless BW won't add something more soon..

Let's have fun while it lasts, enthusiasm burns out so rapidly.

40k would win because its basically who has the biggest stick contest, and the guys behind 40k, decided they needed the biggest stick in all of sci fi.

Hence, massive city like titans and war ships, extremely massive armies and battles along with mass genocides, and that's just the Imperium.

Oh and demons. Those jerks that can only really be hurt by psykers and force weapons. Last I check, the Jedi and Sith stop powering regular solid weapons with the force in favor of laser swords.

Edited by Seductivpancakes

I wish I saw this thread before it got 10 pages long. TL;DR version at end.

My thoughts personally are that Star Wars and Warhammer 40k are on opposite sides of the same timeline. This has nothing to do with Space Marines fighting Jedi.

Star Wars has always said "A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away"

In the long time ago history of Warhammer 40K, the earliest known account is the last of the shamans sacrificing themselves to create the Emperor of Mankind. The latest account is Tyranid hive fleets are appearing from outside the known galaxy to devour ours.

Star Wars is simply the history before our modern age. At some point in time between the last recorded years of the EU and the creation of the Emperor of mankind, Tyranids invaded the known Star Wars galaxy and began consuming it. At this point in time, the chaos gods did not yet exist, and the Warp was farely free of malevolent beings, allowing free use of the Warp (known as the Force).

With the Tyranids being unstoppable, and the increasing use of the "Dark Side" eventually creating the first of the Chaos Gods, perhaps the Old Ones flee to our current Galaxy to prepare weapons to fight. (Perhaps eventually creating the Eldar, Orks, Tau, etc)

At the same time, the last Jedi conclave also depart the Galaxy to save the knowledge of the Force and Humanity. Perhaps lacking the same technology as whoever the Old Ones are, they use more conventional travel methods and finally arrive on Earth, dwindling over time, much after the Old Ones have set their plans for new races in motion.

Finding the warp increasingly filled with dark entities from all the Sith influence, and no longer being able to become one with the force, they decide to sacrifice themselves and reincarnate into the "Last Jedi".... the Emperor of Mankind.

Fast forward, and the Old Ones plan with the Eldar has failed, creating Slaanesh, and isolating all human settlements. Fast forward again and the Emperor is now on the Golden Throan, the Tyranid threat once again threatening the entire Galaxy.

Perhaps Lemun Russ will return from the Star Wars galaxy, having found some key to destroying the Tyranids and Chaos, etc. and initiate the Wolf Time. Maybe Cypher will slay the Emperor, allowing his Resurrection, and bring balance to the Force...

TL;DR: Tyranids destroy Star Wars galaxy, last surviving Jedi flee to Earth and create the Emperor.

Edited by Khazius

40k is the richer and deeper setting imo.

force, midicholrian yadda yadda..

vs

Chaos gods whose mere birthcries consumes galaxies and annihilates civilisations.

and orks.

Imagine orks entering a pod-race..

Some of the elements of 40k would fit really well in star wars.

just think of all the fun slaanesh could have with the jedi order :D

40k is the richer and deeper setting imo.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Militarilly 40k would win. And thats what the op was asking right?

This thread ended several pages ago.

I'm not trying to troll or anything. I love SW. (period)

I love 40k as well. Warhammer and 40k were my intro to gaming. I mean "real" gaming here. Video games are something else and always will be. But I digress from my point.

WH40k is war on it's most epic scale. SW only has war as setting.

Edited by IncreaseX