Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

Heh. KABOOM! ;)

Tbh I find it quite insulting that they apparently do find the time to close the old topic and start a new one. But can't even take the time to say "we see your concerns, we'll get back to you on this".

Particularly as Stephen Reid has been on to post about people getting suspensions and bans.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You hit the nail on the head, they shut down the forums for exactly that reason, to avoid the rage and complaints people would have about their (so far) lackluster service. Once the servers are back up again the majority of those people will be back playing, soothed for the moment.

That does seem to be the reason, yeah. :p Not good practice tbh.

I think I would laugh if he would.

Still doesn't take away I rather have the issue addressed than a circus monkey providing entertainment.

aww now come on, you know not being able to use your emotes while mounted was game breaker. Silly EU players thinking anyone cares about their Euros, voices or being treated fairly....Silly silly players

aww now come on, you know not being able to use your emotes while mounted was game breaker. Silly EU players thinking anyone cares about their Euros, voices or being treated fairly....Silly silly players

You know I am glad we're going to get that.

Not that I meet a lot of people while I quests but the one I do I will spam the living >insert naughty word< out of with these emotes.

Glad they got their priorities straight.

After wednesday patch we will have another announcement that they are aware of the problem and will do their best to fix it. Making next maintetance back on tuesday, starting an hour earlier or two earlier and lasting for hour or two more.

I'm still hoping they change it sooner rather than later. Won't happen this week but once they start seeing the exit polls it seems foolish not to. I really can't see that there is a that big an implication to logistics or to costs for that matter. Surely loosing subscriptions over it (however many) is to be avoided?

And still no response of any kind. Nothing on Twitter either, but he has found the time in his busy schedule to talk about sweatshirts.

I was thinking of signing up to twitter just to express my deep dis satisfaction. Maybe I will do as my sub draws to an end. Seems like that is the medium than Reid pays attention to most. (And he's a brit for crying out loud)

I was thinking of signing up to twitter just to express my deep dis satisfaction. Maybe I will do as my sub draws to an end. Seems like that is the medium than Reid pays attention to most. (And he's a brit for crying out loud)

Stephen Reid is on Twitter 95% of the time, devs don't really bother posting much on the website anymore it seems. Most of the posts in the dev tracker are standard yellow CS replies.

Having said that, Reid barely answers people on Twitter, he picks a few tweets every hour, but the chance that it's your tweet is negligible. He never replied to any of mine.

*yawn*

And people in the WoW community thought us Aussies were whingers for banging on endlessly about getting shafted by maintenance. You Euros have us beat.

Then, I look forward to hearing your complaints about downtimes.

Stephen Reid is on Twitter 95% of the time, devs don't really bother posting much on the website anymore it seems. Most of the posts in the dev tracker are standard yellow CS replies.

Having said that, Reid barely answers people on Twitter, he picks a few tweets every hour, but the chance that it's your tweet is negligible. He never replied to any of mine.

I get the distinct feeling Bioware's idea of communication will involve telling their customers as little as possible, only what they want them to know, and doing it via vague answers to the same questions in countless "interviews" with third party sites, whilst steering clear of approaching the subjects that the community feels need answering.

If they try to stick to a "we'll only tell you about something when we feel it's ready" philosophy, then it may bite them in the proverbial ***. Other MMO's tried that, and it pissed the community off.

People need re-assurance or there's a good chance they'll cancel. It's that simple.

Edited by Tarka

Morning to all!

Any news out there or we are still in the dark?

Summoning Yellow companion!

No news, although pretty much everyone will be back at work at BioWare today. I doubt they are totally ignoring this thread, it will spark some kind of discussion, it's just whether they actually give a stuff enough to do something about it. I'm sure Stephen Reid and Chris Collins have had a few tweets on the matter, plus we are on the second incarnation of this thread. You would think they would have to raise the issue with somebody.

No news, although pretty much everyone will be back at work at BioWare today. I doubt they are totally ignoring this thread, it will spark some kind of discussion, it's just whether they actually give a stuff enough to do something about it. I'm sure Stephen Reid and Chris Collins have had a few tweets on the matter, plus we are on the second incarnation of this thread. You would think they would have to raise the issue with somebody.

Misplaced your faith in them might be my little padawan...

Stop crying like a child.

You have no idea what's behind a mantenance schedule like the one they will do tomorrow. It's very likely they need to make it all in the same time to avoid issue we have no idea.

Also normal ppl during the afternoon study \ work, if u have nothing to do, just go out few hours, take a fresh breath of air, come back and u will find server online ready to let u play the game.

Misplaced your faith in them might be my little padawan...

Probably. But they will definitely have seen this thread and it will be mentioned at some point in conversation, but as I've said, it just depends on whether they are interested enough to do something about it.

Stop crying like a child.

You have no idea what's behind a mantenance schedule like the one they will do tomorrow. It's very likely they need to make it all in the same time to avoid issue we have no idea.

Also normal ppl during the afternoon study \ work, if u have nothing to do, just go out few hours, take a fresh breath of air, come back and u will find server online ready to let u play the game.

Well if you have no idea, why comment at all?

If BioWare actually spoke to us and said that it's impossible to do separate maintenance, that would at least be a start. Besides, even if it IS impossible, it's not impossible to move the time slot back 4 hours, which is a compromise many here have said they will accept if necessary.