Testing 64-bit on the PTS!

JackieKo

vor 8 Stunden schrieb jbuncher:

Dude, I don't want to pick a fight, but this is pretty awful advice.

1.)  He said he got the empty server screen, not a crash, so he's at least loading the game.  I can't imagine it would get that far if he's on 32-bit Win10 Pro.
2.)  "Blocked by Firewall " might be true, but try being more helpful.  If it's blocked by the firewall or Windows Defender, can you provide ports /etc that need to be opened?  Or instructions on how others have circumvented the problem?  
3.)  "Reinstall Win10" is insane.  Reinstalling an entire OS should only ever be done as a last resort.

If anyone (dev or otherwise) on this thread has encountered the "blank server list" and actually overcome it, please help!  Is seems as though there are quite a few of us and the issue doesn't seem to be getting addressed.  What do you (devs) need from us to fix the problem!  Let us know and we'll provide it!

--Mop

Puh, that wasn't easy to give advice if we've give not good advice.
Well, tried X times, it doesn't always work, there's only one way to reinstall.
Somewhere files (Windows) have become corrupted.

DNS-Server problem -- something is blocking DNS

Possibly, AntiVirus or Windows Defender by Firewall can be corrupted.
Windows Firewall can't repair them.
Well, good or bad advice.
not easy.

Edited by Unterlord

Still getting the character transfer multiplier although it goes away after you remove duplicate characters.

Also, the first time that I started it, I got an error 961 but it didn't stop me from logging in..

Other than that, once I adjusted my graphics settings back to how they are on the normal server, everything seemed fine (apart from the aforementioned foliage issue).

Otherwise, I already have a 64-bit system and snowballs/fighting seem to be largely the same although my Powertech's stun had the electrical bolts look slightly different.  Like the arcs were a bit thicker.

Edited by Thepyrethatburns
addition on stun.

hmm... first I had Error Code 961, like others have reported... but any workaround (like closing and re-opening the launcher) didn't work and now- whenever I switch to the PTS I get the "Launcher error: Code 987 - RepositorySync_Error_StallTimeout"

At least I can switch back to Live without problems...

EDIT: after switching yet again back to PTS: it worked after downloading about 6'ish GB - yay :D

2nd Edit: same procedere everytime with Error 961: I have to swtich back and forth between PTS and Live and PTS and Live before I can log in into either  - quite annoying, so I will stop testing :(

Edited by Dekibra
update & 2nd update

11 hours ago, Dekibra said:

hmm... first I had Error Code 961, like others have reported... but any workaround (like closing and re-opening the launcher) didn't work and now- whenever I switch to the PTS I get the "Launcher error: Code 987 - RepositorySync_Error_StallTimeout"

At least I can switch back to Live without problems...

EDIT: after switching yet again back to PTS: it worked after downloading about 6'ish GB - yay :D

2nd Edit: same procedere everytime with Error 961: I have to swtich back and forth between PTS and Live and PTS and Live before I can log in into either  - quite annoying, so I will stop testing :(

I just wanted to add that I would occasionally get the Error 961 SyncTimeoutError, but when it resolved I was still presented with the empty server list.  Probably going to stop trying to test until hearing from the devs that they think they solved the empty list issue, so we should try again.

So, I managed to get into the test server last evening. I played like 3 hours on Nar Shaddaa on my warrior. I must say that while no game breaking bugs, everything is a slug. The graphics are very good looking, but only when you get close. Quite a few parts of the environment is missing from the distance, like pillars, walls, forcefields, crates, boxes and the like. I know that some planets are harder on the system than others, but getting tanked to between 50 and 60 fps on a planet where I am alone, only doing solostuff (!) when on live I have around 200 is not a catastrophe, but I had hoped for more. Weirdly enough, I have not have missing npc's or enemies missing, and all cut scenes and convos works, and I had not expected that with this drop in performance, so thumb up on that.

I updated to the most recent PTS build today and did a solo Esseles run with a lvl24 Trooper/Sniper that I had made from scratch on a previous PTS iteration. All the earlier video hang/stuttering was gone. There were occasional lag spikes to >900ms, but otherwise everything played real nice & smooth. No crashes.

Edited by Unagi
  • Thanks 1

Here is a short update. I forgot to notice when I hit 50, but I hit 52 at 29 hours 7 mins. Thats with afk and without any kind of xp boost. Thing is, I hit 52 after having finished Nar Shaddaa. I admit, I completed every single mission, incl. heroics and bonus series, from Korriban, Kaas, Balmorra and Nar Shaddaa, but come on. Thats not even fun. Reduce the amount of xp by 300%. And remove bolster and level sync, it works like thin skid anyway.

Edited by MortenJessen

2 hours ago, MortenJessen said:

Here is a short update. I forgot to notice when I hit 50, but I hit 52 at 29 hours 7 mins. Thats with afk and without any kind of xp boost. Thing is, I hit 52 after having finished Nar Shaddaa. I admit, I completed every single mission, incl. heroics and bonus series, from Korriban, Kaas, Balmorra and Nar Shaddaa, but come on. Thats not even fun. Reduce the amount of xp by 300%. And remove bolster and level sync, it works like thin skid anyway.

I dont this this has anything to do with the PTS and what the devs are asking for.....

• Thanks 1

Am 11.1.2023 um 11:37 schrieb MortenJessen:

As an aside, UnterlordAchnaattwo wrote his system was Version 22H2. That IS 64 bit, just to let you know. So he do not have a 32 bit system.

Version 22H2 had too 32-bit
only MediaCreationTool22H2 or Win22H2.iso with 32-bit or 64-bit install
He had August 2020 => Version 2004 install.
It's possible 32-bit install
I cannot know if he have 32-bit install

No. 1
I am sure the antivirus or firewall had blocked DNS-Server.

Edited by Unterlord

True, Unterlord, 22H2 has a 32bit version, but, it is specifically called 22H2 (32bit), and since his version only says 22H2, we know for sure that it is the 64bit version, per default. 

2 hours ago, TalLura said:

I dont this this has anything to do with the PTS and what the devs are asking for.....

It is precisely what pts is for; feedback. Just because I did not encounter any game breaking bugs, I can still give feedback. 

7 hours ago, MortenJessen said:

I that seems "normal".  Doing every mission (which is what I normally do) gets you *way* over-leveled.  The only reason you didn't typically get *too* over-leveled before they introduced the level-sync is because all the enemies you killed didn't count for anything since you were too over-level, and the missions granted less xp (since they were for a lower level).  Level sync killed that, and there's not really a way around it.  My guess is they've tuned it so that players hit 50 by the end of the class story if they *only* do those missions.

On 1/9/2023 at 10:36 AM, DWho said:

yup, still blank server list. Oh well, maybe the next iteration will work better.

Well, went backwards this time with trying the PTS. Now getting an error 961 during the update. Previously the update worked fine but ended with a blank server list.

launch still no servers

Device name  
Processor    AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor              4.00 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB

System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display

• Dev Post

Hey everyone, 

A new iteration of PTS has been deployed. If you experienced a crash prior to this build, we highly encourage you to test out PTS again and report any new findings here. Should your game experience a crash, please follow the support steps listed here

As an FYI, it is expected that the download for the launcher will be over 30GB and Steam's will be 8GB.

EDIT: Updated the expectations on downloads. 

Thanks! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2