TEST SERVER: Shae Vizla server feedback thread

JackieKo

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? 

Immensely better.  This is night and day different.  Things load quicker and assets don't take an extra second or two to populate cutscenes.  Melee abilities are ridiculous feeling as if they've cast before you even press the button.  

• Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? 

Ping was way better across the board, than NA/EU servers.

• What region/country do you reside in? 

AU, Melbourne

• Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla. 

~ 25ms on Shae Vizla

~ 230 - 240ms on Satele Shan

• Is grouped content working properly? 

Did opening content with friend and that was working fine for us.

• How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted?

30 - 45s

• Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? 

Load times generally superior

• Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? No
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? No

My friends and I loved this game and played the hell out of it when it came out.  We've come back throughout the years from time to time but haven't really stuck.  Playing on an APAC server was insane. Everything seems so damn smooth and a vastly funner experience.

Would come back to this game as a longterm subscriber & transfer multiple characters if an APAC servers are on the list.

• Like 1

Hey guys! Been a while since I’ve been on the forums, like the new look. Some feedback from an old founder on the new APAC test server:

From Western Sydney, Australia 

usual ping on US server = apx 200-250ms 

ping on Shae Vizla PTS = apx 15ms 

Huge Difference! Game changing, literally. 
General click to action times is so much better, PVP and GSF would be doable now, felt disadvantaged on the US server. Would love to have a permanent APAC server like we had years ago, I’ve experienced no other issues on this server and am impressed it didn’t require a seperate download, good job Dev Team.

• Like 1

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? server lag on test server was usually around 400 and more, while on Dath Malgus I have around 30-60 But I am not in Asia Pacific region so it might be region based. 
  •  
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? Apart from the lagspikes I got it was ok. I had "red dot" many times everywhere I went, expect the arena, there it was stable 370-390 lag. Other thene that I could do all quests smoothly.
  •  
  • What region/country do you reside in? Europe
  •  
  • Is grouped content working properly? Starfighter I am not sure of as I do not play that on my own server. Flaspoint worked well, apart from some lagspikes. PvP I only managed to get in an Arena with many hours in queue, but there I had no lagspikes and worked smoothly
  •  
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? I felt no difereence in the time getting in
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? Quick travels worked fne to fleet, stronghold, weekly, and to heroic. Loading Coruscant felt a bit slow with legacy travel, but not so much that I would not have that from time to time on my own server.
  •  
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? Characters with special character in names like Ködgomoly copied like K?dgomoly, or Vihartánc -Vihart?nc.   I set interface to a preset one, then it was fine while I was swiching characters, they kept it. But once I reloaded game interface swiched back to the base for them and I had to set again, but only for theese characters, nor for the ones who had no special characters in name and were copied, nor for the one I made on the server. For those setting preset inferface worked just fine and they kept it even after restarting game. ( The one I made on test serever stayed level 1, the other who had only english characters were level 80, while the  two with "?" in names were 29 and 45, fraction wise both had rep and imp chars as well, the ony difference I spot that the "wellnamed" worked fine)
  •  
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? I did not notice any

On EU servers ping is usually  between 20 and 25, on US servers between 50 and 55. On test server it's 350 if I'm lucky but anything up to 600.

The UK

On EU servers ping is usually  between 20 and 25, on US servers between 50 and 55. On test server it's 350 if I'm lucky but anything up to 600.

I have not tried any content other than a starter planet as the ping rate is making it unplayable. 

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? performance is the same as regular servers
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? nothing noticable
  • What region/country do you reside in?US
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla. no difference
  • Is grouped content working properly? yups
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? when people are queing, no difference
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? nope
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? nope
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? when using some of the companions that are part of my collections, during combat a second status icon will appear for some of the companions i am using... meaning, i am currently a bounty hunter, and for my companions (in this case Darth Hexid) next to the status of Hunters Boon, a second status will appear, but it's almost like it;s not complete(?) meaning it will not tell me what it is, but all it shows is how much time it will take to disappear. it's completly random on what statuses my main character will have active, so it is difficult on what it the maching status on what my main character will have and what will be on the companions. so far it happens every time when using darth hexid. screenshot is available, but do not have a url to upload it to show it

Edited by Pale_Star

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? performance is the same as regular servers

Performance seemed on par with existing servers

I haven't played for awhile, so I am not sure if I am remembering correctly, but I don't remember the environment where you choose your new combat style lagging as bad as it does now. That is the only place I notice any kind of slow down.

Taiwan

An at rest ping around 140, which can spike up to the 280 range when I'm running around playing on Shae. My ping on the US servers is usually around 220 and spikes up to 380 or more as I play. This is certainly better than the old APac server, but since it is still 4500 miles away, it's not a huge improvement for me.

I don't group, I played several flashpoints in story mode without any problems.

• How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? when people are queuing,

Didn't try queuing anything

Not that I have experienced so far.

• Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality?

No issues with the UI that I have noticed.

• Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics?

Everything works fine so far.

As many have said already, even though the performance boost for me was somewhat minor, I would relish having a new permanent APac server. I think though, it would make more sense to locate it more centrally to the entire region like in Singapore.

Outstanding. Much better than the US servers I've tried. 

I ran through the Consular start, but didn't hit many planets other than Tython.

Wellington, New Zealand.

Ping running between 15ms to 35ms on Shae Visla...ordinarily my ping on the NA servers runs between 75ms to 125ms.

Only ran one group, seemed fine.

Very quick! I didn't actually measure the delay, and due to timezone differences I'm usually online late at night US-time.

No issues. Travel seems almost "instant" compared to the NA servers.

• Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality?

No issues. Everything worked as it should.

None.

• Like 1

I started out leveling a Sage.  At level 15 I  started queue for GSF PVP and FP i was not able to to get any matches.  The exploration quest did not show.

I did copy a LVL 80 Marauder got instant pops on GSF, PVP and FPs.  Log in times were good no lag and smooth running.

as some1 who played in closed alpha an beta then full release till 2018.  this PTS reminds me of the games original release and glory. when APAC players had the same experience as everyone else.  i have enjoyed this so much i am actually considering resubbing full time and coming back the way i did till 2018 when i left.

if swtor does keep these changes, it will gain myself and our clan raid team back as full time subs.  best content addition since the DP & DF raids

• Like 1

• Great, loading was faster, actions seemed faster, leveled a character from 1 to 21 on Korriban without issue
    • travelled to a few planets, but did not notice any performance "worse" than playing on the US servers
    • Australia / West
    • Star Forge is generally around 260-300ms
    • Shae Vizla was solid around 50ms.
      • This is expected from my location to the eastern states AWS datacenters
    • yes, queued for Flashpoint, GSF & Arena on Imp and Pub
    • walked in as a group for a Flashpoint on Pub
    • after the queue popped, and I accepted the travel the game loaded faster than the US servers, but not a significant measure (did not take many seconds before, did not take many seconds on SV)
    • no, Joined a guild on imp side, travel from planet to guildship, Planet to Fleet with Fleet Pass all worked, perhaps a fraction faster.
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality?
    • not that i noticed, though it does appear to be nicer looking, I am sure that is an artifact of the 64 bit changes though.
    • apologies, most of the cinematics were skipped
    • when doing the black talon FP, the cinematics when skipping progressed faster with little delay
  • Like 1

I played a new toon for the first few days.  It was my first foray into the Sith side of the story.  I had only recently restarted playing. With all that disclaimer over, I will use the questions asked to recall my impressions of my play on the test server:

All my other toons are in Star Forge, right now my ping is 35ms.  The ping while i was playing the game was at around 220ms.  I am in the Tampa Bay area of Florida.  220ms did not noticeably effect my play experience.  But i didn't have much pvp experience with swtor before the test server.  Playing wow years back, i would think it would have some effect.  But for these kinds of games, i am still comfortable playing with 220ms, because I played wow for some time on US servers from Bangladesh with around 2.5 to sometimes 4 seconds lag.  That was painful to play when raiding with my guild.

I am in the Tampa Bay area of Florida.

Star forge 35ms; Shae Vizla 220ms

More or less. 

Flashpoint queue was long.  Flashpoint solo was very quick when i tried it first.  But somehow i got out of the solo mission and i tried to get back in again by walking into the zone after selecting solo story, and that is when i experienced a bit of wierdness.  Nothing happened for a while ... for like a minute or so, before i suddenly got pulled in.

Not to my experience.

No.

No.

• Latency is fairly high in new server, but still it runs nicely and is very much playable. Joining to arena, flashpoint and GSF went nicely without any issue.
    • Europe
    • Shae Vizla has much higher for me than Darth Malgus, that might be just because my location
      • Darth Malgus: 60-80
      • Shae Vizla: 300-400
      • Even with this amount of ping, I got into those content swiftly after accepting
    • No problems with that
    • Didnt see any with those I used
    • No problems

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? I play on Star Forge, and I only ever get 2 bars of connection which sits between 200 and 300ms. On Shae Vizla I get 4 bars and sit on a beautiful 60ms which sometimes spikes to 80-90 because of my horrible internet that I hotspot off my phone XD. The game runs and looks so much smoother than the US servers. No lag or delays in abilities or combat. I noticed graphics seems a lot better. Also, a lot more of the random npc dialogs would actually start up when running past. They don't trigger much on US.
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? Not that I noticed. Although I only played on the first 2 planets and the fleet for both factions as I didn't import any high-level characters.
  • What region/country do you reside in? Australia QLD
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla. Yeah, as I stated in the first question. On US Star Forge I only get 2 connection bars and sit between 200-300. On Asia Pacific Shae Vizla 4 bars and 60ms most of the time or between 60-90. We need an Oceanic server permanently please.
  • Is grouped content working properly? As far as I could tell yes.
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? PvP and starfighter matches straight away. I started a bit late, and no one seems to be queuing flashpoints. But yeah, PvP matches load up straight away.
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? No everything has worked fine for me
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? Not that I could tell, All good.
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? No issues with sound and visuals. All good.

I've been playing on and off since 2011 and having to shift to US servers sucked. It would be really awesome to get at least 1 Oceanic server back for the Aussy and NZ and Southern Asia players. Gameplay has been absolutely awesome on Shae Vizla thanks to the amazing connection.

• Like 1

Compared to an existing server, how is the performance?

The ping is very good for a server such as this. Even more so comparing to the more popular servers, the Ping is very amazing. There have been 0 glitches thus far. Pvp, story, flashpoints are really amazing and there is no lagging noticed at all.

What region/country do you reside in?

Australia

Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla.

Compared to Star Forge the current ping is: 

Star Forge: 80 roughly

Shae Vizla: 400

No lagging has been noticed between traveling in game, 0 lagging in pvp as well which has made it an incredible experience.

Is grouped content working properly? How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted?

Its pretty much an instant thing that pops up the moment I queue up for flashpoints. Whether Veteran or not.

Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered?

No, which was one of my main concerns when starting on this server. It appears to be an issues on most other servers but Shae Vizla. 

Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality?

None have been noticed 

Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics?

None at all

Over all, Shae Vizla has been an amazing experience which my Boyfriend and I have been enjoying. We have leveled up characters to see the experience first hand as well as the changes too which I can say has indeed truly been amazing. 
I hope Dev team allows this server to remain for the future to come as it holds a lot of potential with the way swtor has been progressing in regards to the 64-bit. I continue to look forward to what more Swtor has in store for us players.

• Like 1

Firstly i just want to thank you for using APAC as the initial test run for this - after being with SWTOR from beta to 2020 as a sub and then having the sub lapse after close to 10 years in part due to terrible ping and lag input, this test server has got me to resub even for now. I implore you to open this server on APAC again, even if the population may be low - this will make the game actually playable again for many players in the region, especially after the closure of the West Coast servers which was the nail in the coffin for our region. 

• Good - Amazing really. I feel that i can actually use movement based abilties such as the combat roll on Agent and it actually working responsively rather than wait 2-3 seconds on East Coast servers to see where i actually landed.  
    • Performance has only improved or similar to before. 
  • Melbourne, Australia
  • Shae Vizla was approximately 25ms, Satele Shan can be between 280-350ms.
  • As normal, similar to other servers
    • Generally once it started to load, it took approximately 3-5 seconds.
  • None that i noted travelling between Hutta/Fleet/Stronghold/Grouped Content
  • Same as live. 
  • No noted loss of visuals or audio with cinematics noted
  • Like 2

• Play on Satele Shan normally. Much better response times, generally quicker loading, both logging in and for scenes. Some minor stuttering every now and then, but no running on the treadmill, and  didn't affect game-play. Graphics look great.
    • Have only played on a few planets. No issues noted with game-play.
    • Tasmania, Australia
    • Satele Shan: 200+, Shae Vizla: 40 - 50
    • Not played any group content
    • No issues with solo flashpoints. Not played in any matches
    • Travel time loading is faster, seems more consistent
    • No issues. Was able to set up my default UI with no problem. Not noted any asset issues
    • No issues noted

I was very happy playing on this server. Everything just ran smoother, load times were quicker, no major stuttering. Experiencing a ping in the 40's was fantastic, although I had to adjust my button mashing timing, removing the need to anticipate the next action by so much.

Good job.

• Like 1

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? I am not in the APAC region but on the test server lag was around  226-894 while on Star Forge it runs 23-ish.  
  •  
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? I did not encounter any
  •  
  • What region/country do you reside in? east coast USA
  •  
  • Is grouped content working properly? Starfighter was a bit laggy. Huttball was fine.  
  •  
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? Due to lower population there was more of a wait on the test server until a match popped when I was on.  
  •  
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? A bit slow using fleet pass.  I didn't encounter any other location hindrance
  •  
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality?  I had set the interface to a preset one, then it was fine while I was switching between characters. Once I relogged in, the game interface switched back to the default and I had to set again.  
  •  
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? I did not encounter any

In terms of FPS I noticed no perceivable difference. Loading times where a bit longer though. 

Not that I came across.

Europe (Stockholm, Sweden)

Darth Malgus ~40ms
    Shae Vizla 300-500ms

There was a bit of noticable lag when playing GSF with ships moving erratically and choppy. 

No perceived difference from live servers.

Not that I came across.

Not that I came across.

In a few cinematics some NPCs did not load causing invisible assets to speak or camera showing just an empty space with no one in it. Pressing Esc and starting the cinematic again usually fixed the missing NPCs/assets to load.

Feedback: German Player, fairly old computer system (Phenom II-X4 965bk/Radeon R9 290x/12 GB RAM/WIFI 6 250mB/Graphics mostly on  high)

> Objectives done:  played Jedi and Smuggler from scratch to ship (Prologue),  had a Hutball Match, had done Esseles FP two times solo, Hammer Station via groupfinder, was in a GSF Match , decorated the Stronghold a bit, did a Spaceship mission.

• I had the impression that my Character is reacting a bit slower, than on the other servers (see ping query)
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened:
    • no
    • Europe/Germany
    • On APAC I had an average Ping of 230-320 ms, best was 45ms, worst was 10K ms, normally my average Ping on Tulak Hord is 20-32 ms
    • As far as i had the chance for grouped content it was all fluently, even Arena/HJuttball Matches
    • no difference to the normal servers
    • Didn't found any issues, same loading times as on the other servers
    • When mounted I couldn't start the overlay map, it was empty, then had to unmount and restart the map, after that map works fine
    • no, cinematics (for me in german) work fine but  Lt Xorem on Ord Mantell is still invisible and i can't get the quest from him.
  • Sidenote: I weather couldn't activate the Legacy benefits, nor get more Inventory Slots, but thats might be due to the nature of the test server. 

Ping is pretty decent for eastern US (around 200). 

The issue my friends and I have been having is that it seems like queues are no longer popping.

Was in fleet last night and this morning on the imp side and from what it looks like, there is a LOT of people queuing, but no one is getting queue pops anymore.  This also appears to be the case in "prime time".

I was also not able to copy one of my 80s over.  I'm hearing this is bugged as well. 

Can we get some attention on this ?  We're running out of time and it would be a shame to miss out on this due to broken queues.

Thank you !

Edited by Wraithwarr

• Ping was much higher for me than on my current server of Star Forge and graphics were a little choppy.
    • GSF was super laggy and choppy.  The next big problem would be load screen wait times due to the higher ping.
    • I'm on the East Coast of US, in Delaware.
    • I am currently on Star Forge and my current ping is generally around 13 ms, 33 ms when I play GSF.  On the Test Server ping ranged from 210 to 400 ms, 500+ ms playing GSF
    • PVP and GSF were the only group content I played.  GSF sucked due lag and the choppy graphics
    • GSF and PVP seemed to take longer than normal for matches to start.  I played one story mode flashpoint and it went well other than the lag.
    • Longer screen loading times due to lag.
    • None that I noticed.  There were a couple of abilities that had to be reapplied to my hotbars after the character tranfer.
    • I run high end graphics and don't normally have any issues on the Star Forge server, but on Shae Vizla graphics were choppy at times.

On 4/12/2023 at 10:57 PM, JaggerM said:

Ping was way better across the board, than NA/EU servers.

AU, Melbourne

~ 25ms on Shae Vizla

~ 230 - 240ms on Satele Shan

This is mainly a server location improvement rather than anything AWS/Cloud related. I am from NA, and this is how it is for me

~ 45ms on Satele Shan

~ 240ms on Shae Vizla

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? I found that the performance was better than the normal servers.  I had way fewer lag spikes and other issues with leveling.
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? I did not find any area where the performance was lessened.
  • What region/country do you reside in? East Coast area of the U.S.
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla. sorry did not get this.
  • Is grouped content working properly? For GSF and Flashpoints, they worked great. Edit: just got a PVP match done.  Worked so much better than Normal servers.  I normally get massive lag spikes when doing group content, I did not get any of those in the match I just played.
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? For flashpoints and GSF, it was fast. For a PVP match, it loaded very quickly.
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? I didn't find any issues here.
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? I didn't find any specific other than the hints button kept popping up even though I turned it off.
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? I did not see anything bad here, though it was a better playback than the regular servers.

I

Edited by Xersiss
Just updating some statements