Cybertech/Biochem need a nerf.

Hohei

The permanent use epic items gained at 400 give these two classes too much of an advantage over players who do not have the items in both PvE and PvP.

They need to be consumed on use or lowered in effectiveness in order to bring it along with other crew skills. Fair is fair after all.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The permanent use epic items gained at 400 give these two classes too much of an advantage over players who do not have the items in both PvE and PvP.

They need to be consumed on use or lowered in effectiveness in order to bring it along with other crew skills. Fair is fair after all.

Rather than making the other skills useful so anyone would want to level them up, you mean?

Must be a WoW player. Goes straight to the attack, rather that ask for their profession to be tuned up to the "working" professions. Why not suggest X crafting skill get epic use items, like a short-term damage enhancer for armstech, some short-term single/aoe damage reduction spray on coating for armor, quick use shield boosting mods for ships? No, that would be constructive and creative, wouldn't it? And you don't like that.

OP is going about this the wrong way. Nerfing isn't the solution, buffing the other professions is.

For example, Cybertech can only craft up to "rank 22" Armorings/Mods/etc for gear. By doing a few level 50 dailies, I can spend a cheap amount of like 8 Daily Commendations to get epic "rank 23" mods for my gear, which are by and far the best acquirable, beyond what any player can craft. There's no reason for players to undertake the huge moneysink to grind up these professions when they provide nothing unique or necessary in that regard. This should be changed.

Similarly, almost all the PvP epics, all the epics from Corellia or Daily Commendation vendors and probably raid drops too, all come with their own slots/mods or stats on the actual gear which can't be removed. By comparison, I haven't yet seen a crafted item with Armoring/Mod/Enhancement plus Augment that can really compete statwise with these items. To me, this makes crafting such gear also pointless, unless you're willing to sacrifice that much in stats for a particular appearance. This should also be changed. I have never once felt compelled to seek out a Synthweaver/Armormech to spend my credits to acquire gear, and I can't imagine they make much money trying to sell stuff on the GTN.

(Along with the fact that I don't like that, in order to get the best stats from those level 50 epics, I'm going to have to look identical to anyone else doing the same. The mod system is great, level 50's shouldn't be penalized for using it to have custom-looking gear. This is especially true with PvP epic gear that innately comes with Expertise, and you'll miss out a lot if you don't have any.)

Destroying the professions that actually have a use is not the way to handle this. Fixing the uselessness of other professions is.

Edited by Luxora

you're right, non consumed cybertech grenades on a 5 min cooldown are very OP

To be clear I don't want any professions nerfed but honestly if you compare it to Artifice or Synthweaving or Armstech or Armormech from which you get literally nothing once you get some Operation gear, yes it is over powered.

Something > nothing.

To be clear I don't want any professions nerfed but honestly if you compare it to Artifice or Synthweaving or Armstech or Armormech from which you get literally nothing once you get some Operation gear, yes it is over powered.

Something > nothing.

Biochem reusables are on a 90 second cooldown. But your point stands. The other crafting professions should have other perks that would make them the least bit desirable to have after one reaches lvl 50. However, calling for nerfs isn't the best way to go about it 2 weeks after release. They should bring all the crew skills in line.

P.s. 5 minute cooldown on grenades is horrible

For example, Cybertech can only craft up to "rank 22" Armorings/Mods/etc for gear. By doing a few level 50 dailies, I can spend a cheap amount of like 8 Daily Commendations to get epic "rank 23" mods for my gear, which are by and far the best acquirable, beyond what any player can craft. There's no reason for players to undertake the huge moneysink to grind up these professions when they provide nothing unique or necessary in that regard. This should be changed.

What moneysink is that?

I really want to hear an explanation. People here constantly talk about leveling a craft skill as moneysink, when in reality, it's dirt cheap, basically free.

I'm at cybertech 320 something, and the only monetary ingredient in the green recipes I use to level up is a pair of 200 credit bottles. I get 2-3 points in cybertech per successful craft. That means I'm spending 4k for every 20 points in cybertech. Takes me approximately 2-5 minutes to earn that money back.

If you're dumb enough not to realize you don't have to level a mission skill in order to craft, then you deserve it.

Edited by wixxkruppel

What moneysink is that?

I really want to hear an explanation. People here constantly talk about leveling a craft skill as moneysink, when in reality, it's dirt cheap, basically free.

I'm at cybertech 320 something, and the only monetary ingredient in the green recipes I use to level up is a pair of 200 credit bottles. I get 2-3 points in cybertech per successful craft. That means I'm spending 4k for every 20 points in cybertech. Takes me approximately 2-5 minutes to earn that money back.

If you're dumb enough not to realize you don't have to level a mission skill in order to craft, then you deserve it.

The money sink is in the crew skills for blue/purple mats. to level is basically free to make green items. Most peeps go for all the pretty blues/purples -- going broke in the process.

From a Biochemists standpoint, the reusables are only usable by you. Yes. This saves you a ton of money while questing that would have went to med packs and stems.

But guess what? My blue grade designs, beneath my purples, often have better effects. A heal over time attatched to the heal. A stem might have damage reduction or an added stat that my reusable would not. They will be in demand simply because they are optimal. And guess what? You don't need Biochem to use them.

This makes me and the other biochemists push our goods to our guild mates or to the market instead of hording them for ourselves for questing and pvp. This is a good thing. At worst we've helped our friends and alts. At best, we've saturated the market so that prices stay sane. Win/Win.

Edited by Rudest

The money sink is in the crew skills for blue/purple mats. to level is basically free to make green items. Most peeps go for all the pretty blues/purples -- going broke in the process.

Exactly.

What annoys me are the people here complaining about their own lack of common sense. It's like crying about your own stupidity.

From a Biochemists standpoint, the reusables are only usable by you. Yes. This saves you a ton of money while questing that would have went to med packs and stems.

But guess what? My blue grade designs, beneath my purples, often have better effects. A heal over time attatched to the heal. A stem might have damage reduction or an added stat that my reusable would not. They will be in demand simply because they are optimal. And guess what? You don't need Biochem to use them.

This makes me and the other biochemists push our goods to our guild mates or to the market instead of hording them for ourselves for questing and pvp. This is a good thing. At worst we've helped our friends and alts. At best, we've saturated the market so that prices stay sane. Win/Win.

The blues have better effects because you have to reverse engineer the Reusable to get the recipe that has the HOT on it. Just like you had to reverse engineer the green to get the blue that has the HOT on it.

I really wish Bioware would change that.

If they're so awesome, why aren't you leveling one instead of whining?

If they're so awesome, why aren't you leveling one instead of whining?

I have a cybertech already, thank you. Between mods (needed), droid parts (needed), speeder building (convenience), ship parts (nice to have), grenades (handy in both PvE and PvP). One skill does so much, it's amazing.

Biochem users have already admitted how handy it is to have a self-use never ending buff themselves.

The point is while certain crew skills have some niche (mainly mods), only cybertech and biochem have something at 400 so desirable that would affect serious competitors at endgame.

Please refrain from insulting if you have nothing nice to say, thank you.

Fantastic. Game is out for 2 weeks and people are already crying out for nerfs...Well it was to be expected really, and believe me, you have all the rights to complain and call for nerfs. I do hope you realize that there are games that have been ruined by people like you, no offense.

Fantastic. Game is out for 2 weeks and people are already crying out for nerfs...Well it was to be expected really, and believe me, you have all the rights to complain and call for nerfs. I do hope you realize that there are games that have been ruined by people like you, no offense.

Oooo NGE reference? /discuss

/truth. +rep. let BW deal with the balancing acts. DO NOT listen to the vocal minority that are the majority of gaming forums.

Can Cybertech sell the one use Grenades for "cheap"? If so, find a Cybertech dude and buy off him.

The other professions, as so commonly pointed out, gives no unique bonuses like Cybertech or Bio. Give them bind on pick-up upgrade items that are only a small slice above what you can get (But still better) and that will solve the complaint that "My profession gives me nothing!"

Although due to the orange item system Bioware will have to provide both mods and regular equipment.