The GSF bot is a bad idea

yandcabral

Was playing DM as a bomber, map was Iokath battle. I've set up a nest where teammates could fall back to heal and refill ammo. Was hit with "you are not contributing" BS; was told by one of the other players to get out and shoot someone, or i would get kicked. Got out, got blasted by gunship. When i respawned, the System message popped, warning me i had 5 secs to damage someone or get kicked.

Restoring health, shields, ammo, setting up sensor spawn beacons IS contributing, and can actually make a difference between winning or losing the match.

If the bot can't tell between doing other than engaging in dogfight, and really doing nothing at all, then it just end up being another one of those "improvements" nobody asked for.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good news for you: it can! Doing damage of any kind counts as contributing, so your mines/drones count if they hit someone. If, as a bomber, you're getting flagged anyway, it means that you are not close enough to the action to be counted as contributing, because nothing you have is hitting anybody. Try moving closer. There is no dedicated healer role; you are expected to contribute in other ways as well.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi
  • Like 1

before this became the way it became, when I did fly a bomber, I would plant my mines near or on the front, then dash away to hide.

now I just run a fighter bomber, if I do a bomber, basically a slow fat striker. May be slow but can be fun. but  I don't do bombers any more

if I feel the need of repairs needed in the group, I run the Clarion / Imperium with repair probe. Kinda would like an easier way for me to spot friendlies , so when someone calls for ammo or repairs I can go straight to them,  instead of " ok w he re  are ya . .where are ya " approach

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, DakhathKilrathi said:

Good news for you: it can! Doing damage of any kind counts as contributing,

You made my point.

If, as a bomber, you're getting flagged anyway, it means that you are not close enough to the action to be counted as contributing,

I was close enough to be nuked by gunboats, as soon as i left cover.

There is no dedicated healer role; you are expected to contribute in other ways as well.

According to you.  None of my teammates were complaining.

Here is me, "not contributing" my way to the 4th place in a DM,
https://i.imgur.com/CeWC6iK.png

https://i.imgur.com/BiS9tc8.png

And here is me, parked in a way that prevents scouts from sneaking from behind us. But since i'm not glued to the satellite, i'll get the "not contributing" yadda yadda.
https://i.imgur.com/MjTr46o.png

https://i.imgur.com/7xsZlkY.png

We're winning, we can afford the luxury of letting the losing team come to our fortified position. Yet we CAN'T, because we're all wearing rylothian slave collars. Moreover, players who want to throw the match, still do it. Just not the obvious ways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, yandcabral said:

According to you.  None of my teammates were complaining.

Nah, according to the game design. You have exactly one component that can do healing on any ship. You have several that can do damage. All of the healing components have a long CD and require good positioning to get any benefit. Most of the damage abilities have shorter cooldowns or no CD at all. Every ship has blasters for a reason. 

But also according to me, yeah.  I win around 80% of my games as a solo player so I might know something about how the game works and how games are won.

From a recent alt, if you care to see proof of that claim: https://i.imgur.com/apBMlGL.png

Also, and importantly: at least four of your teammates complained, because it requires four people to take the time to click something to kick someone who gets flagged.

Here is me, "not contributing" my way to the 4th place in a DM,
https://i.imgur.com/CeWC6iK.png

https://i.imgur.com/BiS9tc8.png

This is not a good example of a game where you're making a difference. That entire enemy team (aside from one member who obviously knows what they're doing)  somehow did less than you did while you were getting flagged not contributing. Against a team that actually shows up you actually would have been hindering your team. 

And you got flagged in a gunship, somehow? 

You didn't ask for the help, but here's a couple of tips for how to get value out of a gunship: drop fortress shield because it's a trap. It's really only useful against totally clueless players. Also, when using the railgun, zoom all the way out when you use the scope. Every single time. Your accuracy score should go up quite a bit. In a gunship you should generally be above 50% accuracy. If you aren't, it means you've got room to tweak your playstyle. 40% is pretty decent for the default zoom level though, especially for a less experienced player. 

And here is me, parked in a way that prevents scouts from sneaking from behind us. But since i'm not glued to the satellite, i'll get the "not contributing" yadda yadda.
https://i.imgur.com/MjTr46o.png

https://i.imgur.com/7xsZlkY.png

A gunship is not the pick if you want to keep scouts off of a satellite, especially since you are running hydrospanner instead of wingman. Hydrospanner is fine, by the way, it just means you won't have an accuracy cooldown for dealing with scouts' evasion stat. 

Gunships are lot better at hitting strikes and bombers and other gunships. And if you're not hitting people often enough to keep from getting flagged, it means you aren't really doing much.  If the satellite isn't actively being attacked and you're the only defender, you should be on the satellite. If you are not the only defender, it means you have room to move to the one that is being attacked so you can help out. 

If neither is being attacked, just sit on the sat for the free objective points until you see where they're going if you aren't comfortable with pressing the third. 

Also worth noting: you can use strafing (shift + WASD, and you can do it while you're aiming or firing the railgun)  to peer over the geometry on the satellite. There's no reason not to use it for cover while you wait for someone to come to you if that's what you want to do.

When you get flagged, that is the game informing you that you are doing something fundamentally wrong and giving you the chance to fix it. If you refuse to fix it, then yeah, you're not helping your team. 

The good news for you is that staying mobile solves your problem; just fly by a sat you control now and again if you're not managing to hit anybody. 

Again though if you zoom out when you use your railgun you should find that hitting people gets a lot easier. Strafing to center your target can help too but that's more of an advanced tactic. Don't feel discouraged if it's hard to juggle at first; I can see from your stat line that you're probably capable of it. 

Moreover, players who want to throw the match, still do it. Just not the obvious ways.

Yeah this is true, and Bioware needs to tweak the detection to make that harder. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DakhathKilrathi said:

When you get flagged, that is the game informing you that you are doing something fundamentally wrong

i'm sorry but  that ^ is not accurate.  ( or the algorithm detector needs to be seriously adjusted)

Just now, in  a 'deathmatch' , i had like 4 kills 4 assists  5 pups , was doing great ... then 2 enemy ships started  CHASING me ... i'm weaving in & out , getting repair bots , getting HIT , but not doing any damage ( how could i ?  i was being 2-man chased !!!! ) .  Then, i get  "flagged" ... and i  flip 360 real quick and fire a few bolts at  an enemy ship, but i miss...

....and then i fire one last bolt and HIT,  except second later, the 2 ships kill me ....  so i respawn ...and  THEN get "vote kicked"  LOL  WUT THA HECK?!!?!?!!

So by your logic @DakhathKilrathi , i was being "fundamentally WRONG"  just because i had to out-run 2 enemies for a minute?!?!?!!?  So i guess HAN SOLO in Emp Strikes Back asteroid fiield = "wrong" then too huh?!  Sheesh  c'mon BioWare.

Your system isn't working properly imo. -->  https://i.imgur.com/7vDVZT4.jpg

20 minutes "lockout" = waste of my time and undeserved.  @EricMusco @JackieKo @BryantWood

But hey at least it let me make this forum post. :rolleyes:

p.s. As fun as GSF is sometimes, it's still a total joke ( compared to SWG JTL ) without JOYSTICK support.

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: Please BIOWARE , please pay attention to GSF sometime before game ends
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Just now, in  a 'deathmatch' , i had like 4 kills 4 assists  5 pups , was doing great ... then 2 enemy ships started  CHASING me ... i'm weaving in & out , getting repair bots , getting HIT , but not doing any damage ( how could i ?  i was being 2-man chased !!!! ) .  Then, i get  "flagged" ... and i  flip 360 real quick and fire a few bolts at  an enemy ship, but i miss...

....and then i fire one last bolt and HIT,  except second later, the 2 ships kill me ....  so i respawn ...and  THEN get "vote kicked"  LOL  WUT THA HECK?!!?!?!!

Can you get this behavior on video sometime? If it's something you see frequently. That's not how it's supposed to work, and not how I've seen it work in testing. There are two things in your description that should have prevented you from being kicked, so if that really is what's happening it might not be working as they intend for it to.

Edit: That being said, yeah, if you're running (or worse, circling an enemy) for two minutes you're probably doing something wrong. Kite them to your team or pick a new target.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DakhathKilrathi said:

Can you get this behavior on video sometime?

No because it's random and i'm not gonna record 24/7 onto my hd when all BioWare has to do is check their server logs/console.

However,  i did post the screenshot ^^ , which should help.

13 minutes ago, DakhathKilrathi said:

If it's something you see frequently.

Seeing it once tonite was enough.

14 minutes ago, DakhathKilrathi said:

That's not how it's supposed to work,

Like most things in life & video-games,  their system was implemented with good intentions....but in practice, it's very umm let's say inconsistent at best.

14 minutes ago, DakhathKilrathi said:

There are two things in your description that should have prevented you from being kicked, so if that really is what's happening

It happened exactly as i described it in my post.

And, as you can see by the screenshot ^^ , something  def.  isn't working properly.

imho,  it's pretty simple:  "damage" shouldn't  be the main requirement for "contributing" to a match.

My delusional hope though is: 7.3 update = GSF 'seasons'  ( like 7.2 was PVP 'season' template ) and maybe just maybe by some miracle BIOWARE will remember GSF exists.

The screenshot just shows that you got kicked in the exact same moment that you contributed. It doesn't show when you died, which is the important part here. Also, the thing about you contributing should have happened when you hit, not when you died. Without that very important information, the chat box screenshot isn't super helpful. 

Because of the way it works, you're essentially claiming you hit someone and respawned and got kicked all in the exact same second. 

Since that's impossible, your timeline is off somehow. That's where video would help. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nee-Elder said:

enemy ships started  CHASING me ... i'm weaving in & out , getting repair bots , getting HIT , but not doing any damage ( how could i ?  i was being 2-man chased !!!! ) .  Then, i get  "flagged" ... and i  flip 360 real quick and fire a few bolts at  an enemy ship, but i miss...

been there, and the one time I have been vote kicked.

after that, if I'm caught in the same situation,  I just look for the nearest object

43 minutes ago, DakhathKilrathi said:

Because of the way it works, you're essentially claiming you hit someone and respawned and got kicked all in the exact same second. 

Since that's impossible, your timeline is off somehow.

Well,  i came here and posted almost immediately after it happened, so sure i guess it's possible my post  might've been off by a couple seconds maybe i dunno.

That's sorta beside the main point though, since either way i should NOT have been auto-kicked in that particular circumstance i described.

The system thought, maybe,  that since i was being chased for over 1 minute ?  and wasn't doing "damage" , that meant i was  "AFK" ?!?!?!?!  Even though my ship was literally on fire from ENEMY damage lol sheesh.

So even when i turned to blasted some shots , and hit ONCE ( eventually ) , it either didn't detect that hit or maybe i actually missed?  or maybe it happened simultaneously ?  or the code had already decided?

Again, BIOWARE can easily check their server logs/console.

Regardless, the system needs to be tweaked and/or changed,  to account for just this type of edge-case innocent scenario i described in my earlier post.

I really don't understand why there's so much pushback tbqh.   Not necessarily you, but so many pilots ( who are 99% the nicest players  in the community ) just keep saying so dismissively  "well just do damage then!"  ----But that isn't really helpful nor realistic nor possible in ALL defensive/evasive type situations!!!!

But anyways, at least i discovered a new BUG --> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/927515-gsf-battle-queue-button-gets-frozen-un-clickable-after-game-auto-kicks-you-from-prior-matcheven-after-20-minutes/

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: pilot community = the best
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

....and then i fire one last bolt and HIT,  except second later, the 2 ships kill me ....  so i respawn ...and  THEN get "vote kicked"  LOL  WUT THA HECK?!!?!?!

Had something similar happen to me like the situation Nee described. Was in i gunship chessmatch with a bomber healing our gunships, got the not contributing alert  and stuck my nose out of the window. Hit a gunship with my proton but was killed some second later by multiple gunships. Game chat stated that i contributed again but something like 5 seconds after my respawn I was auto kicked :(

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, DakhathKilrathi said:

I win around 80% of my games as a solo player so I might know something about how the game works and how games are won.

I rather have fun 80% of my games, but to each their own.  I read your wall of text, but... what if all i want is to play casually, for fun?

I see from other posts that i'm not the only one questioning why damage is the only way of "contributing". Which would explain why damage farmers can get away with throwing matches in favor of their personal scores, and never get punished, because they are "contributing". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't realize this was a new bot - and I agree it's bad. I play GSF rarely - usually just when the 6-match CQ option comes up. It would be entirely accurate to say that I'm pretty terrible, and I know it, but I don't suicide and I don't AFK at the edge. I at least try to participate without feeding the opposing side.  Yes, I already know the advice: "If you suck, just play better."

This evening, I hopped on GSF for the first time in a few weeks, and after a 20+ minute queue, finally got in. I got some hits - no kills - but got blasted enough times that I spent as much time flying back to the battle as actually being in it. That's fine. But then in the middle of a dogfight/pursuit, I got the 30-second boot warning. I pursued harder and got killed for it, but couldn't make it back to the fight in the amount of time left on the boot timer, despite gametext saying I was contributing again on the respawn. I am locked out now because I left the match early. What a waste of my time. 

This bot unfairly penalizes rookie GSF players. I WAS engaged with enemies. I WAS participating. Sorry that I don't play GSF enough to have stellar accuracy, I guess. I don't mind if a team of elite GSF wants to vote-boot me for being bad, but now a *bot* can do the same? Guess I'm never playing GSF again. Good luck with getting those match queues to fill. 

I didn't realize this was a new bot

It's not.  Non-contribute and vote kick for GSF do not appear to have changed.  Players have to take a break from flying and vote to kick you.

However, the penalties for getting kicked from or abandoning a PvP match have changed.   So lockouts are longer and ramp up much more harshly than previously.   GSF matchmaking, vote kick, non-participation, and the penalty structure are all built on top of the PvP code for those things, so changes to ground PvP code can bleed through to GSF.   For example GSF medals disappearing.

Honestly, I think most of what people are seeing is that Conquest and Seasons are incentivizing people to do GSF, and some of them are AFKing or throwing matches on the basis that they can get the fly [insert] ship class for 5 matches by having all classes on their hangar bar and then dying at least three times so one match gets all four ship classes checked off, and then hoping to lose the match after that as quickly and effortlessly as possible.     I think that's a bit stupid, since the reward for the GSF Weekly goes twice as fast if you win, but then I can influence winning in a positive way, and maybe these people feel they can't.     At any rate, some people really resent the afkers and throwers, and are really agitating to vote kick anyone who can be vote kicked as soon as they can be vote kicked.   I find the time better spent shooting targets, but to each their own.

In conclusion: assuming you can fly within control zone of a satellite in Dom, and shoot and hit something fairly quickly in Deathmatch, staying contributing really isn't hard.   Even in a bomber.   If you can't hit things when you feel like hitting things, yeah, it can be problematic in Deathmatch.   Penalties are pretty harsh now.  You can lobby devs for reducing them, even reducing them specifically for GSF.   Penalty value reductions are probably an easier lobby then code changes.  Code changes require skill, editing values requires knowing where the numberpad and Backspace key are on your keyboard. 

Best approach though, is probably using the chat before the match starts.  Type "Hello everyone, happy flying." or something of that nature to establish that you're maybe a nice person and not a jerk.   If you're a bit lacking in skill, you might type something like, "Any tips on what I should do here?" which establishes noobness and willingness to learn, which means people are more likely to cut you slack.   If more skilled, try a brief discussion of strategy.  If you type, "Dronelayer dropping repair w/ ammo refill and rail drone near center DO spawn," then people know you're doing useful stuff, or at least trying to.   Positive social interaction, even if really minimal, drastically reduces your chances of getting kicked.

On 2/2/2023 at 5:59 PM, DakhathKilrathi said:

In a gunship you should generally be above 50% accuracy. If you aren't, it means you've got room to tweak your playstyle. 40% is pretty decent for the default zoom level though, especially for a less experienced player.

If you aren't reliably getting above 70% you have room to tweak your style.  I know because mine needs tweaking.   More hitting and less missing I think.

• Like 1

Having damage as the sole metric for kicking players is poorly thinked, and unfair. It only benefits damage farmers, who time and again throw warzones and domination matches in favor of their personal score, and can't be kicked for that.

People eventually get tired of it and just park somewhere. Or self-destruct, in case of GSF. But that's just temporary, eventually these players will realise it's pointless, and they will move on to the next step, which is leaving and not coming back.

On 2/3/2023 at 1:42 AM, Nee-Elder said:

That can be corrected by changing instances (e.g. traveling to fleet or your ship) if the queue button is locked. It's happened to me a handful of times (yes, I've also been booted for going AFK during some matches; if you ask me, I think the idle timer is a little too short, and it doesn't solve the problem of SDers or people who do just enough not to get flagged for idling yet make exactly zero contribution to the match), and changing instances fixed the button lockout.

Edited by Eldarion_Velator
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, yandcabral said:

Having damage as the sole metric for kicking players is poorly thinked, and unfair. It only benefits damage farmers, who time and again throw warzones and domination matches in favor of their personal score, and can't be kicked for that.

"poorly thought out"

I think you misunderstand - you don't need to do lots of damage. I think it's actually either damage (any damage) or objective points (i.e. sitting on a satellite). Obviously in TDMs there are no satellite objective points, so it's easier to get kicked from a TDM match. I do agree with you that the idle timer tends to penalize new/novice pilots more, as they will have a harder time landing hits and therefore getting damage in TDMs.

As for "damage farmers," I don't think you understand what you're talking about. All damage in GSF is aimed at a specific objective: to help clear opposition ships/mines/drones/turrets, either in defense (e.g. a satellite or bomber nest) or offensively. Therefore, there's no damage that could be considered "bad damage" or "damage farming." If you do a lot of damage (e.g with AoE ion rail) but aren't successful enough to land the kill, you have hopefully softened up your target(s) for your teammates and will get the assist. If you're referring to pilots who continue to plug away at the same heavily-defended satellite despite never actually taking it or getting a kill, only novice pilots (or veteran pilots who know their team has zero chance of victory) will do this, and in the case of novice pilots, they will do so little damage that it can't really be called "farming." In the case of veteran pilots who queue into a lost match, they can't be blamed for doing this.

Edited by Eldarion_Velator

8 hours ago, Eldarion_Velator said:

"poorly thought out"

I think you misunderstand - you don't need to do lots of damage.

I probably haven't made myself clear. It's obvious you need to do damage. By damage farmers i refer to the players who forsake the match objectives to farm big numbers (usually damage and kills) and top the chart. 

But that is not the main point.

On 2/3/2023 at 10:02 AM, yandcabral said:

I see from other posts that i'm not the only one questioning why damage is the only way of "contributing".

This is the point, i didn't asked about damage type, how much damage you need to do, or % accuracy.

I got booted for not feeding kills to the opposing team. Literally spent a good amount of time evading multiple players constantly trying to lock me. My aim is crap (must be because I fire at people, but I guess I'm missing), but I can navigate very well and at high speeds around objects. I got booted for this. So I'm done looking out for the team score. I'm running head first into every enemy group to do any little amount of damage. I'm looking out for #1 from here on out as long as this ridiculous crap continues in the death matches. Locked out of all PVP for 20 minutes by the same people who say, "Don't engage them. Let them come to us. Don't feed them kills." Well, I'm feeding them kills from now on. It's why I hate GSF deathmatch so much.  Bioware does not understand how their own game works.

• Thanks 1

If you've got two or three reds trying to kill you long enough to get a not-contributing flag, those two or three reds are not doing anything at all to the rest of your team. If the enemy team is rolling for hits or trying to lock missiles on you and you aren't just dying, you shouldn't get a flag, because you're catching aggro and not dying.

Or: you're tanking. In an MMO. The horror!

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Dayshadow said:

I'm running head first into every enemy group to do any little amount of damage.

Today, i ended up resorting to that, after receiving the 30s warning. With too many foes to evade, i got blown up. Rinsed and repeated til the end of the match. Nobody said anything in the chat, but even if they did, they tried to kick me out, i owe them nothing.

Locked out of all PVP for 20 minutes by the same people who say, "Don't engage them. Let them come to us. Don't feed them kills."

That was the most unsettling for me. I was seeing the green numbers up, as teammates flew by to heal, and got kicked for not contributing. I thought it was a stupid bot created by devs, but no, the very people benefiting from my heals kicked me out for not contributing.

It's why I hate GSF deathmatch so much.  Bioware does not understand how their own game works.

Maybe some of the blame is in Bioware, for making rules based on infractors, instead of the good portion of the player base. But i think this is a problem of players can't have a modicum of power without abusing it.

It would be better if the devs just created a special legacy ignore, pvp only, with a six month expiring date. That would take care of infractors, remove the need for bots, and let players make an assessment if they are really being fair in their complaints.

Self-destructors would be put on bench to think about their attitude, but i suspect the prima donnas howling for more bans would also find themselves locked out of queue very fast...

On 2/3/2023 at 9:46 AM, Nee-Elder said:

Yes, you're doing it fundamentally wrong. Kite them to your team. Make them crash into debris. Flip 180 (360 is a circle btw) and kill one of them. Dunno, you can also crash, respawn and do five more kills instead of preventing that one enemy team kill.
Man, I'm a gunship main, I'm getting focused every match, sometimes it's not worth of wasting time and staying alive if you know that you will just do more damage if you respawn.

On 2/3/2023 at 2:59 AM, DakhathKilrathi said:

<helpful and nice big message>

How does it feel being nice and getting flamed for that? 🙃

On 2/3/2023 at 11:42 AM, Nee-Elder said:

being chased for over 1 minute

You actually have to do effectively nothing for 3 or more minutes to get flagged. Not one minute. You can't really kite 2 people for 3+ minutes without getting killed or luring them out to your positions. Unless you're doing something intrinsically wrong.

On 2/3/2023 at 1:19 PM, Lord_Janosch said:

Hit a gunship with my proton but was killed some second later by multiple gunships. Game chat stated that i contributed again but something like 5 seconds after my respawn I was auto kicked

Impossible. You are unflagged the second you do damage. Thus, you haven't hit that gunship.

On 2/3/2023 at 1:19 PM, Lord_Janosch said:

gunship chessmatch with a bomber healing our gunships

No reason to heal gunships in a case of 12v11/8v7 gunship match, they get killed much faster than you regenerate their hp. Effectively doing nothing. If there were any scouts/strikers to attack your gunship formation, you won't got flagged because even if your aim didn't do the magic, your mines/drone should'd done that.

On 2/6/2023 at 6:17 AM, Syagria said:

This bot unfairly penalizes rookie GSF players.

It doesn't. We all were rookie GSF players, I myself still consider my skills to be lame. This "bot" actually stimulates you to contribute to your team instead of trying to do whatever you're trying to do instead of contibuting. If you don't feel like dogfighting with all those agressive aces who rake your butt, just pop a gunship. Great type of ships to get into the game.

Or you can try slicing and have any opponent to be handicapped so you can easily pick up the kill and improve your aiming on a living target.

On 2/8/2023 at 1:28 AM, yandcabral said:

damage farmers, who time and again throw warzones and domination matches

Wait. Dead opponent isn't capping anything or guarding, no? Warzone damage can be healed, mitigated, evaded at cetera, you can't effectively do that in GSF, basically why you're contributing in those ways: do damage or guard the satellite. So-called damage farmers kill enemy team and you have an advantage to play objectives, so you both have your fun?

I'm not a damage farmer tho, I even prefer to play bombers in domination, but hey, I don't mind someone like Catsi or Remus or Dakhath or Ramelan (you name them) to kill 150 enemy ships so I can eat my lunch while guarding and occasionally popping a new mine 🤣

3 hours ago, winpersec said:

Warzone damage can be healed, mitigated, evaded at cetera, you can't effectively do that in GSF, basically why you're contributing in those ways: do damage or guard the satellite.

That actually answer the question and is on the topic. But i disagree and here is why. It is true that you can't outheal damage in GSF, but that is only true when you're trying to heal while in active combat. Players retreat, and come back fully healed, and they are not self- destructing, otherwise the message would appear. I've seen Tae-gun do it. I did it myself. 

4 hours ago, winpersec said:

This "bot" actually stimulates you to contribute to your team instead of trying to do whatever you're trying to do instead of contibuting.

This "bot" actually stimulates you to be one of the monkeys in the five monkeys experiment. Unlike the poor monkeys, who have no choice, i'm leaving the room.

7 hours ago, winpersec said:

Yes, you're doing it fundamentally wrong.

Kite them to your team. Make them crash into debris. Flip 180 (360 is a circle btw) and kill one of them.

First, there's more than one way to fly a ship and evade enemies.  That's the beauty of SPACE.  So no, i was def.  NOT doing "wrong" . ( Please don't turn GSF pilots into condescending  ground PVP'er  talk )

Secondly, obviously i've  kite'd  & flipped & killed  before.  This was ONE example of why the  auto-kick timer demands are unrealistic & unnecessary ( as presently implemented ) .  BioWare just simply needs to stop wasting time on ridiculous gear-grinds & credit-sinks  and instead focus on GSF development.  Specifically, they just need to tweak the auto-kick system to be slightly more forgiving & maleable.  That's all.

Again i ask:  Please don't be like the ground PVP'ers and turn into a  "git gud" shame attempt series of posts.

GSF is better than that.   PILOTS are better than that.

Or at least, they should be.

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: GSF & pilots are usually the coolest of all players. Usually.