Shae Vizla Launch Updates

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hi all!

Happy Shae Vizla early access day! I wanted to spin up a thread to keep info and updates regarding the server launch in one place, so I will be adding to this thread over time.  

First update is that we have opened the Shae Vizla server sub-forums so APAC players have a space to form their groups, Guilds, and post about community events. 

Reminder that our content creators will be celebrating launch for the next couple days, and they are hosting events and giving out codes. Full schedule here.

We are less than hour away from opening the server to Subscribers, and we're all really excited to share this journey with you. 

See you all soon! 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Hello everyone!

The Shae Vizla server is now open to all players! I'll unlock this thread so players are able to use it for discussion and/or report anything to do with the server. 

Welcome home, APAC players! 

Thanks Jackie 👍
It’s good to be home. Now we just need those legacy transfers to happen soon 😉

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hello everyone!

The Shae Vizla server is now open to all players! I'll unlock this thread so players are able to use it for discussion and/or report anything to do with the server. 

Welcome home, APAC players! 

@JackieKo
Hopefully you guys have already done or are in the process of doing what I’m about to suggest. But just in case you haven’t, here goes.

I was looking through the old Dalbora server forums and it reminded me how many loyal fans abandoned swtor after BioWare closed the original APAC servers. 

If you haven’t already, it might be a good idea to scrape the old APAC server accounts databases for all the email addresses associated from that period. The same goes for the old Harbinger ones too. And then send out a promotional email inviting the players back to the new APAC server. 

Because so far, word of mouth hasn’t been enough to really get the word out. I’ve spoken to a few old timers who didn’t know there was a new APAC server. The first thing ALL of them said to me, “why didn’t BioWare send me an email to let me know in advance” (They didn’t know it’s Broadsword now). 

So if you really want this server to be successful & not a waste of time. Please, please send out some emails. The current social media influencers aren’t going to be enough because most of the old timers from that period don’t even know who they are. 

Edit: it might also be a good idea to send a seperate email first to explain that Broadsword has taken over swtor from BioWare or they may think it’s a scam 😉

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

@JackieKo
Hopefully you guys have already done or are in the process of doing what I’m about to suggest. But just in case you haven’t, here goes.

I was looking through the old Dalbora server forums and it reminded me how many loyal fans abandoned swtor after BioWare closed the original APAC servers. 

If you haven’t already, it might be a good idea to scrape the old APAC server accounts databases for all the email addresses associated from that period. The same goes for the old Harbinger ones too. And then send out a promotional email inviting the players back to the new APAC server. 

Because so far, word of mouth hasn’t been enough to really get the word out. I’ve spoken to a few old timers who didn’t know there was a new APAC server. The first thing ALL of them said to me, “why didn’t BioWare send me an email to let me know in advance” (They didn’t know it’s Broadsword now). 

So if you really want this server to be successful & not a waste of time. Please, please send out some emails. The current social media influencers aren’t going to be enough because most of the old timers from that period don’t even know who they are. 

This is such a great idea!

@JackieKo I had some other thoughts if you haven’t already put this in motion. 

Can I please 🙏 implore you to do some media coverage in Aussie gaming mags or Aussie gaming news sites or straight up MMO gaming sites. Just reach out to them & let them know that we have an APAC server again 

Like: 

https://au.pcmag.com/

https://www.kotaku.com.au/?page=1

https://www.gamesradar.com/au/

https://www.ausgamers.com/features/?p=02

https://www.mmorpg.com

https://massivelyop.com/

Also, maybe get STEAM to promote it too as I can find no official announcement about it on the swtor STEAM page.

My concern is the APAC gamers & Star Wars fans aren’t getting reached. And if they aren’t finding out, they won’t know to play. Which obviously means less players on the server & you ultimately closing it again.

@JackieKo I was also wondering if Lucas Arts could get the info posted on www.starwars.com under their news section? Or maybe Disney could promote?

Honestly, I really have zero idea how easy or hard this could be or if they would want compensation. But it popped into my head after was I reading my latest Star Wars news email. 

As you can tell, I’m heavily invested in trying to make Shae Vizla & swtor grow in the APAC region 😉

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 3

Question, when creating new characters on imp side, on other servers i was able to make an Imperial Guardian, or Imperial Sage,  Imperial Vanguard etc.

this time around, it seems that you cant create an Imperial Guardian, or imperial sage,  but can make Imperial Smugglers, vanguards, commandos and gunslingers.

Is this by design? or a bug that needs resolving?

1 hour ago, Jonito said:

Question, when creating new characters on imp side, on other servers i was able to make an Imperial Guardian, or Imperial Sage,  Imperial Vanguard etc.

this time around, it seems that you cant create an Imperial Guardian, or imperial sage,  but can make Imperial Smugglers, vanguards, commandos and gunslingers.

It's by design since you haven't reached Dark V and the end ot the 3rd chapter by now I assume. It's this way for FU whereas NFU can select any tech-combat style.

• Dev Post
On 11/18/2023 at 4:47 PM, TrixxieTriss said:

@JackieKo I had some other thoughts if you haven’t already put this in motion. 

Can I please 🙏 implore you to do some media coverage in Aussie gaming mags or Aussie gaming news sites or straight up MMO gaming sites. Just reach out to them & let them know that we have an APAC server again 

Like: 

https://au.pcmag.com/

https://www.kotaku.com.au/?page=1

https://www.gamesradar.com/au/

https://www.ausgamers.com/features/?p=02

https://www.mmorpg.com

https://massivelyop.com/

Also, maybe get STEAM to promote it too as I can find no official announcement about it on the swtor STEAM page.

My concern is the APAC gamers & Star Wars fans aren’t getting reached. And if they aren’t finding out, they won’t know to play. Which obviously means less players on the server & you ultimately closing it again.

Hey! I won't go into too many details, but the appropriate outlets were already notified. We have also been working on an email campaign as well and that's being finalized. I know you're very passionate about the server, so just know that we are too.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Jonito said:

It has been designed that way from the beginning of the dual combat styles, however ... the answer...

When making new characters on an entirely new server and you want to use Jedi Combat Styles on Sith OR Sith Combat Styles on Jedi you need to have reached Light V (5) and/or Dark V (5) in order to be able to cross-train styles. Force user cross-training can happen in your second combat style (or primary style at character creation) after you have reached the Light/Dark Threshold.

Tech users automatically get the ability to cross-train in combat styles.

FYI the fastest way to get to Light/Dark v (5) is to Crew Skills Train in Diplomacy and run the Crew Missions for your desired Light/Dark side points bonus (or both at the same time) however this takes time since you will be essentially only able to run half the missions if you are focused on keeping a pure Light/Dark character. 

Cost will also be a huge hindrance in Diplomacy Missions on the APAC server since upper tier missions can cost upwards of 10k each run..... and as we know the credit resources are minimal for anyone starting out there...

Edited by ElariaSing

8 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hey! I won't go into too many details, but the appropriate outlets were already notified. We have also been working on an email campaign as well and that's being finalized. I know you're very passionate about the server, so just know that we are too.

That’s excellent news Jackie. I look forward to the email dropping in my friends inboxes soon 👍

Its a shame I’ve seen nothing in https://www.kotaku.com.au/ as of yet. This is usually my go to for gaming news in our region. Hope they pick up the story for us. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

On 11/17/2023 at 9:39 PM, TrixxieTriss said:

Thanks Jackie 👍
It’s good to be home. Now we just need those legacy transfers to happen soon 😉

As far as i know, the destination server for a character transfer must have been opened for at least 90 days, so i think in late January or early February we will be able to transfer characters to the SV server. 

Ms./Mrs. @JackieKo should be the one with the answer.

On 11/22/2023 at 4:11 AM, JackieKo said:

We have also been working on an email campaign as well and that's being finalized. 

Hi @JackieKo I’m really hoping this is happening this coming week or I don’t think we will reach a critical mass for population on the Shae Vizla server 😞.

I’m already seeing talk of some people going back to Star Forge & Satele Shan servers if more people don’t join Shae Vizla during what should be the APAC primetime (5pm-9pm AEST). I think this is going to quickly snowball if it’s not addressed very soon. It’s definitely a time sensitive situation now

We need more actual APAC located people playing to really make the server work. Relying on US players is not going to work long term because Ping is much higher for them & they’ll eventually leave when the novelty wears off. 

Still not seeing any APAC based media on the new server either 😞. I don’t know if they don’t actually know about it or are just ignoring the news? If Broadsword really want this to work, maybe it’s time for some paid promo/advertising 🤷🏻‍♀️ to inform APAC gamers & Star Wars fans about it? I’m not sure, I’m just concerned cause I really want this to work. 

Maybe consider opening up “free”APAC transfers off US servers for APAC geolocated players or discounted ones sooner than you planned. Especially for old returning players stuck on Satele Shan or Star Forge servers. But please limit how many credits can be transferred per legacy so it doesn’t flood the server with credits. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

46 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Hi @JackieKo I’m really hoping this is happening this coming week or I don’t think we will reach a critical mass for population on the Shae Vizla server 😞.

I’m already seeing talk of some people going back to Star Forge & Satele Shan servers if more people don’t join Shae Vizla during what should be the APAC primetime (5pm-9pm AEST). I think this is going to quickly snowball if it’s not addressed very soon. It’s definitely a time sensitive situation now

We need more actual APAC located people playing to really make the server work. Relying on US players is not going to work long term because Ping is much higher for them & they’ll eventually leave when the novelty wears off. 

Still not seeing any APAC based media on the new server either 😞. I don’t know if they don’t actually know about it or are just ignoring the news? If Broadsword really want this to work, maybe it’s time for some paid promo/advertising 🤷🏻‍♀️ to inform APAC gamers & Star Wars fans about it? I’m not sure, I’m just concerned cause I really want this to work. 

Maybe consider opening up “free”APAC transfers off US servers for APAC geolocated players or discounted ones sooner than you planned. Especially for old returning players stuck on Satele Shan or Star Forge servers. But please limit how many credits can be transferred per legacy so it doesn’t flood the server with credits. 

Just in case you don't know: She's probably on vacation this week because it's Thanksgiving in USA.

There did seem to be an initial rush on Shae Vizla that has started to die down. In one of the early days I saw 80+ people on the fleet in prime time (Sydney). Now it's more like 40+ people on the fleet. I think there will be some players from other servers when galactic seasons are going on. There will always be some players wanting to get those extra cartel coins.

2 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

Just in case you don't know: She's probably on vacation this week because it's Thanksgiving in USA

I always assume they don’t read the forums on the weekend. I just wanted to get a head start on next week.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

On 11/25/2023 at 2:11 AM, TrixxieTriss said:

I always assume they don’t read the forums on the weekend. I just wanted to get a head start on next week.

Blast them at 7 AM Central Time.  Sydney time that is Midnight Monday into Tuesday (+15 hours).  Reason for this is if you want to "load" up the weekend, your posts will be buried in the deluge of everyone else posting as well.

I have only been back for 2 months after a 10 year hiatus.

Lord I wish even 2 months ago I had known you were flashing this server up again, Real money I gave you guys would of been spent on this server instead...Such as life.

I just hope this is here to stay as I left last time after starting on an apac server and spending quite a bit of money to play only to be merged with a US server and find it almost unplayable (500+ping was standard, usually a lot worse ).

Changed a lot in 10 years and finding it a good way to fill in ( medical recovery ) time.

As an old fart gamer of 30 odd years and a starwars nerd this game ticks my box's for some low cost entertainment...

Please please keep this server around this time..

Regards

Djalu

• Like 1