Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

Cancelling your subs for such as issue hoping to draw out a response from BW is really dumb, IMO. Down times for me are 6pm (When i get home) to 2am (when i sleep) on tuesdays.

Besides, do you think the devs/staff at Bioware has deliberately sat down and agreed that EU players (and Asians) are 2nd class players?

Having a 2nd Maintenance timing requires a whole new schedule for programmers/staff, which requires employing staff, logistics, other issues which we might not be aware of on the consumer side of things.

The game has just launched and i'm very sure that the team has many other issues which are more pressing to fix, To quit because no answer / response / change has been made for 3-6 months is fine, but to quit because of this so early into an MMO really serves no purpose.

Give it time, schedule in a girlfriend day, or a day for drinks, play a different game or catch up on real life during that off day. When BW finishes clearing the mess of issues it has during this launch period, i'm sure something will be done about their maintenance timings given the relatively large euro market that exists. A few players canceling their subs just because of maintenance timings won't get their panties in a bunch, in fact, w/o subscription, u lose 7 days of play time rather than just 1...

Look here, if my ISP for some reason has a problem, that results in downtime i get this cut off my bill, and usually they throw in a little extra as well for the inconvenience. I am paying my ISP for a service, and when they fail to deliver the service, then it is only fair that i get refunded for time lost.

Now, if my ISP was having problems and was not giving me a decent reason and compensation. Then i would simply move ISP. There are others out there, i like my current one, but i wont stay with them out of 'goodwill'. I pay for a service, and expect to get it. It is the same with this game.

I believe that Europeans unsubbing is the most effective means we have at our disposal to send EA/BW a message, saying that we dont care to be treated like second rank citizens. We can go elsewhere with our money. Then there is contacting gaming sites and discussing on different forums. Sending messages to EA/BW is probably useless, they just delete them all when they see the message 'EU Maintenance'.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maintenance fron 8AM GMT to 4PM GMT, ..... for the most part of Europe it's from 9AM to 5PM .....

I'm really tired of it, 9AM its not peak time, but 5PM ... it is, or at least very close to it, more on Christmas Holidays.

Please BW, i beg you, consider different maintenance times for EU and US

PLEASE!

If you compare paying for MMOs to any ISP services, I'm very sure there is no MMO you would bear to pay to play.

I see your point that it is a customer service oversight. I'm just saying what you want will probably happen sooner rather than later. It is too soon to be giving ultimatums.

I guess no one is right and its all in the opinions. And i just thought i would add one from the perspective of a 'third class player'. Our regional launch is not in a few months time and our entire peak hour is wiped off by Maintenance.

Hope to see you back when they fix this issue.

Maintenance fron 8AM GMT to 4PM GMT, ..... for the most part of Europe it's from 9AM to 5PM .....

I'm really tired of it, 9AM its not peak time, but 5PM ... it is, or at least very close to it, more on Christmas Holidays.

Please BW, i beg you, consider different maintenance times for EU and US

PLEASE!

Quite some GMT +2 as well and don't forget the Russians with GMT +3.

Only a very small part of Europe will have it from 8 AM to 4 PM.

Bioware did respond before, basically stating that they don't consider it to be inconvenient.

I think most people from the EU disagree when the extended maintenance hits 20:00. and beyond.

For some reason they think it's important to have the patch at the same time.

But this is probably because it's cheaper since no one will care about the PVE rush in this game.

I wonder if i have missed a "gold" reply regarding this issue, i have not seen any, to the date, i really dont know if they even have plans to "add EU maintenances times" at all in the near future :mad:

No mate, you haven't. There has been no response to this thread since Chris Collins post on the 27th.

Hello everyone, we wanted to let you know that we will be performing scheduled maintenance for eight hours on January 4th, 2012 from 11AM CST (9AM PST/12AM EST) until 7PM CST (5PM PST/8PM EST) for North American servers and 3AM GMT (4AM CET) until 11AM GMT (12AM CET) for Eruropean servers. All game servers will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than eight hours, but could be extended.

Generally speaking we are aiming to limit our scheduled maintenance period to once a week, on Tuesdays. However, this week we will perform maintenance on Wednesday due to the New Year’s holiday. We are aiming for this weekly maintenance period to take place in an off-peak time for both North American and European players. We are also aiming to inform players of the precise duration of any weekly maintenance period at least 24 hours before the maintenance begins.

For our new players, this weekly maintenance is done in order to make general improvements and to check performance of the game so that we can continue to provide a consistent, quality experience. Quite often (but not always) after a maintenance period there will [EA/BW is still learning english: >>be<<] a patch to download. Please be sure to update your launcher after any maintenance period.

Scheduled Maintenance

Date: Wednesday, January 4th, 2012

Time:

4AM CST (2AM PST/5AM EST) until 12AM CST (10AM PST/1PM EST) for North American servers

3AM GMT (4AM CET) until 11AM GMT (12AM CET) for Eruropean servers

All game servers will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than eight hours.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

We apologize to our European customers for not being able to see that it is indeed possible to have night time maintenance exactly like we do it for our North American customers. We ensue our European customers that our newly hired team of quantum physics experts tasked with solving the scheduled maintenance timeframe problem, which was incredible difficult to solve as our most limited understanding of the world is, of course, centered only around US, will continue to deliver solutions to several other problems and actively pursue and strive to assure that EA/BW will deliver the highest quality of service.

I'd wish to see this... Or at least only the scheduled maintenance part of this.

Edited by Urdnaxela

At some point we will have to do something about this, EU community can't be left aside, don't know what to do, but something to show BW we are not accepting it.

Maybe starting by mass emailing BW or mass ticketing, something that they will notice

Just cancel ur subsription.

They WILL notice.

no, i like the game, at least overall, i want to keep playing and want to keep paying for it, but in return, i want to have same treatment than players from US.

How about making maintenance windows overnight in EU and US altenatively? like one week at US night, next at EU night ... :cool:

We apologize to our European customers for not being able to see that it is indeed possible to have night time maintenance exactly like we do it for our North American customers. We ensue our European customers that our newly hired team of quantum physics experts tasked with solving the scheduled maintenance timeframe problem, which was incredible difficult to solve as our most limited understanding of the world is, of course, centered only around US, will continue to deliver solutions to several other problems and actively pursue and strive to assure that EA/BW will deliver the highest quality of service.

I'd wish to see this... Or at least only the scheduled maintenance part of this.

;) At least we have no lost our sense of humor

If you want a the same treatment, cancel your account.

If you keep it on, you're only following their suit. If you awaits some civilized and logical response for these guys you can stand it sit for a long time.

As one northamerican wise man said once time: I've a dream.

Edited by CovenantOfDeath

If you want a the same treatment, cancel your account.

If you keep it on, you're only following their suit. If you awaits some civilized and logical response for these guys you can stand it sit for a long time.

As one black man said once time: I've a dream.

I'm a dreamer, a patient dreamer, an stubborn patient dreamer

no, i like the game, at least overall, i want to keep playing and want to keep paying for it, but in return, i want to have same treatment than players from US.

How about making maintenance windows overnight in EU and US altenatively? like one week at US night, next at EU night ... :cool:

I like the game as well. But will not agree to being treated as a second grade customer.

I like the game as well, but im not putting up with paying more for less. Its just not an alternative. If they come with a message, saying that they are working on solving this issue, then i will keep subbing.

If BW wants to be a global company, be one!

you can not be global and think national

EU players must pay Internationale charges for calling CS, and stay up all hours of the night to do it

EU Players can not play 8 hours of the day on Maintenance day

Euro is worth way more than the US dollar and has been for a long time now :(

((For those in USA)), please I beg you from one American to another: Imagine your game being off line from 10 am to 6pm, or 12 noon till 8 pm or worse yet 2pm to 10 pm every week there is maintenance and then tell me, you would not be angry also?

If you could not play because the Servers were down to allow Maintenance to happen while Eu players (mostly) slept..

As An American, I know we are vocal and do not let anyone walk on us without speaking up. Understand we are NOT bashing USA, we are angry at BW for not offering EU players the same thing you expect from them.

Edited by Kaarina

8 hours maintenance until 5PM is just insane, I don't care about it because I'm going to be at work, but not everyone is.

Everquest 2 had EU maintenance times back in early 2005, and SOE is know for NOT listening to its customers, so I can't really understand why Bioware is ignoring the problem, EU servers are physically in Europe anyway.

Edited by DuskD

8 hours maintenance until 5PM is just insane, I don't care about it because I'm going to be at work, but not everyone is.

Everquest 2 had EU maintenance times back in early 2005, and SOE is know for NOT listening to its customers, so I can't really understand why Bioware is ignoring the problem, EU servers are physically in Europe anyway.

I'm disagree. I've been playing Everquest for long years. And ever I've got a serious or non serious problem (stuck, loot....) a GM has resolve the problem. From my humble experience SOE has given to me the best service from far, followed by Blizzard from close distance.