Star Wars vs WH40K

Archereon

Star Wars, any series, wins hands down no contest. Simple reasons;

1) WH40K weapons are ridiculously short-ranged, the Leman Russ Battlecannon only shoots about 150m. AT-ATs will have 10-15 turns (or whatever) of firing before the Russ's can even shoot back.

2) Rivets and bolts; NOTHING that's bolted/rivetted together can take even a modest hit without falling apart rapidly. The USSR Army of 1943 could waste the Imp Guard, let alone the SW Empire/Rep/Rebs...

Any SWv40K battle would be like Zulus vs (any modern army) fought on open plains at night.

sorry to burst the bubble that your using but the lemon russ battle tanks use squadrens for every 1 AT-AT you field you can field 3 Lemon Russ battle tanks twin that with the fact that your using a Titan size transport against Battle tanks of cause your going to win that fight, no put it against something more PFP (pound for Pound) its nearest counterpart in the superheavy tank range is the baneblade (with varents) or the Warhound Scout titan (enfersence on the name scout titan) the main weapon on the AT-AT is equal to the 2 lascannons on the Baneblade (and thats me being generous) means that its main guns are not going to be a match for Bane cannon or the demolisher cannon has, ok you have the range of your main guns but your ignoring the plyability of the Imperial Guard Army has against your weapon of choice, the part where during the battle of Hoth Skywalker was quoted saying ''that armour is to strong for blasters'' he never mentioned the fact that they where using anti trooper weapons not anti tank weapons against a heavy armoured target, now when the imperial guards main weapons are equal or slightly less powerful than the imperial lasguns the Imperial guard has the plyability to use weapons that can melt away armoured targets really quickly let alone deliver highly manoverable troopers and tanks to the battlefield quicker and more effectively than that of the SW universe, i have said this once and ill say it again the last 50,000 years of the 40K universe has been war if it came down to it the 40k universe would win hands down every time

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the inverse, the traitor legions would be crushed by the New Sith, a single Sith would rise to daemonhood very quickly and the only ones capable of putting up a fight would be the fallen primarchs themselves. Plus the darkside of the force would start to warp the warp even further. Anything psychic or psionic would be touched and affected by the force. Then it would create a balance, like it always does.

These two universes would succumb to each other and nothing would be left but wastelands and woe. The Darkgods would even be guided by the force, at first trough subtle manipulation and then full on control, because the force itself is also a path to more power.

It would be a rich in lore battle, where it can go either way because each faction involved are fanatical zealots.

ok your pitching the fact the Sith Empire would pick on 1 legion at a time here, but your forgetting the fact that your missing some of the major players out of the battles like that of the primarchs and their legions and the chosen one of chaos Abaddon the dispoiler along with his black legion against all the odds you throw up you are ignoring the fact that in the last 10,000 years the best of the imperium havent seen the full strengh of chaos united against them since the battle of terror (battle for earth for those who you dont know the law) and if they are going to be united against the forces of SW then your dealing with Legions of Chaos Space marines and their armies of slaves not just the Legions of the Damned but the everything that is Choas itself that includes the daemons of chaos and their host gods aligned against then, your entire arguement is based on the fact that chaos will except then new bloods into their ranks, as the lore of chaos dictates only the strongest servives, and the sith's main weapon isnt a match for most weapons used by the traitor legions (Long range Bolter, Plasma guns, and many other projectile weapons) (close combat weapons ,Powerswords, Brute strengh and skill of the Astarties, Lightning claws, powerfists, chain swords and axes) are more than a match for anything the Sith Empire can throw at them, as for the force against the forces of chaos, i havent seen a single instence in any SW Law that indicates that the person exploded and killed everyone around him from using to much of his powers, where as in 40k they are more prown to it because the Warp is that much more powerful, and if someone does from such a fate happen to the sith or jedi that use such powers?, i mean come one its like using a ice pick good for what it does but next to the wrecking ball that is the Warp its nothing but a minor annoyence to those that will be aligned to face it, and thats just the elite of your forces being a sith can use such powers, the foot troopers of 40k are Astaties and Legion of the Damned (currupted Imperial guard troopers, chaos slaves, and general cannon fodder) most of which are armoured and armed to the hilt with from lowest to highest (Close Combat weapons, laspistol, lasgun, chain weapons, bolters, power weapons, Heavey Bolters, Lasconnons) and thats just the standard troopers you will be facing, SW troopers weapons of choice (combat knife, Blaster, Blaster rifle, vibrosword, blastercannon and lightstaber) i think i need to mention that the when the sith themselves face off against the forces of chaos their armies wouldnt stand a chance, as for their elites (as in the sith themselves) facing off against the Elites of Chaos your out gunned against and again nothing the sith empire would or could throw up can stand against chaos, i need say no more no more the idea that the chaos gods would favour the Sith in anyway shape of form over their Astarties is both laughable and no realistic...... sorry

The new favorites of the Chaos Gods? Not really. The 40k universe already has tons of warriors and psykers who have been shown to be far more powerful than most Force users. The vast majority of the Sith would end up being small-time minions lost in the infinite ranks of Chaos. Nothing more.

A typical Space Marine is more than a match for a Force user on the level of a seasoned Jedi Knight. And they have access to weapons that can cut through pretty much anything as well, so the Lightsaber isn't that impressive. Also, Dark Side insanity is nothing compared to the reality-r@ping insanity of the Warp. I'd say a lot of those Sith are probably gonna sh*t their pants in agonizing horror when they get a small taste of Chaos.

Again, the Sith are not that scary when compared the forces of Chaos. Certainly not scary enough to rise to daemonhood status. To say that they would have no problem crushing entire legions of traitor Space Marines and even the Primarch demigods is, quite simply, laughable.

I find it highly unlikely the Force would be able to do anything to the Warp.

Agreed i havent found any law that tells of a Sith exploading or being ripped apart by the powers he was trying to control and thats the risk that the Warp has over its tame counterpart, ok force lightning is good at lighting a room but not compaired to powers of Warp its nothing but a prity littly lightshow with the mild risk of electricution compaired to the risks of Warp Energies hitting your body, (chao spawn say it all really)

While its obvious the Imperium would curbstomp pretty much any SW nation in a land war, Star Wars has one incredible advantage over 40k: It's FTL travel and communications are infinitely faster and more reliable than that of the Imperium.

In fact, Hyperdrives are so fast that Star Wars ships would be able to outmaneuver everyone in 40k besides the Necrons and Eldar, who, respectively, have the problems of most of their assets being inactive and having a really small population.

I'm not all that sure about how powerful 40k starships are, though from what I know they aren't that much more powerful than Star Wars ships if they're even more powerful at all.

Having such a huge mobility advantage also has the nice benefit of marginalizing the Space Marines outside of their home systems, and would pretty much allow a Star Wars power to go around sterilizing Agri worlds until all the Forge and Hive worlds were crippled by famine. It also makes Impeium forces particularly vulnerable to the effects of attrition, since they can't resupply their forces in a timely manner.

sorry but i had to read back all the way to the start of this tread to find this and i think your arguement of how Powerful the Imperiums ships are compaired to that of the SW universe's ships are is really laughable considering the a standard size of a imperial class star destroyer being really big compaired to other ships in the SW universe as the same size as a cobra class destroyer in W40k i mean the main guns on a Emperor class battleship (40k) is a little smaller that the empire state building, and fires shells that can rip through ships in the following patten (there is something moving over their....... ok point the guns and fire in that direction and saturate the area with gunfire)

which means that nothing in that area can servive for very long, as for being out manovered when your dealing with stuff that fires shells that big and carry that much firepower, manoverability isnt a issue i mean the solo's ship is equal in size to that of a Spacemarine Thunderhawk Gunship and carries much less firepower even SW fighters arent a match for the NON FTL fighters of the imperial navy being that the average squadren size in SW is between 10 and 20 fighters and a star destroyers can only launch 2 to 4 squadrens from its 2 hangers where the cruisers from 40k (agreed that they are bigger and carry both a bigger crew complement and larger hanger bays and are generally larger ships with a crew of over 10,000 crew just to man the weapons and engines no to mention the imperial guard troops they have on board) can launch (depending on Class of cruiser of cause) between 2 and 4 squadrens of 30 to 50 fighters, all of which are faster and more manoverable than that of a tie fighters and carries heavyer armourments, im sorry but Warhammer 40k FTW in a space or ground campaign in a ship to ship engagement, as for the FTL comunications i agree that they have their advantage but when we are dealing with pure size and strengh of imperum's ships they are going to best even the biggest ships of the SW universe past and present, now i would like to point out that massive engagements in SW consists of a few hundred ship's when they wanted to pull their entire forces of the Galactic empire together it would THEN be a match for one of the Battlefleets of the imperium considering that the size of battlefleet tempest alone consists of over 10,000 warships and support craft

im sorry SW fans but its really a case of the powder puff girls VS blood crazed Psycopaths with no holds bard in the tunderdome its not going to be pritty but it will be over quickly and very very messy for the SW universe

The only reason I can think of for Star Wars to put up a fight is to combine every faction including The Old Republic, the Sith Empire, The Galactic Empire, the Infinite Empire, the Chiss Ascendancy and the like, to band together and put up a fight. But unless they discover time travel that aint happening.

The only reason I can think of for Star Wars to put up a fight is to combine every faction including The Old Republic, the Sith Empire, The Galactic Empire, the Infinite Empire, the Chiss Ascendancy and the like, to band together and put up a fight. But unless they discover time travel that aint happening.

Well if i may just say even if they did manage to combine all their forces from the past with those of the current SW universe then you must allow the 40K universe do the same, so we are no longer dealing with just the Imperial guard of the current 40k universe but the massive legions of Astarties of the past, where a chaptor of space marines number only 1000 psypathic killers now we are talking along the lines of 50,000 plus per legion and there are something like 20 legions each led by a primarch which is a true demi-god and thats not to mention the Emperor in his prime along with the Adaptus Custodians (proto Primarchs) which are his personal guard and he used to conquer earth without losing a single man might i add, twin that with the fact that your talking about combining all the factions of SW so we can combine all the factions of 40k as well, so lets see the endless swarms of the tyranids, the lightning fast raids of the eldar and dark eldar, the never ending march of the necron's undying legions, all currupting might of the forces of chaos, the rampaging orcs, the unbelievable firepower of the Tau all marching along side the for mentioned forces of the imperium

now to add to the imperium's forces

the forces of the the Grey Knights and Sisters of battle

all the chaptors of space marines (ultramarines, Space wolves, Dark Angels, Black Templar, Imperial Fists, Iron Hands, Ravens Guard, Blood Angels are names of but a few)

the Forces of the imperial guard including massive tank batallians all of which have the ability to reduce a city the size of London and hong kong combined to rubble within 12 hours

the Titan Legions of the Adaptus Machanicus

the Imperial Navy (past and present)

now if i have forgotten anything please forgive me as its like 05:30am here and im a little tired

but in a single caption no matter what little advantage you may think the SW universe has over the 40k one your not going to win regardless, mainly because your looking to take on a bunch of people and aliens that fight on a totally different level to that of the SW factions, for instance a general in the imperial guard wouldnt even blink if he lost a million men in a attack he would just send more and keep sending them to their deaths its just the mentality of the imperial guard they really dont care for their men they will keep coming, as for destroying Agri worlds in fast attacks and stuff like that (hands up) (oh well big loss) worlds can be repopulated and guarded easyly by a small contingent of their hugely overpowered ships, that is if they even consider caring in the first place, all they will want to do it whiping out all life in their way thats all they will care about especially considering that all your planets have been tainted by aliens and unpure tech, (orcs and the other races will just kill you without just cause) so yeah your SW universe past and present wouldnt stand a chance at all really its the carebears (Ewoks) VS crazed battle hardened Warriors (nearly everyone in 40k) sorry

i'm both W40k and SW fan

but i think that from military point of view W40k has a big advantage

in many ways both universe has equivalents

i just speak of W40k Emperium vs (Sith+Republic) not including Chaos, Necrons, Tiranids and Orcs

Imperial guard vs Stormtroopers

Karskins vs Mandolorians

AT AT vs Titans

and so on

W40k armaments are bigger and uglier and more powerful

but let's presume they are effective on the similar scale

as for me i think that Empreium will have an upper hand in battles - there is only a war for 10000 years!

and scale of mass destruction for Emperium is standart

SW hyperdrive makes hit&run tactics for SW very easy

but they will not stay long without bases and resources

and in face to face battle SW wil be overrun by the more resourceful and hardened Emperium

But we all know that the main battle will be fought by jedi/sith

and they are not main frontline strength - they are infiltrators and special forces

and they can not withstand Inquisition who cut their teeth on psykers, demons, xenos

and do not forget about Grey Knights and Deathwatch!

and there are other Space marines and their mighty Librarians!

SW has no chances.

Edited by pan_sObak