Nerf R-4 Anomaly IP-CPT and Lady Dominique SM again

Please nerf IP-CPT the first boss in R-4 SM and Lady Dominique the final boss in R-4 SM, now I finished R-4 Anomaly on SM 8 times with pugs since release so I can do this if I gather good players but not all the time ,here are the reasons why this operation need a second nerf : IP-CPT is destroying most pug groups there is AoE Damage almost everywhere, then there are those terminals you need to click on, destroy the exploding intrusion droids and the other droids, now Bioware can nerf these 2 factors but the DPS check during the burn phase should be nerfed above all during this encounter this 60 seconds burn timer needs to be removed from Story mode it kills so many groups it's overkill for pugs and even guilds.

now about Lady Dominique SM the nerf that we got during 7.1.1 was the reduction of Lady Dominique's health from 46 Million to 45 Million and what do I think about it : it's not enough 

most groups still can't defeat Lady Dominique on SM players who can't do more than 20K DPS can't finish it, I do between 22K and 27K against her so for me it's not a problem and I have met players who just can't do more than 11K and 12K DPS who could not defeat Dominique after bringing 5 DPS players against her, so I say Reduce Lady Dominique health to at least 40 Million HP, and also remove the yellow Recursive circles that push you around during the burn phase so that most groups can finally defeat her and finish their story mission. 

R-4 Anomaly is a fun operation with good story and I think that most players should enjoy it not just HM raiders like me, and think about it if this operation gets the nerfs I listed above many players will return to the game after leaving at 7.1 and then again at 7.1.1 and we will have more players to do this operation with because right now the situation isn't looking good, players don't want to do this operation because they know they can't clear it on Story mode which is the lowest difficulty of an operation in this game, this operation needs a big nerf this time it's been 8 months now since this operation was released.

Edited by CaptainZiv

• 1 month later...

This Ops doesn't have a functional story mode. Simple as. SM should be intended for people that just want to complete the operation with a random group to experience the scenery and story. Doing that with this operation is impossible.

• Like 1

Give the hardness of the content the least you could do was supply SM lock outs that last till the last boss or a mechanic to start from her.  This is a HM op level and has a punishing lockout system for content that requires you to realistically book time to clear with friend.   

As of this post this operations has zero gear benefit to run in SM.  That makes no sense either. 

The floor phasing on IP needs better lighting.  The amount of people who cannot see the visual queues is pretty high.   You need to adjust the lighting or prompts.  

I don't mind the recursive phase as much, but it needs a longer gap in SM.   Its recast rate is to frequent.   That would likely result in the intended results of more clears.  Or simply put the burn phase percentage start at like 15%.  That way its only 1 or 2 knocking the raid  

On 6/5/2023 at 10:51 PM, PlagaNerezza said:

Edit> The floor phasing on IP needs better lighting.  The amount of people who cannot see the visual queues is pretty high.   You need to adjust the lighting or prompts. Edit>

I agree the fires coming from the ground need to be more visible I see many players standing on the fire and burning to death, the fires needs to look brighter instead of dark like they are now. 

Edit> I don't mind the recursive phase as much, but it needs a longer gap in SM.   Its recast rate is to frequent.   That would likely result in the intended results of more clears.  Or simply put the burn phase percentage start at like 15%.  That way its only 1 or 2 knocking the raid

I agree with you the burn phase against Lady Dominique should to start at 15% health, but also the recursive blasts circles needs to knockout only 2 players instead of 4 players right now it's too hard for most pugs.

Edited by CaptainZiv
I made a few mistakes

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2023 at 12:24 AM, Inzuher said:

This Ops doesn't have a functional story mode. Simple as. SM should be intended for people that just want to complete the operation with a random group to experience the scenery and story. Doing that with this operation is impossible.

There is a rather long-standing precedent here (at least since gods as older operations didn't scale before then), that the latest operation is significantly more difficult than the rest of them in every difficulty and cannot be taken as casually. R-4 cannot currently be cleared with a group of players who put little effort / knowledge into it, but you can expect that, if there ever is another operation added to the game, R-4 will then be nerfed on the same super-easy level as other operations, but the new op will also be on a similar difficulty level as R-4 is now.

3 hours ago, Loc_n_lol said:

There is a rather long-standing precedent here (at least since gods as older operations didn't scale before then), that the latest operation is significantly more difficult than the rest of them in every difficulty and cannot be taken as casually. R-4 cannot currently be cleared with a group of players who put little effort / knowledge into it, but you can expect that, if there ever is another operation added to the game, R-4 will then be nerfed on the same super-easy level as other operations, but the new op will also be on a similar difficulty level as R-4 is now.

I'm not sure I agree with that precedent. While it was true of Gods and R-4, Dxun was not on the same level for Story mode as either of those 2 Operations. Dxun was only mildly more challenging then the older Ops in sm. Most groups I saw in 6.0 when Dxun came out were pugging it just fine for sm. 

5 hours ago, Loc_n_lol said:

That would work better if we still had a week long lockout for story modes, and could stop for the day and pick it up the next wthout having to do the same boss(es) over and over and over.

It's another case of bioware screwing over casual players, not bad players or story only players, but players who can't devote more than 2 to 3 hours in one day to the game.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

IP-CPT

there is no dps check whatsoever in sm, and a very light check in HM, but not really.

Lady Dom

SM nerf, it already got nerfed. If you cant clear with pugs, get them in a voice call and teach them if you know the mechanics. its not a hard fight.

there is only 1 thing that needs to be nerfed in r-4, and that is the hallway of death. Instead of asking for boss nerfs, maybe ask them to fix people being dead on frames, infinite loading screens, and adding new endgame content. The reason why a lot of high end raiders are quitting is because of no content and players who complain about sm being too hard like yourself

8 hours ago, megawarz said:

The reason why a lot of high end raiders are quitting is because of no content and players who complain about sm being too hard like yourself

Raiders are not quitting because of story mode.  There is Vet and MM for raiders.  Lack of content is probably the main reason for raiders to drop, same as everyone else because lack of content is something every part of the game currently suffers from.

Are you claiming that R4 'story' mode is comparable to the other story modes?  It's not. 

I think they overnerfed the older story modes with this expansion, but they failed hard with R4 difficulty level.

My view is that a story mode should be doable by most players, and that means the players in the mid-range tier of their classes, not the top 10%.  A full group of mid-range type players too, not just one or two mid-ranged being carried by top-tiers.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

My view is that a story mode should be doable by most players, and that means the players in the mid-range tier of their classes, not the top 10%.  A full group of mid-range type players too, not just one or two mid-ranged being carried by top-tiers.

Especially when it's part of the story line. Those should be doable for everyone. Or if that's not an option, don't link to the story at all.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2023 at 1:59 AM, Wraithwarr said:

No...it's really not difficult with a competent group in discord. 

There are TONS of active raiding guilds recruiting.  Join one of those. 

Leave mindless frag farming to sm df/dp and ev/kp. 

That's exactly the problem most of these raiding guilds have players that can't even do 20K DPS against a training Dummy and I'm talking to you about players with Rotations, now the final burn against Lady Dominique requires every DPS to do more than 20K DPS during the burn phase (23% health) which most players simply can't do, and why would anyone want to form a team on discord or join a raiding guild just to do a story mode operation ?? I pugged R-4 Anomaly SM 14 times successfully but then again I only invited players who can do 20K DPS.

On 9/20/2023 at 6:59 PM, Wraithwarr said:

No...it's really not difficult with a competent group in discord. 

There are TONS of active raiding guilds recruiting.  Join one of those. 

Leave mindless frag farming to sm df/dp and ev/kp. 

Or just do Vet mode for a challenge. R-4 does need to be toned down so the random groups can actually do it on storymode. This game is no longer the way it was in 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 when Story mode Ops could be challenging because mechanics had to be followed or you would wipe. The casuals deserve to be able to clear all story Ops easily, and for those of us that want harder content we have HM/NiM Ops. 

Those that want challenge aren't really doing R-4 storymode anyway, so there is no need to keep that operation at the current balance level.

Edited by Toraak

Fair point...The biggest issue I see, is that there is simply a lot of people playing MMOs nowadays that don't put any effort in to leaning mechanics, learning their rotation, or gearing.  There is not a single sm op in the game that is not puggable when you have people capable of those three things. 

A longer lockout would be nice.  9 hours for a lockout on what's essentially a hard mode raid.  Do the dev's assume all raiders have no lives and are available 24/7? You can't even do the first 3 bosses and then come back the next day to work on Lady D.

Sure it's easy, for NiM type raiders, but some prog teams are still, you know, prog.  You don't start with the whole team in the top 5%.

15 hours ago, Toraak said:

The casuals deserve to be able to clear all story Ops easily, and for those of us that want harder content we have HM/NiM Ops. 

Casuals before could do sm when they had mechanics. Keep having sm ops being faceroll easy and the jump from sm to hm is too big for those players. A ladder is easy to climb step by step, but if you remove all the steps of the ladder but the last two, that is when the ladder becomes a challenge and most people don't even try to climb it. This game for years has been removing things that teach players how to play and dumbing down the average population of he game.

When i was a casual i actually enjoyed so much when with the casual guild i was in we were able to clear a raid, it felt earned not given. 

3 hours ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

A longer lockout would be nice.  9 hours for a lockout on what's essentially a hard mode raid.  Do the dev's assume all raiders have no lives and are available 24/7? You can't even do the first 3 bosses and then come back the next day to work on Lady D.

Sure it's easy, for NiM type raiders, but some prog teams are still, you know, prog.  You don't start with the whole team in the top 5%.

What is hard about it? Actually curious. 

8 hours ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

Casuals before could do sm when they had mechanics. Keep having sm ops being faceroll easy and the jump from sm to hm is too big for those players. A ladder is easy to climb step by step, but if you remove all the steps of the ladder but the last two, that is when the ladder becomes a challenge and most people don't even try to climb it. This game for years has been removing things that teach players how to play and dumbing down the average population of he game.

When i was a casual i actually enjoyed so much when with the casual guild i was in we were able to clear a raid, it felt earned not given. 

What is hard about it? Actually curious. 

Your talking more about Prog for that then casual raiding. Earning a boss kill is enjoyable for those that want challenge for sure. However we have harder difficulty options for us. No need for that for Storymode, especially since BW/BS has continually made the game more casual friendly ever since 4.0 by dumbing down the game.

The days of the Star Wars story players being expected to learn classes like the rest of us more progressive raiders is long gone. Because of this they never should have had the difficulty of R-4 as it currently is. For HM/NiM yes, for Storymode no. Also the days of having a week lockout to help clear storymode Ops is also long gone (this is also a really good reason why they need to nerf R-4 some. At least Lady Dom).

12 hours ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

Well spoken not all players don't have a life and play all day and are the top 5% of the best players who can clear anything within 1 hour or 2 hours, having a weekly lockout for R-4 Anomaly SM could be nice, let's hope the developers read this.