No Companions for GS 6? What's the motivation to even try it?

Really?

I guess they don't care about feedback?  I don't mind stories or strongholds since some people might want that but a better option could have been... giving players a choice and not just limiting to  space barbie rewards.

Respectfully this will be another HARD pass GS for me!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ulathar said:

I am a mount collector. The new season will probably have new mounts, so that shall be my motivation. :D 

Not to mention, I missed the last mount of GS 2 (Underworld) and I regretted it a lot, I should have dedicated myself a little more to achieve it.

1 hour ago, Traceguy said:

GS5 didn't have a companion, and I had as much motivation to complete it as every single other GS. Also, I think Amity and PH4-LNX were trash companions. Did they really provide motivation?

yeah, PH4-LNX was a cool concept but sorely lacking in execution

maybe if she'd been introduced in proper content, we could have explored her history with Czerka and the implication that she's a heavily modified GEMINI and possibly the last one in existence, but their format for seasons missions seems to be locked at 3 very short missions

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, recalcitrantIre said:

yeah, PH4-LNX was a cool concept but sorely lacking in execution

maybe if she'd been introduced in proper content, we could have explored her history with Czerka and the implication that she's a heavily modified GEMINI and possibly the last one in existence, but their format for seasons missions seems to be locked at 3 very short missions

PH4-LNX is such a great concept, it's a real shame that there is absolutely no substance to her and she doesn't even speak Basic. A gambling GEMINI droid? How cool is that??

5 minutes ago, recalcitrantIre said:

its not going to be good precisely because its only going to be 3 short missions

remains to be seen how long they'll be, my biggest issue with 5 was bad story writing and uninteresting characters as well as very mediocre sh, this one already has far better sh.

Edited by BulbulusTheGreat

Is there supposed to be more rewards they haven't shown? cause this was hella disappointing. no armor or weapons? and what's the deal with only 2 armor sets and 2 sabers as new cartel market items.

prob skip this update

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, warrico said:

Is there supposed to be more rewards they haven't shown? cause this was hella disappointing. no armor or weapons?

The rest of the rewards will be presented in a dedicated GS6 article that's gonna be available quite soon I imagine. They have mentioned that in the stream.

• Thanks 1

At least would have been nice to have a cool dye set as reward or take the feedback from the community on other main reward options. I don't think stories did go well last GS and this one still remains to be seen .  What  do Strongholds and Descos have to do with  real Star Wars? I know it's cool to have them but should be optional rather than the main reward for grinding GS.  

18 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Honestly, how many companions do you actually need? 

One could also say, how many strongholds do we need or how many speeders do we need or even how many sets of re-skinned armor and weapons do we need. Honestly, what is the difference?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2024 at 4:26 PM, TrixxieTriss said:

Honestly, how many companions do you actually need? 

Personally I like having companions that have 0 to do with the normal storyline. Companions from Sub rewards, and Galactic Seasons make great companions for crafting that can't be taken away. Those are the only ones I ever rank up.

Edited by Toraak
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Toraak said:

Companions from Sub rewards, and Galactic Seasons make great companions for crafting that can't be taken away

I use them as well on new characters to allow me to send out for missions while using my actual companion follow along with story/exploration missions.

• Like 2

I prefer companions ye, but SH is good exchange ngl. But again, they can't give us new SH every new season, so I wonder what will be in next season. Because if another SH then people will start (at least I assume so) to be bored and annoyed with that too, but maybe I'm wrong on that?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toraak said:

Personally I like having companions that have 0 to do with the normal storyline. Companions from Sub rewards, and Galactic Seasons make great companions for crafting that can't be taken away. Those are the only ones I ever rank up.

That makes sense 

3 hours ago, Toraak said:

The biggest mistake Bioware made with companions was taking them away especially if you spent time, credits, or Cartel Coins to get them to 50.

I only level up my promotional and galactic season companions. I don't bother with story related companions, haven't since the first time they took them away for story purposes and "maybe they will return, maybe they wont" bull.

I'm disappointed there isn't a companion in Galactic Season six. Not for myself but for newer players who only have access to the story companions.

Edited by Darkestmonty
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

The biggest mistake Bioware made with companions was taking them away especially if you spent time, credits, or Cartel Coins to get them to 50.

I only level up my promotional and galactic season companions. I don't bother with story related companions, haven't since the first time they took them away for story purposes and "maybe they will return, maybe they wont" bull.

I'm disappointed there isn't a companion in Galactic Season six. Not for myself but for newer players who only have access to the story companions.

I agree.  I gave up caring about companions on Oct 20, 2015 when learned that my original companions were being taken away from me after my first playthrough of KotFE chapter 1.

Since then, I see companions as tools that I can use when questing or crafting, and I have more of those than I need already.

7 minutes ago, Exly said:

I agree.  I gave up caring about companions on Oct 20, 2015 when learned that my original companions were being taken away from me after my first playthrough of KotFE chapter 1.

Since then, I see companions as tools that I can use when questing or crafting, and I have more of those than I need already.

write anything you want to happen in the story to a companion but never take them away from the player in game.

Edited by Darkestmonty

On 2/14/2024 at 9:08 PM, Whykara said:

The motivation is the stronghold, in case you missed it

Why not both? :)

Personally I only use strongholds for conquest bonus so if they want to give us more strongholds, they should increase the bonus. It would also mitigate 7.0 changes that doubled required points for personal goal.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.