Date Night: What do you think about them?

7 hours ago, BulbulusTheGreat said:

this is complete assumption and 2012 wasn't stone ages, it wasn't that long ago and there was little to zero risk of putting it, plenty of games, movies and shows already had these things especially in the west, you're trying to fit your narrative by assuming what and why devs did something but fact remains that they're established as heterosexuals and therefore are heterosexuals, just like how theron is bi for example, changing these things about characters only ruins character arc they had before becuse you strip part of their identity.

all i see here is you trying to push your narrative and act like a child, feel free to do so but fact remains already established characters shouldn't be changed in a lore heavy games, even if you don't think they're "fun" (whatever that means by your standards)

Push what narrative? Say it out loud.

• Like 1

On a side note, male Sith Warrior is still locked out of Quinn romance due to reasons. He's the only one who's got a "no gay allowed" treatment of all the returning companions as far as I could remember. 

they didn't do a male-on-male for Doc either, although they did do for Scourge.

What I'd like to see is romancable that isn't from your class story.

I can see a BH with Akaavi, Ashara should be recruitable by Jedi (& romancable), etc.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shayddow said:

they didn't do a male-on-male for Doc either, although they did do for Scourge.

What I'd like to see is romancable that isn't from your class story.

I can see a BH with Akaavi, Ashara should be recruitable by Jedi (& romancable), etc.

Vanilla Doc romance is so cringe it needs its own expansion to be fixed before he's unleashed to everyone lol

Lucky for my JK, I played in 2018 so she didn't wait long before she could kiss Scourge.

Not necessary romance but it would be interesting to let the Jedi classes meet Jessa.

And "reunions" of the companions that knew each other like Risha/Vette, Doc/Kaliyo, Mako/Qyzen.

Also, Theron meets Tharan would be peak comedy.

• Like 1

I couldn't believe how short and pointless the one with Theron was. It said you could repeat it once but I didn't get that option. Took 5 minutes if that after arriving at the destination. 

9 hours ago, __andrea__ said:

I couldn't believe how short and pointless the one with Theron was. It said you could repeat it once but I didn't get that option. Took 5 minutes if that after arriving at the destination. 

You can repeat it every week.

On 3/13/2024 at 4:00 PM, Kazuone said:

I love swtor but since fallen empire and eternal throne, game lost something. Hard to explain but this is how I feel. Date night are not good nor bad but why so short and why now ?

My personal sense is that they thought date night would distract us from the rep cq nerf and the lack of actual content. It screams "look squirrel!" to me. Don't pay attention to how we are gimping your toons' powers, gimping your Tacticals, charging for Quick Travel and for simply giving away items you don't value or care about, repair costs that are through the roof, and now a nerfed cq rep that has the most impact on solo PVE players and small guilds. It seems you weren't distracted. None of us were.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TahliahCOH said:

My personal sense is that they thought date night would distract us from the rep cq nerf and the lack of actual content. It screams "look squirrel!" to me. Don't pay attention to how we are gimping your toons' powers, gimping your Tacticals, charging for Quick Travel and for simply giving away items you don't value or care about, repair costs that are through the roof, and now a nerfed cq rep that has the most impact on solo PVE players and small guilds. It seems you weren't distracted. None of us were.

I think it's not that romance is "not important" "meaningless".

It's that BW/BS made so many terrible decisions that may or may not be deliberate, while almost never listening nor fixing those glaring gaming issues, that small "flavors" like the date night simply can't add any point to their reputation.

It's like when you are served with a raw chicken beast, the waiter ignores your complaints about the raw meat and the demand of a re-fire dish but replaces the old burnt out candle to a new one. Yeah sure the candle is a nice romantic touch, but I want my cooked chicken breast.

Edited by eabevella
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, eabevella said:

It's like when you are served with a raw chicken beast, the waiter ignores your complaints about the raw meat and the demand of a re-fire dish but replaces the old burnt out candle to a new one. Yeah sure the candle is a nice romantic touch, but I want my cooked chicken breast.

Well, it's kind of chicken, it tastes like chicken, but every cook, dishwasher, and server has spit on it. And then blamed you for wanting a cooked chicken breast.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Il y a 14 heures, eabevella a dit :

I think it's not that romance is "not important" "meaningless".

It's that BW/BS made so many terrible decisions that may or may not be deliberate, while almost never listening nor fixing those glaring gaming issues, that small "flavors" like the date night simply can't add any point to their reputation.

I don't balme BW/BS.

I think swtor 's state is what it is now cause upper decisions. We can see very often that the game is loved by swtor team (more than before since BS). The game needs a lot of work and doesn"t get back all the money it desserve. We, as players often blame devs, swtor team etc but we are john snow, we know nothing. If we don't like the game anymore we should go teso, ff14 etc and come back when we want to. Complaining just make things worst. Swtor team won"t make the game better because each one of us complain but mabye only if they get back more money.

Date night are too short, OK, I'll take a break from this functionnality and come back later.
DM is still where he is since a lot off time, OK, I'll take a break and come back later.
No megaserver, OK be back later when / if my server have more player or migrate to another  one.

That's just games. Game purpose is to have fun. If we don"t, there's something we have to change but asking others people to change individulally for make "our" fun better seems kinda utopic.

PS sorry, English is not my native langage, there's no taunt/troll to read here ;)

1 hour ago, Kazuone said:

I don't balme BW/BS.

I think swtor 's state is what it is now cause upper decisions. We can see very often that the game is loved by swtor team (more than before since BS). The game needs a lot of work and doesn"t get back all the money it desserve. We, as players often blame devs, swtor team etc but we are john snow, we know nothing. If we don't like the game anymore we should go teso, ff14 etc and come back when we want to. Complaining just make things worst. Swtor team won"t make the game better because each one of us complain but mabye only if they get back more money.

Date night are too short, OK, I'll take a break from this functionnality and come back later.
DM is still where he is since a lot off time, OK, I'll take a break and come back later.
No megaserver, OK be back later when / if my server have more player or migrate to another  one.

That's just games. Game purpose is to have fun. If we don"t, there's something we have to change but asking others people to change individulally for make "our" fun better seems kinda utopic.

PS sorry, English is not my native langage, there's no taunt/troll to read here ;)

More like people will *in Gollum's voice* leave and never come back.

Most of the glaring issues such as the lack of communication, shadow nerfs, SV launch disaster etc... do you think EA told BS to do those? Nah, "higher ups" like EA gives big aims like "push more CM sells" or "maintain player base/playing time", it's BS who decided "nerf GS rewards" and "shadow nerf CQ" and "rigid SV transfer restriction" are the actions that needed to be take to achieve the goals.

Date night is actually something that was asked for quite often, and I think they did good with what little BS has at hands so you don't see me complain about that. But as I said, this small flavor is not enough to cover the rotten main course. Ans as you said, SWTOR is just a game. Customers leave when the game is disappointing.

"Complaints" absolutely works IF the devs listen to feedback and made suitable improvement. Baldur's Gate 3 adds tons of changes and new stuffs after release due to player "complaints" and they won't even get more money from doing so because it's a single player RPG with 0 micro transaction. I don't get why a MMO game that relies on subscriber and micro transaction sells doesn't take customer feedback more seriously.

52 minutes ago, BulbulusTheGreat said:

keep pretending buddy it won't change the fact you're wrong and im right.

Pretend what? lmao

• Like 3

I understand that a lot of people are upset that we're not getting as much content as quickly as we would like. I myself would kill for Planetary Questlines again, and some actual huge planets with a bazillion things to do. And of course OPS people should have OPS, and PvP'ers should have PvP (especially Starfighter) but I don't see how not getting any of that means people need to trash date night. Date night did not stop them from making all the other things.

I love date night. Remember the Companion Quests for the 1st companion in each class, I'd love that to happen again. Not just with LI's we have dozens of them! 

Also, we've been getting a lot of LiveStreams since the switch to BroadSword. I know it's taking much longer than anyone likes, but things have been slowly changing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, eabevella said:

More like people will *in Gollum's voice* leave and never come back.

Most of the glaring issues such as the lack of communication, shadow nerfs, SV launch disaster etc... do you think EA told BS to do those? Nah, "higher ups" like EA gives big aims like "push more CM sells" or "maintain player base/playing time", it's BS who decided "nerf GS rewards" and "shadow nerf CQ" and "rigid SV transfer restriction" are the actions that needed to be take to achieve the goals.

Date night is actually something that was asked for quite often, and I think they did good with what little BS has at hands so you don't see me complain about that. But as I said, this small flavor is not enough to cover the rotten main course. Ans as you said, SWTOR is just a game. Customers leave when the game is disappointing.

"Complaints" absolutely works IF the devs listen to feedback and made suitable improvement. Baldur's Gate 3 adds tons of changes and new stuffs after release due to player "complaints" and they won't even get more money from doing so because it's a single player RPG with 0 micro transaction. I don't get why a MMO game that relies on subscriber and micro transaction sells doesn't take customer feedback more seriously.

Pretend what? lmao

I've run out of reactions for today already, so: 💜

Date nights are like a cherry of a kind - it'd be awesome if it was a cherry atop of awesome cake; as it is, it's a cherry atop of steamy dung pile. Still a lovely cherry, but with enormous amounts of distaste attached, mildly speaking.

• Like 1

My thoughts are that I'm really wondering if I misunderstood the player base and target audience for this game a lot. I thought Star Wars was supposed to be swashbuckling action, and the romance was a nice aside, not the focus of the game—the entire focus on the announcement of this feature had me scratching my head wondering who was really asking for it in enough numbers to justify it. In any case, I'm not romancing any of those characters, I don't even like many of those characters, and even with my favorite girlfriends like Kira or Mako, I doubt that I'll care much about actually playing out a date night with them. 

23 hours ago, TahliahCOH said:

Not that I can't really afford it, I guess, but the amount of credits for most quick travels is scandalous to me.

• Like 1

One thing I was thinking. If they didn't/don't make Rivix, Anri, Tau, and Arn full story/chapter/content companions ever, at least give us a additional date night mission for them beyond just a few flirts here and there. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, joshuadyal said:

Not that I can't really afford it, I guess, but the amount of credits for most quick travels is scandalous to me.

It's completely crazy, and I really almost unsubbed over this. 5K to travel across Coruscant thing.  Insane. I just don't use it that much anymore, which means I am playing less because I am having to QT to the closest point then take a taxi. I don't think devs understand that people have X number of hours to play, and that all this stuff they do doesn't manifest more time to play, it just ticks us off and we still have to log when our play time is up.

It still, to this day, grates my last nerve to see a fee for Quick Travel, but it's worth checking out what is cheapest. Sometimes it's QT and sometimes it's the taxi. For example, once you have all the travel points open on some planets, never ever use a taxi; it's often cheaper to QT now. The only time it's more expensive is (BIZARRELY) on lower level planets when toons don't have the creds to pay for it.

Has anyone been able to romance Koth on a toon that you leveled to 70 and jumped straight to Inflection Point (Ossus) where it auto completes class story and such?

I have one char (smuggler) that I can get Koth romanced using Ch IX KotFE and not completing it. But, I can't get the Date Night mission to trigger no matter what I do. I've tried various steps like:
Changing instances
Going to my quarters on my ship
Traveling everywhere
Logging out and back,
Stepping the story after Koth romance all the way but not completing it.
Completing the chapter, etc., to no avail.
Completing the Ch IX removes the romance.

If I have to step through KotFE on a new toon, I'm gonna cry...  hehe

I've tried Swtorista's guide and it seems that you have to actually finish the chapter to have the Romance but that's impossible on a lvl 70 jump to Inflection Point toon.  https://swtorista.com/articles/swtor-date-night-guide-and-achievement-rewards-lana-theron-koth-arcann-romance/

ch9 Koth romanced.JPG

1 hour ago, Saeten said:

If I have to step through KotFE on a new toon, I'm gonna cry...  hehe

Get ready to cry.  Skipping KotFE does not pick any of the romance options for you so you cannot romance anyone.

That said, I have a question about Arcann.  The guide I read says to start I have to save him in Chapter 1 of Eternal Throne.  Can I skip Fallen Empire and just jump into Chapter 1 of Eternal Throne?

4 minutes ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

Skipping KotFE does not pick any of the romance options for you so you cannot romance anyone.

Actually, I've been able to romance Lana and Theron by doing Ch IX after skipping KotFE. It works.

6 minutes ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

The guide I read says to start I have to save him in Chapter 1 of Eternal Throne.  Can I skip Fallen Empire and just jump into Chapter 1 of Eternal Throne?

I haven't tested this. Would be interesting to know. But, I'm not going to invest the time for Arcann as I have one romance existing already. Give it a shot and let us know!

35 minutes ago, Saeten said:

Actually, I've been able to romance Lana and Theron by doing Ch IX after skipping KotFE. It works.

I'd like to know how you got that to work because I don't think anyone else seems to have gotten it to work.  You can't skip and then go back and do chapter 9.  Even though all the clicks say you can start a romance with him, it doesn't stick because you are further along in the story.

COOL BUG: If you have already moved past Chapter 9 of KOTFE, and didn’t romance Lana, there is a fun bug right now! You can REPLAY Chapter 9, and when you get to the option to speak with one of your companions, choose Lana, [Flirt] with her, and say yes to the Romance. This will permanently place you in a romance with Lana Beniko and allow you to start her [Date Night] quest! This is great for players who maybe didn’t romance anyone but wanted to see a Date Night quest. I am unsure how this bug would affect characters already in a romance, so only do it if you aren’t worried about your character being in a romance with Lana.

https://swtorista.com/articles/swtor-date-night-guide-and-achievement-rewards-lana-theron-koth-arcann-romance/