Credit Economy Initiative beginning with 7.2.1

JackieKo

On 2/9/2023 at 4:21 PM, sandstroller said:

This is so ridiculous.  I paid MILLIONS for every single SH I have and now you want to charge me to go there?  These proposed changes won't do a thing to reduce how many credits people have but it will annoy all of us til we quit.  DO SOMETHING REAL vs annoy people. 

Stongholds are a prime example on how to reduce credits in circulation...they cost a ton to buy and open.  RELEASE MORE OF THEM!  They costs to decorate both in CCs and GTN purchases to decorate.  The decos have always cost millions and millions to decorate.  Put back in the need to have fully decorated SHs for CQ bonus......far more effective than charging players to actually travel to them.

Put things in vendors for people to BUY WITH CREDITS.  You have invented 8 zillion currencies to the point we have a full tab of currencies and complain we have amassed credits.  It's such a joke.  STOP MAKING NEW CURRENCIES and allow us to actually spend credits for things we need.  

Start selling things for credits vs just annoying everyone with "fees"  People want to buy things. 

All of this. This makes much more sense. Give us things to spend our money on. Decorations. Mounts. Retired armor sets. Reputation vendors. Get rid of the other excessive currencies!

• Like 1

Echoing what others of said, even with the changes from the second post, this will make poor people and new players even poorer. Adding cost to travel from area to area on the same planet is terrible, it makes the game worse for new players,  I disagree with you saying Getting rid of charging for ability was a bad idea, making people buy abilities is terrible. The problem is you hardly have anything just available with credits, less for items that are good.

Better solutions are

Increase GTN tax for when you sell items over 500 million

Add the same tax to trade

While I understand you said amp system from 6.0 can't just be put back in, put it's possible since in 6.0 even vanilla gear had amp buffs on them, So I think doing a lot of work and putting amps back would help a lot

Add gambling minigames or bet on matches. Like betting on a GSF, or a pvp match. 

Add pazak

Add legends star wars comics armor, weapons, speeder into the game and sell them for credits

Have the ability to go back to past season passes with credits

Be able to buy Galactic seasons items from collection  with credits

Make all dyes available for credits

Sell the endgame gear just for credits, since current endgame is bad imo

Get rid of all reputation currencies and sell the items for just credits

Remove cartel certificates and sell the items for credits

I don't not think you should charge players to go to area to area on the same planet. However some may disagree with this, but I do think, you should remove the ability to travel from planet to planet in seconds (remove heroic transport, galaxy map access from the planet) and make players go to ship. That would certainly slow the amount of credits coming in imo.

Have Nightlife a permanent feature and add items at least every 6 months.

Ad CM items to vendors

Edited by commanderwar
  • Like 1

So, one of my last posts was wondering just how many credits are generated by new players.

I spent the last 12 day...SLOWLY...taking a new toon through the early planets doing as many side stories and planet stories that I could find, and NOT doing too many heroic missions (I think I've done 4 total).

I wanted to do a planet by planet break down of credits generated by the system.  Totals, not broken down into categories.

However, I wound up just recording 4 different stats.

Total Time played / approx place in planet story / current level / current credit total.

I spent NONE of the credits.

Any unlocks I recorded my credit amount, put that in the legacy bank, took what I needed to do unlocks I wanted, deposited the leftover, then took the original amount back out.

I crafted armor / weapons / gear from alts since I wasn't going to be getting any from H2 mission boxes.

I didn't even pay for speeder skills, since I unlocked those early via the legacy menu.

At level 50, Here's my results so far:

1. 2 hours 45 minutes
  2. Left Hutta - doing all side quests
  3. Level 19.5
  4. 67k
  6. 4 hours 10 minutes
  7. On DK
  8. Level 22.5
  9. 88.9k
  11. Finished DK - doing all side quests
  12. 6 hours
  13. 129k
  15. 7 hours
  16. Level 30
  17. 165k
  18. On Balmorra
  21. Still on Balmorra
  22. 8.5 hours
  23. Level 33
  24. 241k
  26. Balmorra Bonus missions in progress
  27. 10.5 hours
  28. Level 37
  29. 341k - conquest completion = 25k chip
  31. Finished Balmorra planet bonus missions
  32. Level 39.7
  33. 384k credits
  34. 11.5 hours
  36. Starting Tatooine
  37. Level 47.7
  38. 17.5 hours
  39. 663k
  41. Still on Tatooine
  42. Level 50.5
  43. 20 hours
  44. 856k

I'm still going to keep going, I'm curious where I'll be at level 80, both as far as the story goes and with Credits.

• Like 1

Crafting your armor on other characters puts you ahead of where a true new person would have been, so your numbers are already flawed. You also know where to find missions already and the tricks to doing them efficiently, despite your claim of 'slowly' taking a new toon through the planets. In fact, new players may not even see all of those side missions if they don't know about the toggle for their indicators.

You say you spent no credits, but you talk about them anyway. I'm confused by this - when you say you took the original amount back out, that means you did not account for buying the unlock in the total. And of course you already have a huge advantage in having the unlocks the legacy already possesses. One of the biggest QoL issues for new players is not having access to things like expanded inventory - means having to slog back and forth a lot more often (which would add time to your totals). Did you hop back and forth to your Stronghold, too? Again, no newbie has one of those - and won't for some time even if we give the benefit of the doubt to your running total.

1 hour ago, Lyriel said:

Crafting your armor on other characters puts you ahead of where a true new person would have been, so your numbers are already flawed. You also know where to find missions already and the tricks to doing them efficiently, despite your claim of 'slowly' taking a new toon through the planets. In fact, new players may not even see all of those side missions if they don't know about the toggle for their indicators.

You say you spent no credits, but you talk about them anyway. I'm confused by this - when you say you took the original amount back out, that means you did not account for buying the unlock in the total. And of course you already have a huge advantage in having the unlocks the legacy already possesses. One of the biggest QoL issues for new players is not having access to things like expanded inventory - means having to slog back and forth a lot more often (which would add time to your totals). Did you hop back and forth to your Stronghold, too? Again, no newbie has one of those - and won't for some time even if we give the benefit of the doubt to your running total.

He’s not trying to replicate a new player as such.
He’s trying to find out if there are excess credits being created through normal game play. 
So far, I can’t see any excess credits being generated. 

3 hours ago, Lyriel said:

This isn't about QOL issues.  The devs stated they think there are too many credits being GENERATED by the game.  Mission payouts, corpse raiding, selling to Vendors...that type of thing.    They're raising credit sinks to things that new players, low level players, will be hurt by the most and have absolutely ZERO effect on long time super rich players.

"Taxing" the use of Quick Travel doesn't do anything meaningful.   If someone has billions of credits, causing prices on the GTN to go up to the point that most people don't use it for mid to high grade items, the problem isn't going to be fixed by those convenience travel taxes...it's going to be fixed by limiting / taxing player to player credit transfers.

Toons on the same legacy won't be affected for two reasons.  Can't log two at the same time to trade among themselves, and hopefully the devs stay away from "taxing" withdrawls from the the Legacy Bank.

But, as TrixxieTriss mentions below, MY "test" (curiosity) is about how many credits are GENERATED by the system as a new player goes through the story.

Also, as you have rightfully mentioned, the credits generated by the system aren't NEARLY enough to operate if I had to pay for everything I was using as I leveled. 

However, harkening back to when the game first launched, you couldn't go through and unlock everything your first time through either.  By the time you got your 5th or 6th toon to level 50, the cap back then, THEN...maybe...you had most of your legacy perks unlocked.

1 hour ago, TrixxieTriss said:

He’s not trying to replicate a new player as such.
He’s trying to find out if there are excess credits being created through normal game play. 
So far, I can’t see any excess credits being generated. 

I don't see it either.  However, we all know that the higher level you get the more credits you earn, so I'm going to keep going.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Darev said:

This isn't about QOL issues.  The devs stated they think there are too many credits being GENERATED by the game.  Mission payouts, corpse raiding, selling to Vendors...that type of thing.    They're raising credit sinks to things that new players, low level players, will be hurt by the most and have absolutely ZERO effect on long time super rich players.

"Taxing" the use of Quick Travel doesn't do anything meaningful.   If someone has billions of credits, causing prices on the GTN to go up to the point that most people don't use it for mid to high grade items, the problem isn't going to be fixed by those convenience travel taxes...it's going to be fixed by limiting / taxing player to player credit transfers.

Toons on the same legacy won't be affected for two reasons.  Can't log two at the same time to trade among themselves, and hopefully the devs stay away from "taxing" withdrawls from the the Legacy Bank.

But, as TrixxieTriss mentions below, MY "test" (curiosity) is about how many credits are GENERATED by the system as a new player goes through the story.

Also, as you have rightfully mentioned, the credits generated by the system aren't NEARLY enough to operate if I had to pay for everything I was using as I leveled. 

However, harkening back to when the game first launched, you couldn't go through and unlock everything your first time through either.  By the time you got your 5th or 6th toon to level 50, the cap back then, THEN...maybe...you had most of your legacy perks unlocked.

I don't see it either.  However, we all know that the higher level you get the more credits you earn, so I'm going to keep going.

** First of all ... TYVM for taking time out of your day to do this!  Granted there's no real way to confirm the figures you are posting.   However, knowing the character behind the post ... I'd say that just playing through the game this is fairly reliable.

** Credit farmers:  They're around in just about any game you play.  Heck ... I've even started sizing up the AH on WoW to see where I can make some extra coin!  (It's not that hard in any game).  YET the simple fact is that for the MULTI-Billions that are being thrown around the simple straightforward answer is that regular in game play will NOT GENERATE that kind of capitol!  It just won't.  Playing the market (buying, selling / trading) does NOT generate credits.  The GTN is not the problem either!  It is simply a reflection of the matter at hand.

** Finally:  It is unlikely that without photographic (or digitally recorded) evidence of the precise source of what is happening nothing will be done to properly address this situation.

** Taxing the rich??  Really???  Aside from pandering to a part of the audience IMO what we are seeing is simply the reinstitution of some credit sinks.  Unfortunately, this will not work as intended.  Yes (to many players) this is a step in the right direction.  Others would prefer to nuke the entire audience and flatline everyone (nobody has anything)!  Like that's going to solve anything!!!!

** If the massive amounts of credits GENERATED is the problem (and IMO that is EXACTLY the problem) ... then find the source of the problem and fix it!!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, OlBuzzard said:

** First of all ... TYVM for taking time out of your day to do this!  Granted there's no real way to confirm the figures you are posting.   However, knowing the character behind the post ... I'd say that just playing through the game this is fairly reliable.

** Credit farmers:  They're around in just about any game you play.  Heck ... I've even started sizing up the AH on WoW to see where I can make some extra coin!  (It's not that hard in any game).  YET the simple fact is that for the MULTI-Billions that are being thrown around the simple straightforward answer is that regular in game play will NOT GENERATE that kind of capitol!  It just won't.  Playing the market (buying, selling / trading) does NOT generate credits.  The GTN is not the problem either!  It is simply a reflection of the matter at hand.

** Finally:  It is unlikely that without photographic (or digitally recorded) evidence of the precise source of what is happening nothing will be done to properly address this situation.

** Taxing the rich??  Really???  Aside from pandering to a part of the audience IMO what we are seeing is simply the reinstitution of some credit sinks.  Unfortunately, this will not work as intended.  Yes (to many players) this is a step in the right direction.  Others would prefer to nuke the entire audience and flatline everyone (nobody has anything)!  Like that's going to solve anything!!!!

** If the massive amounts of credits GENERATED is the problem (and IMO that is EXACTLY the problem) ... then find the source of the problem and fix it!!

To Clarify, The “taxing the rich” part, for me personally, was more the method of player to player sales / credit transfers.  In my mind it would be a fixed percent regardless of amount.   Also, just in my mind, it seems likely it’s the people who have BILLIONS of credits that buy/sell player to player (because of the GTN credit limit, which HOPEFULLY can be increased after they put us on the 64bit game client).   So while “taxing the rich” is the fast way to write all of that out, it does have that connotation you reference, but it wasn’t meant to be “tax ONLY the rich” - which I think is ridiculous as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darev said:

To Clarify, The “taxing the rich” part, for me personally, was more the method of player to player sales / credit transfers.  In my mind it would be a fixed percent regardless of amount.   Also, just in my mind, it seems likely it’s the people who have BILLIONS of credits that buy/sell player to player (because of the GTN credit limit, which HOPEFULLY can be increased after they put us on the 64bit game client).   So while “taxing the rich” is the fast way to write all of that out, it does have that connotation you reference, but it wasn’t meant to be “tax ONLY the rich” - which I think is ridiculous as well.

It's not really "taxing the rich" but "following the money". These trades outside the GTN are for massive values (way beyond what a reasonable increase in the GTN max price would cover) that if taxed would do more in reducing the credits in game than 10 years of QT travel costs. Even if it was something as simple as Bioware setting a transaction fee for anything that doesn't have an in game credit value (set a value for the "class" of GTN item - platinum, gold, silver, etc with hypercrate values based on the chances for those types of drops) for non-GTN player to player trades. Then make it so someone has to pay the tax in order for the transaction to be processed (give each player involved in the trade a checkbox agreeing to pay the tax and one or the other has to check that box to proceed)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darev said:

Coming from you Darev ... I never saw that any other way!

ALSO:  @DWho

If items from the CM or goods ...  no credits are being traded (so as to begin a loot for cash trade) then a flat rate of some sort could be used.  CM items (depending upon their rating) ... also get taxed based on the "grade" of said item.  That should take care of players exchanging or bartering goods (instead of credits) for services or other goods rendered!

In other words:  there is no need to suggest that it's impossible to reconcile this issue.  The only REAL question is simply whether or not the ACTUAL SOURCE of the massive amounts of credits being GENERATED has been identified.  IMO most of us have a pretty good idea that the source wasn't PRIMARILY from just playing the game.
** Bots ???  Multiple characters with max number of alts ...  with bots??  Just how much stuff can be generated from this source??  Frankly I'm not sure.  Just asking??
** Credit sellers / buyers ???  How much of this still exists?  If it has been dealt with (and it's possible that it may have been) .. how much damage was done?  How to fix it?

Yes there are several good suggestions in this thread alone that would help alleviate the stress created in game right now.  And yet it seems like there is still a huge void still out there.  Too many questions that remain unanswered.  And IMO that is one of the reasons this thread is still as active as it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OlBuzzard said:

Coming from you Darev ... I never saw that any other way!

ALSO:  @DWho

If items from the CM or goods ...  no credits are being traded (so as to begin a loot for cash trade) then a flat rate of some sort could be used.  CM items (depending upon their rating) ... also get taxed based on the "grade" of said item.  That should take care of players exchanging or bartering goods (instead of credits) for services or other goods rendered!

In other words:  there is no need to suggest that it's impossible to reconcile this issue.  The only REAL question is simply whether or not the ACTUAL SOURCE of the massive amounts of credits being GENERATED has been identified.  IMO most of us have a pretty good idea that the source wasn't PRIMARILY from just playing the game.
** Bots ???  Multiple characters with max number of alts ...  with bots??  Just how much stuff can be generated from this source??  Frankly I'm not sure.  Just asking??
** Credit sellers / buyers ???  How much of this still exists?  If it has been dealt with (and it's possible that it may have been) .. how much damage was done?  How to fix it?

Yes there are several good suggestions in this thread alone that would help alleviate the stress created in game right now.  And yet it seems like there is still a huge void still out there.  Too many questions that remain unanswered.  And IMO that is one of the reasons this thread is still as active as it is.

Doubtful they have identified all sources - even with the changes from 6.x to 7.x (such as reductions in drops and associated vendor prices), significant inflation has continued, and as many have stated, simply playing the game (not selling CM items or crafted goods to other players) doesn't generate anywhere near enough raw credits to support current prices.

Sellers are still a problem as the price of credits in RL$ has continued to fall, to where spending a dollar on credits today would get more than enough to fully unlock every stronghold and legacy perk and still have credits left over (yet wouldn't be enough to buy an augment or any remotely popular CM item.  

How they farm credits though is a good question - and one I am sure the answer would fall under something considered automation or exploitation, certainly not playing the game as designed and intended.

For a good chunk of this later conversation, I started thinking I was part of the problem. I will buy a 30-pack, open them all, learn what I need, and GTN the rest. As I read along, and started to comprehend, I am not the one generating the credits into the game, and since I undercut by 10% - 20% of the lowest listed prices, I am only taking those credits that are already in the game, and moving them from the other person (who hopefully enjoys the item, and is not a reseller) to me. I end up with enough money to spend on the existing credit sinks, like GS3 or GS4 catch-ups, Helping fund all of my alts' Character Perk obsession, or whatever the case may be.

Like others have said, if BW can focus in on where the credits are actually coming from, maybe the next phase of the inflation battle will illuminate what they plan to do about it. Hopefully, flat-rating travel costs is not going to be implemented universally, and maybe it could start off free, but ramp up the more you use it, or the higher level you (or your Legacy) get.

Edited by WHTJunior
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, WHTJunior said:

For a good chunk of this later conversation, I started thinking I was part of the problem. I will buy a 30-pack, open them all, learn what I need, and GTN the rest.

Not only are you not part of the problem, since you're supplying CM items to the taxable GTN your actions should be removing credits from the economy. One crate alone would obliterate more credits than the proposed initiatives would in years.

Edited by microstyles
  • Like 1

after playing this game for as long as i have, it never ceases to amaze me how those who make the decisions never listen to the players who actually have not only invested in the game, but play it on a regular basis.

if you want to "combat the inflation that is present in the game", instead making people spend credits on things that are actually necessary to play the game, and therefor making it harder to afford the things that they will also need to advance in the game and make it worth playing, why not give players things that they can pay for and make it more enjoyable and actually affordable to play?

as many many people have already stated

1) make the purple and even gold crafting items available to purchase from vendors. why is this a good idea? because many of those items are hard enough to get in the first place, and when you do get them, whether it crates or missions, any other way, you get them in such low quantities that they are pretty worthless to use because you have to spend rediculous amounts of time and grinding to get the numbers you need to be able to use them a single item. and the end result is that they are being sold by those who actually do have large quantities of these items at a premium prices making it hard for anybody to actually afford them. by making them available through vendors, you will not only allow more crafting to be done at affordable rates, but make it so much of what is being crafted to be sold at costs that people can actually afford to get and be actually willing to pay for. the result, getting more people to spend their credits.

2) when i purchased my stronghold, it was advertised as a place to decorate and keep items and credits that all my characters could access. which was great. and now you want to charge me for going to them? yeah, the strongholds a pretty ohh ahhh... i think you are forgetting that once my character has a ship, i can now access the my personal, legacy and guild vaults from there. the only thing that charging to go to my strongholds will accomplish is less people wasting their credits buying strong holds and decorations when they are going to get charged again just to go to them.

i will agree with others that if i go from one planet to my tatooine stronghold and then exit to tatooine, a planet transfer fee like i would be charged if using my ship would be an acceptable thing, becuase that is basically the same thing.

3) bring back some of the old "retired" crafting schematics. when the game first came out, there were alot of schematics for gear, weapons, dyes, crystals, etc, that everybody loved and wanted. but unfortunately, because they are now "retired", not very many players left in the game that can actually craft them, those that can, are charging a fortune to get them, when they can actually craft them for low cost materials. it's kind of sad when you want an item find it on gtn for between a few hundred millions or upto a billion credits because the person selling it is one of the few that can actually still craft it.

4) if i buy something from the cartel market for 1000 cartel coins, i have to spend another 400-600 cartel coins just to unlock it for all my characters, why not give the option of using credits to do the same?? if i have a vehicle, gear, etc that i want to be able to use on all characters, of course i'm going to be willing to spend credits so all my characters can use those items. if an item on collections costs 500cartel coins to unlock for all characters, for the sake of numbers, charge 50mil to do the same. i really doubt i would be the only person who would be willing to pay the credits needed to unlock something so it's available for all my characters..

5) charging for quick travel? did anybody think about that? i mean come on, back when the game first came out, unlocking quick travel and taxi was almost like a reward for taking the time to go from one point to another during your class quests. it also gave players the ability to grind for exp or credits while getting there. so to tell me that i just wasted my time doing that and now you want to charge me to use something that i already unlocked? does that not seem a little redundant?

i mean think about it.. you are literally telling primarly new players (because yes, even though we are waiting for you pinheads to actually give us something that is actually worth spending it on, most of us old timers have the credits to spare, while the newbies don't) that you want to charge them for using something that is for the most part a neccessity in the game to get to a point that they have to go to anyway in order to complete their class quests? you are only encouraging people to not bother with using qt because once a player has their own vehicle, it only take a few minutes to get to where we need to go.

i would really truelly love to understand the logic behind that...

6) charging for priority transport.. are you now telling me that after playing for as long as i have been, getting my legacy level to level to where it is just to get these was absolutely pointless? the original purpose of the priority transports was to reward the players who took the time and effort developing and increasing their legacy, and for all intents and purposes now you want to take those legacy perks away? even though the only one i use is to go to my personal ship, i already have to pay to unlock it for the character i am using, but also charge me to use it? that is pretty much the same as me buying a roll of toilet paper and then making me pay to take a poo and another payment to flush..

i mean, what's next? telling me that if i mount one of the vehicles that i already purchased from the cartel market, paid more cartel credits to unlock for all my characters, transferred to the character i am playing that i am going to be charged an amount based of the vehicle i am about to use?

again, i would really truelly love to understand the logic behind this...

• Like 1

And here come the "stick" solutions again instead of "carrot" solutions such as:

Give people things they want for credits. 
Example:  For the Seeds/Shroud mission, give them a CSR for 100K credits and disable the switch puzzles.
For Uprisings, 1 million for a CSR.
For non-story FPs: 3 million for non-sideplot FPs with a CSR.  5 million for sideplot (Rakghoul/Czerka) FPs.
For Ops, allow them to do a non-sideplot OP for 10 million with two CSR and a Sideplot story Op with two CSRs (Pretty much the Dread Masters Ops) for 20 Mil.  These might need a little watering down (or character buffing) but that's a minimal effort fix. 

You could even throw in the abilty to earn the special quest Aratechs to appeal to completionists (or people like me who just like the Aratechs) as a way of subtly encouraging people to grind out the Ops/FPs that they normally wouldn't.

I guarantee you that you would get a lot of takers on these credit sinks.  Other credit sinks can be provided for minimal effort.  This would be a "carrot" solution instead of the normal "Stick" solution that this board is so in love with ........ and, in this case, the "stick" is harming newer players.

If we all are going to be charged for travelling to and from strongholds (and you are also looking for new credit sinks), shouldn't every planet currently in SWTOR have its own dedicated stronghold then?

For example, I'd gladly throw my credits at:

• a Gree-inspired stronghold on Ilum.
  • a Section X stronghold (exclusive to Section X unlock owners).
  • a Hoth stronghold.
  • a Zakuul Penthouse like what Kaliyo has.
  • a Balmorra fallout shelter.

Come to think of it, I have always wanted to have a Kashyyyk Treehouse, but you'd have to include Kashyyyk somewhere in the game (hint-hint).

I apologize if I sound like a broken record. Don't punish the players who don't have the credits, but give the players who have the credits to spend something they can spend those credits on. 

What I have noticed during the ten years that I have played this game is: there is nothing in the game worth 1 billion credits. I'm not talking about Cartel Market items being sold on GTN for 1 billion credits but ordinary in-game items such as Prestige Tier Strongholds for veteran end-game players. Why even allow a 1 billion credit cap if there is nothing in the game that even costs that much?

The economy in this game is unavoidably destined to balloon because once you hit level 80, there is simply nothing in the game to work towards in order to dump credits into and slipping in fees and charges will not even make a dent in what is already there.

Instead of throwing in a truck load of fees and charges that will only hurt New Players (which will only cause New Players to start even more flame wars in general chat at the veteran players), give us Prestige Tier Strongholds that cost up to 1 billion credits to swiftly drain the overabundance of credits from the game.

Problem solved.

Edited by CaldoChaud
corrections
  • Like 4

Credit Syncs are a prime condition for Credit Sellers to operate. The more BW takes away credits from player that do not have BILLIONS of credits the more the Credit sellers will operate to sell credits to make up for the credits BW takes from them.

GET RID OF THE CREDIT SELLERS. Until that is done NOTHING will help reduce the amount of credits in the game and instead it will only drive away players that DO NOT have billions of credits. Then there will be nothing left in the game except Credit FARMERS, Credit SELLERS and the people that buy them.

I've said it before. The only way BW is going to get the amount of credits it takes to buy anything in the game is to put a CAP on how may credits a player can have and limit how much credits it costs to buy it.

It's not a popular idea but it will work. As for the people that will leave, don't let the door hit you in the rear on your way out. Others will quickly come to replace you. People that want to PLAY the game and not try to make it a new form of income for them selves.

Until DRASTIC measures are taken it's all nothing but a Band-Aid solution that will only HURT players that DO NOT HAVE BILLIONS. And it is that majority of players that WILL leave. When they can No longer play the game because they can not pay for the services IN-Game. I guarantee the first time a player can NOT use a transport or repair their gear because they do not have enough credits they will LEAVE the game and NEVER come back and will tell ALL their Friends that SWToR is a Credit Farmers game and to stay away. 

I've played games that were farmer games and they DID NOT FAIR WELL over time. If BW does not get this under control the same will happen to them. And penalizing POOR players is the fastest way to do it.

Que the Rich Elites that will not come here to say they will leave the game.... You will NOT be Missed. There are more players that do not have BILLIONS than those that do.

This is a terrible idea.

I'm filthy ridiculous wealthy.

It's not even gonna be an eye dropper in the ocean  for me.

For new and poor players, this will be a terrible burden and act like a deterrent to using game features due to user fees.

It will annoy everyone in general.

It will do nothing to solve inflation.

Wasted efforts are not going to fix anything.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThadiusMoor said:

This is a terrible idea.

I'm filthy ridiculous wealthy.

It's not even gonna be an eye dropper in the ocean  for me.

For new and poor players, this will be a terrible burden and act like a deterrent to using game features due to user fees.

It will annoy everyone in general.

It will do nothing to solve inflation.

Wasted efforts are not going to fix anything.

this is incorrect. Your forgetting new players don't have unlimited QT's. New players have no legacy, so no legacy levels or perks. New players have a 6 min CD on Quick Travel ability. They won't use it as much as veteran players. Not to mention they're going to be less likely to speed through the story, and want to explore more the 1st playthrough. Which means even less use of Quick Travel.

People need to stop claiming this will hurt new players, it really won't hurt them much at all.

28 minutes ago, Toraak said:

this is incorrect. Your forgetting new players don't have unlimited QT's. New players have no legacy, so no legacy levels or perks. New players have a 6 min CD on Quick Travel ability. They won't use it as much as veteran players. Not to mention they're going to be less likely to speed through the story, and want to explore more the 1st playthrough. Which means even less use of Quick Travel.

People need to stop claiming this will hurt new players, it really won't hurt them much at all.

Correct, this will not hurt brand new players who are just starting out.  Likewise, this will have little effect on any established player.  For anyone with a level 80 character recuperating these costs will be trivial.  The group that this will hurt are those who are new, but not first character brand new.  Those who have completed their first story, have had a taste of the convenience of QT, have earned a few legacy levels, have unlocked some of the travel CD reductions (only need legacy level 10 to fully unlock the travel reductions), but have yet to built up a credit reserve, who do not have a max level character that can easily offset these new costs, who are yet quite a distance from being in the established player category.  That is the group who this is going to hurt.  Just like when BW increased several in-game costs with 6.0, that was the group who were affected most.  And just like when 6.0 dropped, with all those inflated in-game costs, the credit spammers upped their spamming to ludicrous speeds and went plaid on general chat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toraak said:

this is incorrect. Your forgetting new players don't have unlimited QT's. New players have no legacy, so no legacy levels or perks. New players have a 6 min CD on Quick Travel ability.

6 minutes?  That's a luxury. What are you doing that means you use quicktravel more than every 10 minutes or so?

Back when I first tried this game the cd on quicktravel was 1 hour.  Which meant it was basically useless, and that's what bioware is planning to bring back for new players.  I quit mid-Tatooine because the game was boring and frustrating with the constant fighting of the same mobs as you ran from place to place.   I didn't come back for years.

No quicktravel means you  have to fight your way to the mission node, then have to fight the same mobs again on your way out since they respawn.  It gets tedious and boring really fast. 

Bioware already brought back boring levelling with the really slow and badly adjusted new ability paths, and now they want to bring back the boring 'fight the same mobs twice or more' type of gameplay? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

6 minutes?  That's a luxury. What are you doing that means you use quicktravel more than every 10 minutes or so?

Back when I first tried this game the cd on quicktravel was 1 hour.  Which meant it was basically useless, and that's what bioware is planning to bring back for new players.  I quit mid-Tatooine because the game was boring and frustrating with the constant fighting of the same mobs as you ran from place to place.   I didn't come back for years.

No quicktravel means you  have to fight your way to the mission node, then have to fight the same mobs again on your way out since they respawn.  It gets tedious and boring really fast. 

Bioware already brought back boring levelling with the really slow and badly adjusted new ability paths, and now they want to bring back the boring 'fight the same mobs twice or more' type of gameplay? 

Then BW changed it, because it's 6 Mins on an account that was preferred with legacy level 1 when I tested it this week. And I can easily use a QT far more then every 6 mins. I've completed quests in far less time then that and needed to use to to move elsewhere faster.

8 minutes ago, Toraak said:

Then BW changed it, because it's 6 Mins on an account that was preferred with legacy level 1 when I tested it this week.

This is my understanding, since each of the three Legacy perks lowers it by 2 min, until it has no cooldown.

26 minutes ago, Toraak said:

Then BW changed it, because it's 6 Mins on an account that was preferred with legacy level 1 when I tested it this week. And I can easily use a QT far more then every 6 mins. I've completed quests in far less time then that and needed to use to to move elsewhere faster.

Yes, they changed it years ago.  That was my point.  Quicktravel that you could use easily and often was a huge improvement to enjoying the game.

The dev's want to remove the quicktravel whenever you want option from newer/poorer players and that is removing QoL, not improving it.   Like so many recent changes it's a downgrade, not an upgrade.

• Like 3