Bounty Hunter is OP

golfwang

So op, they have knockback and what is melee suppossed to do after? It slows too!! then they have the best attack in the game death from above crazy aoe. bounty hunter always top dmg in warzones, ALWAYS. the only class i sometimes see beat them is sniper (also op). Lower there damage a little and give them a smaller knockback. also, jedi guardian need knockback, thank you bioware.

we do play the same game?

how many times do you see BH using death from above?is so hard to do a step back?(and no more dmg)

but what about 70% of players are playing sith?

Well considering the AOE markers don't actually represent the range of the AOE....

But yeah, the classes are actually fairly balanced. Though one healer is more than capable of outhealing a similar level dps spec, which is ridiculous.

It's no wonder BH does top damage - AoE damage is his role. That doesn't make him OP, however. Neither do his abilities. In fact, all the "OP" threads, as well as some WZ experience, led me to the thought that in hands of a skilled player, any class can be played in such a manner that other people will just stay in awe and wish they played that class. Bottom line: don't look at others. Make YOUR char OP. And for that, you have to at least stop starting such doubtful threads here.

I am so sick of all the OP threads about every single class. It is ridiculous. The majority aren't even 50 yet. You can't possibly know what is balanced or imbalanced until at least 3-6 months in.

i am so sick of BH ruining pvp for everyone else and you probably play one. don't be biased man, spread the fun around k?

So op, they have knockback and what is melee suppossed to do after? It slows too!! then they have the best attack in the game death from above crazy aoe. bounty hunter always top dmg in warzones, ALWAYS. the only class i sometimes see beat them is sniper (also op). Lower there damage a little and give them a smaller knockback. also, jedi guardian need knockback, thank you bioware.

DMG charts are not that interesting, especially if it is achieved with AOE or spamming your dmg from range to multiple targets.

Important is how the class succeeds if you are in a real fight with someone else...if you think that the class is to powerfull vs melees...well maybe, I dont know it.

Edited by BobaFurz

pfft. my DoT spec Sage does 400k+ dmg every WZ. I hardly see BH's get 250k. BH is just a one button spam class, not hard to beat, not hard to beat in dmg.

Use your Dot removal when you get to a higher level.... I'm not one to say "OMG LOLZERZ STOP QQ'N GO LEVEL NUB", but I must say, this does kind of fall in to the category of knowing how to use your class/knowing when to fight/knowing when to use your defensive abilities.

Topping the charts just means they AE'd and since most people are new to the game they sit in death from above and all sorts of AE while they derp...give it a month and the dmg will go down also nobody is interrupting tracer missles....once people learn hey maybe i should interrupt that then the dmg will go to nothing.

AoE damage is deceitful in how powerful it SEEMS. For example, Imagine an AoE that does 1 damage to 100,000 people at once. Super power and OP, right? 100,000 damage in one hit. Does it actually DO anything worthwhile? Not in the least.

Also, just leaving the "BIG RED CIRCLE HERE YOU'RE ABOUT TO BE HURT" area completely nullifies his damage to you 100%.

It's not that hard to avoid.

Also, as for his knockback. It's on a cooldown, and on top of that, one class isn't supposed to be able to be hard counters to every other class. Some classes you just are not designed to take down. Leave that to the hard counter class for them and you concentrate on yours.

My class, for example, is horrible at taking down tanks. I leave that to the classes that can take them out easier. I instead concentrate more on the people supporting him, such as his healer.

Edited by RpTheHotrod

Anni Mara and bh aren't so bad. They were at the start but as more get higher level they seem to be balancing out.

Meh, BHs might seem overpowered if you play a melee class because melee, like Knights, tend to cluster around an enemy which makes them an easy target for AOE attacks. If you play a melee class you have to stay on the move. If you cluster up or stay stationary your going to get mowed down by AOE.

Free advice.

Edited by MorgonKara

A class is OP if the person playing it is good. I top the charts on my BH every time, because guess what..the class has DoTs and AoEs, which is extreme damage. Its not OP though, as many other BHs I see are middle or bottom, I have also been beaten by other classes. Classes arent OP, the player is OP.

And powertech has a very big anti-melee attack, flame burst. If talented it always triggers your DoT too making it even more powerful, and it allows rail shot which does a ton of damage. BHs that charge in and just spam that and die a ton arent OP, BHs that strategically run in use it once and run out are OP, as I said in the first paragraph, player is OP not class.

Edited by CommanderFrog

I am so sick of all the OP threads about every single class. It is ridiculous. The majority aren't even 50 yet. You can't possibly know what is balanced or imbalanced until at least 3-6 months in.

Shhh! common sense on these forums will get you flamed so hard, satan will feel pity.

I have a commando (the BH's mirror) and can mention now what the main broken aspect of them is and what people are missing:

Wrist Rockets/Nade launcher.

Extremely spammable, distance based and you can easily kill someone before you need to reload/vent (takes 3 ammo/heat per shot)

Engage pattern is simple for my Commando for a nigh on guaranteed kill against anyone but a healer:

1. Cryo Grenade

2. Mortar Volley

3. Spam Nade Launcher

4. Reload as needed, throw the occasional sticky grenade in when possible.

Against a healer, I'd have to hold off my Cryo > Mortar Volley until they try to heal themselves

Easiest way to fix the problem is increase the ammo/heat cost to 4 making it much less spammable (sound daft but that extra point of cost can mean a lot)