Shae Vizla Launch Updates

JackieKo

1 hour ago, JohnnyGatt said:

I have been surprised that the players are from other countries like Singapore The players I've spoken to in Singapore are able to get a sub-100 ping so The potential available player base is way higher than I realised. In the Singapore, Malaysia region and surrounding areas on the same connexion to Australia has a population of about 80 to 100 million..

I’ve been arguing this for years actually. If EA & BS really wanted the game to be successful in the region, they would be marketing to new players in the region. First Australia & NZ, but they also need to target other specific countries, like Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia India & Philippines. A lot of people from these countries can read, write & speak English better than some of our fellow Aussie’s 🤣. And they dwarf Australia & NZ in population. SE Asia has more people than Europe. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 4

They shouldn't have tried their fresh start server notion. Should have allowed legacy transfers from the start with free character transfers coming a little bit later with no sub restrictions attached. I mean they owe the apac people for closing down their original server and making them move in the first place. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I’ve been arguing this for years actually. If EA & BS really wanted the game to be successful in the region, they would be marketing to new players in the region. First Australia & NZ, but they also need to target other specific countries, like Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia India & Philippines. A lot of people from these countries can read, write & speak English better than some of our fellow Aussie’s 🤣. And they dwarf Australia & NZ in population. SE Asia has more people than Europe. 

Japan loves SW, Korea has some of the biggest gaming market. They also huge money in MMO and mobile games.

Language barrier is the biggest obstacle for none-english speaking SE countries. All of my friends don't play SWTOR because they can't read english that well (not good enough to play story centered RPG which is what made them interested in SWTOR). I'm not even talking about making dubs, just making subtitle support and some good marketing will give EA/BS a potential big customer base.

16 hours ago, Duck_Cider said:

I don't recall pro-credit posters using arguments like "the economy will blow up anyway" when they argued why the 2m limit should be raised

While I was for the limitation of credits initially, I did say it was only postponing the inevitable and the issue was not just the credits in the system, and that it was going to happen anyway, more than once.
However, like Trixxie says it's better to have people than an empty server with a great inflation. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nommaz said:

While I was for the limitation of credits initially, I did say it was only postponing the inevitable and the issue was not just the credits in the system, and that it was going to happen anyway, more than once.
However, like Trixxie says it's better to have people than an empty server with a great inflation. 

I finally transferred my first character over tonight. That 15 million credits was gone very fast as I had to pay to open up my guild bank & some tabs & the last legacy bank tab. And that doesn’t include the setting up the guild ship or the second guild I need to set that up on too. It was scary how fast those credits disappeared. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I finally transferred my first character over tonight. That 15 million credits was gone very fast as I had to pay to open up my guild bank & some tabs & the last legacy bank tab. And that doesn’t include the setting up the guild ship or the second guild I need to set that up on too. It was scary how fast those credits disappeared. 

15 mil is nothing, chump change with how much things cost in game.

They set the prices with inflation in mind because of US and EU and how much credits ppl have accumulated, but limiting APAC in bring ours over isn't fair as the costs outweigh what we can maintain because of it. 

What was a simple couple of hours playtime to get credits for whatever i wanted to do on US realms, is not a not fun grind for hours if not days that leave me hating the game on APAC, I had farmed, Grinded, Spent CC on the CM and sold stuff, only for it to be LOCKED away from me.

They made a huge mistake with limits. Even fresh accounts could make credits on US and EU realms, crafting, farming, CM as got more from those than daily's, but if you wanted rep could get easy creds doing that too. that's how it is in ALL MMO's, the later you join you have some catching up to do, but gold/credits are easier to get the longer the game is out as ppl will buy for alts, level crafting ect.

1 hour ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I used up all the CC I had left (as I said I will not give them another cent). and transferred 2 more than I actually wanted to just for the extra credits.
Also have put some stuff on the GTN at inflated prices to try and make some back.

I need to re-buy my strongholds? I thought they were supposed to transfer over. 
I also notice the old chieves that are no longer available did not transfer over either. 
I am really in two minds where to keep playing (preferred) or not bother at all. 

• Like 2

Its funny watching how the comments here are slowly stopping, as more and more apac player accounts go to being unsubbed and can no longer post. I think I have 12 days left or so, then its goodbye swtor.

Thankyou for showing us equality and fairness

"cough" right...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

First, you're right.  15 million credits goes crazy fast.  If there was a way to transfer toons WITHOUT the legacy I would have done so and would have credits galore there and it would all be gone in a matter of hours as I unlocked everything I'm used to with guild ships and so on.

BUT...

3 hours ago, Gabriaye said:

15 mil is nothing, chump change with how much things cost in game.

They set the prices with inflation in mind because of US and EU and how much credits ppl have accumulated, but limiting APAC in bring ours over isn't fair as the costs outweigh what we can maintain because of it. 

What was a simple couple of hours playtime to get credits for whatever i wanted to do on US realms, is not a not fun grind for hours if not days that leave me hating the game on APAC, I had farmed, Grinded, Spent CC on the CM and sold stuff, only for it to be LOCKED away from me.

They made a huge mistake with limits. Even fresh accounts could make credits on US and EU realms, crafting, farming, CM as got more from those than daily's, but if you wanted rep could get easy creds doing that too. that's how it is in ALL MMO's, the later you join you have some catching up to do, but gold/credits are easier to get the longer the game is out as ppl will buy for alts, level crafting ect.

Which prices are you talking about?
The credit cost for extra rooms / tabs has always been high.  As far as I remember, it's never been raised and it's meant to be done over time.  Same with unlocking Legacy Perks for that matter (though you didn't bring that up here).  I do know the feeling of the "rush to get it done" since you've had it done on all the other servers for awhile now.

I have two guild ships on SV I'm paying for myself and so far only opened up one room.  I'm not even trying to sell stuff on the GTN (haven't been for weeks).

My point is, this one particular thing...system generated credits vs. system generated costs...has nothing to do with player created inflation, especially now that there has been, and will continue to be, a mass credit influx.

1 hour ago, Gabriaye said:

Its funny watching how the comments here are slowly stopping, as more and more apac player accounts go to being unsubbed and can no longer post. I think I have 12 days left or so, then its goodbye swtor.

Thankyou for showing us equality and fairness

"cough" right...

They have 'graciously' allowed preferred status to post in forums now. My sub ran out a few days ago. I've not transferred anything because I'm not eligible.

I haven't commented any further on this as it is all done and dusted.

They can't now offer free transfers as they would have to deal with the issue of those who have already paid to move their characters. Do they give refunds? No way that is going to happen.

So I've moved on again. I'm playing Conan Exiles.

4 minutes ago, Darev said:

The credit cost for extra rooms / tabs has always been high.

Once you reactivate a stronghold that is fully unlocked on another server isn't it fully unlocked on the new server too? The price of opening rooms you didn't have unlocked isn't any higher now than it was before 7.0. As far as I know, the only things that were changed were travel costs and repair bills. GTN prices are high, but hasn't the argument been that you don't need the stuff being sold on the GTN.

4 hours ago, Darev said:

First, you're right.  15 million credits goes crazy fast.  If there was a way to transfer toons WITHOUT the legacy I would have done so and would have credits galore there and it would all be gone in a matter of hours as I unlocked everything I'm used to with guild ships and so on.

BUT...

Which prices are you talking about?
The credit cost for extra rooms / tabs has always been high.  As far as I remember, it's never been raised and it's meant to be done over time.  Same with unlocking Legacy Perks for that matter (though you didn't bring that up here).  I do know the feeling of the "rush to get it done" since you've had it done on all the other servers for awhile now.

I have two guild ships on SV I'm paying for myself and so far only opened up one room.  I'm not even trying to sell stuff on the GTN (haven't been for weeks).

My point is, this one particular thing...system generated credits vs. system generated costs...has nothing to do with player created inflation, especially now that there has been, and will continue to be, a mass credit influx.

A new server designed for APAC (not SV as this server is designed to be a test server for Broadsword's economic policies and ability to manage RMT, a fresh start server for NA and EU players, and a server that just happens to be located in the APAC region) would not have come with any restrictions on moving credits.

Such restrictions are stupid considering it has been years since any of the other servers had an economy where one could not buy something off the CM with their monthly subscription stipend, sell it to other players, and have more than enough credits to unlock all the strongholds, all the legacy perks, pay all the fees to level crew skill, buy gifts and / or instant companion rank up tokens, and buy character specific perks for multiple characters.

To expect APAC players (new, old, returning, whatever) to accept that somehow, they should feel good about the need to spend 10X or more in real money on the store to be able to convert that to credits to purchase in-game credits based unlocks is ridiculous, as ridiculous as expecting them to spend months and years obtaining stuff they already spend real money obtaining years ago.

Right now, the optimal approach for a new or returning APAC player would be to start characters on a n NA server like SS or SF, convert CC to credits, buy all the strongholds and unlocks, set up their characters, rank up companions, rank up crew skills, and only then buy transfers to SV as they will still come out significantly ahead in overall cost.

Edited by DawnAskham

2 hours ago, DawnAskham said:

buy all the strongholds and unlocks

Strongholds are not transferring only the unlocks which means you need to spend millions of the paltry 15 mill to buy them again.

As I understand it, if you bought a Stronghold on the origin server with Credits, then you'll have to buy the Stronghold all over again on the destination server.

But if you bought the Stronghold on the origin server with a different currency, like Cartel Coins, then you won't need to buy the Stronghold again on the destination server. You just have to reactivate it and redecorate it.

At least, that's what it says in the EA Help.

Star Wars: The Old Republic - STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ Character Transfers (ea.com)

So you could buy a Stronghold on one server with Cartel Coins, and then reactivate it on the destination server after you complete the character transfer. I believe that it's free to reactivate a Stronghold bought with Cartel Coins.

That way, you could get Strongholds on both servers and only have to pay the Cartel Coin cost once.

At least, I think that's how it works.

Edited by ShadowyKai

4 minutes ago, ShadowyKai said:

That way, you could get Strongholds on both servers and only have to pay the Cartel Coin cost once.

Yup send real money to buy them rather than in game currency, it's still ridiculous.

47 minutes ago, Nommaz said:

Strongholds are not transferring only the unlocks which means you need to spend millions of the paltry 15 mill to buy them again.

Yeah the need to pay credits again for the initial unlock is still a problem, and one the limits on credit transfers just exacerbate, but my point was that there are so many unlocks and things like crew skills that eat up credits in chunks of 100s of thousands to millions per character, that the heavy handed economic crippling done to SV along with the 15 million transfer limit is just another insult on top of that from requiring most returning players to 'pay' to transfer given their idiotic 'promotion' for free transfers that includes a back dated qualification.

Edited by DawnAskham
  • Like 1

Yup send real money to buy them rather than in game currency, it's still ridiculous.

I'm not denying that. I'm just saying the option exists.

When I first started playing the game, a long time ago and on an older account, I would buy items with Cartel Coins and sold them for Credits. I stopped doing that a while back, after increases in real world cost of living made real money a lot more valuable to me than in-game Credits.

But if somebody is willing to buy a Stronghold with Cartel Coins, they could do this with a character transfer.

Edited by ShadowyKai

2 hours ago, ShadowyKai said:

As I understand it, if you bought a Stronghold on the origin server with Credits, then you'll have to buy the Stronghold all over again on the destination server.

But if you bought the Stronghold on the origin server with a different currency, like Cartel Coins, then you won't need to buy the Stronghold again on the destination server. You just have to reactivate it and redecorate it.

Star Wars: The Old Republic - STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ Character Transfers (ea.com)

So you could buy a Stronghold on one server with Cartel Coins, and then reactivate it on the destination server after you complete the character transfer. I believe that it's free to reactivate a Stronghold bought with Cartel Coins.

This is correct

10 hours ago, Avatarless said:

They can't now offer free transfers as they would have to deal with the issue of those who have already paid to move their characters. Do they give refunds? No way that is going to happen.

They could give those who paid some CC’s or more free transfers on top. There are ways around this if they want to do it. 

2 hours ago, ShadowyKai said:

Which is why we’ve been saying that $15 million was never enough.
If they really had to have restrictions (which most of us have come to conclusion, they didn’t) I calculated the sweet spot to be closer $20-25 million.
Sadly, this was ignored when put to the devs. Just like everything else in this threads been ignored since they said it was going to be $15 million credits. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 3

On 3/18/2024 at 11:44 AM, TrixxieTriss said:

Which is why we’ve been saying that $15 million was never enough.
If they really had to have restrictions (which most of us have come to conclusion, they didn’t) I calculated the sweet spot to be closer $20-25 million.
Sadly, this was ignored when put to the devs. Just like everything else in this threads been ignored since they said it was going to be $15 million credits. 

I agree that 15 million was never enough for players actually wanting to move to SV to actually play on SV but at the same time it's proving to be too much for the tourists moving 16 free alts to dump stock and buy as much as they can at a cheap price. I estimate I'll take about a 50% loss after I've sold all the stock i purchased for the sole purpose of selling on this server and yet all the day to day cost of living is the same, All the special items unlocked from the market are the same price as on US servers and it's going to be a long time before we see the market settle down.

I got sick of swapping servers and bit the bullet and purchased some cartel coins for the first time to transfer my last 6 characters 8 in total, one of each class leaving three low level characters behind. As I unlock more coins, I might create new characters to play and transfer them over with unlocked legacies bank slots and 15 million credits from what I have left over on the US.

2 hours ago, JohnnyGatt said:

I got sick of swapping servers and bit the bullet and purchased some cartel coins for the first time to transfer my last 6 characters 8 in total

unfortunately you also justified the poor decisions by the devs, no doubt counting on exactly this happening, people spending money to transfer them when they should have absolutely been free. 
The more people that do this the more they will feel justified, and then the more likely they will pull things like this in the future, because it worked, people paid.

No offense intended, BTW just pointing out a fact., you have been fighting along with us I know.

@JohnnyGatt

You are right to do whatever actions you want to play your way.

It is unfortunate the situation we are in, The developers have not communicated well, and we the players are in binding situation if we want to have the improved gaming experience.

However as Nommaz has stated, It does put more pressure on the Devs to make no further changes to transfer rules & restrictions, given how some players have paid CC's for their transfers.

5 hours ago, Nommaz said:

unfortunately you also justified the poor decisions by the devs, no doubt counting on exactly this happening, people spending money to transfer them when they should have absolutely been free. 
The more people that do this the more they will feel justified, and then the more likely they will pull things like this in the future, because it worked, people paid.

No offense intended, BTW just pointing out a fact., you have been fighting along with us I know.

You're right they might see my actions as a win. But hopefully I demonstrate that it's not that I just want something for free I wanna play this game, and I want what's best for this game.  I will continuously remind them as a subscriber playing on this server from Australia how Unforgivably wrong they were in almost all of their actions.  If I just quit and go away we both lose.

I've been involved in this project for longer than every developer I've seen post And half of them were still in school when I signed my first NDA with Lucasarts at E3 in 06.  

APAC's needing free Transfers is about what will be best for the game not just my personal need. giving free transfers to players who actually want to play on this server long-term is way more important than giving free transfers to every long-term subscriber regardless of the location To promote a short-term fresh start failed experiment.

I'm hoping to demonstrate to them that Australians/ APAC's do want to play on this server.

Hopefully, they can be convinced to offer returning APAC players free Unrestricted transfers to bring players back.

It won't take long for BS to realise how ridiculous the credit restrictions were and how horribly wrong They were with who they offered free transfers to and the restrictions involved. 

Somebody above them is gonna ask for statistics on this server launch and they're going to have to scramble to recover. Our voices as subscribers playing on this server have way more weight both here and on other social platforms..

Edited by JohnnyGatt
  • Like 4