lots of *bug fixes* with tomorrow 7.3 ( thankyou BIOWARE ) , but some changes seem odd & wrong ....

Nee-Elder

Kudos to BioWare for a rather significant patch of bug fixes coming tomorrow --> https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/06132023/game-update-7.3-old-wounds

However, since the patch notes thread is *locked*, these are a few "fixes"  i really don't understand :confused: ....

Edited by Nee-Elder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, black_pyros said:

PvP Season 3 “Reign of Glory” starts on July 18th and despite a missing mention, it is going to include GSF.

Source?

Because:

On 5/10/2023 at 5:39 PM, BryantWood said:

Hey everyone, thanks for your feedback regarding the addition of Galactic Starfighter to the PvP Season track! The team has taken a look at the issues you’ve raised surrounding the current state of Galactic Starfighter such as the medals, objectives, skill gap, and bugs. After evaluating this feedback we’ve come to the conclusion that GSF is not in a good position to be added to the PvP Seasons track at this time.

Thank you again for your constructive feedback regarding this change! We will continue to monitor PvP Seasons and your feedback to improve PvP Seasons going forward.

They decided against it afaik…

13 minutes ago, Dekibra said:

They decided against it afaik…

I didn't know about this. I stand corrected, then. Sad news for me, though.

So GSF haters won? Despite no one forces them to play GSF to progress the season. "Many thanks" for their feedback. 🤬

So good that the ground PvP doesn't have these issues as the medals, objectives, skill gap, and bugs. Oh, wait... 🙈

Edited by black_pyros

22 minutes ago, black_pyros said:

PvP Season 3 “Reign of Glory” starts on July 18th and despite a missing mention, it is going to include GSF.

You are incorrect and behind on your information --> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/929314-pts-gsf-added-to-pvp-season-3-track/?do=findComment&comment=9757696

11 minutes ago, black_pyros said:

I didn't know about this. I stand corrected, then. Sad news for me, though.

So GSF haters won?

So good that the ground PvP doesn't have these issues as the medals, objectives, skill gap, and bugs. Oh, wait...

..... Yep , very disappointing indeed.

BioWare continued  *silence* on this particular issue ( and on GSF as a whole ) is absolutely baffling and ridiculous.

@KeithKanneg , surely you can at the very least comment on THIS specific  non-Broadsword  topic, no?   Please?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, xordevoreaux said:

The weirdness for me is the 30-day blackout before a new character can use the guild bank. The notes don't clarify whether that includes repair costs for operations, which would be unfortunate.

There should be an exemption for bringing in a new character into a guild that the Legacy is already in, but since no exemption exists for the Conquest point restriction I highly doubt there will be one for this matter.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, xordevoreaux said:

The weirdness for me is the 30-day blackout before a new character can use the guild bank. The notes don't clarify whether that includes repair costs for operations, which would be unfortunate.

Or the ability to use summon.

Another stupid change to avoid managing the game and making the one change that is needed - increase the GTN transaction limit.

So we'll have QT costs that defy logical reasoning and are very anti-new / lowbie player friendly, a 30-day waiting period for access to guild banks, and a convoluted transaction fee for trades between players for any reason, all instead of...

...Bioware managing the game (don't implement exploits, ban exploiters) and increasing the GTN limit.

And people wonder why EA would want to shuffle off the dev team to a third party. 

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, xordevoreaux said:

Yeah, I'm not sure I understand their logic on this one. So as a GM, any new toons I add to my guild can't take money out of the guild bank that I put there, or use Flagship summons... for 30 days? That's dumb.

16 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

You are incorrect and behind on your information

Since the post was written on May 10th, I was living in a sweet oblivion for over a month. Now I am angry 🤬. So angry, I may ignore the 3rd season completely, despite I actually love ground PvP.

1 hour ago, AlainaFlute said:

So, if you're starting a new guild, no one in that guild will be able to access the guild bank for 30 days?? We need more info on something like this. Communication is so hard for these devs.....

Well, currently, when you start a new guild you can not earn Conquest points for the first week (until Tuesday reset), so this makes perfect sense under that mentality.  Start a new guild, can not earn Conquest points for the guild, and thus no guild XP, for the first week, can use your own credits to purchase a guild bank, but can not deposit credits to use for summons, repairs, or to purchase a flagship for 30-days.

Makes perfect sense. /s

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

•  Yet another patch update without ANY  Galactic Starfighter  mentions.  So frustrating & perplexing to ignore  one half of the *STAR Wars* . :sy_starship:
  •  __________  ( reserved for another player's post )

This. GSF is best part of the game imo.  When ignoring GSF, they are  ignoring something that 'd actually be affordable to develop further. It don't take  48 playerchar  VAs to give GSF some love.

Edited by Stradlin
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

"Players will no longer gain experience from Space Combat Missions directly."

Wow, I totally missed that one from patch notes. And I think it's totally insane. Wherever there is a chance to gain experience, they remove it. Not even nerf, just removing it. I thought the idea of experience points is to gain them, to level up a character?  What's next, do we get cartel market items with x amount of experience points? Because they sure have removed a lot of means to gain XP lately.