Shae Vizla Launch Updates

JackieKo

17 minutes ago, Strathkin said:

Yes that is exactly how it works...  ...you just got to be vigiliant to always renew prior to the Date changing, or letting too much time pass before the Date change!

you can not renew your recurring subscription before the end of your sub time, it does not bill until the last day of your current sub term.

you can only buy additional game hours (non recurring sub) which immediately bills

10 hours ago, FrontLineFodder said:

you can not renew your recurring subscription before the end of your sub time, it does not bill until the last day of your current sub term.

you can only buy additional game hours (non recurring sub) which immediately bills

I know, and I never said that...

image.png.a57001e1b9bb9ad1fd79b1e7a042a65d.png

So if your reoccuring subscription time ends because you cancelled it, then you must be vigiliant to renew it within hours.

Note: It's the date change EA / Broadsword recognizes.  Though usually they give a few hours, as it's the date change EA / Broadsword recognizes.  

:csw_yoda:

Best though if your worried to buy the (Billed Once) option that immediately adds 60 Days to your account.  *sigh*  

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar & Image

1 hour ago, Strathkin said:

Note: It's the date change EA / Broadsword recognizes. 

Everyone, everywhere would logically think that except BS customer service. Because the poster you are quoting is still disqualified because it was more than an hour by their reading. This seems to have happened to a bunch of people. Who have contacted support to find out what’s going on & been told it was more than 1 hour, so tough, you don’t qualify. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

9 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Everyone, everywhere would logically think that except BS customer service. 

I said before in this thread, and also here: 

Free transfurs to shae vizla - Suggestion Box - SWTOR | Forums

I believe they should have done a lot better job planning & communicating this!

7 hours ago, Strathkin said:

I've also said at least once in Shae Vizla thread, the least they should do:

• F2P players given 1 Free Transfer.
  • Preferred given 2 Free Transfer's, regardless of Subscription Status. 
  • All Subscriber's 4 Free Transfer's, provided they didn't quality for the 16.

Others have said similar things... they aren't treating people fairly, given the announcement of 90 days subscription was on Jan 19th, and then the Feb 12th revision they made was dated well before that on Jan 2nd, 2024 

*sigh*  Very uncool...  

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Strathkin said:

Yes that is exactly how it works...  ...you just got to be vigiliant to always renew prior to the Date changing, or letting too much time pass before the Date change!

Note: It's the date change EA / Broadsword recognizes. 

Best though if your worried to buy the (Billed Once) option that immediately adds 60 Day's to your account.  *sigh*

I'd like to 'be vigilant' but more that that I'd like my contribution for 12 years to be recognized - and I'm sure there are many others that would wish for the same. Also, some of us have our hands full with other aspects of life - when your already on  a recurring subb (180 day) there shouldn't be any question. For me the biggest pain is I haven't had any income for (at all) for 12 months now...

We here in the APAC region have been shafted once again. Instead of just 'giving us a server' they choose to use us for their experiments!

Quite frankly, the idea that I even have to PAY to get my characters back to where some of them started is the biggest joke of the century - but I'm not laughing... 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, lingburger said:

Quite frankly, the idea that I even have to PAY to get my characters back to where some of them started is the biggest joke of the century - but I'm not laughing... 

And the exact reason I am not giving them another cent, I haven't even logged in since the revised conditions went up, let alone played.
I just feel abused to be honest.

Happy to take our money for years despite a substandard online experience, then when they finally fix it after forcing us all off the servers in the first place they put an unrealistic back dated condition for free transfers, that by rights should be ours to return us to where we were forced from originally.

So, I doubt I will be transferring any and will not be giving them any more of my hard-earned money going forward, all this fiasco has shown me is how much they actually value the APAC community... or don't as it were.

100% would not hurt them to use any of the fair suggestions in this thread, but they chose not to look after us properly.
I'd be interested if anyone is actually paying the transfer fee's.. Unfortunately, the free to play and preferred cant post here so we will likely never know the actual %.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I think it’s fair to say that any currently subscribed APAC player during the 30 day free transfer period, should get 16 Free transfers.

Because it would fix the back dated 2nd January requirement that also seems broken for many people who were more than 60 minutes out of renewing their subscriptions on the same day 🤦‍♀️

Plus is would be a great promotional tool to get people who aren’t currently subscribed to sign up. Which would be good for the server/community & would generate more cash flow for BS than hoping some non subscriber will spend $15 AUD to transfer only 1 character.

Surely it would be better to get them to subscribe instead of hoping they’ll pay for transfers, even if it needs to be for 60 days (if not currently subscribed). Because a subscription costs more than $15 AUD a month. It’s more like $22 AUD a month. 

Adding value to a promotion is how you get more people paying that may not have normally bought into it. What better way to do that than offering free transfers for subscribers. 

The saying goes, “you’ll catch more bees with honey than you will with vinegar”

I was referring to his two-day comments designed to belittle the argument we're making Obviously new players who only recently created an account for the first time have no need for sixteen free Transfers. 

21 minutes ago, JohnnyGatt said:

I was referring to his two-day comments designed to belittle the argument we're making Obviously new players who only recently created an account for the first time have no need for sixteen free Transfers. 

Subbed two days ago and created an account two days ago are very different things. It was not meant to belittle anything, just to point out how unrealistic it was to expect Broadsword to give everyone, regardless of their subscription status, 16 free transfers. There have been lots of other ideas put forth in this thread that I think would be more likely to get Broadsword's attentio, the 16 free transfers is not going to go anywhere or they would have done it that way first time around (why would they put in the effort to come up with a script to do the transfers if they could have just credited everyone's account with 16 transfers).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DWho said:

Subbed two days ago and created an account two days ago are very different things. It was not meant to belittle anything, just to point out how unrealistic it was to expect Broadsword to give everyone, regardless of their subscription status, 16 free transfers. There have been lots of other ideas put forth in this thread that I think would be more likely to get Broadsword's attentio, the 16 free transfers is not going to go anywhere or they would have done it that way first time around (why would they put in the effort to come up with a script to do the transfers if they could have just credited everyone's account with 16 transfers).

Serious question. are you an Australian or are you affected by this in any way? 

• Like 1

I think any current subscribed APAC player who had an account before the APAC server opened, should qualify for the 16 free transfers.

I also agree that if they didn’t have an account before then & haven’t been subscribed for 60 days, then they obviously don’t need the free transfers because they probably have no characters or items to transfer over unless they spent that whole time on another regional server by mistake. 

But here’s the thing, these free transfers aren’t indefinite. They will expire in 29 days from now. Giving the free transfers to all currently subscribed APAC players means less messing around with code or systems. Which is less work or policing by the dev team or support. And the new players who don’t need the transfers won’t use them anyway & they’ll expire in 29 days. 

This would solve the issue of BS back dating the requirements after the fact. And it would solve the issue that some people have where they have been disqualified because of billing issues or a small gap between renewing their subs. 

At the same time, it’s also an incentive for older non sub players with Alts on other servers to subscribe to get free transfers to move them over. Which is likely to make BS more money than trying to get non subscribers to fork out $15 AUD to transfer 1 character. Because there is no value in doing that as a preferred player. So most won’t do it. But if they were offered the free transfers in the sub, I’m sure there would be more that would jump at a last minute chance.

There are literally no losers with that plan. Both Broadsword & the players come out on top. It’s a win-win for everyone. But continuing to double down & not help a bunch of paying players who missed out isn’t going to help anyone. Not BS, not those players & certainly not the server or game. It makes no financial or business sense not to do it.

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, DWho said:

I play significant amounts of time on that server so it does matter.

Unlike the rest of us, you have a choice of playable servers that are lag free. So, your opinion makes a whole lot more sense now.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGatt said:

Unlike the rest of us, you have a choice of playable servers that are lag free. So, your opinion makes a whole lot more sense now.

Anyone who plays on a server should have a say. No more or no less than anyone else. Should we now say that any APAC player on a US or EU server's opinion doesn't matter.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DWho said:

Anyone who plays on a server should have a say. No more or no less than anyone else. Should we now say that any APAC player on a US or EU server's opinion doesn't matter.

Except that's not a great analogy, at all. APAC players needed this server for the ping for a long time, so they should have a bigger say in this. EU/US players have multiple servers! Other players can contribute their opinions too, but APAC's should come first. It doesn't feel like this server is catering for the APAC regional players...

• Like 2

To APAC players: Broadsword coming out with a statement for the recent patch's outrage, and yet no mention of the Shae Vizla server. This should tell you a lot on their stance for this server and the APAC players. Do with that info with what you will.

• Like 3

Just now, SoraRaida said:

Except that's not a great analogy, at all. APAC players needed this server for the ping for a long time, so they should have a bigger say in this. EU/US players have multiple servers! Other players can contribute their opinions too, but APAC's should come first. It doesn't feel like this server is catering for the APAC regional players...

But I personally don't have that advantage. I am currently unable to play the game the way I want on the US servers because I have all but exhausted my character slots there. So I need a new server to play on as well (and my ping to SV is far better than to any of the EU servers since the "cloud" update). I'm expressing my personal opinion about the server because it is very close to becoming my main server. and pointing out the flaws in the logic being used to call for tons more free transfers. Why would you give out more free transfers when you don't know whether they are going to work out any better than the current ones have (from what I've read, failing to be subbed continuously is only one of the problems with people saying they have been subbed continuously and not getting the transfers as well).

Not to mention, support of the game by extended subbing should count for more than just physical location.

5 minutes ago, SoraRaida said:

To APAC players: Broadsword coming out with a statement for the recent patch's outrage, and yet no mention of the Shae Vizla server. This should tell you a lot on their stance for this server and the APAC players. Do with that info with what you will.

This is just fanning the flames and will only make things worse. This is the other issue I have with some of the APAC posters. They are deliberately ginning up outrage rather than looking for solutions. That last part (do with that info with what you will) is very disingenuous. Everyone knows exactly what you are trying to do.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DWho said:

This is just fanning the flames and will only make things worse. This is the other issue I have with some of the APAC posters. They are deliberately ginning up outrage rather than looking for solutions. That last part (do with that info with what you will) is very disingenuous. Everyone knows exactly what you are trying to do.

What are we supposed to do? What solutions are there that we can do? A lot of us here have already suggested plenty of workarounds and suggestions, and most of us have already cancelled our subs to show our disinterest. People are complaining on the forums about the recent patch, and BS responded to them. No response to us APAC players yet whatsoever.

28 minutes ago, SoraRaida said:

What are we supposed to do? What solutions are there that we can do? A lot of us here have already suggested plenty of workarounds and suggestions, and most of us have already cancelled our subs to show our disinterest. People are complaining on the forums about the recent patch, and BS responded to them. No response to us APAC players yet whatsoever.

Work together and come up with something other than all APAC players get 16 free transfers immediately. Broadsword is never going to agree to that (primarily for financial reasons, each free transfer reduces the chance they will get revenue from future transfers which is something they have to pay attention to). Get behind one of the other proposals. People don't understand my position on this so they continually attack me as not being APAC and I respond strongly sometimes (I do apologize if I came across as overly harsh towards you - not that that excuses it).

I believe the number of transfers should be based on the amount of continuous sub you accumulate. Sure, give every APAC player 4 free transfers just for being subbed on the day transfers started then give them 4 more when they sign up for a new recurring 1 month sub, maybe 6 for a 2 month non recurring, 6 month recurring gets you 12. Basically make each of the sub options grant additional transfers up to the 16. That gives them confidence they are going to have "continuing" revenues as a result of the free transfers. The issue now is going to be tracking who has and hasn't used those subs up (it's tracked on your subscription page but probably not tied into the game system anywhere).

"Attacking"/"Threatening" the Devs has never worked it always causes them to double down on what they did. They responded to something that affects everyone, even APAC players first. The reason they didn't respond about the transfers is likely either they have no choice (it's a financial decision they cannot change) or they don't know what is going wrong (which they are not going to admit). Communication has always been a weakness for the Devs in this game (They swing back and forth between too much and not enough and have never found the sweet spot).

Edited by DWho
Corrected "sub" to "transfer" in first paragraph

2 hours ago, DWho said:

I did not say you shouldn't have a say, I just said it Your opinion now makes sense based on where you're located and how it affects you.  Can you show me where I said that you couldn't have a say? Or were you just trying to twist things around so people feel sorry for you?

Just now, JohnnyGatt said:

I did not say you shouldn't have a say, I just said it Your opinion now makes sense based on where you're located and how it affects you.  Can you show me where I said that you couldn't have a say? Or were you just trying to twist things around so people feel sorry for you?

Apologies then, I misunderstood the intent of your post

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DWho said:

Not to mention, support of the game by extended subbing should count for more than just physical location.

So is the issue for you that you don’t qualify for the free transfers because you’re out of the APAC region? I thought you still got the free transfers too or am I mistaken? 

1 minute ago, DWho said:

Apologies then, I misunderstood the intent of your post

The apology is appreciated.

I do not expect every Australian player to get free transfers, But I do think giving every APAC player transfers would be a good thing for the server. In my personal opinion, BS Just don't seem to be looking at the big picture for what's best for the server. 

Countless people complained about the 2 million credit limit and it was changed. If you don't speak up it won't change you can't blame people for asking.

I personally think offering 16 free transfers to non APAC players was a mistake as I doubt many outside of the region are gonna make it their full-time home, I feel it's a tourist destination at best based on ping. But I'm not gonna argue with anybody who disagrees with my opinion. If you want to move all your characters over because you prefer playing with Australians or playing On a server that has a higher population at certain times That's your choice. I just personally couldn't do anything past basic storyline stuff on international servers.

Having everybody get all those free transfers Just means I've got more credits on SV now and only transferred three characters (That's all the CC I had).. People are paying more for things on SV than I paid on SS earlier in the week when I brought them over lol. It's hilarious that in the first week market prices are higher than on U S servers lol and this includes crafted items like dyes. :)

As somebody who was moved off Australian servers I'm disappointed I didn't get the opportunity for free transfers And I think it's a fair and reasonable request and why I put a complaint in with the ACCC that players who were moved do get free transfers back. I cannot speak for others as I'm not in their situation, I will support and try and understand their fight. It's important to support others in our community respectfully with compassion for their situation. For every upset player here, there are multiple who haven't posted on the forums and will just stop subscribing and that's bad for the game.

I will be moving all of my characters using my monthly allowance as they have given us three months at 500cr. I'll leave one low-level character on SS just so I'm not deleting all the credits and items I've had to leave behind.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

So is the issue for you that you don’t qualify for the free transfers because you’re out of the APAC region? I thought you still got the free transfers too or am I mistaken? 

No, the issue is not that I don't qualify for transfers. I already have 16 of them in theory (I used 1 to free a character from the horrible connection i have to the EU since the cloud update).

Straight up my issue is that someone who subs for 1 month should get fewer transfers than someone who has substantially supported the game either in the recent past or future. I support an earn a transfer approach rather than just giving them away all at once. I'd put the requirement at 6 months of sub time within the last 2 years (it's just easier to do it going forward though) for the full 16 transfers. I don't see any real downside to this. You are still potentially getting your 16 transfers and Broadsword has some confidence for incoming revenue (even if it is stretching the $$$s of a 6 month sub across 6 months)

There is also the issue of potential abuse with that many transfers all at once. You have multiple accounts, don't you. So let's look at someone who has a subbed account and two non-sub accounts. For 30$ dollars, they can effectively transfer as much as 720 million credits by moving those credits between accounts on the source server, giving them a substantial advantage over the person with one subbed account. All it takes is a bunch of mule characters and with 30 days to make them, getting them to level 20 is no impediment.

I don't see any advantage to the all at once approach especially considering there is no guarantee that way that Broadsword will realize any revenue (other than the 15$ for a 1 month sub) to keep the game going. Broadsword is going to want to see a return on investment for the cost of those transfers.

I'm also concerned that just "giving away" more transfers doesn't fix the issue that currently exists with transfers. Take the time to fix the problems. The issue could even be that the volume of transfers is causing the problems and slowing them down will help. The idea that APAC players will sub if they get free transfers is flawed because there is very little in the game that requires a sub, especially if you transfer over max level characters and their gear plus a cargo hold full of additional gear.

30 minutes ago, JohnnyGatt said:

People are paying more for things on SV than I paid on SS earlier in the week when I brought them over lol. It's hilarious that in the first week market prices are higher than on U S servers lol and this includes crafted items like dyes. :)

That was what I was afraid would happen. Hopefully its just a listing issue and prices will drop if things don't sell.