Progression Changes coming in 7.5.1

• Dev Post

Hey Community!

As we continue through the Legacy of the Sith expansion, we want to make further adjustments to improve the experience of our gear progression. Patch 7.5.1 will contain adjustments to increase reward choice and give more opportunities for progression.

More Choice in your Rewards
To help players progress towards Artifact gear, we’re going to increase the choice of rewards from missions. Players will be able to choose between the Upgrade Caches or more currency.

• Veteran Flashpoint Weekly missions will reward an Elite Decurion Upgrade Cache or an additional 130 FP-1 Stabilizers.
  • Master Flashpoint Weekly missions will reward a Supreme Decurion Upgrade Cache or an additional 310 FP-1 Stabilizers.
  • Daily and Heroic Area missions will reward a Noble Decurion Distribution Chest or 25 FP-1 Stabilizers.
  • Story Operations Weekly missions will reward a Tionese Upgrade Cache or 70 OP-1 Catalysts.

More Opportunities to Get Stronger
We want to support players making more progress each week. We’re going to increase the amount of times our [WEEKLY] Missions can be completed and increase the weekly progress caps on our progression currency.

• Flashpoint Weekly missions can be completed 4 times per week
  • Daily and Heroic missions can be completed 3 times per week
  • Story Operations missions can be completed 4 timer per week

We’ll also be increasing the availability of Operations missions, allowing more choice in which Operation you run each week.

• Operation weekly mission rotating eligibility has been removed. All [WEEKLY] missions are now available from the Operations Terminal on the Fleet ships.

Weekly Progress currency caps will be increased to go along with these changes.

• FP-1 Stabilizer will have a Weekly Progress cap of 4,000 (up from 3,000)
  • OP-1 Catalyst will have a Weekly Progress cap of 3,000 (up from 2,000) 

Trade for Better Rewards
Along with the choice for currency instead of Upgrade Caches, we’re going to be adding a way for players to convert their Upgrade Caches to better gear. 

• Trade 3 Elite Decurion Upgrade Cache and credits for 1 Supreme Decurion Upgrade Cache
  • Trade 3 Supreme Decurion Upgrade Cache and credits for 1 Columi Upgrade Cache
  • Trade 3 Tionese Upgrade Cache and credits for 1 Columi Upgrade Cache
  • Trade 3 Columi Upgrade Cache and credits for 1 Rakata Upgrade Cache

As always, we’ll continue to monitor feedback around gearing and itemization!

Catch you later, I have to gear up for the new Lair Boss!

• Like 18
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Any chance of making Hyde and Zeek unlocks on your Legacy instead of individual characters?   It's not really a "change" since you can transfer mods via legacy gear.  it's more a QOL change to make the same end result happen with fewer steps.

• Like 25

Do I understand correctly that there is yet another thing that's going to clutter our inventories - upgrade caches? Will they stack? Will they be Legacy or Character bound? Personal cargo is pretty tight these days, especially with venture system being annoying as it is.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I don't see the point in these gear changes two and a half years into the expansion when everyone is fully geared. It seems to me that these changes are done to create a paper trail and prove you're pushing out updates and changes when you haven't been. 

The newest operation, R-4 Anomaly, still doesn't have a [WEEKLY] mission attached to it. Is this intentional?

I'm looking forward to hearing more about the lair boss coming this fall. Hopefully you guys attach an incentive for players to do it, unlike how R-4 and Dxun were previously handled. How about new augments / Tacticals / Implant Set Bonuses to motivate people into doing it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, BryantWood said:

To help players progress towards Artifact gear, we’re going to increase the choice of rewards from missions. Players will be able to choose between the Upgrade Caches or more currency.

• Veteran Flashpoint Weekly missions will reward an Elite Decurion Upgrade Cache or an additional 130 FP-1 Stabilizers.
  • Master Flashpoint Weekly missions will reward a Supreme Decurion Upgrade Cache or an additional 310 FP-1 Stabilizers.
  • Daily and Heroic Area missions will reward a Noble Decurion Distribution Chest or 25 FP-1 Stabilizers.
  • Story Operations Weekly missions will reward a Tionese Upgrade Cache or 70 OP-1 Catalysts.

These are good changes.  I always prefer more choices with our rewards.  One thing that would be nice if it was looked at is conquest rewards.  Some people want encryptions, sure, but not everyone, and the crafting materials option is a laughable joke in terms of value comparison.  I'd like to see the option to choose a OEM-37 or RPM-13 as alternative options to an encryption.

We want to support players making more progress each week. We’re going to increase the amount of times our [WEEKLY] Missions can be completed and increase the weekly progress caps on our progression currency.

• Flashpoint Weekly missions can be completed 4 times per week
  • Daily and Heroic missions can be completed 3 times per week
  • Story Operations missions can be completed 4 timer per week

This is also nice, although I'd like to see the ability to complete the bonus missions every time I complete a mission (why are these still once-weekly?).  I'd also like the ability to complete the starter planet Heroics the same amount of times as other Heroics.  I'd also like to see some of the Heroic rewards based more on the difficulty and time required.  There's some heroics I can fly through in under 30s.  Others can take 5-10 minutes.  Rewards should match the time investment.

We’ll also be increasing the availability of Operations missions, allowing more choice in which Operation you run each week.

• Operation weekly mission rotating eligibility has been removed. All [WEEKLY] missions are now available from the Operations Terminal on the Fleet ships.

I remember people complaining about this back at the start of the expansion.  I may have been one of them.  I suppose it's better late than never, but this I'd hesitate to call this an "update."  More of a "we finally pulled our heads out of our butts and listened to the players" type of situation.

Weekly Progress currency caps will be increased to go along with these changes.

• FP-1 Stabilizer will have a Weekly Progress cap of 4,000 (up from 3,000)
  • OP-1 Catalyst will have a Weekly Progress cap of 3,000 (up from 2,000) 

Why do you continue to persist in having these caps in the first place?  Why are they necessary?  We all know they're not.  When will you finally have your "pull your heads out of your butts and listen to the players" moment about currency caps?

Trade for Better Rewards
Along with the choice for currency instead of Upgrade Caches, we’re going to be adding a way for players to convert their Upgrade Caches to better gear. 

• Trade 3 Elite Decurion Upgrade Cache and credits for 1 Supreme Decurion Upgrade Cache
  • Trade 3 Supreme Decurion Upgrade Cache and credits for 1 Rakata Upgrade Cache
  • Trade 3 Tionese Upgrade Cache and credits for 1 Columi Upgrade Cache
  • Trade 3 Columi Upgrade Cache and credits for 1 Rakata Upgrade Cache

These seem fair enough as well, although it would be nice to have a path for upgrading the Thyrsian (PVP) Upgrade Caches up to Rakata as well.  I've got so many of them just laying around because I don't really have any use or desire for 236 gear.  Either that, or allow us to upgrade Thyrsian gear to 344.  You might even make PVPers happy for, like, 30 nanoseconds.

Edited by theJudeAbides
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, CliffRedemption said:

I don't see the point in these gear changes two and a half years into the expansion when everyone is fully geared.

Speaking from my own experiences and knowing enough other new/returning players, while this may Not be the biggest benefit to people who've been playing for years and able to keep up with the gearing upgrades, it'll definitely help those of us who are still trying to play catch-up, especially for new raiders. I do agree that R4 should have a quest attached to it, that might bring some interest back into getting runs that you don't have to pull teeth for u.u

• Like 3

2 hours ago, theJudeAbides said:

Either that, or allow us to upgrade Thyrsian gear to 344.  You might even make PVPers happy for, like, 30 nanoseconds.

PvPers will never be satisfied until ranked comes back u.u But maybe for a moment!

Story Operations Weekly missions will reward a Tionese Upgrade Cache or 70 OP-1 Catalysts.

->what about Hard Mode ops? what you now call "veteran" ops. those dont get any upgrade in terms of catalyst rewards?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, theJudeAbides said:

Thyrsian gear to 344.  You might even make PVPers happy for, like, 30 nanoseconds.

Thyrsian to 344 would be good, but you're vastly overestimating the amount of time pvpers would be happy. Maybe it'd be like 2 yoctoseconds

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I would have happily taken this alongside some substantive changes to tactical rebalancing, changes in how stats like Alacrity are made to perform or rebalancing some flashpoints with a focus on critically panned portions to round out the flashpoint experience but on its own, this just reads as more 'keep doing the same stuff while we work on more retooling of things you really couldn't care less about'.  Progression is easy, and its cool that its being made easier, but its just not fun.

Hi, 

I returned around the arrival of 7.4 and full geared my main character in 2 weeks. And it was far faster for alts. I don't think we need more gear options to progress within gearing, thurthermore if it means we will have more items to deal with in the inventory. I remember when we had "command token" (5. or 6.?) and dealing with to much full inventory with useless items was a pain. Don't make the same mistake please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I think these changes will make things better for newer players regarding endgame content, but they will fundamentally make things worse. 344 Rakata gear is already significantly overpowered for SM/VET operations (it’s helpful for NiM) and VET/MM flashpoints. There needs to be consideration to make content harder. I understand that SM operations and flashpoints exist for a reason, and they should stay easy. However, as it stands, no one is learning mechanics, cleanses, or DCDs in the easier content. This is a fault of the difficulty level—why would a player learn these things when there is no need at all to learn them? The step up to some of the harder vet operations and NiM operations is such a steep increase that not many people do it.

VET and MM flashpoints are far too easy. There are some great bosses in flashpoints with pretty cool mechanics to learn (Mokan, the bonus boss in the Battle of Rishi, springs to mind), but these can mainly be ignored. With even more people having max gear, it's only going to get worse. To address this, one of two things needs to be done. Either leave the current difficulty as it is and add a new difficulty tier—NiM flashpoints, along with some new achievements and a few titles. This would be an easy way to bring new content to the game for people who want harder content, and I suspect the balancing wouldn’t be too hard to get right as the mechanics are already there. Or, VET and MM need to be increased in difficulty. VET should be somewhere between the current VET and MM difficulty, and MM needs a difficulty increase.

For operations, I think the changes aren’t particularly great. These new changes will just encourage people to steamroll through SM operations on multiple alts, get the gear, and then they will get it so quickly that any real challenge and sense of achievement is gone. Once you hit max gear, then what? You haven’t needed to do Nefra/Dash runs, so you haven’t even had any exposure to slightly harder content.

I think there needs to be an increase in rewards for VET and MM operations. I would even encourage the weekly lockout on SM operations to try and encourage more VET and MM operations engagement (I know this would be very controversial).

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 7/23/2024 at 1:41 PM, BryantWood said:

Hey Community!

As we continue through the Legacy of the Sith expansion, we want to make further adjustments to improve the experience of our gear progression. Patch 7.5.1 will contain adjustments to increase reward choice and give more opportunities for progression.

Trade for Better Rewards

As always, we’ll continue to monitor feedback around gearing and itemization!

This is very welcome news... 

Many who have returned after perhaps being away for 1-2 years since the Launch of 7.0 is a big catchup Grind, as most take 9 months or far more to get fully gear again.  Granted the Hyde & Zeek Prototype 340 Mission, does help considerably allowing many to (get several) pieces to 340 within a day to a week or two.  Yet the Grind is more for Legendary Implants, Tactical's, & Rakata gear especially with 2 Combat Style's now. 

So this will greatly help many, to get a little more caught up; so they can again run HM content like in 6.0 period.  

On 7/23/2024 at 5:10 PM, EnbyDisaster_ said:

Speaking from my own experiences and knowing enough other new/returning players, while this may Not be the biggest benefit to people who've been playing for years and able to keep up with the gearing upgrades, it'll definitely help those of us who are still trying to play catch-up, especially for new raiders. 

Yes I was only gone for maybe 1.5 years, yet I'm still working at it almost 7-8 months later.  I've also been focusing on catching up in story on 12 character's.  Some Players however have far Character's, like 48, or perhaps twice that.    

Even if you share Rakata piece's for Character's your playing, some have different stat's or require different Augments.  So you often require at least 1 full Force & 1 full Tech Armor with also a specific set for a Tank.  Then you still need a full set of all mainhand & offhand for each class, etc...

On 7/23/2024 at 3:05 PM, theJudeAbides said:

These are good changes.  I always prefer more choices with our rewards.  

Yes overall, everyone is going to base their opinions based on where they are, and if they've played the whole time, or if they are trying to catch up in gearing.  Still while those who are fully geared have said a few times, holding on to more Cache's is ackward; yet that's also a choice to decide, as you can instead choose the currency as well. 

• While I get they underlying complaint, is that it be nice to have a few more Legacy &/or Cargo Bay Slots beyond 7.
  • Lets hope they enabled those to stack to higher # & there intelligent to drop based on class that opens them.
  • Still it's also an option to save the cache's, as you can instead choose the currency; or directly use boost your item-level for that character.

Still I'm hopefully in future they'll consider a few minor UI changes, which include a few more Legacy & Cargo Bay slots: 

2-3 Minor, highly desirable UI changes: have Keith & UI team consider! *please* - Suggestion Box - SWTOR | Forums

Still I like this providing a little more encouragement, especially to ensure recently returned subscriber's, and player's continue forward!

Yet believe overall 90% of these changes are very nice; even if some would have liked a little bit more...  :eek:

1. Mostly excited about the Dark vs. Light Bosses, returning and hopefully they'll remain after Season 7 too!

Warm Regards everyone!  :classic_smile:

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, geofraynils said:

Hi, 

I returned around the arrival of 7.4 and full geared my main character in 2 weeks. And it was far faster for alts. I don't think we need more gear options to progress within gearing, thurthermore if it means we will have more items to deal with in the inventory. I remember when we had "command token" (5. or 6.?) and dealing with to much full inventory with useless items was a pain. Don't make the same mistake please.

I started an alt account, and in a single day, I reached level 80, and unlocked Hyde and Zeek 340 gear.

ETA: To clarify, I didn't reach level 80 in 1 day, but I got 340 gear on the day of

Edited by Traceguy

1 hour ago, Traceguy said:

What does this mean? I can already do them 7 time per week.

Well you can do the Daily's every day after Reset; the [Weekly] Missions are limited to only twice weekly...  ...at least currently.  

• So those who run more Heroic's, Daily Area's, or Vet Flashpoints as they try to Gear Up; get a few extra Weekly's to help boost them.
  • Not to mention the choice of an Upgrade Cache, or extra Currency, depending on your choices made...
  • This will be a lot more friendly, to reduce the grind &/or burn-out; for those trying to catch up.
  • I'm fine there is no Noble Decurion to Elite Decurion Gear Cache; as those are only earned from [Weekly] Heroic's.  

-- Just run some [Weekly] Vet Flashpoints and you'll easily earn Elite Ducurion, while boosting your Item Level from Heroic's in the process!

image.thumb.png.11a77baca57bd3fc88eea0173735e7ba.png

Edited by Strathkin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As happy as I am to hear that you guys are doing anything in regards to Operations, I don't think that this is a very good thing. We should try to push players into Veteran and NiM raiding more. I am gonna assume that since you're increasing rewards for SM operations that the rewards will be increased for Vet and NiM. At least, I hope so. Because if not, that would be pretty foolish considering the weekly for a veteran op gives you 65 or 75 OP-1s I believe, with NiM being 175 I believe. I might have my numbers off a little bit there but you get the idea.

• Confused 1

Devs, please DECREASE  PERSONAL CONQUEST  objective from 100K to 50K or increase current conquest reward rates by 50%.

Would be nice to also have personal conquest bonus (25% increase or so) tokens and don't mind if you sell those in cartel same as XP bonus. Whatever it takes to curb out the incessant grind and better QOL  to acquire end game gear.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

>Operation weekly mission rotating eligibility has been removed. All [WEEKLY] missions are now available from the Operations Terminal on the Fleet ships.

At least something back to normal.

8 hours ago, jamiesafc said:

I think these changes will make things better for newer players regarding endgame content, but they will fundamentally make things worse. 344 Rakata gear is already significantly overpowered for SM/VET operations (it’s helpful for NiM) and VET/MM flashpoints. There needs to be consideration to make content harder. I understand that SM operations and flashpoints exist for a reason, and they should stay easy. However, as it stands, no one is learning mechanics, cleanses, or DCDs in the easier content. This is a fault of the difficulty level—why would a player learn these things when there is no need at all to learn them? The step up to some of the harder vet operations and NiM operations is such a steep increase that not many people do it.

VET and MM flashpoints are far too easy. There are some great bosses in flashpoints with pretty cool mechanics to learn (Mokan, the bonus boss in the Battle of Rishi, springs to mind), but these can mainly be ignored. With even more people having max gear, it's only going to get worse. To address this, one of two things needs to be done. Either leave the current difficulty as it is and add a new difficulty tier—NiM flashpoints, along with some new achievements and a few titles. This would be an easy way to bring new content to the game for people who want harder content, and I suspect the balancing wouldn’t be too hard to get right as the mechanics are already there. Or, VET and MM need to be increased in difficulty. VET should be somewhere between the current VET and MM difficulty, and MM needs a difficulty increase.

For operations, I think the changes aren’t particularly great. These new changes will just encourage people to steamroll through SM operations on multiple alts, get the gear, and then they will get it so quickly that any real challenge and sense of achievement is gone. Once you hit max gear, then what? You haven’t needed to do Nefra/Dash runs, so you haven’t even had any exposure to slightly harder content.

I think there needs to be an increase in rewards for VET and MM operations. I would even encourage the weekly lockout on SM operations to try and encourage more VET and MM operations engagement (I know this would be very controversial).

People already don't run SM Gods/Dxun/R4 at 7.0 and people were already steamrolling through other SM operations before that, don't thing this change will change much.

Raising rewards for VM/MM operations is a good idea, but don't nerf SM operations. People who don't/incapable of running VM/MM operations won't suddenly change their mind/ability just because you take SM operation spam out of their hands. Don't think like BS devs. Removing things people do won't make people turn to do the thing you think they should do. They'll simply quit. The devs have been and are making enough of this mistake, don't add another one one their list.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, VilianSW said:

Do I understand correctly that there is yet another thing that's going to clutter our inventories - upgrade caches? Will they stack? Will they be Legacy or Character bound? Personal cargo is pretty tight these days, especially with venture system being annoying as it is.

Upgrade Caches have been around since 7.0, basically every relevant weekly quest has one

21 hours ago, DAWUSS said:

More Hammer Station runs. Wonderful. 🙄😛😅

Why should there be more hammer station runs? To advance in your weekly flashpoint quest, you need to list randomly, it does not work with selecting a specific flashpoint