TEST SERVER: Shae Vizla server feedback thread

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

The Shae Vizla test server is now open! Please read here for all the details on how you can help test the new server. 

We want to see if there is anything that would keep a player from experiencing their regular routine and normal play. Examples of what we would like players to keep in mind:

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance?
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened?
  • What region/country do you reside in?
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla.
  • Is grouped content working properly?
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted?
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered?
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality?
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics?

Please report anything that differs from your experience in the live servers as well! 

Special notes: 

• Shae Vizla server will be available from April 3rd and will close on April 18th. 
  • It is imperative to note that Shae Vizla is still a test server. The Cartel Market will not be accessible and once the test is complete, the server will be wiped.
  • If you create a new character on this server, this will take up one slot in your character list
    • As with PTS, do NOT use any character boost tokens as it will be deducted from your account. Please use the following character copy method instead. 
  • You can also copy a character over to the test server the same way you would with PTS:
    • Click on your account name in the top right hand corner of the site.
    • Click “My Account.”
    • In the left column, scroll down and click the link entitled “PTS Character Copy.”
    • Select the server and then the character that you wish to copy from.
    • Select Destination Server
    • Click the “Copy Character” button.
    • The site will display the current status of your character copy at the top of the page. Additionally, you can click the “View your character transfer history” link to see if the copy has completed.

We will also be granting an Opal Vultpilla Mount on the next patch release for players who complete the following: 

• Complete an Arena or Warzone PvP match
  • Complete a GSF match
  • Complete a Flashpoint

We also have a space for F2P/Preferred accounts to leave feedback on the AHQ forums as well. 

Thanks, everyone! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

Does this necessitate a re-download of the client?

I logged into the launcher and it started re-downloading 35 gigs.

When the download finished and I tried to log in, it gave me a C5 error and closed.

When I re-opened the launcher, it started downloading again.

Edited by BladedDingo

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? - Ping affects the performance, so can't really tell.
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? - No noticeable difference, but higher ping makes it harder to feel differences.
  • What region/country do you reside in? - Europe.
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla. - Averaging 80-100ms on live DM, to unknown number on SV(UI doesn't show number, but im fluctuating between 2 and 1 bar, compared to consistent 4 on DM)
  • Is grouped content working properly? - Yes, managed to queue and complete all grouped content.
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? - No noticeable difference.
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? - No issues with travel.
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? - As mentioned before, couldn't see ping numbers. All other tooltips worked correctly.
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? - Did not notice any sound discrepancies.
  • Thanks 1

Copied my main to the test server per the instructions. Cannot access the server. Have PTS Access enabled. took part in last test. When I log in the new server is not on the list of available test servers. Only shows PUBLIC TEST server from NORTH AMERICA, from last test for 7.2.1. First time the game crashed after the server selection screen when I tried to quit (had to CRTL +ALT+DEL), second time it let me quit.

Hoping to try it out... 

EDIT: Just tried a third time. Still no SHAE VIZLA server and the game crashed again when I tried to quit out of it.

EDIT 2: Eureka! Guessed I might be making an error, so I switched back to the normal client from the PTS client and went to the SERVER SELECTION screen and there it was! Hope this is helpful to anyone else who expected it to be in the same place as the North Amer PTS. D'oh!

Edited by sirlou

I copied my character from SS to PTS and queued for PvP nothing strange thus far untill in the PvP match warzone i couldt even play just screen turning white whole time and "swtor not responding" message hahaha  when i got killed and being dead for so long i got kicked and returning to fleet with loading screen that took so long i re started the game.  This was from Netherlands tho so don't know if that has anything to do with it :)

Logged in on Test server.

• Shorter login time than on Star forge, where I normally play.
  • Slightly smoother handling in Starfighter, but may be ping-related
  • General improvement on response when moving character even with higher graphics settings

I log in from the Czech Republic

• Like 1

SO I just got off of the server and did one PVP, one Vet fp, and one GSF match.  Keep in mind I am playing in America.  For the most party everything felt fine.  Nothing changed all that much.  I did notice some lag with activating the abilities though I am sure that is from the fact that I am playing from America on this server.  My ping on there was around 200 while on my normal server it was around 80 maybe less sometimes.  It was really noticeable in GSF but it wasn't anything I couldn't get used to, was still playable.   I only ran into one issue and that was that part of the fleet disappeared at one point, though I don't know if that was because of the server.  I do have a video of this happening. https://youtu.be/MTf5EzRHN-Y

other than that, everything felt like it usually does.

• Dev Post
57 minutes ago, BladedDingo said:

Does this necessitate a re-download of the client?

I logged into the launcher and it started re-downloading 35 gigs.

When the download finished and I tried to log in, it gave me a C5 error and closed.

When I re-opened the launcher, it started downloading again.

No, it is not a re-download. It will be on the list of live servers when you log into the game. But it will be notated with TEST SERVER next to it. All the details are linked above in the OP. From the article: 

What will be the player experience during the testing period?

While this is a test server, this will be conducted a little differently than how we run the PTS. All players regardless of account type will be able to log on. And unlike the PTS, there will not be a separate download.

In the list of live servers, Shae Vizla will be notated as [Test Server]. Simply click to log in as you would any live server.

Players will be able to start new characters or copy a previously existing character over to the Shae Vizla test server once it opens.

We will be opening the server on April 3rd at 12pm CT (April 4th at 4am AEST) and will be closing it on April 18th at 10am CT (April 19th at 2am AEST).

What you're describing sounds similar to what is being discussed in this thread. If you are still unable to access the game, let us know. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? Same or similar for all phases.
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? Ping was consistently higher than prod.
  • What region/country do you reside in? CA, USA
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla. < 75 normally in prod. Between 140-180 on Shae.
  • Is grouped content working properly? Yes, FP, GSF & Arena all worked well. No problems.
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? < 30 seconds
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? Loading time similar or same for 5-8 planets I visited.
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? Not that I have found.
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? No. 

Current PTS progress as of 11:55 PDT April 3rd, 2023

-Logged in on copy of character Karaston

-completed one flashpoint (Black Talon Veteran)

-PvP arena completed at 12:04:20

GSF TDM started at 12:08:58, finished at 12:23:27

Ping range: 150-210 ms

• Currently, 'feels' standard though server load is minimal and fleet is not as full as live
    • TBD, so far, no to pvp, GSF, Nar Shaddaa (stronghold and Promanade instances) or flashpoint instances
    • United States
    • Ping range: 150-210 ms on Shae Viszla (PTS)
    • Ping range: 170-185 ms on Tulak Hord
    • Ping range: 180-205ms on Darth Malgus
    • Ping range: 86-120ms on Satele Shan
    • Ping range: 86-95ms on Star Forge (during short testing, ping varies with outlier periods during normal play)
    • Thus far, everything is looking normal.
    • No delay compared to live noted.
    • Travel to fleet worked fine. my stronghold list was empty. I bought Narr Shaddaa and was able to travel to the stronghold, and my unlocked rooms seemed to be remembered. Afterwards, exiting to the planet instance behaved as normal.
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality?
    • I was able to load my hotbar presets and set timestamps on chat, I did not notice other issues, but have not tested everything.
    • Not that I noticed, but Black Talon cutscenes were spacebarred, as is tradition.
Edited by Twelfthdoctor
Updating testing experience

2 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hello everyone!

The Shae Vizla test server is now open! Please read here for all the details on how you can help test the new server. 

We want to see if there is anything that would keep a player from experiencing their regular routine and normal play. Examples of what we would like players to keep in mind:

The performance is definitely the same hardware wise but ping wise I'm getting a worse experience, normally playing from Brazil in the Star Forge server gives me around 200 MS where as in Shae Vizla it currently gives me about 400. Getting into a Flashpoint was just as in the live servers, getting out though? Well I just got hit with the black talon infinite loading screen but so pretty much like live as well. Didn't noticed any issues with sound or cinematic either, cutscenes played normally though the group I did it with skipped most of it. UI also works fine on my end, nothing was missing and I didn't had rearrange anything. Couldn't find any traveling issues either I hopped around between Korriban, my ship and the Imperial Fleet before doing a Flashpoint.

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? Much worse. There's a 2 to 3 second delay on each ability. It's pretty unplayable
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? There's lag spikes on fleet while just standing still
  • What region/country do you reside in? Europe, UK
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla.  20-35 on Darth Malgus. Between 300-500 on Shae Vizla. 
  • Is grouped content working properly? Yes. I did a flashpoint, GSF & Warzone and the ability delay was bad in all.
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? Same as normal server
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? Went to a few planets and fleet multiple time. The load time seemed a little quicker due to less people on the server
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? No

Copied my current imp side main over pretty quickly this afternoon & was surprised to see none of her outfits or strongholds made the trip w/ her.  Not sure if that's to be expected or not & ultimately not a big deal, just wasn't mentioned on the transfer page.

So far seems about the same as Star Forge as far as load/connect times & performance goes but will provide additional feedback as I have it!

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance?   So far seems about the same as Star Forge in responsiveness & load times
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened?  Haven't any noticed yet
  • What region/country do you reside in?  Midwest USA
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla.  Can't seem to find the right spot to hover on the mini-map to display latency number after multiple UI resets
  • Is grouped content working properly? Haven't tried yet
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted?  Haven't tried yet
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered?  None so far, but didn't move enough cash over to the toon I copied to reactivate more than a single SH (Rishi) & none of my legacy credits or vault contents are available
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality?  Haven't noticed any yet
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics?  None so far
Edited by SidNitzerglobin
Adding answers to the standard questions:

Played in 4 man guild 4 playersgroup.

Testet Content was pvp huttball, gsf and master fp athiss.

All like normal play, but the latency from germany was horrible.

Always around 300ms which was catastrophic in pvp and gsf, pve as well, but not that bad.

One of us had a big lag for some seconds.

pvp and gsf was igame after less than a minute.

Legacy didnt worked, but i though this is a piece of the pts.

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? - Ping is a problem. It definitely affects performance. 
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? - No serious difference on my end. Ping is still a noticeable issue. 
  • What region/country do you reside in? - Eastern United States. Nashville, TN. 
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla. - Averaging 200 to 280 ms. Much higher than what I would get on star forge (29 to 33 ms).
  • Is grouped content working properly? - Yes, works fine on my end. 
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? - About the same as on star forge. No big difference.
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? - No issues with travel. Seems to be in order on my end. 
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? - Not that I noticed. But don't take my word for it. Someone else might have it worse.
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? - Not really. I suppose it only matters depending on the player's settings.

• Dev Post
52 minutes ago, Lynnth said:

Everything was fine until I tried to go to Ossus. Got a black screen with just the mouse cursor. Eventually the game goes to not responding.

Hi there, 

Can you please provide repro steps for us so we can recreate this scenario? Additionally, can you confirm what happens when you try to go back? Do you run into the same issue again? 

Thanks! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi,

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? - It was good.
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? - Not with what I did so far.  All areas visited have been good.
  • What region/country do you reside in? - East coast US
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla.  Star Forge 51ms / Shae 238 ms
  • Is grouped content working properly? - 07 Apr group content looked good
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? - It was quick.  Have tried 4x, good all times.
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? - Not to Tattoine, Odessen, Fleet, Cantina, multiple FPs, SFG, PvP all good to date
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? - On Rep fleet, all trainers appear with a + sign.  They all allowed me to train, Trooper trainer when clicked on showed as Scoundrel.  Heroic Moment didnt work when clicked, the bar didnt appear.  New item - when doing crafting missions, Level 11 missions appear on screen as Level 1.  I suspect this is something to do with the character only being lvl 70, still is displays wrong.
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? - In doing the Esselles FP it was actually very smooth.  At the end, the final fight with the Sith, there was one point where the graphics were off.  But only temporarily.
Edited by ivanhoe_escorial
Update / Add more information

My experience of this testing server may be bias due to not living in APAC region.

• The login was fast and smooth actually despite being in a different region. Nothing changed too much except that the hologram blacken glitch was fixed for me.
  • Galactic Starfighter match was kill round. We didn't finish the kill in time and the timer ran out. Loading screen was fast but combat was a bit of a lag
  • Warzone match was Hypergate. Loading screen was fast as before but the game felt somewhat smooth despite the ping saying 190ms
  • Flashpoint was Hammer Station. Loading screen again was fast (the biggest improvement). The boss fights were hard to determine due to the broken 339 gear teammate that ended the flashpoint fast. The entire flashpoint was a fast run but overall I think it was an improvement.
Edited by Eneriango

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? Same or similar for all phases.
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? Ping was consistently way better, than NA/EU servers.
  • What region/country do you reside in? AU, Melbourne
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla. I have 20 MS on APAC Test Server, and on SS/SF its between 250-270MS (with exit lag its 210 MS).
  • Is grouped content working properly? I have tested only PvP so far, and it was fine. Gameplay was much smoother and easier.
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? < 30 seconds
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? Loading times somewhat similar, but logging in was definitely quicker, and when you take elevators it was also quick
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? Not that I have found.

I would like to point out that implementing an APAC region server is a fantastic idea, so thank you! I am excited not to play on 250+ MS anymore. I will provide further feedback later tonight when I test it further with APAC players.

So far my ping from East Coast US to the server is about 200.  Similar to what I got to Malgus when I had DSL. I normally play Star Forge which is a bit better.
I've recreated a character manually on the server so she could play Tython and that went fine. Mail worked. Collecting an outfit out of collections worked.  Taxi worked. Quick travel I had no money to test (really guys? on the STARTER planets?)  The only bug I found was an invisible flesh raider I couldn't target en route to Kaleth. It kept hitting me.  
Also I don't know if its MEANT to be missing but the 'Training in the Force' thing isn't showing. She's only got the one combat style.

Edited by RebelJedaii