An example of how unpolished endgame is

I forgot to add that this week normal Eternity Vault didn't even reset for my guild. We were stuck with bosses cleared and missed loot. Pretty horrific bug.

Most people got it actually. What's more hilarious is hardmode Soa is the biggest luck fest ever. You should get a title "the lucky" for getting to phase 3 without getting plagued with one of the 24237857235 bugs the encounter has.

Truly annoying.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the OP, he is not whining not rage quitting and not dissing, he is simply

Trying to bring out logical issues that Bioware might have overlooked. He had meant no

Ill and simply hoped this gets fixed and we get more info from the devs. Why is that wrong?

1.Lololu50sofast?

It is infact very easy to get to 50 Without

Fastforwarding chats and alot of us already

Know most of the quests through beta.

We bought the game, whenever we hit 50

Is not up to the devs to predict, they should have

Either closed the instance or fix it fast.

2.Why is everyone comparing to WOW?

WOW was holding top subs for awhile ya

Know? Comparing with the best is inevitable.

3. Other games start broken too

Doesn't mean we should lower our standards..

Am I right to assume you guys are all okay

With buying stuff that is spoilt? If we keep lowering

Our standards the publishers will just keep pushing the

Line.. I don't want to see 20years from now MMORPGs

Launch using alpha builds just because "players expect bugs

We earn money then fix the issues when we feel like it."

Complacency that the publishers will feel and constantly

Push devs to release.

Note I love SWTOR, I simply hope it gets better. I'm certain

Most of us you label guys call "QQers" share my hopes.

Theres a usable object in inquisitorial level 30 quest (last of act 1) that has the name "THIS OBJECT HAS NO NAME". Reported in beta and I'm glad to see my old friend back in its place.

Agreed here. Obviously, I'm not playing RIFT because it got quickly boring for me and also none of my friends played it. One thing I won't take away from it though is that the game was very smooth, great content and *GASP* a good UI. One of the best betas I ever played.

Bioware is quickly becoming a *********** joke. I've never seen such a lack of effort put into a game.

How can you be so unoriginal when you're working with a STARWARS GAME?

I would have hotfixed the names of the dogs at the very least the moment I noticed it, if it were my game, holiday or not. That is just embarrassing for everyone who worked on the game.

Edited by Monol

The OP makes me Laugh! Its Launch! GET OVER IT!

You make me laugh, you want to know why? Because some of these bugs were reported in early beta (over a year ago) and they still exist.

"It's just early access"

"It's just launch"

"It's just the first month"

"It's just the second month"

"It's just the half year"

"It's just the first year"

"It's just the second year"

"It's just the first expansion pack"

NO MMO is polished to perfection when it comes out. And I also understand its BW's first MMO.

The reason you people don't understand is... they are not competing with 2004's release of WOW or 2011 Rift.... they are competing with 2012 WoW, etc now.

If you want to keep living your life in the past, by all means go ahead. But when a 2012 car comes with 20 mpg, I don't go "Well, but in 2000 cars had 20 mpg, but maybe in a few years their car will have 35 mpg." No, I go and buy the BETTER car. You have to compete. Competing drives business.

The best analogy I can provide(which i can't name who said it) is :

A new soda comes out to compete with Coca-cola...

You don't drink this new soda and say "Well it was alright, but it had a horrible aftertaste, maybe they'll get better in a few months/years/decades/millenia" NO. You don't drink that crap again, and you go back to Coca-cola.

First impressions mean a lot, whether you people like to admit or not. Now, I love this game, but if it cannot COMPETE with the others, there's no point in playing... regardless of how much I love to swing lightsabers around.

Edited by TheJmoney

Just be happy this game has any end game content at release. Besides no game is perfect, Least of all MMO's. Even Blizzard who is known for their "it'll be done, when it's ready" policy ships with bugs.

Just as an example, I remember in WoW, the final boss in the Pit of Saron (I think he was named Scourgelord Tyrannus) would reset up to his flying mount if aggroed incorrectly, making him unattackable, the only way to fix it was to die or run all the way back to the portal.

Edited by habbathejutt

Bioware is quickly becoming a *********** joke. I've never seen such a lack of effort put into a game.

How can you be so unoriginal when you're working with a STARWARS GAME?

I would have hotfixed the names of the dogs at the very least the moment I noticed it, if it were my game, holiday or not. That is just embarrassing for everyone who worked on the game.

How unoriginal?? Seem really original for me.

Its a place holder name that was over looked "OMGZ ITS GAMES BREAKEN IF NOEZ FIXEDED"

If it were your game?

We now know why you are not in the gaming industry.

How unoriginal?? Seem really original for me.

Its a place holder name that was over looked "OMGZ ITS GAMES BREAKEN IF NOEZ FIXEDED"

If it were your game?

We now know why you are not in the gaming industry.

And if it were your game everything would be named

"lolmob1" "lolmob2"

"kindalolmob1" "kindalolmob2"

"strongmob1"

"SUPERSRSMOB1"

"OMGBOSSGUYSMOB1"

http://i.imgur.com/LjkXc.jpg

TL;DR at the bottom.

Look at the mobs' names. Boss Beast 1. It's funny, and to some it may seem silly. But it does have one big, although subtle meaning: It shows that this part of the game — hard mode Karagga's Palace — was likely not tested once. Bioware didn't even test the raid once to notice that the mobs have to be renamed to "Ugly Dog" before going live.

Then there's the fact that the boss itself seems unpolished. It has what is supposedly a cone AOE, only it randomly hits people behind him.

It also has a problem with how it spawns. It spawns in the middle of the room, which is where players load into when they click on the door to his room. That, combined with his cone AOE, can lead to some random deaths just because Bioware did not notice or could not take the time to reposition the boss's spawn. This can be fixed by resetting the entire instance, but then players have to clear the raid's trash packs again.

The problem is it's just not this raid that is bugged. There are bugs and serious flaws elsewhere. In the Eternity Vault raid the third boss — the puzzle boss — randomly breaks. Same thing with the fourth boss — the 1V1 x8 or x16 boss. Then flashpoints, especially hard-mode flashpoints, are constantly overtuned, badly designed (requiring a knockback when a good amount of groups may not have a class with a knockback), or flat-out broken and buggy. Loot randomly doesn't work in both raids and flashpoints. Raids and flashpoints randomly have to be reset after wipes because players can't zone in, forcing the raid or group to clear trash all over again.

In the PVP front queues randomly break for literally hours on end. Ilum has no incentive for actual conflict. Thanks to player exploits Outlaw's Den has lost the only incentive it used to have outside of very rare chest spawns: great crafting mats in a small space. Some people can't even PVP due to serious FPS issues that have nothing to do with bad computers.

Then there's the gameplay and UI problems, like ability delay, which is sometimes intentional; the lack of UI modification; and the total lack of target of target (huge deal).

I know, I know. Most people are not at endgame. That is completely accurate, and I can understand the position.

Here is the problem: This is the kind of stuff that gives bad word of mouth, especially when it's all put together. There isn't a single aspect of the endgame that isn't unpolished or bugged, and that puts a bad taste in top players' mouths. If the top guilds and players are complaining about the game being a buggy mess at endgame that only discourages the casual, low-level players from working up. After all, why would they level up and work up to what is essentially a buggy mess?

TL;DR: I'm here for the long haul, Bioware, but at this rate I can't guarantee even my guilds or friends will be. If these bugs in every aspect of endgame aren't fixed before the end of the month I don't see the top guilds renewing, and that bad publicty can trickle down to the masses.

Unpolished game? Are you out of your mind or just plain ignorant?

Your lack of experience with mmos and judgmental bias is disturbing. You need a force choke.

And if it were your game everything would be named

"lolmob1" "lolmob2"

"kindalolmob1" "kindalolmob2"

"strongmob1"

"SUPERSRSMOB1"

"OMGBOSSGUYSMOB1"

Really? Because I am an Indie Dev and I name nothing like that so... Nice try.

All I saw was mention of things no other MMO has either at launch.

No MMO I know of had well tuned and polished end games, not even WoW *gasp*! Most MMO's launch with tons of problems with end game, sometimes they don't even have any end game.

Certainly the games got some issues, but what you are griping about for end game has NEVER been accomplished by any other MMO to date at launch.

Your answer...Rift did. It had by far the smoothest launch in the history of MMOs and was virtually bug free through end-game. Not to say there weren't little things, but there were no real issues at all.

Really? Because I am an Indie Dev and I name nothing like that so... Nice try.

Well, that's kinda my point guy.

If you are an INDIE DEV, and wouldn't have mobs named that way....

What gives an mmo with a seven digit number budget the right to?

This kind of stuff would be FINE if this were beta. But this isn't Beta. It's live. If the dev's wouldn't have wasted half their budget on VOs that get old quick... this problem wouldn't exist.

Your answer...Rift did. It had by far the smoothest launch in the history of MMOs and was virtually bug free through end-game. Not to say there weren't little things, but there were no real issues at all.

Wrong, that game was not bug free at all.

E.G. the biggest 'bug' was a loophole in their code that allowed hackers to gain access to peoples accounts, something people on this forum seem to forget. It also took a player to find the error in the code before it got corrected.

It may have been virtually perfect, but it's story was drab, plain and not very engaging. It's game play was so very hamster wheel, rinse and repeat.

I have yet to feel like I've been grinding or lost interest in what I've been doing in swtor.

Couldn't say the same thing about Rift.

People need to stop whining about what "hasn't been fixed yet".

I'm sure things have been logged in priority and they have giant dry erase boards full of scrawling lists of what needs to be done and not what you think is needing done.

Sit back a bit before you hang this game from the rafters.

Well, that's kinda my point guy.

If you are an INDIE DEV, and wouldn't have mobs named that way....

What gives an mmo with a seven digit number budget the right to?

This kind of stuff would be FINE if this were beta. But this isn't Beta. It's live. If the dev's wouldn't have wasted half their budget on VOs that get old quick... this problem wouldn't exist.

Usually programmers have placeholders so they can do Cntrl F to find and replace the name of the code. It happens more than you think.

I really don't get it why people are defending this or even compare it to a game which came out 7 years ago. It is 2012 and we can expect a polished game, at least to a certain extend, even a MMO (which clearly TOR is not)

What the OP stated is not necessary a problem but it says a lot how this game is developed. It is unpunctual and this says a lot about the company and their rushed product.

This alone is of course not a big deal, but there are a lot of (game breaking) bugs, for example mailed items disappearing or graphic glitches, like green bars all across your screen and so on.

Despite all the bugs and glitches, their CS is terrible at best, which is frustrating for a lot of players.

Nice find OP!

Guild Wars 2 and Diable 3 are both F2P...and due out soon. I believe a ton will cancel their TOR accounts to play these games for whatever reason just to give TOR some time to come around, the question will it.

I have already cancelled my TOR account...I will not be missed and I will not miss anything, because it will all be baby steps as they fixed many issues. In 4-6 months when I return the game will either be amazing or still having issues (and a sign for having issues is when you see ads that say, "10 day free trial".

One million (Plus) players have already bought the game. I bet a 3rd of them cancel at the end of the first month. After that it could increase again or decrease even more...but it will be the update that determines this.

Good Luck BioWare, "need it, you will"

Guild Wars 2 and Diable 3 are both F2P...and due out soon. I believe a ton will cancel their TOR accounts to play these games for whatever reason just to give TOR some time to come around, the question will it.

I have already cancelled my TOR account...I will not be missed and I will not miss anything, because it will all be baby steps as they fixed many issues. In 4-6 months when I return the game will either be amazing or still having issues (and a sign for having issues is when you see ads that say, "10 day free trial".

One million (Plus) players have already bought the game. I bet a 3rd of them cancel at the end of the first month. After that it could increase again or decrease even more...but it will be the update that determines this.

Good Luck BioWare, "need it, you will"

"I bet a 3rd of them cancel at the end of the first month."

Lol, just leave already.

YOU are the MINORITY on the FORUMS! many people are Playing and actually like the game.

So, you say WoW has issues?

Eq?

Every game that has 10 day free trial has issues?

WoW was released 7 years ago on a smaller budget than the $300 million it cost to develop SWTOR. Regardless of the costs, you'd think developers would learn valuable lessons from other game launches based on customer feedback.

All of that aside, I would think any company would strive to be the one and only company that DID do it right. I can't accept the excuse "because every game before it did it that way".

This 300 million gets thrown around a lot but there is nothing to prove that this was the budget. Avatar didn't cost that much to produce, more then likely it was around 100 million and the budget wow got wasn't much smaller. It's not like Blizzard was some small unknown studio.

I really don't get it why people are defending this or even compare it to a game which came out 7 years ago. It is 2012 and we can expect a polished game, at least to a certain extend, even a MMO (which clearly TOR is not)

What the OP stated is not necessary a problem but it says a lot how this game is developed. It is unpunctual and this says a lot about the company and their rushed product.

This alone is of course not a big deal, but there are a lot of (game breaking) bugs, for example mailed items disappearing or graphic glitches, like green bars all across your screen and so on.

Despite all the bugs and glitches, their CS is terrible at best, which is frustrating for a lot of players.

Nice find OP!

Not every complaint requires a hug and hand holding. I can only imagine the sort of trash they receive every day and the expectations that people have for CS for childlike difficulties.

They should of just launched with heroic dungeons and Ilum and pvp without multiple tiers of gear. They should of tuned all that crap and launched it 2-3 months from now.

This way people can enjoy the core of the game and feel like they don't need to rush to be better then everyone else and those who go up a little slower won't be getting steamrolled by premades with people in full battlemaster gear.