The GSF bot is a bad idea

yandcabral

23 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

First, there's more than one way to fly a ship and evade enemies.  That's the beauty of SPACE.  So no, i was def.  NOT doing "wrong" . ( Please don't turn GSF pilots into condescending  ground PVP'er  talk )

Secondly, obviously i've  kite'd  & flipped & killed  before.  This was ONE example of why the  auto-kick timer demands are unrealistic & unnecessary ( as presently implemented ) .  BioWare just simply needs to stop wasting time on ridiculous gear-grinds & credit-sinks  and instead focus on GSF development.  Specifically, they just need to tweak the auto-kick system to be slightly more forgiving & maleable.  That's all.

Again i ask:  Please don't be like the ground PVP'ers and turn into a  "git gud" shame attempt series of posts.

GSF is better than that.   PILOTS are better than that.

Or at least, they should be.

Winpersec sounds like they don't even play GSF. Getting chased by 2 opponents? Just turn around and kill one. Seriously? MAKE them crash into something. "Make them"? What?

• Thanks 1

The kick timer mechanic is a little aggressive here. And it's the reason I lose 90% of my matches, and you will likely lose if you get me on your team. I don't know what it is, but when I find enemy targets, I miss 99% of all my shots. I don't know if it's latency or what, but other ships fly faster than lightning with all my shots. I run out of weapon and boost energy and then can do nothing. Most of this is because I am just stressing to hit 1 single target before the kick timer fires.

Even after upgrades, my ships fly so slowly and have so little energy that I am constantly at risk of being detected as "AFK". It's so bad, that now I throw matches just to not get kicked. Without any strategy whatsoever, I fly into the combat zones guns blazing with 1 objective. Hit any ship possible to not get kicked.. At end of game, the results are something like: 0 kills - 6 assists - 14 deaths.... And you know, the faster I die, the faster the match ends, and I can stop worrying about not getting kicked, and get that sweet +1 for the weekly. If the "Not participating" thing wasn't thing, I could calm my nerves more and focus better on picking targets and taking them down. I guarantee, if there was no kick mechanic, my deaths would be a lot less. Remember, each death for me is a +1 score for the enemy.

In the Capture/Defend matches, I get kicked for defending. One time I was about to be kicked, so I left my satellite, went to another to do damage, and then died. Shortly after respawning, the satellite I was defending was stolen by the enemy. Yeah, nice job Bioware. I was totally not participating by guarding that satellite. Other Capture/Defend games have something called "defend points", and you get these by staying camped a something you defend. I don't see why this isn't a thing in GSF.

Edited by Traceguy

6 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

The kick mechanic is a little aggressive here. And it's the reason I lose 90% of my matches, and you will likely lose if you get me on your team. I don't know what it is, but when I find enemy targets, I miss 99% of all my shots. I don't know if it's latency or what, but other ships fly faster than lightning with all my shots. I run out of weapon and boost energy and then can do nothing. 

Even after upgrades, my ships fly so slowly and have so little energy that I am constantly at risk of being detected as "AFK". It's so bad, that now I throw matches just to not get kicked. Without any strategy whatsoever, I fly into the combat zones guns blazing with 1 objective. Hit any ship possible to not get kicked.. At end of game, the results are something like: 0 kills - 6 assists - 14 deaths.... And you know, the faster I die, the faster the match ends, and I can stop worrying about not getting kicked, and get that sweet +1 for the weekly. If the "Not participating" thing wasn't thing, I could calm my nerves more and focus better on picking targets and taking them down.

In the Capture/Defend matches, I get kicked for defending. One time I was about to be kicked, so I left my satellite, went to another to do damage, and then died. Shortly after respawning, the satellite I was defending was stolen by the enemy. Yeah, nice job Bioware. I was totally not participating by guarding that satellite. 

It is impossible to get kicked while defending a sat. If your on the sat it marks you as contributing. So if your getting kicked defending, then your not close enough to the sat.

As for missing 99% of your shots. Are you in the proper range for the weapons your using? are you shooting for the circle, instead of shooting at the ship? (Shoot at the circle is the correct way). If you haven't already done so already, go into your user Preferences>Starfighter, and turn on Advanced Tooltips. This will give you more information on the systems of each ship, this way you can understand weapon ranges, and effects better.

Edited by Toraak

Just now, Toraak said:

As for missing 99% of your shots. Are you in the proper range for the weapons your using? are you shooting for the circle, instead of shooting at the ship? (Shoot at the circle is the correct way). If you haven't already done wo, go into your user interface>Starfighter, and turn on Advanced Tooltips. This will give you more information on the systems of each ship, this way you can understand weapon ranges, and effects better.

Yes, I've played enough dog fighting games to know the rule of "Shoot where they're going, not where they've been".

I can be close enough to the satellites to touch them, and for whatever reason, bioware still wants to kick me for not participating. They say "Do some damage"

On 2/11/2023 at 10:16 PM, Dayshadow said:

they don't even play GSF

Maybe, maybe not. What do we know?

Just turn around and kill one. Seriously?

First time flying strikers with turns or retro?

MAKE them crash into something. "Make them"? What?

Guess, you can fly through tight spots on good speed, so people chasing you will likely hit an obstacle, because they are also trying to hit you?

On 2/21/2023 at 10:20 PM, winpersec said:

First time flying strikers with turns or retro?

This works against players who don't know or care what's going on. Once they figure out they need to fly out of your maneuver or pop cooldowns, they stop dying to it.

On 2/21/2023 at 10:20 PM, winpersec said:

Guess, you can fly through tight spots on good speed, so people chasing you will likely hit an obstacle, because they are also trying to hit you?

This works against players who don't know better or care to learn. Once they figure out that they can't chase and shoot around rocks recklessly, they learn how to play around it.

Depending on your definition of defending, you can potentially be kicked while defending.  Defending a neutral sat to keep it from going red doesn't count as contributing, even though it can be decisive in winning games.  Only friendly captured sats count as defender contribution for player activity timer.

For making people crash, Sabo Probe works, and so do using missile locks to scare people into Power Diving or Barrel Rolling into terrain.  All hard to do while being chased though.

Edited by Ramalina

On 2/23/2023 at 5:46 AM, ALaggyGrunt said:

This works against players who don't know or care what's going on. Once they figure out they need to fly out of your maneuver or pop cooldowns, they stop dying to it.

This works against players who don't know better or care to learn. Once they figure out that they can't chase and shoot around rocks recklessly, they learn how to play around it.

The thing is, you can't really outrun two skilled players. Or you have to play scout and then the whole wall of text in this thread is pointless as if you're kiting non-scouts for 4 minutes straight on scout and can't get away, you're doing it fundamentally wrong.

Well yeah, it could be a 1 bomber trying to outrun 2 bombers, but that's more like a bad p*rno movie.

1 hour ago, winpersec said:

you can't really outrun two skilled players.

Yeah i've been starting to notice that ^ , at least while on my Strike Fighter ship.  ( regardless of component upgrades )

Silly me, i just figured using  LOS  weaving in & out of space debris, asteroids, & such  would be a wise tactic , possibly even to give my wingmen a chance to cover.

But no, BioWare thinks it's much more STAR WARSy to go kamakazee LeroyJenkins "contribute" most of the time. :rolleyes:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: JOYSTICK support PLEASE BIOWARE!!!!!!

I'm a bit puzzled by all the complaints about ppl "running from the enemy until they get vote kicked for not contributing". Have you tried, you know, fighting the enemy proberly? By running, you're not really making the situation any better. Make some sharp turns, use different speeds and the maneuverability-effects those different speeds have on you to get behind the other guy and shoot. Or at least use Reflect Shield to damage the other guy - because than you're contributing.

What I've noticed about many players trying to get into GSF is, that they're not shooting. They might have a somewhat decent accuracy, but they have such a low amount of shots in the game, that they're just not doing damage - at the same time I was having 3 or 4 times as many shots and, often, worse accuracy, but far more damage. So my advice: You cannot hit anyone if you don't shoot. Running away isn't gonna win you the game. Playing a bomber in Death Match is not really doing any good as a solo player either. Yes, occasionally, someone who's fighting the entire time is coming to you for some repairs and ammunition, but you're not helping an awful lot if things are not coordinated. You're contributing more by just playing a Gunship and getting an occasional shot in. I would go so far to even say, that playing a Repair-bomber in Death Match is lazy and I think it's good BW is punishing players who just want to lazily farm the rewards without actually doing the team any good.

However, here is the thing: I never vote kick some one who's just sitting in the back doing nothing in Death Match. Because those players don't hurt the team as much as those that just fly into the enemy and die. I'd rather have a team mate with 0 kill, 0 assists, 0 damage and 0 deaths than one with 0 kills, 2 assists, 5000 damage and 12 deaths. I can carry most games on TH on my own if the rest of the team is not playing stupidly. So if you really want the game to be over fast, just stay away from the fight and don't feed kills to the enemy. People vote kicking those non-contributors should start using their brains. But then again, they would not have 0 kills and 12 deaths if they had a brain to speak of.

So, TL;DR: Learn the game and don't complain about the system BW has put up to punish those that just want to sit around and farm rewards.

And while we're here, I'd really like to have a way to check the game scores (the same you have in the end) during the game and, if I want to, vote kick someone who is, for example, only Kill-Feeding in DM to "make the game be over faster". That's the real scourge on this game mode.

32 minutes ago, Exocor said:

I'm a bit puzzled by all the complaints about ppl "running from the enemy until they get vote kicked for not contributing".

First off, ships don't  "run" .  Nice shame attempt though. ;)

Secondly, there's nothing wrong with evading, dodging, weaving, LOS'ing, etc. ... until such time as you reach a power-up  or some other tactical advantage, for example.

33 minutes ago, Exocor said:

Have you tried, you know, fighting the enemy proberly?

lol "properly" :rolleyes:

36 minutes ago, Exocor said:

By running, you're not really making the situation any better.

Typical generalization, totally ignoring the SPECIFIC circumstantial examples already cited by myself & others.

37 minutes ago, Exocor said:

Make some sharp turns, use different speeds and the maneuverability-effects those different speeds have on you to get behind the other guy and shoot.

Some of us who've been cyber-flying since SWG JTL  will do exactly that ^ , depending upon the situation & enemy.

That doesn't mean BioWare shouldn't still tweak the auto-kick algorithm & timer just slightly though.

40 minutes ago, Exocor said:

Learn the game and don't complain about the system BW has put up to punish those that just want to sit around and farm rewards.

Your condescending snarky tone aside,  BioWare's  good intentions to "punish" the AFK'ers  is often having some unintended (and unnecessary ) repercussions on earnestly ACTIVE pilots.

Why is that so hard for you to simply acknowledge?

42 minutes ago, Exocor said:

That's the real scourge on this game mode.

Respectfully disagree.

IMHO, just like in the ground PVP community, the real  scourge is arrogant "hardcore" players who ironically serve to suppress the population of the very queue they wish to pop faster & more frequently.  It's just too bad to see GSF community slowly getting infected by such types lately.

• Like 1

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Nee-Elder:

IMHO, just like in the ground PVP community, the real  scourge is arrogant "hardcore" players who ironically serve to suppress the population of the very queue they wish to pop faster & more frequently.  It's just too bad to see GSF community slowly getting infected by such types lately.

So you don't think people who just fly into the enemy brainlessly, without actively contributing to the team are the problem? Those ppl are the main reason games are lost these days. I'd rather have the queue not pop as often if we can avoid those types of players. I prefer quality over quantity.

3 hours ago, Exocor said:

So you don't think people who just fly into the enemy brainlessly, without actively contributing to the team are the problem? Those ppl are the main reason games are lost these days. I'd rather have the queue not pop as often if we can avoid those types of players. I prefer quality over quantity.

Your rare then. Most people don't want to sit in a queu waiting (like I am now), they'd rather get a pop. Even if it is a frustrating match with people mindlessly throwing themselves against the enemy. At least we'd get to play then.

8 hours ago, Exocor said:

So you don't think people who just fly into the enemy brainlessly, without actively contributing to the team are the problem?

Obviously, as with any online MMO , one of the "problems"  is the randomosity of RL skill ( or lack thereof ) from within 1000's of gamers.

But no, i don't believe it's  THE problem.

Here's my list of "problems" that are, in my opinion, far more important than trying regulate away the many variables of flawed humans & their ISP's & computers:

• still zero  JOYSTICK support for GSF
  • still zero PVE quests nor exploratory maps for GSF
  • still zero BIOWARE development nor significant attention toward GSF
  • still zero nuance to the auto-KICK  timer system ( which is supposedly meant to eradicate AFK'er's, but instead sometimes  punishes legit pilots trying to contribute the best they can in that particular circumstantial moment---or minutes---of  high intensity SPACE combat )

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Toraak:

Your rare then. Most people don't want to sit in a queu waiting (like I am now), they'd rather get a pop. Even if it is a frustrating match with people mindlessly throwing themselves against the enemy. At least we'd get to play then.

For me it's just different. I'm not jumping around on the fleet waiting for a GSF-pop. I'm queuing and then I'm doing something different - office work or even things away from the computer. Sometimes I do the dishes or make dinner while queuing. I personally prefer high quality games. Low-quality games are not fun and I'm playing a game to have fun.

On 2/28/2023 at 12:23 AM, Exocor said:

I would go so far to even say, that playing a Repair-bomber in Death Match is lazy and I think it's good BW is punishing players who just want to lazily farm the rewards without actually doing the team any good.

Wrong. I've seen several matches turned when people changed ships and we had 3 or 4 gunships sat on a bomber with the heal drone on. And if the teams are evenly distributed in the match, having the means to outliving your opponents can decide the game in your favor.  By the way, don't get caught serving yourself from the players you are disparaging. It would be quite awkward...

People vote kicking those non-contributors should start using their brains. But then again, they would not have 0 kills and 12 deaths if they had a brain to speak of.

But feeders are contributing; they're doing damage. Even if you can detect a pattern and see a player is running kamikaze attacks, he is still doing damage and will never get flagged as "not contributing". If you can't effectively kick the bad players, then the innocent players are getting punished in vain.

So, TL;DR: Learn the game and don't complain about the system BW has put up to punish those that just want to sit around and farm rewards.

And this is how you get players who were just bad at GSF, now pissed and purposefully derailing the matches.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb yandcabral:

Wrong. I've seen several matches turned when people changed ships and we had 3 or 4 gunships sat on a bomber with the heal drone on. And if the teams are evenly distributed in the match, having the means to outliving your opponents can decide the game in your favor.  By the way, don't get caught serving yourself from the players you are disparaging. It would be quite awkward...

I didn't say it was completely useless. Only if it is being done uncoordinated. I've played matches with friends where one of us purposefully used a repair bomber to do exactly what you described. But if you're sitting in a corner, surrounded by your mines and drones, far away from anybody, you can't complain that nobody wants to die in your mines and drones or takes your repair if it takes an eternity to get there. Not saying that you did that, but that's the statement I put forward: It's lazy to do it like that.

But feeders are contributing; they're doing damage. Even if you can detect a pattern and see a player is running kamikaze attacks, he is still doing damage and will never get flagged as "not contributing". If you can't effectively kick the bad players, then the innocent players are getting punished in vain.

Doing damage in GSF is helping as much as doing damage in PvP: It looks decent in the statistics, but if there is enough repair, it doesn't help. I'm often using a Strike Fighter with Hydro Spanner. If someone's hitting me every once in a while, it's being repaired away very quickly. Also, do you know what shields are?

So yes, a player doing damage every once in a while is contributing in terms of the kick-mechanic. But he is not actually contributing anything to the team effort to win the game. In fact, the players ending up with a 0-12 k/d is hurting his own team. That's why I'd rather have people sitting on the outside, not feeding kills to the opposing team and let those that know what to do do the dirty work.

And this is how you get players who were just bad at GSF, now pissed and purposefully derailing the matches.

I disagree. You get bad players queuing only for rewards, kill feeding by putting up rewards for simply contributing - making it profitable for those players to simply hang around, not doing anything useful and still getting out with something.

I'd prefer rewards to be more skill-based - if you contribute more to your team, you get more tech fragments for example. That would discourage those, that are only there for the rewards, but are not willing to learn how to fly to not queue - and it would lead to more high quality games overall. Probably fewer games as well, but I'd be fine with that tradeoff.

On 3/1/2023 at 12:58 PM, Exocor said:

I didn't say it was completely useless. Only if it is being done uncoordinated. I've played matches with friends where one of us purposefully used a repair bomber to do exactly what you described. But if you're sitting in a corner, surrounded by your mines and drones, far away from anybody, you can't complain that nobody wants to die in your mines and drones or takes your repair if it takes an eternity to get there. Not saying that you did that, but that's the statement I put forward: It's lazy to do it like that.

If they are 'not contributing', they are useless. If they are contributing in some form, they are not useless.

Can't be both.

The scaled rewards is a good idea. But unfortunately, like many others, it will end up buried under the demands for more bans and restrictions.

@yandcabral, @Achnaattwo. @Nee-Elder,   do any of you have any solid evidence that an auto-kick feature exists?   Pre 5.5, and I believe at least for some time after 5.5,  I know 100% for certain that no such feature existed in GSF.   We had some theme night games at times where it was basically 12 v 1, and the job of the 1 was to run away and survive as long as possible.   So based on experience, I can tell you that in the past is was possible to be non-contributing for pretty much the whole match without getting kicked, because other players had to initiate the kick.

I've looked through the patch notes for 6.0 through present in the General, Warzone/PvP, and Galactic Starfighter sections, and haven't found any notes about changing how this worked.  Do you know of any official Bioware notification otherwise, or have any ingame messages that it was specifically automatic and not just a grumpy player on your team checking the teams frequently to initiate a kick as soon as they saw someone with inactive status?  

Having an AFK/inactive detection system upgrade from the old: do damage  OR  be in capture range of a friendly satellite, is a slightly separate issue.   At a certain skill level, staying away from the non-contribute flag becomes trivially easy, but in the beginning like most of GSF's skills it can be frustratingly difficult, especially since there are higher priority things to worry about such as not getting blown up.    Healing is a bit problematic because you have to code to distinguish between self-healing and healing others (self healing can't count because it's too easy to exploit), getting damaged is also a bit problematic because being AFK while gently bumping into an asteroid would be a way to cheat the detector.   Contested sats would be a good improvement, but . . .   there's a problem.     Changes in detection require actual writing of code to change how GSF functions, not just edits of numerical values in existing code.   That means programmer time needs to be allotted to it, and GSF's allotment of programmer time is zero, unless it's to fix unintended severe bugs.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ramalina said:

@Nee-Elder,   do any of you have any solid evidence that an auto-kick feature exists?  

It was posted about , with ss's & descriptions , in this other related thread: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/927493-the-gsf-bot-is-a-bad-idea/

Plus  @Ramalina, the system has an initial  onscreen red 'warning' notification message , which constitutes some level of  automation, no?

Otherwise, no i don't work for BIOWARE , so no i haven't seen the CODE nor any internal  'auto' systems therein.

Of course, why should we expect anyone from @EricMusco 's BioWare Dev Team to comment on this topic, since they barely even acknowledge GSF exists. :(

55 minutes ago, Ramalina said:

not just a grumpy player on your team checking the teams frequently to initiate a kick as soon as they saw someone with inactive status? 

I can only speak for my personal cases  and in my personal circumstances  it was both impossible to initate a *kick* against me  at the specific time & circumstance it occurred ( already explained this in the other thread )  and  furthermore no one would've targetted ME specifically to 'vote' kick me off then.  ( not based on Leaderboard stats at the time for entire match )

And if it was someone who just didn't like me, then why did they only do it ONCE and only in that particular match?

That's not how trolling or harassment works.

Edited by Nee-Elder

Number One:  The "non-contributing message" is automatic.

Number Two: It does NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT automatically boot you from a match.  Never has, never will.  That would be wonderful though.

Number Three:  "Non-contributing" message does not appear out of thin air.  You have to physically not touch an enemy for a minute and a half, or not be on a captured node.

The time frame is approximately a minute and a half or so, from your last damage, or spawn in.

Number Four:  In order to get kicked for "non-contributing", four team mates have to vote to kick you from the match.  So, if you are habitual non-contributor, you might get the quick      

kick from people who dont like leaches. 

Number Five:  You can get "non-contributing", even if you killed 20, had 125k damage, etc.  You just have to not do anything for about a minute and a half.  You do not get auto kicked.  You have to be voted off.  Kinda like Survivor.

Number Six: The only other explanation for your issue is, that you got server kicked.  If you get kicked from a match, it doesnt kick you to server select screen.  Just a FYI.  I dont know how familiar you are with the game.  So, this is a viable possibility.  I have gotten server kicked.  Its basically a link death, like form the old dial up days.  But it does, and has happened on these servers.

So, yeah.  Thats how that works.  Not the way you say it does.

7 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

It was posted about , with ss's & descriptions , in this other related thread: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/927493-the-gsf-bot-is-a-bad-idea/

Plus  @Ramalina, the system has an initial  onscreen red 'warning' notification message , which constitutes some level of  automation, no?

Otherwise, no i don't work for BIOWARE , so no i haven't seen the CODE nor any internal  'auto' systems therein.

Of course, why should we expect anyone from @EricMusco 's BioWare Dev Team to comment on this topic, since they barely even acknowledge GSF exists. :(

I can only speak for my personal cases  and in my personal circumstances  it was both impossible to initate a *kick* against me  at the specific time & circumstance it occurred ( already explained this in the other thread )  and  furthermore no one would've targetted ME specifically to 'vote' kick me off then.  ( not based on Leaderboard stats at the time for entire match )

And if it was someone who just didn't like me, then why did they only do it ONCE and only in that particular match?

That's not how trolling or harassment works.

So in summary:

You have no knowledge of statements from Bioware that they implemented an auto-kick.

You received no notification from the in game UI that is was an automatic rather than player initiated kick.

You posted a screenshot that leads to a 404 error not found.

A simple, "No, I have no evidence," would have sufficed.   I read and posted in that thread, and not having seen any real evidence for or against, but seeing you and others talk about auto-kick with great confidence made me wonder if you did have evidence that simply hadn't been presented.

Salty tone aside, though, your response is actually quite helpful.   If I had to bet, I'd lay money on you just misinterpreting what the UI is presenting, and actually being still non-contributing even though you thought you weren't.   That's not an insult by the way.  I can't count the number of times I've thought one thing happened during a match only to go back and look at a recording and find that watching without the stress and excitement of playing at the same time reveals a very different story.   There's a small chance of course that a network latency spike created a situation where there was a desync between what your client thought was going on and what was going on in the server, but you should have seen fairly obvious signs of lag if that were the case.

I wasn't trying to imply that anyone was specifically trying to target or harass you.  I was trying to say that some people playing GSF seem to have an enrage timer regarding everyone who ever has non-contribute for even a fraction of a second, and will try to kick all kickable players as soon as they become kickable.   Seems silly to me, as we were all beginners once, and in any case in a TDM the team is better off if a new player hides in a terrrain object somewhere and dies maybe once, than if they rack up 16 deaths trying to avoid what's basically the "Hello world" code example hooked up to a timer.

My overall advice, unless someone comes up with actual evidence of an auto-kick, is to be friendly and sociable in the chat while waiting for the match to start, and then just ignore the warning if you think that ignoring it allows you to play better than paying attention to it.    I'll try testing it at some point just to be sure though.

39 minutes ago, Ramalina said:

So in summary:

You have no knowledge of statements from Bioware that they implemented an auto-kick.

No one does. ( obviously )

You received no notification from the in game UI that is was an automatic rather than player initiated kick.

Incorrect , since i already told you  how  i ( and others ) did indeed receive the  AUTO  red message on screen *warning*  notification FIRST  (which can only be prompted by the game system and therefore cannot be done by players, no?  ) before getting kicked on that specific 'edge case' scenario.

As to what transpires after that, with other players, it's impossible to know unless 1 of those players  whispers me directly afterwards and says "sorry we had to vote kick you"  ---But that would never happen to someone like me, since i never AFK and i'm always contributing in some way non-stop the entire match.

That doesn't necessarily mean i did  damage against enemy ships non-stop without missing 90 seconds while going to get a PUP or trying to escape being chased or LOS'ing or racing to get closer to my pocket parked Gunship teammate, etc. etc. etc.

You posted a screenshot that leads to a 404 error not found.

Also incorrect.   That screenshot post was from weeks ago , and things have happened ( behind the scenes ) since then.

In other words, BioWare Devs ( the only people who truly matter ) have seen that screenshot and are aware of my circumstances/report.

As such, the original link i provided became moot and was removed. ( since BioWare already has it )

Sorry for the confusion.

A simple, "No, I have no evidence," would have sufficed.

Incorrect again, as noted above by my need to further elaborate so your assumptions wouldn't be considered as fact.  ( either in your own mind or by anyone reading this thread )

I wasn't trying to imply that anyone was specifically trying to target or harass you.

Makes no difference to me either way.   After 11+ years here in SWTOR, i've garnered quite the collection of  umm "fans" by now. :D

My overall advice, unless someone comes up with actual evidence of an auto-kick, is to be friendly and sociable in the chat while waiting for the match to start,

Yep i do that pretty much every match anyways, since  imho the PILOT community = best bunch of players in the game ( from a nice & calm & reasonable  standpoint ) .

and then just ignore the warning if you think that ignoring it allows you to play better than paying attention to it. 

hmm i don't understand why you would advise such a thing tbqh , since anyone who ignores that  onscreen red *warning*  is gonna eventually get kicked.

Anyways, see ya 'round the GSF queue ! :csw_vadertie:

Edited by Nee-Elder

On 2/3/2023 at 2:46 AM, Nee-Elder said:

Just now, in  a 'deathmatch' , i had like 4 kills 4 assists  5 pups , was doing great ... then 2 enemy ships started  CHASING me ... i'm weaving in & out , getting repair bots , getting HIT , but not doing any damage ( how could i ?  i was being 2-man chased !!!! ) .  Then, i get  "flagged" ... and i  flip 360 real quick and fire a few bolts at  an enemy ship, but i miss...

....and then i fire one last bolt and HIT,  except second later, the 2 ships kill me ....  so i respawn ...and  THEN get "vote kicked"  LOL  WUT THA HECK?!!?!?!!

How long were you waiting for a respawn? Did you see actual damage numbers or just heard the co-pilot bark? Co-pilot seems to think you sometimes hit someone when you didn't (evasion, maybe?)

My guess is there's some latency between the vote kick system receiving enough votes to kick you and the actual kick. For example:

1. You are fighting for your dear life and are flagged as "Not contributing".
  2. One of your teammates notices you flagged as "Not contributing" and votes to kick you.
  3. Server checks if you are flagged as "Not contributing" and accepts the vote.
  4. Three (?) more teammates vote to kick you and the server accepts the votes.
  5. You hit an enemy. This clears your non contributing flag.
  6. You are killed. This should clear your non contributing flag but you are no longer flagged.
  7. You get lucky and instantly respawn instead of having to wait 10 seconds for the next wave.
  8. Server counts the votes every few seconds, realizes it got enough votes to kick you and proceeds to do so, without checking if you are still flagged as "Not contributing".