Date Night: What do you think about them?

5 minutes ago, Shayddow said:

Go to your ship. The little datapad should be next to your bed.

Little bit disappointed that the dialogue for the 2nd date is EXACTLY like the first date.

Which is exactly why I added an update to the post you referenced.

Agreed on the dialogue - it essentially makes Theron a liar.

Edited by VegaMist

[SPOILERS]

I've just done the Theron date for the second time on my main.

While I was able to pick better answers than before, I think there's a really disappointing lack of attention to detail. I completely understand these are not meant to be extended conversations or story beats, but at the very least, the repeat date could acknowledge that you've done it before.

Having Theron say, "Lets do this again sometime, just the two of us" is so clunky. Yes, Theron, you made that suggestion before, remember? He could instead say, "Really glad we did this again. It's nice," or something like that. It doesn't even need a different animation, considering Theron's last line is during the pan-out.

I know I sound churlish and ungrateful, particularly as the game has SO many lines, but sometimes SWTOR storytelling/scripting feels like rushed careless homework, where just a tweak/change to the odd convo would make such a difference (Aric acknowledging your Cathar character etc etc I know there are many more moments like this)

• Like 4

I half expected this, but the date night cutscenes are exactly the same each week. I was hoping there would be a cycle of them. The funny part is there is an achievement for doing 5 dates with Theron for example. I have at least 5 toons who married Theron, so I completed that week 1.

Edited by Traceguy
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

I half expected this, but the date night cutscenes are exactly the same each week. I was hoping there would be a cycle of them. The funny part is there is an achievement for doing 5 dates with Theron for example. I have at least 5 toons who married Theron, so I completed that week 1.

Yeah, I hoped too.

Really disappointing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jazulfi said:

Having Theron say, "Lets do this again sometime, just the two of us" is so clunky. Yes, Theron, you made that suggestion before, remember? He could instead say, "Really glad we did this again. It's nice," or something like that. It doesn't even need a different animation, considering Theron's last line is during the pan-out.

Exactly that. I fully suspected the dates are going to be absolutely identical, but that lack of consequence still hurts. I wish it was improved, if not for the existing missions then for future ones, with next batch of companions. Just a little bit of acknowledgement it's a recurring event week after week.

Now excuse me, my brain needs a cooldown period, since it's currently a melty pile of emotional goo. Love the date despite it's sloppiness and bugginess.

• Like 1

I have close to 275 characters, do you mean I have to start over if I don't have the alerts available?  I guess I will gut it out and grind up another character just so I can romance Koth :( 

Edited by HobbesToo

With the time, I realised the date are very short certainly because of all voice acting. We need to keep in mind all classes can access to these dates and it cost money to put a voice on each of your character. My hope is now we got all the date for the "companions for everyone", we could get longer dates with our other companions.

I mean, we only have one or two characters now for one companion. For example, Vette will only get the sith warrior male or Kira will only get the jedi knight male and female. So the cost of money for the voice will be decreased because we will only have one or two character by companion. So they can extend the next dates and I really hope they will do it because I can understand it for Arcann, Koth, Lana and Theron (need voices for all characters) but I won't understand it for the other companions (need one or two voices for our character).

So I hope other dates will be a bit longer than the other ones because there is no reason to get them as short as the first ones. We won't get eight voices to make. Only one or two voices by date now we will get.

Also big fan of Vette here. I really hope her date will be a great time with her with a longer interaction with her. :t_smile:

I've only done Theron's so far, but what I found strange about it is that he decided that date night would be.... on Mek-Sha. In Onslaught, if you play Empire, Theron says, "Are we good to go or what? This is not the best neighbourhood." It's just at the end of the cutscene right before you leave the asteroid. I haven't played Onslaught on a Republic toon so I'm unsure if he says anything similar. 

I guess Theron could have been referring to the Imperial base of operations area on Mek-Sha and not the asteroid generally... but the fact that he even decides that it's the perfect place for a date night when there are plenty of cantinas on other planets... Just seems out of character. (Or maybe that's too strong. It's just unromantic. Why take your SO to a place you consider to be "not the best neighbourhood"? )

• Like 1

Iv yet to do any of them but iv watched videos on all of em I dont even like Koth yet the his date night seemed to be the most well done imo it had a sense of depth and understanding to it that felt like it was lacking from the other 3 date nights 

Though when I get my Akaavi date night then ill pull out the measuring tape and magnifying glass to see if its up to par

While I love Lana I didnt get a sense of depth and connection with her date night that I was expecting considering shes been with the player the longest along with theron depending on your faction

Tbh the date night with Lana felt like a let down it felt like just another cutscene maybe its because you get so many cutscenes with her thru out the eternal empire expansions..

I felt like the cutscene on odessan where you choose which faction your going to ally with while watching the sunset had more depth even if you didnt romance Lana..

• Like 1

I've only done the dates for Lana and Theron so far as I haven't romanced Koth or Arcann.  While I did enjoy the cut scenes on both I was annoyed that it cost me 5k in credits to go on the date w/Theron while for Lana it's essentially free since the location is Odessen.  I also didn't care for the fact there are no mission rewards.  The old companion conversations at least give xp/conquest points depending on PC level.

However, the most disappointing thing was this week when I went on date two and was met with a replay of date one.  I was hoping there would at least be a total of 5 dates given there are achievements for one, three and 5 dates (I know you can get these if you have multiple characters romancing the same companion).

I'd also like to be able to own multiple copies of the decorations.  One just isn't enough.

Overall, this doesn't feel like content I want to repeat.

Edited by Kroronius

On 3/19/2024 at 5:53 PM, ExarSun said:

Lets face it. Arcann and Koth are on this Date Night only because "yass queen" "people" in charge of these decisions have a thing for them

It's pretty offensive to put the word people in quotation marks here.  You can disagree about choices made by any game dev, but suggesting that they're not really people is too far.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kroronius said:

I also didn't care for the fact there are no mission rewards.  The old companion conversations at least give xp/conquest points depending on PC level.

It does count towards "Complete two mission on Mek-Sha."

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JakRoanin said:

It does depend on your choices. If you take the same ones every time they won't change.

It does, and I did enjoy different take on the scene. It's same scene though. Same time, same place, little variation to dialog. Still, it's more than I ever expected, so will grind it to death, week by week by week.

9 hours ago, Luciferior said:

While I love Lana I didnt get a sense of depth and connection with her date night that I was expecting considering shes been with the player the longest along with theron depending on your faction

Tbh the date night with Lana felt like a let down it felt like just another cutscene maybe its because you get so many cutscenes with her thru out the eternal empire expansions..

I felt like the cutscene on odessan where you choose which faction your going to ally with while watching the sunset had more depth even if you didnt romance Lana..

Not planning to date Koth, so seen 3 out of 4 Date Nights, and Lana's really gives off least intimate vibes. Even taking Lana's public facade into account, this seemed unsatisfactory. In opposite to Arcann's date, which actually felt quite nice. My shadow was definitely happy 😊

9 hours ago, Vineuse said:

It's just unromantic. Why take your SO to a place you consider to be "not the best neighbourhood"? )

Theron is my smuggler's hubby and she finds the place perfectly romantic. She does enjoy dark, cozy corners in shady cantinas 😁
The place might not be so enjoyable for chars of different personalities though, I'd suspect Theron to be more considerate than this 😢

@VilianSW I feel like there was a missed opportunity there with Lana they could have covered her back story some more about her before she started working for darth arkous some kind of back story other then shes just a sith that worked at imperial intelligence 

I dont recall any dialogue about her family friends anything where she was raised she seems to appear in the game at shadow of revan prelude then is Ride or Die with you thru the eternal empire stories and after to the new content 

Even Darth Rivix touches on this as a topic when you go to elom for the flash point story he says something along the lines "Thats just it so little is known about you" when referring to Lana

If you kill Koth She gets over it instantly soon as you regrp with theron at that following cutscene on dark reunion If you leave theron to die on nathema then propose to her she instantly forgets about theron

With that level of dedication and minimal background on her either thats intentional and shes got some dark plot coming up thats gona be a giant dun dun dun moment or its a giant plot hole..

This woman literally shows up in the players life on either faction damn near becomes 1 of the players closest advisors and all we really know about her is that shes a sith that worked at imperial intelligence...

If this is a puzzle I feel like im missing some pieces to put it together

Theron you get some back story since ok hes related to revan you know satele is mother malcom is his father he cant use the force despite being trained assuming i recall correctly  he worked at the SIS not whole lot of back story but more than what i feel like we get with Lana

Even the date night with Koth covers his back story some about the people he grew up with and a sense of culture

Yet the Lana date night seemed to be lacking of any real emotion or connection which is ironic because shes a sith...

On Pub side her interactions with Arn and Tau She she got a literal kick outa messing with both of them she showed fondness and admiration for Gnost-Dural and legit seemed to enjoy speaking with him

On Imp side she seems to like major anri she flat distrust darth rivix which is understandable imo 

I would dare say she seems to be more relaxed when the player is from pub side if you keep koth and theron and romance Lana while being pub side she seems genuinely happy...

Yet on this date night her with the player shes known for years that emotion and connection seemed to missing and instead she seemed indifferent while channeling her inner Saw impersonation "Do you want to play a game"?

Edited by Luciferior

Pretty sure there was an "official" short snippet story of Lana's Korriban training, but it needs to be hunt down through Wookieepedia. Will try to find it when back online in the evening. It's not much, Theron had more of those - one past Yavin, one somewhere during traitor arc - but apparently all are considered canon for SWTOR.

Considering the amount of LI's in the game this is going to be for the most part pointless. Does each companion only ever get 1 date night? or is it going to be a lot get none? either way it be years before they all get round to having a date night or only ever get one.

Having said all this, I don't mind them.

I like the option of just letting Theron chuck his datapad. To me, it touches on his weak spots he literally has filled his life with work because of his legitimate abandonment issues and even though it's temporary. In that moment he lets go of his security blanket for a person! That's huge. 

Acann's date is my favorite, not because he's my fave LI, (I don't have one) but because you can see how far he's come in healing, not just atonement. He's playing, like he did with Thexan as a child. That's huge.

Will never romance Koth or Lana as I loath them.

• Like 3

Lana is given a little more background if you do the "investigate" choice during Iokath mission.

But the main difference I've seen so far is that Lana is available for her "date" much earlier than the others (don't know about Koth, haven't gotten that far with character that is going to romance him), Lana is available to "date" right after chapter 9 of KOTFE when you lock in her romance. 

2 hours ago, JakRoanin said:

what investigate choice?

I think it's the option while you are searching for the traitor, you can investigate everyone or not, if you do you get a mail with a bit of info about Lana's past including about her parents and that she wrights poetry.