Shae Vizla Launch Updates

JackieKo

On 3/18/2024 at 5:04 AM, ShadowyKai said:

As I understand it, if you bought a Stronghold on the origin server with Credits, then you'll have to buy the Stronghold all over again on the destination server.

But if you bought the Stronghold on the origin server with a different currency, like Cartel Coins, then you won't need to buy the Stronghold again on the destination server. You just have to reactivate it and redecorate it.

At least, that's what it says in the EA Help.

Star Wars: The Old Republic - STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ Character Transfers (ea.com)

So you could buy a Stronghold on one server with Cartel Coins, and then reactivate it on the destination server after you complete the character transfer. I believe that it's free to reactivate a Stronghold bought with Cartel Coins.

That way, you could get Strongholds on both servers and only have to pay the Cartel Coin cost once.

At least, I think that's how it works.

This 100% correct (unfortunately) and yet another revenue bucket for EABS!

I pinged support of this as I noticed some discrepancies with my SH's (I have 3 accounts where I have transferred chars)

Its seems this not only applies to Strongholds but also to Legacy bank tabs...

If you unlocked your Legacy tabs with credits - its a big negatory...   You have to spend credits again (from the measly 15 mil)

I actually transferred one more with the last CC's on my 2nd account just to fund the SH unlocks.

2.5mil, 2,5mil, 2.5mil and 4mil - the 2 capitol worlds are dead cheap anyways.

Good news is - all rooms unlocked so we don't have to spend credits to unlock each room again - instant 150% CQ bonus...

• Like 1

Especially given you need to Transfer at least 8 to fully transfer an entire Legacy over

That isn't really true. I transfered 3 characters (one each) from satele, forge & malgus and it gave me legacy 50 on Shae (I was sitting in the upper 30s from the 9 characters I started on Shae), going for achievements like datacrons, etc) but now it lists all the achievements I have from the other servers plus decorations, etc. so I was able to open all 13 strongholds (1 character currently owns 2: I will do a trf from either tulak or leviathan to give everyone their own). I didn't transfer any of my 80th characters from other servers tho, but since I unlocked the achievements for my 80th (i've done pretty much everything on Star Forge with at least one char except some of the new Ord Mantell area) I don't have to repeat them now on Shae.  I certainly wouldn't want to have to hunt 500 bormu again!

I had a CC failure when the card renewed with the same account number, but a new security code.  The account interface for SWTOR allowed for updating a credit card number, but not a security code.  The last time I had to update to a new card, I wound up having to delete the old card and enter a new payment method.  That caused all sorts of issues and reset my account status to new, so I hoped the payment would go through.

The next payment failed because of the change in security code, so I had to completely change my payment because of the code.  If your card renewed, that might have been your issue.

I have had this occur in the past, so what I do now, is use 2 different cards. My one card was coming up on the expiration date, and the website for SWTOR is unfriendly for this type of transaction. SO.... I changed it to my other card. Once I got my new card, I will wait a few months and then change it back to the original with the updated expiration date & security code 🙂  Gotta plan ahead when you're dealing with sub-par technology.

I have to ask myself, considering we haven't received any feedback on this thread for over a month Are they just using this thread as an unread dumping ground for anybody who didn't agree with their decisions And all the decisions made with SV and transfers are final and not going to change.? Would it be better for us to start new topics in threads that not only we as subscribers, but preferred players can participate in?  "New Player Help, Introductions, and Bug Reports sub-forums". 

I ran forums with over a 500k members for 17 years And we definitely had threads and even sub forums that we just didn't bother paying attention to and only when something got lots of attention did we go and look. You'll notice less and less important posts are getting likes in this thread because less people are paying attention to it.

If we want to get free transfers for returning APAC players in the future we need to start a thread in new player help And all of us need to be liking and thanking the posts in that thread so they can't ignore it and it will allow returning players to participate. 

The same goes with people who didn't get 16 free transfers due to credit card updates and other reasons posting and replying and liking to this topic in the bug report forum will force them to pay attention rather than just ignore it like they have been in this thread.

If you make one of those posts, link it back in this thread so we can all go and support it.

• Like 6

Still lurking. Not playing now though have given up both posting and playing. 

Just thought I'd pop a post in to say as much. 

Devs probably car about the game but somewhere in the hierarchy someone made a terrible mistake, one that pretty much anyone could have told them want worth it.

It's a shame, hopefully it all survives for those times I pop on for nostalgic reasons. But not a cent more of my money will they see. 

This will likely be my last Post for awhile. 

Have fun everyone wherever you may be playing. 

Edited by Nommaz
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

I feel like the devs have burnt the APAC community to the ground again. 

Im finishing my transfers & then unsubbing too. I’ve literally not played any content since the transfers opened. And when I went looking there was hardly anyone on the server. BS really mismanaged this server opening so badly that it should be made into a guide or lesson on “what not to do to a community when opening a new regional server”.

They’ve literally flush 10’s or even 100’s of thousands of dollars down the drain by driving away long term paying APAC players & any potential returning or new players because of how they’ve treated the APAC community. I’ve never seen a developer alienate a community as badly as these guys have. They’ve lost everyone’s trust. 

Maybe they’ll make changes & maybe they won’t. Maybe the SV server will slowly populate with APAC players who haven’t been burnt by these guys multiple times. Maybe they’ll shut the server again in 12 months & blame us APAC players again. 

Once my sub runs out on the 15th, I’ll stay preferred until they add value to resub again (which seems unlikely). And I’ll drop into the game every now & then for nostalgic reasons. But other than that, I’m basically done again 😞

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, AussieAlan said:

So if I decide to just suck it up and pay to move toons, when is the cut off date for cheap transfers.

About June 9th. Per the patchnotes posted on March 11th.

• Free transfers will be available for the next 30 days only

• For the next 90 days, all Subscribers will receive a 50% discount (500 Cartel Coins off!) on transfers to the Shae Vizla server.

• Like 1

Last day of sub, goodbye SWTOR

to the DEV's, you screw'd this sup, 80% of the ppl that where interested have now left... thats alot of cash you lost out on, and alot of ppl burnt that have long memories.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I posted this in another thread. But it’s probably better off here :

“What might help the server & start to repair the dev / player relationship again is a meaningful gesture to the APAC players. 

As a show of good faith, BS should just give a handful of Free Transfers to EVERY APAC located player for May 4th celebration week (regardless of subscriber status). This should include F2P, PREFERRED & Subscribers (they could give extras for subscribers).

But if they do want to run this event, they should start sending out the emails next week so players have time to organise”.

• Like 8

The devs should have a fair amount of data by now:
- activity of chars transferred to SV by APACs using free transfers (how many chars used regularly, occasionally, only once)
- number of 500 and 1000cc paid transfers to SV bought by APACs (taking note the sub discount's still running)
- activity of chars transferred to SV by APACs using paid transfers
- % of lapsed APACs that opened SV emails
- % of lapsed APACs that logged into the game again

I've suggested many variants for APAC-specific transfers in the past - most recent one was 1-4 extra transfers based on spending history, similar to Gabriaye's suggestion of looking at sub history - but the first three points might suggest different numbers or qualifications to the devs. Assuming other criteria previously discussed, like pre-SV APAC accounts that didn't get 16, I'd welcome any movement in this area. May the 4th would be an excellent date to kick it off, taking advantage of other SW marketing.

Speaking of marketing, the last two points would show how effective the emails have been, so far, at getting lapsed APACs back. I wouldn't be surprised if many people didn't even open them, while only a small percentage logged into the game again. That's par for the course with emails. Could try one which includes a few free transfers (emphasized in the subject line, to get more people to open it in the first place), and see what happens. If it gets a lapsed APAC to login again, when previous emails didn't, the only cost is the possible lost sale of a few transfers. (Second point suggests how likely that sale might have been.) That seems like cost-effective marketing to me. If a lapsed APAC still doesn't login after getting an email with free transfers, and lets them expire, then the attempt cost nothing.

Edited by Duck_Cider
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 2:22 AM, FrontLineFodder said:

How about the data for cancelled subs due to the launch and restrictions on SV transfers

I think that’s a more important point to check.

Because you can send all the emails in the world to people who’ve left. But if you pissed them off enough to make them leave & some how get them to return & then majorly piss them off again, they’ll probably never come back no matter what you promise in your emails.

When all trust has been totally lost because of mishandling or possibly lies, those emails will just get directed into people’s spam boxes from now on.

• Thanks 1