Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

Not going to read all the posts I missed on this thread, but notice that the talk has moved to shareholders. I made a small killing on Funcom stock selling it short just after the release of AoC. That was pretty much as a result of my playing the game and what the mood was on the forums. Still the voice overs where good and the music....wow. I certainly would not consider that with EA

I can still vote about the maintenance with my wallet. I wonder would they even consider taking down the origin store in the same timeslot? My hunch is that any employee that suggested it would be laughed out of the building with there box of photos, plastic light sabre, nerf gun and pot plant.

Edited by GumBoil

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a money problem

I'm not convinced of that. It's actually cheaper to have crews working during the day than during the night, yet BioWare has maintenance at night. I think the decision is a little more involved than simply, 'let's go for the cheapest time slot'.

I think it's a money issue, one weekly maintenance schedule through the night is cheaper than two. Don't forget a large chunk of this games profits go to LA so the smaller the overheads the more both companies make. Edited by Mandrax

I think it's a money issue, one weekly maintenance schedule through the night is cheaper than two. Don't forget a large chunk of this games profits go to LA so the smaller the overheads the more both companies make.

Then why not do a single maintenance during the day, which is cheaper than doing it at night? If it really has to be as cheap as possible, why do it during the night? The level of quality doesn't change, the price tag does.

The whole decision makes little sense to me from a financial point of view, if only because BioWare should've known in the long run this may cost subs and even more money...

Well at least they noticed the size of the thread since they had to recreate it.

Maybe that means they'll actually read it and realize how many pissed customers they have in Europe right now!

If they keep it that way they won't have any pissed customers in Europe - all will quit.

Money talks. As long as Europeans keep on subscribing, that is exactly as long as BioWare will continue to piss on EU customers. Vote with your wallet, that is the only message which will get through.

I already did. Cancelled subscription and I urge evey european player to do the same.

--------------

Untill like 2 weeks ago I was an absolute BW and TOR fanboy. Defending both game and company in almost every dispute. Queues, bugs, customer service.

Now, due to their arrogant behavior I'm totally disillusioned. They have 16 days left to change it, after that I'm off and never looking back. Spreading my bad oppinion about BW and TOR as far and wide as I can.

Even if they fix maintenance and their behaviour it will take them alot of time to actually get my trust and support back.

Edited by ninoss

So even though they 'said' after last weeks debacle, that they would be changing the EU maintenance times to suit players better in Europe, and now look, nothing has changed and again we get screwed over.

What a joke, even Blizzard understood not to do this to a large section of their customer base, eventually it will disappear.

Another bad showing from BioWare. I know they are mmo noobs, but come on.

So even though they 'said' after last weeks debacle, that they would be changing the EU maintenance times to suit players better in Europe, and now look, nothing has changed and again we get screwed over.

What a joke, even Blizzard understood not to do this to a large section of their customer base, eventually it will disappear.

Another bad showing from BioWare. I know they are mmo noobs, but come on.

I think what they said was they'd try to make sure there wasn't another extension as bad as the last one.

Technically prime time is 7pm - 11pm.

I'm in Australia and I know that the majority of the Aussies are online between those hours. I also know that maintenance in all games for Aussies starts at 8pm and generally goes to around 3-4am. You get used to it and it won't change when Australians get local servers either.

Technically prime time is 7pm - 11pm.

I'm in Australia and I know that the majority of the Aussies are online between those hours. I also know that maintenance in all games for Aussies starts at 8pm and generally goes to around 3-4am. You get used to it and it won't change when Australians get local servers either.

You should be vocal about it so you'd get local maintenance.

I know that ANZA is a small player group, even together with Korea and Japan since Asians play mostly their own stuff anyway, but still you deserve it.

BTW, having a choice between EU and US servers with different maintenance times should be bit helpful for you as well.

@ Keadin, no they actually said they would try and move it to a more convenient time slot for EU players.

But like all companies and politicians, they tell you what you want to hear, and keep taking your money.

I don't recall seeing that, mind if I ask for a link? That evidence hasn't surfaced once in 2 incarnations of this thread, it could be important :eek:

Morning to all!

As i see we are still waiting for an answer.

Or something it´s done before the patch day or the forums would get in flames.

Again.

I can´t understand how something so simple, even the smallest companies out there can achieve two companies as big as Ea / Bioware can´t

Edited by Erelenko

I think that the problems it's not if they cant... the question is if THEY WANT.

And it's clear that it's not in her minds at the moment, they're still considering EU users as secondary market and "calculated" casualities.

I begin to think that there is not a marketing department in this company.

Cancelling your subs for such as issue hoping to draw out a response from BW is really dumb, IMO. Down times for me are 6pm (When i get home) to 2am (when i sleep) on tuesdays.

Besides, do you think the devs/staff at Bioware has deliberately sat down and agreed that EU players (and Asians) are 2nd class players?

Having a 2nd Maintenance timing requires a whole new schedule for programmers/staff, which requires employing staff, logistics, other issues which we might not be aware of on the consumer side of things.

The game has just launched and i'm very sure that the team has many other issues which are more pressing to fix, To quit because no answer / response / change has been made for 3-6 months is fine, but to quit because of this so early into an MMO really serves no purpose.

Give it time, schedule in a girlfriend day, or a day for drinks, play a different game or catch up on real life during that off day. When BW finishes clearing the mess of issues it has during this launch period, i'm sure something will be done about their maintenance timings given the relatively large euro market that exists. A few players canceling their subs just because of maintenance timings won't get their panties in a bunch, in fact, w/o subscription, u lose 7 days of play time rather than just 1...

Cancelling your subs for such as issue hoping to draw out a response from BW is really dumb, IMO. Down times for me are 6pm (When i get home) to 2am (when i sleep) on tuesdays.

Besides, do you think the devs/staff at Bioware has deliberately sat down and agreed that EU players (and Asians) are 2nd class players?

Having a 2nd Maintenance timing requires a whole new schedule for programmers/staff, which requires employing staff, logistics, other issues which we might not be aware of on the consumer side of things.

The game has just launched and i'm very sure that the team has many other issues which are more pressing to fix, To quit because no answer / response / change has been made for 3-6 months is fine, but to quit because of this so early into an MMO really serves no purpose.

Give it time, schedule in a girlfriend day, or a day for drinks, play a different game or catch up on real life during that off day. When BW finishes clearing the mess of issues it has during this launch period, i'm sure something will be done about their maintenance timings given the relatively large euro market that exists. A few players canceling their subs just because of maintenance timings won't get their panties in a bunch, in fact, w/o subscription, u lose 7 days of play time rather than just 1...

While I agree canceling subs probably won't do much, you are missing the point entirely.

If your maintenance times are such that means you are outside the launch territories and not a consideration. They launched this game in Europe, they should be servicing EU servers during proper times as other MMO devs do.

Yes they've a lot of problems to fix. But this is simple, to contract an European Staff for the downtime, they've the servers in Europe.

And excuse me but contracting that staff is going to be cheaper than the money loss they're going to have in EU if they keep these manteniance time.

And you're right there is a lot of things to do, like playing another games for which I'm not going to pay monthly and give me a better service than this.

Edited by CovenantOfDeath

Omg really we have to explain again what a child of 3 years could understand with out any problems.

Why an european players have to change anything of their playtime and the american customer just sleep an voila the servers are up, patched and the sky is blue.

We are talking that any european customer with gmt+1 or more are loosing almost 1 day every week.

All games are doing separate maintenance times windows, this is going to explode in the face of bioware ea if something is not done imminent.

Edited by Erelenko

Seems pretty clear to me that the answer to this question is "YES!". Either that or they are so dumb that they didn't think their non-US subscribers would mind the inconvenience of a daytime removal of service every week. I'm sure the decision makers are not dumb, they will have "done the numbers" and concluded that the lost revenue from non-US players quitting due to this decision is adequately offset by the economic savings of doing all server maintenance at the same time.

It's just a business, nothing personal.

It’s clear at this point that Bioware should just stick to making solo RPG’s.

Just about everything in this game is worse or lacking compared to their competitors.

EU was poorly handled during the beta, and still is. They just want our money and couldn’t care less about anything else we say or want.

I’ve already canceled, so have many of my friends. I see no future for this game unless drastic improvements are made. It’ll be another just another over-hyped MMO.

Edited by ministry-

Just about everything in this game is worse or lacking compared to their competitors.

EU was poorly handled during the beta, and still is. They just want our money and couldn’t care less about anything else we say or want.

I’ve already canceled, so have many of my friends. I see no future for this game unless drastic improvements are made. It’ll be another just another over-hyped MMO.

Amen to that

You're allright... you read my mind, you be powerful in the Force

As much as I was looking forward to the game, I'm more and more inclined to agree... I'm still giving BioWare some time though (more than they deserve, I know).